Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
NMS on PC delayed until next Friday :negative:

Sean Murray you are fuckin' kidding me here! What a poo poo launch. I feel kinda bad for them but, get your poo poo together guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

That does not look like a good video game at all

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why is he pointing off in the distance and not the ground where he is going to throw him?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CJacobs posted:

That does not look like a good video game at all

Wha...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How is it that beefy men are immune to jiggle physics?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She doesn't jiggle either

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sure she does. I checked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you wanna see jiggle look at Mai.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't wait for clive barker to come back to video gaming to make a sequel to undying some day

:(

Remember how the end of Undying had a big thing about how the stuff going on at the mansion wasn't the only place where this poo poo was happening? And then nothing came of it.

Also, speaking of jiggle tech, I was playing Samurai Warriors 4: Empires earlier and noticed something kind of terrible. If you do a multi-Musou attack with a male officer it cuts to a close up of their face before the attack, if you do it with a female officer it cuts to a close up of their chest.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't wait for clive barker to come back to video gaming to make a sequel to undying some day
Bioshock is an atmospheric FPS with a magic system and mediocre 90s combat, I think that's what you're looking for.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

i'm sure it'll happen right after he makes the sequel to jericho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

After Jericho I hope he never touches a videogame again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BREAK THE WALLS DOWN

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really wish I was at my home PC and able to play some more Overwatch. That is my current gaming wants. At least I have my PSVita on me!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I had the worst Overwatch run last night. After losing a few close matches, I had a match where we had a bad defensive round and someone on my team ragequit which in competitive pretty much screws over your team and then after a close win on the first round next match I had another player drop out )this time more likely due to connection issues) and then we got steamrolled.

Hopefully I can turn my bad streak around. I've been playing some quickplays just to unwind and try out some new characters (Winston seems cool and I for the life of me can't figure out Zarya)

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
is the Batman TT game worth picking up? GoT and WD S2 sucked but I've heard Borderlands was good and this has the same writer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Remember how the end of Undying had a big thing about how the stuff going on at the mansion wasn't the only place where this poo poo was happening? And then nothing came of it.

That's what I'd want a sequel for. They set it up as a "the events involving Undying involved just a subdeity of a pantheon of horrifying elder beings" or whatever, and that traces of their existence were left in other parts of the world that may have already been messed with like the circle of stones or whatever in undying had.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bioshock is an atmospheric FPS with a magic system and mediocre 90s combat, I think that's what you're looking for.

I'm not sure if you're just trying to be funny or not since undying and bioshock barely resemble each other. Like, bioshock having some magic stuff and undying having some magic stuff aren't really similar at all and the combat in undying was pretty good since you were given a variety of neat weapons and spells to work with (until the final area of the game where you had to deal with some awful sniping enemies)

corn in the bible posted:

i'm sure it'll happen right after he makes the sequel to jericho

Sakurazuka posted:

After Jericho I hope he never touches a videogame again

I thought Jericho suffered from being rushed tho, and I'd heard that the gameplay itself wasn't awful, just bland and boring and the level design was really it was really poo poo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BillBear posted:

is the Batman TT game worth picking up? GoT and WD S2 sucked but I've heard Borderlands was good and this has the same writer.

If you haven't played Borderlands yet play that. Batman is shaping up pretty good tho.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Batman TT will be like $10 before the end of the year (if not way earlier) so just wait. Unless you're really enthusiastic about it there's no reason to buy a TT game on release because the season passes for those get cheap really quickly.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmafo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Undying was a cool game, it felt very pulpy and horrory

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

It looks like Rimworld is the new hotness on Steam and YouTube, anyone try it yet?
new? :confused:

well if you like Dwarf Fortress style games you'll probably like Rimworld, it's well done but has kludges, like everything in that niche

Jay Rust posted:

How is it that beefy men are immune to jiggle physics?
it looks like it's tied to the animation, but how can you even tell from a brief trailer

still that would be a way to ensure everything looks how they want it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

Undying was a cool game, it felt very pulpy and horrory

It had a really cool atmosphere and a lot of neat ideas but I never actually beat it; too repetetive or something. I still remember the :black101: death animations that could befall you though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

axleblaze posted:

I had the worst Overwatch run last night. After losing a few close matches, I had a match where we had a bad defensive round and someone on my team ragequit which in competitive pretty much screws over your team and then after a close win on the first round next match I had another player drop out )this time more likely due to connection issues) and then we got steamrolled.

Hopefully I can turn my bad streak around. I've been playing some quickplays just to unwind and try out some new characters (Winston seems cool and I for the life of me can't figure out Zarya)

Zarya is all about abusing her fast recharging barriers to duck in and out of combat while maintaining high energy on her beam. She's best against spammy heroes like D.VA and Junkrat as they'll inadvertently help you charge up a lot. Use her shields reactively when you or an ally get focused and turn on allied health bars under the character specific options so that you can see who needs shielding. Her beam goes through a lot of things like Reinhardt and D.VA's shields.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

exquisite tea posted:

Her beam goes through a lot of things like Reinhardt and D.VA's shields.

i haven't played in a week or so but it goes through reinhardt's shield now? that seems pretty OP.

her shot does go through genji's deflects though so she is kinda "strong" vs him in that he can't do a deflect as a last resort / counter against her.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Absolutely no similarity to Bioshock.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

It isn't completely dissimilar but it's hardly the same kind of thing. Like, yeah, both games let you use a gun and also magic at the same time but they're entirely different aesthetics and atmospheres and playstyles

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, Undying is a good game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mordja posted:

Yeah, Undying is a good game.
Better than Bioshock, definitely. I remember it being buggy though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bioshock actually is real good, I'm sorry you've failed to recognize this. :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, it's great if you like spongy shooting, repetetive environments, and moral dilemmas like "should I grind this little girl into a nutrient paste or not?"

Mordja fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 6, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mordja posted:

Yeah, it's great if you like spongy shooting, repetetive environments, and moral dilemmas like "should I grind this little girl into a nutrient paste or not?"

at least better than the moral non-quandary of "is fighting against slavery also bad? YES"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mordja posted:

and libertarianism

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mordja posted:

It wasn't even a quandary, since you got way more from sparing them.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I got a 1060 and man, I'm pretty happy with all these Ultras and Fulls I'm seeing. The better framerate is also improving my times in Dirt Rally

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Metroid 2 remake is v good everyone please play it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Mak0rz posted:

The Metroid 2 remake is v good everyone please play it

:hellyeah:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grapplejack posted:

It wasn't even a quandary, since you got way more from sparing them.

There's that too. If I'm being honest though, the Big Daddy fights were actually quite a lot of fun, so it's a shame there were only two, three variations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The gun is on the right and the magic is on the left! Totally different!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It's not the worst game I've played, but cool art design (which it definitely has) doesn't make up for weak combat, forgettable levels, and pretty eh writing.

• Locked thread