Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Revoke Boosted of his IK privileges and have him retroactively toxxed for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Slate Action posted:

beep boop

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/761988164382756864

Fun fact: Trump has never led in an RCP-approved poll in New Hampshire.

if Ryan and Manifort want him to focus on Hillary, they're gonna GET a focus on Hillary

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's fun to watch boosted misinterpret polls, immediately untuck his tail from between his legs and start yipping excitedly.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Boosted, did you get drunk and call me at work today? Actually, Baloogan, was that you?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Wait does trump understand metaphors? Maybe someone described the concept to him with an example using "like a dog" and now he thinks thats the only way to use one.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

shiksa posted:

Wait does trump understand metaphors? Maybe someone described the concept to him with an example using "like a dog" and now he thinks thats the only way to use one.

The only figurative language Donald J. Trump can comprehend is hyperbole.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Revoke Boosted of his IK privileges and have him retroactively toxxed for Trump.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

PleasingFungus posted:

i'm pretty sure boosted is saying that the LV screen cuts hillary's lead down to 2.8%, not that it increases the lead by 2.8%. Which is sort of true...

Oh, I get that, I just mean the nature of LV would desirably be larger in the GOP favor from historicals. As it stands, it's a pretty bad thing to rally behind: what does it matter if Clinton's up 3% in a national LV screen when the state polls push her this high?

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Deteriorata posted:

The nominal liberal/conservative ideological split between the parties is comparatively new. GOP/Dem was more management/labor oriented back then.

19th century, the Republicans were the party of progressivism and civil rights. Democrats were laissez faire proto-libertarians. WWI started a trend of Republicans being more pro-business, Dems being more pro-labor, which FDR solidified.

Was it WW1? Pretty sure the Dems nominated William Jennings Bryan a few times before the war. He was a pretty pro-labor populist cat, yeah?

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

when does the NH rally start today?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Okonner posted:

Was it WW1? Pretty sure the Dems nominated William Jennings Bryan a few times before the war. He was a pretty pro-labor populist cat, yeah?

Bryan was an agrarian populist whose big foe was the banks. Remember, his signature policy issue was triggering inflation to help out indebted farmers by lowering the value of their debt.

In his 1900 campaign Bryan added "US out of Philippines" to his agenda, but it was still focused on debasing the dollar. In his 1908 campaign Bryan was just going through the motions.

The Bryan era was a brief, brief period when Dems were competitive in the Great Plains states like Kansas and Nebraska, which had been GOP strongholds before and became GOP strongholds once again (and remain so to this day).

Bryan's electoral strategy was even worse than the prior Democratic strategy of "nominate New York favorite sons and try to win on the strength of the South plus NY."

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Clearly these economic numbers are skewed.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/761996662780887040
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/761997363439407104

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Slate Action posted:

beep boop

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/761988164382756864

Fun fact: Trump has never led in an RCP-approved poll in New Hampshire.

Trump genuinely doesn't understand the concept of confusion as a state separate from a normal train of thought. Trump is always certain he's right even when his thoughts don't connect in any rational way. Even when he immediately contradicts himself he thinks he was right both times.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

This is great- where is it from? Who made it?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Clearly these economic numbers are skewed.

What's the GDP of a pyramid of skulls? Do the skulls count as employed?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Uh, but fox says that Trump will bring in trillions of jobs to America. Checkmate Liberals.

Boosted_C5 posted:

You boot-lickers love it when those in power get special treatment.

You're the biggest boot-licker in this subforum man, I hate to break it to you.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Okonner posted:

I've never really understood Bryan, TBH. He was "anti-imperialism" (which didn't seem to mean anything specific) and was most famous for his Cross of Gold speech in favor of a combined gold/silver standard for currency.

He gave lots of speeches and raised a lot of ruckus but didn't seem to have a consistent ideology. He adopted a lot of progressive stuff late in his life, anyway.

The Progressive Era was all Roosevelt and the Republicans at any rate. They had the power to make it happen and did.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Boosted_C5 posted:

Why when I could use my IK status to create a Toxx thread for Trump and make myself its guardian of sorts, immune from the consequences of posting in it?

