Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Can I grab wiki authorisation for "Skintypoo"

Also anyone have any idea why every time I level up after 50 I'm getting a full respec on my skills? Is this working as intended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Can I grab wiki authorisation for "Skintypoo"

Also anyone have any idea why every time I level up after 50 I'm getting a full respec on my skills? Is this working as intended?

I think I got that on my Recruit too. Presumably a bug, very annoying as you start to unlock rep traits as well.

You're in.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
The stimpire has come to STO. Soon, we will al be eating civil meat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You mean traits getting reslotted? Happens whenever you change ships, even into mission required ships

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

On my fedrom I logged in once to the message that all my skills had to be reallocated. No idea what the deal was. I think that might be what they're talking about?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Trebuchet King posted:

On my fedrom I logged in once to the message that all my skills had to be reallocated. No idea what the deal was. I think that might be what they're talking about?

Yeah I'm getting that message every time I level up, it's effectively acting as if I bought a respec and I have to reallocate everything from traits to my skill tree every time I ping a new level which is annoying at the best of times, but even more so in the middle of combat. The first time I didn't mind so much as I had hosed up my skills when leveling, but now its getting mildly annoying.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1220204/abilities-used-to-harass-other-players

"insane pubbie posted:

I'm sure by know, most if not all know what I'm talking about by this. Especially if you spent any time on DS9 or Drozana Station. I am also sure Crytpic has just been ignoring the multitude of reports against this, while trying to come up with a solution that doesn't include banning players. So I have come up with the solution. No one need get banned and the problem gets solved.

And the solution is very simple.

Just make any PvE non-combat zone, like Risa, and disable all Captain and Trait abilities. The problem gets solved, no one gets banned, and everyone but those using those ability for this are happy. The abilities can be used inside the missions for those planets and starbases that have them. Like Qo'nos, DS9, ESD, and Drozana. Just in the non-mission version the abilities are locked out, just like Risa.

And there you have it.
A
Simple
Easy
Solution

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

quote:

Its not all about Dental, Either. If you guys just left us alone, this thread would not exist. Yet you insist on bullying and harassing other players with those powers/abilities just because of what they like to do. Roleplayers are not that bad, If you don't like roleplayers, Just leave us alone and go to another instance. We can't control what other players do.. but neither do you. We like to Roleplay, Is that so bad? Is it so hard to ask to be able to play the game the way WE want to play it? Why cant you guys just leave us alone? We just want to Roleplay without having our computers lag out because of your ignorance.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
[Local] James@renwood_sto: (If you choose to PR in tells because of the trools, they win. Just sayin')

[Local] James@renwood_sto: (And yes, I misspelled that on purpose. They're part troll, part tool.)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
drat denault trools.

If we keep this up they'll communicate entirely in ERP-pigin Engrish.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

[Local] James@renwood_sto: (If you choose to PR in tells because of the trools, they win. Just sayin')

[Local] James@renwood_sto: (And yes, I misspelled that on purpose. They're part troll, part tool.)

True story: @renwood_sto has been caught in Dental ERP honeypot traps multiple times and doesn't understand why it keeps happening to him.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DancingShade posted:

drat denault troolsDewalt Tools.

If we keep this up they'll communicate entirely in ERP-pigin Engrish.

FTFY

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So I'm being an idiot and grinding the TOS missions to stock up on 8x Twin Phaser Beam Array IXs and IX sets of Type 1/2/3 phasers. :shepicide:

On that note, could somebody send a fleet invite or whatever to Hardslab@roadcrew?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

:golfclap:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Roadie posted:

So I'm being an idiot and grinding the TOS missions to stock up on 8x Twin Phaser Beam Array IXs and IX sets of Type 1/2/3 phasers. :shepicide:

On that note, could somebody send a fleet invite or whatever to Hardslab@roadcrew?

