Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

b1ad3 is flipside
Well, Ex6TenZ was Titan and they still have him the boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah but they've actually had success with b1ad3's leading

if flipside replaces anyone it should be shara tbh

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Yeah, and look at all the games Titan is winning lately :lol:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

symbolic posted:

Its a sidegrade at best, he'd be better off replacing Shara.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Goofball what's One Cool Thing to do in or around Dublin- I'm here for the next few days

For normal touristey things I've been told that I shouldn't miss giant's causeway and to either spend a few hours in Howth or Bray for some local fishing village flavour

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 4, 2016

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So I took like 2 months off. Turns out I have a bunch of wildfire/revolver/chroma2 cases. Should I just go ahead and sell them for the .03-.04 cents or hang on to them. Checking some historic data on other cases it appears that they all start going back up in price eventually.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
if you hold on to them for like 3 years you can probably make a slick 100% profit on those 3 cents

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Goofball what's One Cool Thing to do in or around Dublin- I'm here for the next few days

For normal touristey things I've been told that I shouldn't miss giant's causeway and to either spend a few hours in Howth or Bray for some local fishing village flavour

why don't you do a bit of e-tourism and explore the irish competitive mm scene

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

You could go check out the library from star wars in Trinity College I guess? I've never been a good tourist so I don't really know what to recommend.

Smithereens posted:

why don't you do a bit of e-tourism and explore the irish competitive mm scene

You just play other euros. Coming across the English is a good bit more common. And of course the Polish and Russians a lot.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
A lot of the sights are crammed into a pretty small area (Dublin Castle, Temple Bar area, Trinity College etc) so you can probably see most of the big things. People will probably get on your case if you don't go do Guinness/Whisky things too. Nice city to walk around overall, if you like Georgian architecture.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So this dude is trying to trade a knife for my knife. He insists on using someone from Stean Rep? The gently caress is this? Scam?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Soulex posted:

So this dude is trying to trade a knife for my knife. He insists on using someone from Stean Rep? The gently caress is this? Scam?

if it's just a 1 for 1 trade then why the gently caress does he need a middleman...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

if it's just a 1 for 1 trade then why the gently caress does he need a middleman...
Probably an impersonation scam. His friend changes his profile to look like he's a Steamrep middleman, he gets both knives during the trade, flips you off, and the two split the knives.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Soulex posted:

If it walks, talks, quacks like a scam...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

If it walks, talks, quacks like a scam...

Just double checking. He had a lot of sapphires and rubies (dude has the most expensive inventory I've ever seen) and the trade sounded about right with favor to me a bit but not crazy.

Sucks, really wanted that trade too.

Here he is. Lots and lots of stuff

http://steamcommunity.com/id/purotexnuk/inventory/

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I ignore anyone who asks to trade these days, most of them are scammers. Strange how I got so many more friend requests now that I have knife skins.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

symbolic posted:

Probably an impersonation scam. His friend changes his profile to look like he's a Steamrep middleman, he gets both knives during the trade, flips you off, and the two split the knives.

What is a steam rep middle man. These are things?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

nftyw posted:

Yeah I ignore anyone who asks to trade these days, most of them are scammers. Strange how I got so many more friend requests now that I have knife skins.

I just have the one I'm wanting to trade for a Falchion or Huntsman but that's it. It's not like I have a Karambit or anything.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Just send it 1:1 in a trade offer and if he declines, it's a scam. Simple as that. Trade offers were a god send in trading because it meant I could just send a ton of favorable offers out from links on the lounge and eventually one would go through without me having to deal with any fools.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

I just have the one I'm wanting to trade for a Falchion or Huntsman but that's it. It's not like I have a Karambit or anything.

Well even with the gambling site meltdown a knife skin is still worth a decent amount, and if there's no profit in it for the other guy at all then it could be reasonable to presume it's a scam.

E: oh yeah trade offer is a great tool because he can verify its the knife skin he wants, you can't change it midway or anything, and you can verify whatever he puts up in return.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 5, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks all.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Going to get tat done now. Would have done it earlier, but pneumonia and all.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

#NEVERFORGETSTEALHAMMER

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Soulex posted:

What is a steam rep middle man. These are things?

In days where single trades in TF2 exceeded the amount you could do in one sitting, middlemen were used. Steam Trading has no such limit anymore, but middlemen were used for large currency to item trades. It basically remains their only purpose. But the point stands, never use a middleman, it's usually way too risky.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Ozmiander posted:

Going to get tat done now. Would have done it earlier, but pneumonia and all.

lol

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Stuck at MGE. I think it is because I don't know how to use the ak and don't know smokes over walls and I use the mp7 way to much..

Wish one day I could get my DMG back but I hit a wall..

Thanks for listening.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

fyallm posted:

Stuck at MGE. I think it is because I don't know how to use the ak and don't know smokes over walls and I use the mp7 way to much..

Wish one day I could get my DMG back but I hit a wall..

Thanks for listening.

Aim is hard sometimes, especially against those who move unpredictably or crouch a lot. MP7 is good but I feel like if you don't have a good handle on recoil control in general yet, the UMP is excellent.

Learning advanced grenades is fun, but I personally just tend to directly engage people instead of forcing them to play a certain spot via tricky nades, like most good players. It depends on your temperament. I hope you reach the next plateau, friend!

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's official. I derank during the week, then rank back up on the weekends.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I always kind of had a theory that most people who have jobs and can't dedicate a lot of time to playing and practicing play primarily on weekends, so maybe matches are easier

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

You could say i love a dark horse.

ps pardon the glare, my lily white skin is usually protected by a thick layer of bramble and thatch.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ozmiander posted:

ps pardon the glare, my lily white skin is usually protected by a thick layer of bramble and thatch.

:stare:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
looks like it got done in a mall

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Thom and the Heads posted:

looks like it got done in a mall

I don't see the difference, besides the color???

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
the shading looks realllllll bad. i'm sorry to tell you but your bad tattoo is poorly done

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Yeah, its cool that you went through with it, but gently caress you could have at least went to a good artist and admitted you lost a bet.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Thom and the Heads posted:

the shading looks realllllll bad. i'm sorry to tell you but your bad tattoo is poorly done

Cool, i appreciate the feedback!

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fauxshiz posted:

Yeah, its cool that you went through with it, but gently caress you could have at least went to a good artist and admitted you lost a bet.

"hey, so, i lost a bet.." were actually my first words on the subject.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ozmiander posted:

loving

lol

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i would rather leave the somethingawful community forever than get an esports tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smithereens posted:

i would rather leave the somethingawful community forever than get an esports tattoo

that's a reward, not a punishment