Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

ReidRansom posted:

According to their email

Oh excellent! I'm in on that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

PhazonLink posted:

I seem to recall late night shows being positive about Clinton keeping her cool for an 11+ hour(which is almost 2x as long as Bill's BJ hearing BTW) witchhunt.
Sure, but a congressional hearing isn't the same thing as a debate, and the hearing actually was a waste of her time. Showing up to a debate and then acting like she doesn't want to be there is just going to make her look like an rear end in a top hat instead.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I will donate to the PPP/SA poll, let's do this thing.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/761603088826396673

Hillary no no no no don't keep quiet just let Trump talk.

Black protesters marched for civil rights and were attacked and mauled by police dogs.

Now we have to expand work programs so everyone can get their bite at the economic pie.

Martin Luther King Jr!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nessus posted:

Now is that 500 respondents or 500 attempts to contact people?

I have no idea. I know dick all about polling.

I don't even know how we release it once they do it. Just ask them to in whatever normal way they do?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Insinuating that Zybourne Clock was a failure implies that whatever FFVI clone we would have gotten would been better than the cultural enrichment we got instead.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Black protesters marched for civil rights and were attacked and mauled by police dogs.

Now we have to expand work programs so everyone can get their bite at the economic pie.

Martin Luther King Jr!

Students at Kent State showed us the downside of using force against protesters. Now we need to ensure everyone gets a shot at being heard!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Martin Luther King Jr!

Yes, Martin Luther King Jr never talked about the deleterious effects of economics inequality on black people, no sir.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DemeaninDemon posted:

Conclusion: there were some pretty drat awesome goon projects that succeeded. Also many, many failures.
Did the Fiestacat Plushies ever get mentioned? I just remembered the poor gently caress that had shelves full of the thing.

Alas, a decade too soon to take advantage of crowdfunding.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

This Banjo-Kazooie-rear end music is great and all but come on, just use the Curb theme.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DoctorWhat posted:

This Banjo-Kazooie-rear end music is great and all but come on, just use the Curb theme.

PLEASE

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
What's the margin of error on a 500 person poll

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I gotta imagine they're saving it for something big, like you do with the really good consumables in RPGs.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EwokEntourage posted:

What's the margin of error on a 500 person poll

For a population the size of Texas, 4.38%.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/761595622034141184?s=09

Stupid, but I laughed. There's a Todd akin joke in there somewhere as well

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

I gotta imagine they're saving it for something big, like you do with the really good consumables in RPGs.
So it will never be used.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

So it will never be used.

Exactly.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

You gotta save something for October, man.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

But what about the post-game boss?

How else can they defeat Satan and achieve the true ending?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Everyone's already forgotten about FairGame's racism in baseball announcing goon project which was successfully funded, released and written about on The Atlantic.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just realized that Hillary and the DNC haven't had to use ANY of their opp research against Trump yet. Everything they've used is just poo poo he's said recently and it's been enough to crush him.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just realized that Hillary and the DNC haven't had to use ANY of their opp research against Trump yet. Everything they've used is just poo poo he's said recently and it's been enough to crush him.

Still hoping the oppo research just turns out to be some sort of definitive proof that Trump's net worth is under 1 billion.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also they literally had all of their opp research dropped without their control. :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"You can't air my hypocrisy and dirty laundry if I air it first, checkmate idiot" is certainly a strategy.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Still hoping the oppo research just turns out to be some sort of definitive proof that Trump's net worth is under 1 billion.

Somebody posted earlier in the thread that the most effective way to troll Trump would be for Hillary and DNC talking heads to start referring to him as a millionaire instead of a billionaire every time they are in front of a camera. I'm still torn on whether or not that would be more offensive to him than referring to his tiny hands, though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zerilan posted:

If they have it, I imagine that's one of their "in case of emergency, reveal on national tv" options.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

smg77 posted:

Somebody posted earlier in the thread that the most effective way to troll Trump would be for Hillary and DNC talking heads to start referring to him as a millionaire instead of a billionaire every time they are in front of a camera. I'm still torn on whether or not that would be more offensive to him than referring to his tiny hands, though.

It'd be more. So much more.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

smg77 posted:

Oh it would work. Trump's entire life is based off of pretending to be very rich and influential(to others and himself), despite being directly contradicted by his faults(mainly that he's incredibly cheap* and a lovely businessman).

If someone had concrete proof that he wasn't actually the rich socialite he pretends to be he would loving explode.

EDIT: And I don't mean normal CEO "lay off everyone because we did badly once and are still making tons of money" cheap, I mean "cashed a check for 13 cents" cheap. His one business strategy is "Tell people you're going to pay them then don't", and he only gets away with it because, again, he pretends to be rich and successful.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 6, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trump Report: He's talking about that loving baby again. I believe he's mentioned it in like every speech for the last 2 days.

EDIT:

Super Ninja Fish posted:

"The media is dishonest for saying I threw the baby out. Yeah, I threw that baby out. It was noisy."

What the gently caress sense did that make?
:lol:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Beamed posted:

Also they literally had all of their opp research dropped without their control. :v:

The oppo research that got leaked was just summaries. I've never seen a leaked copy of a full sized presidential oppo file.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Everyone's already forgotten about FairGame's racism in baseball announcing goon project which was successfully funded, released and written about on The Atlantic.

I didn't forget, it was almost 5 years ago to the day that I donated :unsmith:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

rscott posted:

I didn't forget, it was almost 5 years ago to the day that I donated :unsmith:

What was this?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I think Trump's back on the leash though, he's being real boring and sad and clearly reciting from paper and taking huge pauses between statements like they're the most vile things in the world.

We'll see how long that lasts.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

VanSandman posted:

What was this?

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/08/how-mlb-announcers-favor-american-players-over-foreign-ones/261265/

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

VanSandman posted:

What was this?

It was a study wherein someone watched a bunch of individual baseball games to see if dogwhistle words like "hustle," "grit," "high-energy," "high-character" were used more often to describe white players. I was a funder as well.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

If you were the RNC right now what do you think would be a better move at this point:

1) Give Republican politicians/candidates the go-ahead to endorse or disavow Trump (whichever would play better with their supporters)
2) Officially disavow Trump and and focus all efforts on downticket races
3) Try to push Trump to drop out and replace him with a more palatable choice
4) Continue standing behind Trump and trying to salvage his campaign
5) Something else

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

bowser posted:

If you were the RNC right now what do you think would be a better move at this point:

1) Give Republican politicians/candidates the go-ahead to endorse or disavow Trump (whichever would play better with their supporters)
5) Something else

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bowser posted:

5) Something else

He's actively retaliated against 2, 3 can't happen because Trump will absolutely not admit defeat, 4 is failing, and 1 will split the base no matter what they do.

I'll choose option 5: hide under the table and cry.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Sanders making an argument for Hilary to his supporters. Going to be fun to see what the final breakdown of Bernie or Bust voters is in November compared to Hilary PUMAs in 2008.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-sanders-message-20160805-snap-story.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Trump is holding a rally in my city tonight. One of my co-workers is politically active locally and probably could have got me in VIP but I didn't have enough time to get a hillary shirt beforehand :v:

• Locked thread