You are an idiot. The former you can get infinite scaling versions of with the cstore T1 connie by claiming, stripping, dismissing and reclaiming over and over.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Those aren't twins, are they?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They are if you claim them on a TOS character. :toot:

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

DonDoodles posted:

True story: @renwood_sto has been caught in Dental ERP honeypot traps multiple times and doesn't understand why it keeps happening to him.

you'd think that he'd notice by now that every bikini-clad maiden who traps him has a nbreeki head and a thick beard.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Maybe that's his fetish don't judge

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Asimo posted:

They are if you claim them on a TOS character. :toot:

:monocle:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How much of a slog is it for a new player to get to a decent spot to do the fun griefing in this game these days?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 7, 2016

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Unfunny Poster posted:

How much of a slog is it for a new player to get to a decent spot to do the fun griefing in this game these days?

Griefing in this game has nothing to do with actually playing the game. You can cause people to have violent fits just by standing next to them in social zones.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok sounds sort of fun and easy.

Ingame is Tallardar & @tallardarh

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I guess I should get wiki access at some point so I can at least pretend like I know what I'm doing. Registered as vatek.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Vatek posted:

I guess I should get wiki access at some point so I can at least pretend like I know what I'm doing. Registered as vatek.

authed

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Best part of the convention so far was Lore singing Enter Sandman.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
sp00kymulder in the thread whining about disco balls is thegrandnagus1 on a rereg account, since he's banned.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/profile/thegrandnagus1

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

hakimashou posted:

sp00kymulder in the thread whining about disco balls is thegrandnagus1 on a rereg account, since he's banned.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/profile/thegrandnagus1

The 91st day of thegrandnagus's ban was this past Friday.

Hallelujah. It's forever.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Preechr posted:

Best part of the convention so far was Lore singing Enter Sandman.

Not got any devs wearing an SFD hat again yet then?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Straight out of my boring work day, it's an exhaustive guide to Starship Traits!

https://wiki.wesleyguide.com/starship_traits_-_all_hands_on_dick

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

forum pubbie posted:

Keep in mind one very important difference between people who like to wear blue shirts and people who like to use smokescreen and other abilities to annoy other players: the former simply like to wear blue shirts, while the latter are specifically trying to annoy people. And you're not even just doing the equivalent of walking around and swinging your arms for the mere pleasure of swinging your arms; you're deliberately punching someone in the face. Some people do this in groups, which takes it from random rudeness to coordinated assault. I'm surprised they don't ask their potential victims for "protection money."
How does he think we're funding the giveaways? :homebrew:

EDIT: Also, a smoke grenade in game is the same as punching someone in the face on the street. Because of course it is.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SKY COQ posted:

Straight out of my boring work day, it's an exhaustive guide to Starship Traits!

https://wiki.wesleyguide.com/starship_traits_-_all_hands_on_dick

Psst Rapid Support isn't a starship trait

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Psst Rapid Support isn't a starship trait

gently caress, you're absolutely right. Replaced with the correct trait from the event.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are reputation item sets usually better than quest sets? I don't see why I should spend a bazillion time and dil rather than do a quest 3 times.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Baron Porkface posted:

Are reputation item sets usually better than quest sets? I don't see why I should spend a bazillion time and dil rather than do a quest 3 times.

Yes, particularly the Iconian Engines, Deflector, Core and shield. I quite like withering disrupters from the Terran rep too but they are pricey as gently caress to level.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Baron Porkface posted:

Not necessarily but the Iconian 4-piece is the best in the game last I checked.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So it looks like you can get level-scaled twin phasers from replaying Everything Old Is New and you can get Type 2 (Wide) and Type 3 phasers from replaying the last AoY mission, so if you want Maximum TOS on an AoY character, the only thing you need to grind for while you're doing the TOS missions is stacks of enough 23c skill manuals to fill out your endgame boffs.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Thomas had quite the meltdown tonight:

quote:

[8/8 11:31] Thomas@TR71777: look there were things i didn't like doing but I had to do it cause its either you or him out there and you have no choice in the matter you hesitate just for a split second your dead
[8/8 11:33] Thomas@TR71777: hell where i live its crazy hell i live in the ghetto part of where i live and trust me not too many people want to face me
[8/8 11:36] Thomas@TR71777: Mixu i can hit you from 3 miles away with my M82 and you wouldn't know what hit you hell you hear that sound of a M82 your already dead
[8/8 11:37] Thomas@TR71777: Eve i have done more than that in hand to hand combat try taking out a 15 yr old that was trying to take you out with 3 of his buddies

[8/8 11:38] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: hey thomas, tell me how you can snipe someone at 3 miles when the longest sniper shot was 1.53 miles
[8/8 11:39] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: this is some record
[8/8 11:40] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: thomas seems to be full of himself
[8/8 11:40] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: any comments, Thomas, about this miraculous record?

