Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

SSNeoman posted:

On an unrelated note, I really, really want to hear Hillary Clinton say 'gently caress' at least once in my life.

Debate #4

Trump: "You know Hillary, you're a real oval office."
Clinton: "Go gently caress yourself, Donald."
America: :awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Radish posted:

They will get put on admin-leave and have their pay reimbursed after being cleared.

The only "interesting" thing about these now is the creative way the police union or police chief describes the situation so that the police were acting correctly.

Actually they've already come out and said the officers violated policy.

Now of course, some of us think the fact a person is dead is a big deal, but looks like they'll get a written reprimand at least.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

:laffo: now I want to know what she listens to. :allears:

Incidentally the answer for Trump is "anime OPs"

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I heard Hillary is a huge DJ Snake fan

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
The Schnitzel House in NYV took down their autographed photo of Trump because Yelpers were complaining about it. Fwiw I think it's cheap when people try to make up poo poo about a restaurant to punish it (as rightists did last week to a restaurant where an employee posted anti-Trump stuff on his personal FB so they went after his employer with allegations of pests and sexual harassment), but if reviewers are honestly saying "knowing their political stance reduces my enjoyment of their services" I think that's kosher.

An immature part of me enjoys reading way too much into this comment:

quote:

I was honored to hang the photo,” Fred Urban said. “He’s a prominent businessman and a big supporter of German-American heritage.”

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

edrith posted:

going from my 65-year-old mom's musical tastes: pink martini, radiohead, patsy cline, the hamilton ocr, and godflesh

Regular Godflesh or the remix albums?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Radish posted:

They will get put on admin-leave and have their pay reimbursed after being cleared.

The only "interesting" thing about these now is the creative way the police union or police chief describes the situation so that the police were acting correctly.

If you're gonna post dumb stuff you could at least check to see if it has already not happened... it's pretty hard clear someone of wrongdoing when they've already ruled exactly the opposite.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SSNeoman posted:

On an unrelated note, I really, really want to hear Hillary Clinton say 'gently caress' at least once in my life.

Rumor is she only drops the F bomb if she's about to Vince Foster you.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Trabisnikof posted:

From rolling stone

Seems to me that Hillary is proof Democrats make better grandparents than Republicans, cause she's way cooler than my grandma. :colbert:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

YOu know, I'm really going to miss Obama. He's truly a fantastic orator, but he's also natural at comedic timing. I don't think we'll ever have another president in my lifetime that can dunk the way he can.

See if you can dig up some video of yesterday's press conference. His tone when he answered the question about the election being rigged was hilarious. And everyone latched onto him saying "if he's up 10 pts the day before the election and loses, get back to me" but the funny part was he followed that up with "but that doesn't appear to be the case" which was really tongue-in-cheek and hilarious.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

Rumor is she only drops the F bomb if she's about to Vince Foster you.

My god I love this word filter so goddamn much.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mahoning posted:

See if you can dig up some video of yesterday's press conference. His tone when he answered the question about the election being rigged was hilarious. And everyone latched onto him saying "if he's up 10 pts the day before the election and loses, get back to me" but the funny part was he followed that up with "but that doesn't appear to be the case" which was really tongue-in-cheek and hilarious.

He's really good at owning Trump, which doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment except the deepest primary bench in GOP history couldn't do it once.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I was sorely disappointed when the 18 year old didn't beat him for the school board, and I pray for the day he is inevitably jailed for one of his shadier business deals.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mahoning posted:

Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHkK6mbFUTk&t=1691s

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Reckon Trump's staff are trying to physically restrain him from yet again responding to Khan and pushing this beef into a new week?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

Actually they've already come out and said the officers violated policy.

Now of course, some of us think the fact a person is dead is a big deal, but looks like they'll get a written reprimand at least.

Fair enough but I still doubt they will get more than that.

Jarmak posted:

If you're gonna post dumb stuff you could at least check to see if it has already not happened... it's pretty hard clear someone of wrongdoing when they've already ruled exactly the opposite.

While I admit I didn't read it because I've seriously started to lose faith in this system and these articles are depressing as hell and always follow the exact same trajectory, haha like undoing punishments for police is not unprecedented when there is political pressure to do so.

http://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/...armed-black-man

Maybe they will be punished, maybe they won't but don't act smug like it's already happened here.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
This music chat reminds me of Jon Huntsman and his dorky 70's prog rock band

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Radish posted:

Fair enough but I still doubt they will get more than that.

While I admit I didn't read it because I've seriously started to lose faith in this system and these articles are depressing as hell and always follow the exact same trajectory, haha like undoing punishments for police is not unprecedented when there is political pressure to do so.

http://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/...armed-black-man

Maybe they will be punished, maybe they won't but don't act smug like it's already happened here.

:ironicat:

http://us.cnn.com/2016/08/05/us/chicago-police-shooting-video-release/index.html posted:

Sharon Fairley, head of Chicago's police oversight board, described the video in a statement as "shocking and disturbing" and offered her condolences to O'Neal's family and friends.

