Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Tempest_56 posted:

Unrelated! I've been experimenting to find a good use for the Biker perk deck and can't seem to figure out the sweet spot. Anybody had any success with it?

It's not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

It's actually pretty great if you want to use the ICTV but not as good as the Optimal Decks™

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Yeah, it's an upgrade to muscle if you run ICTV with an aggressive enough group and for some reason aren't running frenzy anarchist.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

watho posted:

It's actually pretty great if you want to use the ICTV but not as good as the Optimal Decks™

I mean, it obligates you to wear ICTV, so it's worthless to me. Bu I bet it's pretty loving good if you run it with Frenzy. I mean, everything is, but the permanent health reduction means you ought to get at least 12 health and armor per kill, up to 10 times every 18s. 120 armor every 18s, before factoring in stuff like Bullseye.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I mean, it obligates you to wear ICTV, so it's worthless to me. Bu I bet it's pretty loving good if you run it with Frenzy. I mean, everything is, but the permanent health reduction means you ought to get at least 12 health and armor per kill, up to 10 times every 18s. 120 armor every 18s, before factoring in stuff like Bullseye.

When you have 400 armor, 120 armor every 18 seconds is terrible. Biker doesn't even compare favorably with Armorer, let alone Anarchist.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
If you repeatedly mow down squads with a LMG then the cooldown for health and armour is less of a bottleneck but more about about how fast cops can be shot. I think it works best if you have suppressed weapons so it's possible for your teammates to take heat off you if you take health damage.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
played this game a bit recently after a long-ish haiatus. went with some crook/light ballistic vest/ dodge based build I saw on reddit; jeezus christ they sure buffed damage values on things, didn't they? a LEO pistol doing 100+ damage with a 32 sized magazine just feels wrong. While the build sure is fun and synergies with my typical suicidal FPS playstyle, this game also just feels a whole lot easier than before. I remember having to worry about health and ammo management, which doesnt seem to be as much a thing on overkill.

also pubs are precious creatures. first game I play with them has a guy convinced I'm going to die on very hard because I don't have armor despite another pub repeatedly pointing out "no he's going dodge"; the first pub got huffy and wanted to run in a suit for the next day until the other two talked him off that particular ledge.

second game just had some infamy level 8+ guy ask me if it was my first account (im only infamy 2), which i can only guess was because i killed the most people while sprinting sideways with a dinky pistol like a stupid loon and i was mistaken for being competent or something

game is still fun; i missed out on all the angry drama about it being ruined forever i guess

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

game is still fun; i missed out on all the angry drama about it being ruined forever i guess

Don't worry- I'm committed to getting it ruined again.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hmmm i read your ideas and they seem... inoffensive? sane? somewhat agreeable? and yet people are... very angry at you... yes... yessss... this is the discendo vox i know.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Welp, after learning about the existence of This is the Police, I think we deserve a level of just straight up murdering everyone from that game because holy gently caress.

Psion posted:

Do people not do biker heist for some reason? :confused:

nice work, congratulations. Welcome to the "now I have to pay day-one full price for all DLC to keep my perfect achievement score" club. :v:

Back when it was new no one wanted to do both that or DW Biker.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
To be fair, that might be partly because Day 1 is basically Hoxton Breakout Day 2, but outdoors. Also it's easier to escape without the bikes than on them. Day 2 is pretty good, though.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Alright, after about 5 hours of reverse engineering Overkill's lovely loving horrible cop spawning code oh my god gently caress this poo poo man why is it all over the place WHY IS EACH COP GROUP HARDCODED PER MAP PER SPAWN THEY ALL USE THE SAME ONES WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF CLOAKER SPAWNS WHICH SUPPORT ALL COPS ANYWAYS BY DESIGN AAAAAAA gently caress

we can now have custom spawngroups
http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=17114
is required for this

for the people who dont stare at overkill's lovely code all day, this means we can have custom cop mods that dont interfere with other custom cop mods at all

my template at
http://lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=17102
has been updated to support this

go make something really lovely like a lowtax cop or some poo poo and let me know when you do

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Iamgoofball posted:

go make something really lovely like a lowtax cop or some poo poo and let me know when you do

You lose :20bux: from your offshore everytime he hits you? :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

also pubs are precious creatures.
My buddy and I had a guy join our Hotline Miami day 1 earlier. Dude was infamy level 2 and didn't know which jar hydrogen chloride goes into, nor how to find the correct bardcode for the scanner. :downs: (I assume he wouldn't have known the other ingredients' places either, but he only picked up the HCl and I had to show him where to put it)

Nordick fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 7, 2016

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kikas posted:

You lose :20bux: from your offshore everytime he hits you? :v:

I wonder how much the average player would lose if they had to drop a dollar or ten or something from offshore for every bullet they got hit with in a heist.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

I wonder how much the average player would lose if they had to drop a dollar or ten or something from offshore for every bullet they got hit with in a heist.