I thought you Democrats liked that sort of thing? Your leaders exempting themselves from onerous gun laws, your royal queen Clinton placing herself above the law and above little things like transparency and FOIA and federal regulations governing the handling of classified info., etc., etc. etc.

you are a coward, either toxx or wear the hat

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So-called "supporter" says Trump will win but refuses to toxx. Sad!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Boosted_C5 posted:

Why when I could use my IK status to create a Toxx thread for Trump and make myself its guardian of sorts, immune from the consequences of posting in it?

I thought you Democrats liked that sort of thing? Your leaders exempting themselves from onerous gun laws, your royal queen Clinton placing herself above the law and above little things like transparency and FOIA and federal regulations governing the handling of classified info., etc., etc. etc.

wear the hat, bitch

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Was there a Romney Toxx thread? I can't remember that many people here actually Toxxing for ol' Mittens.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Magalomaniac!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

lol just lol if Trump wins and we Brexit right out of this dimension

the TRUMP *click* meme but instead of with a click it's the drum hit at the start of Where's My Mind?

are these very serious real numbers or are they the +300,000 (MILLIONS OF JOBS) kind?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Baloogan posted:

Magalomaniac!

this is pretty good, why didn't anyone think of this sooner

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Deteriorata posted:

I've never really understood Bryan, TBH. He was "anti-imperialism" (which didn't seem to mean anything specific) and was most famous for his Cross of Gold speech in favor of a combined gold/silver standard for currency.

He gave lots of speeches and raised a lot of ruckus but didn't seem to have a consistent ideology. He adopted a lot of progressive stuff late in his life, anyway.

The Progressive Era was all Roosevelt and the Republicans at any rate. They had the power to make it happen and did.

Bryan's ideology had "gently caress the bankers in specific and the Northeastern financial elites in general" as its guiding star, and it led him to strange places. Some make him seem good in retrospect (opposing the annexation of the Philippines, resigning as Secretary of State over protest of US involvement in WWI), some make him look like a rube (Supporting Prohibition and especially creationism: Bryan thought that removing "we're all descendants of Adam" and encouraging "the strong survive, the weak die" as an ideology would lead to the abuse of the poor), and some are just stupid (supporting inflation as debt relief is hilariously irresponsible).

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A few pages back but I have to comment that, this is one of the most insulting, ignorant tweets I've seen from him. Forget Obama, it's insulting and disrespectful to the athletes.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Gianthogweed posted:

Was there a Romney Toxx thread? I can't remember that many people here actually Toxxing for ol' Mittens.
There was and you probably don't remember them because they all got banned

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Gianthogweed posted:

There was and you don't remember those people because most of them are gone now

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Weeping Wound posted:

this is pretty good, why didn't anyone think of this sooner

i just had a JD and a iq of 250 let me find the scanned copy of my LSAT Score and my IQ test from 10 years ago to prove it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh and i live on a country club

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
gary gary gary gary JOHNSON

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/761999801621868545

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I wonder if the mass suicides in 2008 and 2012 were a factor in SA becoming more left-wing.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

i just had a JD and a iq of 250 let me find the scanned copy of my LSAT Score and my IQ test from 10 years ago to prove it

do you own a condo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Baloogan posted:

don't worry, I took a screenshot of that post for future reference

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Moody's is large foreign international corporation! Very corrupt!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
OH poo poo im also a soybean futures tycoon let me screen shot the banker software to show you my soybean futures

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
If people are so adamant that Boosted toxx, and so sure Trump is gonna lose, how about actually putting something on the line for everyone else? In the spirit of the election, Boosted should be promoted to admin if Trump wins, if he toxxes for Trump.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Party politics post-1877 until about the end of WW1 were weird because the divide on many major issues was minimal at best. Plus, there were so many regional differences within the two camps that belonging to a party usually just meant getting access to the machine rather than supporting some comprehensive platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

OH poo poo im also a soybean futures tycoon let me screen shot the banker software to show you my soybean futures

im living on my inheritance and posting in e/n about pissing it away but don't worry I made a bunch of good trades in a row!! for a whole MONTH so I have this poo poo figured out now

• Locked thread