Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The General posted:

TAS is Trek condensed down to twenty some odd minutes and works because of it. Also we learn that Satan is a pretty cool guy.
I did appreciate the strong implication there that the vast majority of Earth mythology and experience of supernatural beings was in fact due to some assholes who eventually wandered off several hundred years before the modern day, which would simultaneously justify hew-mons having special seasoning compared to some aliens, and completely obliterates most major religious movements.

Then again that seems to be true of other religious groups, doesn't it. The Vulcans have their logic disciplines but those are closer to Buddhism than anything; the Klingons claim to have killed their gods; the Bajorans were in fact connected to strange acausal wormhole entities. And they had that poo poo on network TV!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

WickedHate posted:

There's stuff sold in Japan you'll love.

Apparently the used panty vending machines are gone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Apparently the used panty vending machines are gone.

Duh, we have the internet now.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

wait, the 'Trip is Pregnant' episode of "Enterprise" is the FOURTH episode, AND it has a holodeck? Good God.

I do like "Enterprise" but this is loving ridiculous.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I usually hate the "evil twin episode" a lot of Western shows like to have. It's rarely done well and it's so tiring when they do it. However, I didn't actually hate this episode. I liked learning about Data's background. It was cool knowing that his creation was inspired by Asiimov. I also have a feeling that we'll see Lore again. I hope he sports a moustache.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

egon_beeblebrox posted:

wait, the 'Trip is Pregnant' episode of "Enterprise" is the FOURTH episode, AND it has a holodeck? Good God.

I do like "Enterprise" but this is loving ridiculous.

Aw, that's cute, pretending like the first 2 seasons of Enterprise consisted of original material and not old VOY and TNG scripts with the names scratched out and replaced.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I think the more problematic part of that episode is that one of the crew got raped and everyone treats it like a joke.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's funny when men are raped, duh.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It's funny when men are raped, duh.

I know, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxQ1GlTPvtg

Hi-larious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nazareth posted:

I usually hate the "evil twin episode" a lot of Western shows like to have. It's rarely done well and it's so tiring when they do it. However, I didn't actually hate this episode. I liked learning about Data's background. It was cool knowing that his creation was inspired by Asiimov. I also have a feeling that we'll see Lore again. I hope he sports a moustache.

I have good news for you.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Fister Roboto posted:

I have good news for you.

Is that actually Lore?

I laughed my rear end off anyways.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Nazareth posted:

Getting Brent Spiner to do different voices is pretty much the driving force behind TNG.

Ya varmint.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Aw, that's cute, pretending like the first 2 seasons of Enterprise consisted of original material and not old VOY and TNG scripts with the names scratched out and replaced.

and VOY scripts were rejected TNG scripts, so it's double-rejected

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So if TNG scripts were rejected Phase II scripts and ENT scripts were rejected TNG and VOY scripts, then STD will be...rejected ENT scripts? :aaaaa:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My bad star trek opinion is neelix rocks

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Astroman posted:

So if TNG scripts were rejected Phase II scripts and ENT scripts were rejected TNG and VOY scripts, then STD will be...rejected ENT scripts? :aaaaa:

No, rejected Final Frontier scripts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

Weren't all the Phase II scripts rejected?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I too have a terrible Star Trek opinion.

I don't think A Night in Sickbay is that bad an episode.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I don't know if this is a terrible Star Trek opinion, but I view every holodeck episode as filler and I skip it entirely.
Though I'm not skipping the one with Data in the stache.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

I too have a terrible Star Trek opinion.

I don't think A Night in Sickbay is that bad an episode.

This is a good opinion. It is good because there's a prosthetic Porthos. More Porthos, better.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Nazareth posted:

I don't know if this is a terrible Star Trek opinion, but I view every holodeck episode as filler and I skip it entirely.
Though I'm not skipping the one with Data in the stache.

The Moriarty ones were p good

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

The Moriarty ones were p good

The Barcley ones are good too, though arguably they aren't really "holodeck episodes" since the main plot occurs outside the holodeck.

E: VVV I thought Pulaski was the one who bitched about Data not "playing Holodeck right."

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 7, 2016

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The first Moriarty episode is great because it has Pulaski owning and Geordi throwing an autism fit over Data not playing holodeck right

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Nazareth posted:

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 7, 2016

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Jesus Christ he looks like what Osama Bin Laden could've been if he aspired to be an elementary school vice principal. :stare:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

It is a beard Geordi. A fine, full, dignified beard.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Nessus posted:

That's a bit of a fun idea isn't it, the worst Star Trek opinions. Unfortunately mine is that TAS is astonishing and beautiful, and I'm pretty sure that's more "objectively correct"

Final Frontier is better than Voyage Home.

Generations is better than First Contact, but neither of them is as good as any TOS movie.

The giant space amoeba is good.

There is only one actually bad episode of TOS.

Into Darkness, while not as good as 2K9 and Beyond, is still good, and the Enterprise looks great in these movies.

How'm I doing so far?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

There is only one actually bad episode of TOS.

Guessing game time! Turnabout intruder?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Catspaw?

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
Certainly can't be the episode where Kirk and Spock had to dress up as Nazis.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Haha, Turnabout Intruder is great for Shatner's performance alone.

No, it's And the Children Shall Lead.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Haha, Turnabout Intruder is great for Shatner's performance alone.

No, it's And the Children Shall Lead.

So you're claiming that Catspaw is not bad.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

You heard me. :colbert:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
How is The Lights of Zetar not bad?!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
And none of those had the underlying message of "get off my lawn ship, space hippies!"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Oh, my bad Trek opinion is that TNG seasons 1 and 2 are better than seasons 6 and 7.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Sounds like I'm winning the bad Star Trek opinions crown. Any comers? :toughguy:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sounds like I'm winning the bad Star Trek opinions crown. Any comers? :toughguy:

Enterprise has the best ship design.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

WickedHate posted:

Enterprise has the best ship design.

*slashes your face with a letter opener*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Oh, my bad Trek opinion is that TNG seasons 1 and 2 are better than seasons 6 and 7.

TNG S6 and S7, and DS9, and Undiscovered Country while I'm at it, are when Trek turned the corner and became more about hanging around in the Alpha Quadrant than exploring, and hence began to decline.