I've got so much offshore if they put out a gun that used a dollar per bullet from your offshore I'd use it and not give a gently caress

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I've got so much offshore if they put out a gun that used a dollar per bullet from your offshore I'd use it and not give a gently caress

Well, really, any of us do. Like, it's hard to wrap your head around "a million" when you start actually counting it one by one, let alone the zillions we're all sitting on.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

I want a minigun that actually costs as much to use as the one from Meet the Heavy

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I like their DLC so far, but I got to admit I'm not looking forward to naval stuff in the game unless they can cut out a lot of the bugs and plodiness of naval battles in the game.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 7, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
The best application would probably be a cruise liner that is docked at a marina or something.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Plan Z posted:

I like their DLC so far, but I got to admit I'm not looking forward to naval stuff in the game unless they can cut out a lot of the bugs and plodiness of naval battles in the game.

I agree.

what am I agreeing to

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Psion posted:

I agree.

what am I agreeing to

Shooting cops with cannonballs.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tempest_56 posted:

yes please

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tempest_56 posted:

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag: Naval Heistery. I'd play this. Alternately, since you mentioned cannonballs, a Serious Sam crossover heist? Also great.

dibs on the quadlaser.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psion posted:

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag: Naval Heistery. I'd play this. Alternately, since you mentioned cannonballs, a Serious Sam crossover heist? Also great.

dibs on the quadlaser.

I was thinking Fallout 4.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shooting Blanks posted:

that's the eventual heist where we get Jiro's son or whatever

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Shooting Blanks posted:

"wow, Boston is totally wrecked. But Vlad's safes are over here somehow? Better go pick them up, clowns!"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

New collaboration between Bethesda and Overkill: Bethesda does all the script writing for the next 5 heists.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Would probably be better than poo poo like Aftershock.

Travel across the country, to steal safes for Vlad, that are already in Vlad owned trucks, to bring them back to Vlad because he apparently can't wait for them.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Hobold posted:

Would probably be better than poo poo like Aftershock.

Travel across the country, to steal safes for Vlad, that are already in Vlad owned trucks, to bring them back to Vlad because he apparently can't wait for them.

I thought the idea here was to get to the trucks before the police, since the police would likely seize the content of the trucks.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

How about a White Christmas style heist where you have safe-crackers break open an infinite amount of safes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

How about a White Christmas style heist where you have safe-crackers break open an infinite amount of safes.

you and I both know Overkill would make a challenge about having to crack 100 safes on OVERKILL difficulty or above, though, and we really don't need another one of those.

I still hold a grudge over how that White Xmas competition went down :mad:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Plan Z posted:

Are we talking an infinite amount of safes at once (so we can have 10+ broken drills at the same time), or safes infinitely inside each other like a demented Titan matyroshka doll?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tempest_56 posted:

Are we talking an infinite amount of safes at once (so we can have 10+ broken drills at the same time), or safes infinitely inside each other like a demented Titan matyroshka doll?

A safe dispenser that drops safes, which you have to deliver to the lockpickers, which will never stop dispensing safes.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

RandallODim posted:

A safe dispenser that drops safes, which you have to deliver to the lockpickers, which will never stop dispensing safes.

I would be fine with this, so long as I could use the un-picked safes to build a safe-fort.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Tempest_56 posted:

I would be fine with this, so long as I could use the un-picked safes to build a safe-fort.

Can you use the safe fort for cover? Because now I'm imagining some weird safe fort going from the safe dispenser to the lock pickers so you can just ignore the cops on the other side of your fort.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Psion posted:

you and I both know Overkill would make a challenge about having to crack 100 safes on OVERKILL difficulty or above, though, and we really don't need another one of those.