Yup, coverup is in full swing!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

I heard Hillary is a huge DJ Snake fan

i bet hillary totally get get get gets low when the whistle blow

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jarmak posted:

I'll believe it the moment there's a conviction for something.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Whether she recognizes it or it's just white noise to her now "Know your Enemy" has been playing loop in her subconscious for running on 20 years.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/761607416936927232?s=09

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Schizotek posted:

:lol: the Art of War is literally a loving pamphlet. I'm pretty sure being able to give a superficial comparison of Jomini and Clausewitz is the floor for pseudo-intellectual armchair tacticians these days.

The funny thing about the Art of War is that while it has this mystique of being an ancient volume of secret strategic knowledge, it's actually War for Dummies: How Not To Do Obviously Stupid Things.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I can't wait for the tell all book to come out, written by Paul Manafort about working with Trump as a "serious" candidate.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Ratoslov posted:

The funny thing about the Art of War is that while it has this mystique of being an ancient volume of secret strategic knowledge, it's actually War for Dummies: How Not To Do Obviously Stupid Things.

See also: The Gorin no Sho, Miyamoto Musashi's guide to beating people upside the head.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

:ironicat: indeed.

If you read the article I posted it's specifically about a case where initially the police officer in question was indefinitely suspended for killing an unarmed man, but then was rescinded because of pressure from the local Police Officer's Association.

They haven't been punished yet. Getting suspended while a review is on-going isn't a punishment, just like how getting fired isn't an adequate punishment for homicide. In the current climate of police shootings you don't get to act like being distrustful of internal inquiries is some outrageous position. Especially when once again the police cameras were off and this was the situation until recently as per the article:

quote:

As detailed in a recent Tribune investigation, IPRA has long conducted superficial investigations and recommended light punishments.

Great that, according to the article, they are trying to turn this around but these guys have not been punished. I will admit I am wrong if they are but as of now they have not.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 5, 2016

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jarmak posted:

Good think shocking and disturbing videos of police actions result in punishment!

Even the ninja-barrel-roll cop who drew down on unarmed teens at a pool party got away without punishment. He's working for Sherrif Joe now.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

comes along bort posted:

Regular Godflesh or the remix albums?

regular, as is correct

she likes ambient black metal because "it's soothing"

Tempest_56 posted:

I was sorely disappointed when the 18 year old didn't beat him for the school board, and I pray for the day he is inevitably jailed for one of his shadier business deals.

pretty sure 18-year-old is still putting together a lawsuit against him for revealing his suspension record, which was not a thing he should have done. "Paladino Stripped of School Board Seat For Violating Privacy Rules" is a headline that could occur in the next coupla months

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

B B posted:

The Chicago police are about to release a video of an officer-involved shooting and already warning of potential for "civil unrest":

Maybe one day these idiots will realize the unrest is because they acknowledge this sort of behavior violates department guidelines (and the law) but cops still walk without charges because they system is stacked in their favor.

Though maybe this time a cop will actually be held accountable and not given a farce of a trial.

WampaLord posted:

The Mormons really hate Trump.

Gary Johnson is also stealing a ton of Trump support in polls there.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

couldn't you put a dummy card in that passes the Luhn algorithm? Is it illegal to suggest people do that to soft-cancel a recurring payment like this? you can just dump 4111111111111111 in there and it should validate.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
So if this keeps up another week or two, can we say that mainstream media is clearly pivoting to "stomping a new mud hole" being a bigger audience grabber than "horse race"?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

So if this keeps up another week or two, can we say that mainstream media is clearly pivoting to "stomping a new mud hole" being a bigger audience grabber than "horse race"?

That's probably the best case scenario. If the media pivots to The Roast of Donald Trump 2: Electric Boogaloo, and Hillary and the Dems can avoid unforced errors (lol), he's pretty right hosed.

A worse scenario is Trump manages to avoid saying anything completely utterly horrible and recovers slightly.

The worst possible outcome is Hillary either does or has somebody accuse her of something with legs that gains serious traction, October Surprise style. This is what I'm personally afraid of.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

This whole election is some from of elaborate scam for him. That's the only way I can rationalize someone this stupid and corrupt running so high.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

:circlefap:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

There's no way it's gonna last until election day, but god, that would be the best. I can't wait til my state turns blue.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Y'all need to knock it off with the Now-cast on 538. Polls-plus is the only thing that matters.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If polling continues like this what the hell do the GOP leaders do? They can't just let Trump make their party look like a joke, but it sounds like they have no real mechanism to make him stop talking while he's associated with them as their Presidential candidate. I bet the Never-Trumpers are feeling really smug about now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Suddenly picturing Obama trying to pitch Clinton on Future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FH7IC-AK-s

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Chin Strap posted:

Y'all need to knock it off with the Now-cast on 538. Polls-plus is the only thing that matters.

Actually, it's http://election.princeton.edu/history-of-meta-analysis/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Radish posted:

If polling continues like this what the hell do the GOP leaders do? They can't just let Trump make their party look like a joke, but it sounds like they have no real mechanism to make him stop talking while he's associated with them as their Presidential candidate. I bet the Never-Trumpers are feeling really smug about now.

Basically, they completely write off the presidential election and start funneling funds to downticket races.

• Locked thread