Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

Right ok but

If a gun has any muzzle velocity beyond instant (hit scan) that's kind of a big deal. I mean none of the primaries currently do that. They are all hit scan. Is it a non hit scan primary? That's kinda crazy

No its not crazy. It's an exotic that does weird things.

Vex Mythoclast wasn't hit scan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

I sharded my OG khvostovs so I'm hosed, boys

Peep dose year one guns!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Maker Of Shoes posted:

No its not crazy. It's an exotic that does weird things.

Vex Mythoclast wasn't hit scan.

Ok I forgot about one :rolleyes:

There are no non hit scan ARs or pulses. It's kind of a big deal and will affect performance.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

^burtle posted:

Are Three of Coins carrying over?

I have 200 of them and about 100 exotic engrams. Lets wait and see...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yessss, I still have a khostov

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

There are no non hit scan ARs or pulses. It's kind of a big deal and will affect performance.

So? There's no full auto fusion rifles that shoot a single bolt while being a primary. It's a one off gimmick that's going to be collecting dust in your vault in no time flat.

I'm calling it now, it'll be a gimmicky piece of poo poo that will fall outside of the meta within a month of the masses having access to it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah I was assuming it was gunna be a bad gun before but not being hit scan makes it even worse. It just surprised me that nobody was mentioning it.

Unless it's just Bungie writing dumb bullshit in perk slots because they can't keep their poo poo straight.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I was assuming it was gunna be a bad gun before but not being hit scan makes it even worse. It just surprised me that nobody was mentioning it.

Unless it's just Bungie writing dumb bullshit in perk slots because they can't keep their poo poo straight.
Seems to me like it's still going to be hitscan and "increased muzzle velocity" actually just means "increased damage per shot since this turns it into a scout rifle".

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Remember when everyone freaked out over how good Jade Rabbit was going to be, then about how fun No Time To Explain was going to be?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But NTTE is fun. Use Juju in strikes/poe to kill trash then in the boss fight switch to NTTE and hold that trigger down for five minutes.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Jade Rabbit isnt terrible for strikes and poo poo, once you get the hang of how to keep the ammo full

but I mean I guess everything is okay for strikes and poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

Remember when everyone freaked out over how good Jade Rabbit was going to be, then about how fun No Time To Explain was going to be?

gently caress, I remember when people freaked out over Patience and Time. A sniper rifle that makes you invisible while scoping?! How are we supposed to fight something like that?!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And it turned out it's not even the cloaking that makes P&T fun, it's the third eye and weird rear end "pop" sound effect.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Game Informer article about the Khvostov. Weapon parts for the gun drop from various activities/sharding the OG gun, works towards some kind of sleeper-esque quest?

I started Destiny in Y2, so my memory of the Khvostov is "man that gun is a piece of poo poo and auto rifles are totally not my thing". How do people develop such deep feelings for that gun in particular?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ElNarez posted:

I started Destiny in Y2, so my memory of the Khvostov is "man that gun is a piece of poo poo and auto rifles are totally not my thing". How do people develop such deep feelings for that gun in particular?

No one cares about it. It only showed up in crucible when dudes got drunk and were all "haha watch me pull out this lovely gun that I've been storing in the fault since I created my character!"

Short on inspiration, Bungie decided to make it a thing.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I have to admit that I'm going to be unreasonably grumpy if not keeping my starter gun ends up being a bad thing!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

I have to admit that I'm going to be unreasonably grumpy if not keeping my starter gun ends up being a bad thing!

It sounds like it'll just save you a small amount of time since you can also get the quest item from a bunch of other places with lower reliability.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

It sounds like it'll just save you a small amount of time since you can also get the quest item from a bunch of other places with lower reliability.

Phew!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Where's my Calcutta exotic, Bungie? :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Meaning the actual OG khvostov will be even more rare and thus valuable making me destiny rich.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Meaning the actual OG khvostov will be even more rare and thus valuable making me destiny rich.

Yeah I can't see anyone actually trashing one after keeping it this long.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

xzzy posted:

couldn't you just start a new game, get the Khvostov and end up at the same place?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The best sniper sound effect is Hereafter's :colbert:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

ElNarez posted:

couldn't you just start a new game, get the Khvostov and end up at the same place?

Can't redo the very first mission, and can't delete any characters and start over

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Can't redo the very first mission, and can't delete any characters and start over

What happens if you delete a character and make a new one?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
You lose all the work you put into that character

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

What happens if you delete a character and make a new one?

You can delete a character and do the first mission if you really want it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Not worth it to get an exotic a couple days faster imho

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

You can delete a character and do the first mission if you really want it.

You are retarded if you do this just for the gun though

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Then you get one.

All they'll do is allow you to do the first mission again if you HAVE to dismantle one. Stop being spergs.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Not worth it to get an exotic a couple days faster imho

An exotic which is an auto rifle. Which means its going to be bad

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Then you get one.

All they'll do is allow you to do the first mission again if you HAVE to dismantle one. Stop being spergs.

I will laugh when people delete characters to get this bad gun.

I still kept mine though :smug:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
It's an exotic bullet hose with counterbalance and perfect balance or braced frame, it can't be that bad

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

CheeseFactory posted:

You are retarded if you do this just for the gun though

Im not sure what it says about me that I may do this to make a new Titan because I regret not making a boy Titan. I'm hoping there's a new spark of light in RoI that takes you directly to 40.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

It's an exotic bullet hose with counterbalance and perfect balance or braced frame, it can't be that bad

True. But DoP does the same thing without using an exotic slot.

Unless it has awesome range or aim assist ir something.

But yeah its not going to be trash

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Or a God roll soulstealers :getin:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got my first mark of the unbroken and second some of all tears in rumble yesterday.

Also missed out in two games because of a fusion nade in one and a controller failure within 1 kill of a we ran out of medals in the rift daily too.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Wait what, we need a khostov still to get the exotic one? Does it matter if I kill a character to get one again then now?

Seems weird I would have imagined most people would have dumped theirs.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Blackfyre posted:

Wait what, we need a khostov still to get the exotic one? Does it matter if I kill a character to get one again then now?

Yes. That's literally the only way to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Blackfyre posted:

It's going to work like the initial drops for Sleeper just that you can dismantle a Khostov to get one if the items to start the quest.

• Locked thread