I still hold a grudge over how that White Xmas competition went down :mad:

I want to crack 100 safes by hand picking, while having to cook 200 bags of meth on a moving truck while trying to prevent 50 goats from escaping AND breaking Hoxton out of jail again because he's bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

I want to crack 100 safes by hand picking, while having to cook 200 bags of meth on a moving truck while trying to prevent 50 goats from escaping AND breaking Hoxton out of jail again because he's bad.

and you have to drive the truck over the tiles to unlock the OVERDIAMOND or the whole map gets flooded with smokebombs and cloakers

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

Vox, I didn't realize you had an alt account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Tempest_56 posted:

Vox, I didn't realize you had an alt account.

Santa’s Workshop
The Setting: Vlad wants enough presents to give to every good little boy or girl in the District-that translates to 100 presents, minimum. As on other DV heists, sniper and enemy spawns are changed to be nastier.
The Heist:
  • Many more enemy bikers at the beginning of the heist- about 20.
  • You have 8 elves at the start of the heist-four on each side of the map. No 2 elves will appear in the same room. As in the normal game, one of them will not be targeted by police. Letting some elves die is a viable tactic, though it's not recommended.
  • Equipment/traps are unchanged. Trap equipment thrown into a chimney immediately respawns.
  • Securing presents works a bit differently. One chimney will be always be available to secure presents at any time. The difference is that both chimneys are always open; there's a fire going underneath one of them instead! Bags tossed into a lit chimney are destroyed. The open chimney alternates only when X number of bags are secured in it. X is a random number ranging from 5 to 10. Bain will tell you when it happens, and a HUD indicator will also let you know. The burning chimney will also have smoke coming out of it. Throw carefully!
Elf Supplies:
  • Each elf has a supply of three materials they're working with: "Snow" (coke), "Trees" (pot) and "Toys" (snowman bongs). They can and will run out of these as the heist continues, requiring you to go get them more from designated spawnpoints.
  • All of these supplies are inventory items akin to planks, so they don't weigh you down. The game will try to only let as many people pick up items as are needed for the elves, but as always, duping is a possibility and recommended.
  • Snow is being delivered by snowblower. You can gather more by standing in an active blower and holding the use key. A snowblower will always be active when more snow is needed. (yes, this can be exploited)
  • Trees are a two step process. Gather raw trees from the "forest" in the center of the building and bag them- either at "Santa's Slay" on the right side or at the christmas tree on the left side. Both actions take about 1.5 seconds.
  • Toys are gathered from a shelf on the back right corner of the workshop. They have a longer interaction compared with the other items.
  • Each elf will run out of a different supply at random, after every 3-5 presents.

Present events:
As you progress, things get harder.
10 bags: The present supply system mentioned above begins to occur. Until this point, elves will not run out of materials.
16 bags: Laser tripmines go active scattered around the back trainyard area. Bain announces this ("I just got a signal- the police are setting something up out back"). More will periodically spawn, about every ten minutes. Bain will mention this each time ("police have set more mines, guys, watch out!")
25 bags: A turret truck drives up and parks immediately outside the front left door. This both blocks a sightline to the front chimney and serves as an additional spawn location.
40 bags: Winters spawns near the chimney behind the workshop.
41 bags: A turret spawns on one of the buildings overlooking the rear chimney.
50 bags: Additional spawnpoints will be made active in the workshop interior.
56 bags: Simultaneous 5 cloaker spawn from locations in the warehouse.
70 bags: As on White Xmas, 6 black dozers will spawn across the map.
81 bags: A turret drives through the front left door and crashes into Santa's Slay. This spawns a one-time, large set of police and specials, as on Bomb Forest- it is not a permanent enemy spawnpoint. This tree bagging location is disabled.
100 bags: Vlad is thrilled! You've saved christmas! Both chimneys are now always available and you can secure more presents, but Vlad needs one last thing before you go. The Xmas timer safe will begin spawning between assault waves, and is now available. Vlad wants something important that's inside- his "Secret Santa gift."

Special Spawns: Expect additional skylight and window snipers. Overwatch does not occur. Otherwise, spawns are mostly dictated by the present events above.
Extra Loot: None, but you can keep making presents if you really want to.
Xmas timer safe:
2 minutes, no changes. The safe can be attempted again each assault break. What's Vlad's special surprise gift? 4 safes, as from Aftershock. Secure them all for the escape to become available.

Achievements:
...And a broke-dick piece of poo poo drill: Complete Santa's Workshop on Death Vox.
A Christmas Miracle: Complete the heist without destroying any turrets.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 8, 2016