Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kwyndig posted:

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's even going to fund.

Unless it drops over 125K in the next 11 days it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Kwyndig posted:

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's even going to fund.

With rules like this, I kinda hope not.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Caedar posted:

With rules like this, I kinda hope not.

That seems... basically like a turn-based game, but with a rule that lets you move a unit out of enemy fire if you can physically drop the energy tokens from your hand and move the plastic figure faster than your opponent can call their attack.

Gendail
May 23, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Any of y'all kickstarter addicts get the 7th Sea books yet?

Mine is on it's way!! USPS tracking says it'll be here Wednesday 8/10. I am really hoping it is quicker than that. It shipped on the 1st.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

LatwPIAT posted:

That seems... basically like a turn-based game, but with a rule that lets you move a unit out of enemy fire if you can physically drop the energy tokens from your hand and move the plastic figure faster than your opponent can call their attack.

That was my read as well.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
My copy of the burning wheel codex came in today! :toot:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dammit, the shipping info on my copy has been stuck on "pre-shipping info sent to USPS" for a week now. :argh:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Evil Mastermind posted:

Dammit, the shipping info on my copy has been stuck on "pre-shipping info sent to USPS" for a week now. :argh:

Same! Mayhapes we're required to conjure a missive to the high wizard?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

From what I've heard, it's because the guy doing the shipping is apparently at GenCon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Evil Mastermind posted:

From what I've heard, it's because the guy doing the shipping is apparently at GenCon.

Well that's not magical at all. :colbert:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's just "a guy"? Not a fulfillment company of some kind?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
More of a homunculus or bottle imp, really.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
On the one hand, I want my copy of BW Codex to show up so bad. On the other hand, I know that's just silly because I already own nearly all of it (I have the monster, magic, and adventure burners). But I still want it in my hands!

I guess I'm just a big fanboy.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Jimbozig posted:

On the one hand, I want my copy of BW Codex to show up so bad. On the other hand, I know that's just silly because I already own nearly all of it (I have the monster, magic, and adventure burners). But I still want it in my hands!

I guess I'm just a big fanboy.

Look at this foolio, liking things unironically. Get offa the something awful dot com forum, scrubkins

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
It's real good - I'm not sure what in it is different from the 3 burners because i've never had them, but it really opens up the space of burning wheel to me. I wish we had an active thread about burning wheel because the system is just opaque enough to me that I think I'd have a hard time teaching it to other people, and I'm the only person in my gaming group who reads rulebooks for fun.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

jivjov posted:

It's just "a guy"? Not a fulfillment company of some kind?

A guy who runs a small fulfillment company.

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008

Lightning Lord posted:

Any of y'all kickstarter addicts get the 7th Sea books yet?

I got the core here, and it's very well put together.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I haven't even gotten a shipping notification because I'm in the EU.

Impermanent posted:

It's real good - I'm not sure what in it is different from the 3 burners because i've never had them, but it really opens up the space of burning wheel to me. I wish we had an active thread about burning wheel because the system is just opaque enough to me that I think I'd have a hard time teaching it to other people, and I'm the only person in my gaming group who reads rulebooks for fun.

:justpost: the thread.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
We have a thread for Torchbearer which is also acting as the Burning Wheel thread.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Not Armoured Core continues to fall slowly for the seventh day in a row, but expect that to increase a little now someone has pointed out that their "full refund" policy puts their Kickstarter charges on the customer.

One thought I had: if they're no longer using the Armoured Core licence, does that not mean they'll have to retool all their models?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Meanwhile, Giga-Robo hit its last stretch goal, which gives backers a second pilot + mech expansion for free.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 7, 2016

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008
Some poo poo about what went down with ex-Nightfall/Nocturne, doesn't name names, and doesn't go into too much detail with Funhaver trying to rescue it.

http://pasted.co/7b2dbc50

But that's the majority of what happened, including the dick who accused me of theft on G+

Because gently caress them. Also, so I could put this up elsewhere and show people the kind of bullshit I had to deal with.

Doctor Shadow fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 7, 2016

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Doctor Shadow posted:

Some poo poo about what went down with ex-Nightfall/Nocturne, doesn't name names, and doesn't go into too much detail with Funhaver trying to rescue it.

This is a class act and a heck of a worth ethic, dude. Congrats on getting it done.

Doctor Shadow
Dec 12, 2008
Thanks dude, it's a stellar book too. Much better than anything FT could have put out. We got some really good folks on this, no one got paid, everyone put in 110% :)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Honestly, looking at a lot of the projects from last month, July really isn't the time to try to Kickstart something. Strange Magic 2's creator has been complaining about how many backers have dropped out, especially due to Gencon. Same with the Roots of Mali team, who have expressed regret over starting their project when they did. At least they aren't threatening to cancel the project and immediately restart it, like Strange Magic guy has. dan smith of Battle of the Bands has at least been taking the Gencon slowdown in stride, even giving some of his early stretch goals away to make up for this dry spell.

At least the good ol' Armored CoreMech Command RTS is still going strong... in losing money. :hurr: $185,344 of their $75,000 goal with only 9 days left for you to pull your pledge if you haven't already.

Oh and The Lords of Rock has $10,121 of their $8,500 goal and still have 24 days to go. Hopefully one of their stretch goals will be "better parody songs" :v:

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Doctor Shadow posted:

http://pasted.co/7b2dbc50

But that's the majority of what happened, including the dick who accused me of theft on G+

Because gently caress them. Also, so I could put this up elsewhere and show people the kind of bullshit I had to deal with.