[8/8 11:40] Thomas@TR71777: im not full of myself i could hit someone 3 miles away it is posible but hard as hell

[8/8 11:41] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: bullshit, it's impossible
[8/8 11:41] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: it's double the current record

[8/8 11:41] Thomas@TR71777: first and formost i did 14 yrs in the Army
[8/8 11:42] Thomas@TR71777: wow why would i make up anything seems to me your a keyborad warrior

[8/8 11:42] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: you're full of poo poo, that's why
[8/8 11:42] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills
[8/8 11:42] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: facts
[8/8 11:42] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: face them

[8/8 11:43] Thomas@TR71777: I was stationed at Ft Lweis WA then Ft Drum NY the last two were Ft Hood and Ft Bliss TX did my basic at Ft Benning GA i was a 11B i was a E7 S.F.C. when I was medically discharged
[8/8 11:46] Thomas@TR71777: wow I like the fact that you think i would lie about my service record hmm funny try saying that poo poo to my face ill be gladly to give you my home address so we can handle this like men shall we?

[8/8 11:46] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: will do
[8/8 11:46] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: since you're a fake

[8/8 11:48] Thomas@TR71777: wow im a fake ok bitch boy try harder
[8/8 11:49] Thomas@TR71777: I have my VA card not only that I have my DD-214 and im fake please tell me more bitch boy

[8/8 11:49] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: double the world record, ladies and gents, double
[8/8 11:49] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: thomas can kill you from double the world record

[8/8 11:50] Thomas@TR71777: once again wrong I was in the Army for 14 yrs and my record is clean as ever i have a honorable discharge from the Army due to medical reasons
[8/8 11:52] Thomas@TR71777: i graduated from basic in 1996 i joined up right after i graduated from high school wow lets just be keyboard warriors ok

[8/8 11:52] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: uh huh

[8/8 11:52] Thomas@TR71777: here ill give you my address we can loads of fun
[8/8 11:54] Thomas@TR71777: hey fuckboy rear end in a top hat i tried to commit suicide over 200 plus times ok so if you really want to go there fuckboy we can i play this game to control my PTSD but guys like you want to gently caress with me so be
[8/8 11:54] Thomas@TR71777: it bitch boy
[8/8 11:56] Thomas@TR71777: loving BITCH BOY THINKS IM LYING WHEN IM NOT I HAVE PTSD ISSUES YOU REALLY WANT TO GO THERE BITCH BOY CAUSE I CAN

[8/8 11:56] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: i do, thomas
[8/8 11:56] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: please go on
[8/8 11:56] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: you want attention, you have it

[8/9 12:00] Thomas@TR71777: why would i make up my terms of service huh bitch boy I did 14 yrs in the army was deployed and then some I did basic and graduated from Ft Benning GA first duty Station Ft Lewis WA secod Ft Drum then
[8/9 12:00] Thomas@TR71777: last two Ft Hood and Ft Bliss TX
[8/9 12:00] Thomas@TR71777: I was a E7 S.F.C.

[8/9 12:00] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: you're trying to be every negative stereotype about vets and psychs
[8/9 12:00] Spacedonz@Starwars_was_better: and you're a piece of poo poo for painting them in such a bad light

[8/9 12:02] Thomas@TR71777: this mother fucker jsy pissed me off to the point im about to say gently caress it and just kill myself punk bitch im gone gently caress this

Mr E7 Army sniper with a 500+ kill count including kids can snipe you from double the world record and has tried to commit suicide over 200 times but has 6 different sniper rifles. The rabbit hole, ladies and gentlemen, I have found how deep it goes.

Nita fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 9, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

God drat it, now I have to re-do the Foundry mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Bijor is now back online in the foundry for fed goons. Cryptic still hasn't made it a featured mission though :smith:

• Locked thread