What the gently caress.

I haven't come out of my hole to say a word about Nocturne. I'm not saying I have a good name to drag through the mud, but this poo poo about me is nearly entirely lies. I did gently caress up the kickstarter. It is my fault. There are a lot of mistakes that you could have brought to light and instead you disseminate.

1. I didn't give the money to anyone. They stole it.

2. When your mom passed away I explicitly said to take some time for yourself.

3. Before and after that, I repeatedly asked you for updates and to post your work on Drive/OneDrive/anywhere.

4. I "fired" you when you were nearly six months behind on our contract. Suddenly, you were responding and emailing me your work...for like, a couple of weeks. Then it stopped again.

5. Exactly one person emailed me to take over the project. You conveniently leave her out, though. One other offered to help with mechanics and I was taking him up on that offer until I passed it over.

6. I transferred it over in part because you wouldn't email me back. At all. Once it went to Savage Mojo I emailed you offering to help and got no reply.

I'm really happy you finished the project. It was always your baby and the I've seen good stuff posted about it.

I have said (and continue to say) that I'm sorry for what happened. It's my fault. I made an idiot mistake and I made it worse by covering it up. I just don't understand what's to be gained by dredging up four-year-old dirt, especially when you aren't telling the truth about what happened.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Gau posted:

What the gently caress.

I haven't come out of my hole to say a word about Nocturne. I'm not saying I have a good name to drag through the mud, but this poo poo about me is nearly entirely lies. I did gently caress up the kickstarter. It is my fault. There are a lot of mistakes that you could have brought to light and instead you disseminate.

3. Before and after that, I repeatedly asked you for updates and to post your work on Drive/OneDrive/anywhere.

4. I "fired" you when you were nearly six months behind on our contract. Suddenly, you were responding and emailing me your work...for like, a couple of weeks. Then it stopped again.

5. Exactly one person emailed me to take over the project. You conveniently leave her out, though. One other offered to help with mechanics and I was taking him up on that offer until I passed it over.

6. I transferred it over in part because you wouldn't email me back. At all. Once it went to Savage Mojo I emailed you offering to help and got no reply.

I'm really happy you finished the project. It was always your baby and the I've seen good stuff posted about it.

I have said (and continue to say) that I'm sorry for what happened. It's my fault. I made an idiot mistake and I made it worse by covering it up. I just don't understand what's to be gained by dredging up four-year-old dirt, especially when you aren't telling the truth about what happened.

mmm... no it was probably you

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I don't know if this thread is the place for internet slapfights but I'm not a mod so...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jedit posted:

Not Armoured Core continues to fall slowly for the seventh day in a row, but expect that to increase a little now someone has pointed out that their "full refund" policy puts their Kickstarter charges on the customer.

One thought I had: if they're no longer using the Armoured Core licence, does that not mean they'll have to retool all their models?

Wait, it does? That's a dick move, the project creator is supposed to eat those as a cost of doing business.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gau posted:

What the gently caress.

Man, who am I going to believe? The guy who busted his rear end to deliver on an abandoned kickstarter project I backed, or the rear end in a top hat who ran off with my money in the first place?

HMMMMM, tough decision.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Rhjamiz posted:

Man, who am I going to believe? The guy who busted his rear end to deliver on an abandoned kickstarter project I backed, or the rear end in a top hat who ran off with my money in the first place?

HMMMMM, tough decision.

I saw about $100 of that money and a chunk of that went to renew our business license.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
So, how exactly was this money stolen? Like, were you keeping it on the coffee table in a large sack with a dollar sign on it? Because there's this cool thing called a bank. They'll keep your money there for you, and even hire guys with guns to stop people taking it.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I actually just left it in the back of my car in lose twenties. Seemed like a good decision at the time!

(There is a thing called "banks" and "business accounts" with "multiple signors" so that someone can "legally" withdraw the "entire balance" and then "disappear.")

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kickstarter drama is always fun. :munch:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Did your wife steal the money or something

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
No, it's all very simple. See, the money all went into a bank account that Gau and Red_Mage both had access to, except that Gau didn't have access to more than a hundo. Then after a lot of falling behind and throwing everyone else under the bus, RM came into some kind of financial problem. Gau gave the money he never saw (from the account to which he had access) to RM, who then stole that money he was given. Then some years passed and Doc got a bunch of poo poo done and got the game added to a franchise but don't pay attention to that part because Gau still needs to come out thinking he looks like the good guy.

Easy.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

At least Red Mage had the good sense to stop posting in a forum full of people he ripped off

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Gau posted:

What the gently caress.

I haven't come out of my :10bux: to say a word about :10bux:. I'm not saying I have a good :10bux: to drag through the mud, but this poo poo about me is nearly entirely :10bux:. I did gently caress up the :10bux:. It is my :10bux: There are a lot of :10bux: that you could have brought to light and instead you disseminate.

1. :10bux:

2. :10bux:

3. :10bux:

4. :10bux:

5. :10bux:

6. :10bux:

I'm really happy you finished the :10bux:. It was always your :10bux: and the I've seen good :10bux: posted about :10bux:.

I have said (and continue to say) that I'm sorry for what happened. It's my :10bux:. I made an idiot mistake and I made it worse by :10bux:ing it up. I just don't understand what's to be gained by dredging up :10bux: dirt, especially when you aren't telling the :10bux: about what happened.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So the emoticon limit is :20bux: huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So the emoticon limit is :20bux: huh?

Apparently.