Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Loco Abreu is still playing, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Simone Poodoin posted:

Loco Abreu will play for Santa Tecla in El Salvador, his 22nd club in 10 different countries

lmao this is sad, but I love loco abreu. Wonder if he's deep in debt or wtf

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I remember a few years ago Barca played a Champions League game against some club from Kazakhstan or something and Rivaldo was playing for them and he looked super embarrassed lol.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Simone Poodoin posted:

Loco Abreu will play for Santa Tecla in El Salvador, his 22nd club in 10 different countries

just die already ffs

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Yesterday the Pope's team came to fight against the devil's cunts and won, with an own goal and a fantastic hat trick of clown errors by Danny Carvajal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mMl5WIp9M

Carvajal is the cheap, homegrown fraud who took over from the expensive Panamanian fraud Penedo

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

joepinetree posted:

Ronaldinho's resurgence at Atletico was great, but it also had a massive downside: Atletico thinking that it could revive all has been careers. Fred has just been signed.

He's a still a great striker, if he manages to stay healthy. He's just too expensive. How indebted is altetico nowadays?

Magrov fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 12, 2016

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Depending on estimates, Atletico is the second or third most indebted club in the country. The real question is whether its real debt or all part of money laundering. BMG and Banco Rural are banks that are closely linked to current and previous presidents, so lending fake money to atletico would be an easy way to launder stuff. Additionally, Atletico has been at the forefront in terms of adapting to the new rules prohibiting players from being owned by managers and agents. So instead of an agent owning a player and lending them to the club, Atletico will own the rights to the player with a debt to the agent in a variable amount. Which is a long winded way of saying that while Atletico is more indebted than, say, a lot of the Rio clubs, it still manages to pay players on time.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone

So first off the 2nd leg of Boca and Independiente is going to be airing in english on Fox Sports 2 in the US so if anyone in the US want to watch some south american soccer/football in english here's your chance. Also tomorrow is the start of the 2016/2017 Liga MX season with the start of the Apertura. I'll do a post for it tomorrow but it's nice to have another league to watch other than the MLS (my Fire recently got out of last place and now is 2nd to last which is really something for them) until the other main one starts in another month or so. Hopefully this upcoming season will be a good one, so I just heard they are going to take away seats at the Boca stadium in 2017. Why are they doing that, some new rule or something?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Hello everyone

So first off the 2nd leg of Boca and Independiente is going to be airing in english on Fox Sports 2 in the US so if anyone in the US want to watch some south american soccer/football in english here's your chance. Also tomorrow is the start of the 2016/2017 Liga MX season with the start of the Apertura. I'll do a post for it tomorrow but it's nice to have another league to watch other than the MLS (my Fire recently got out of last place and now is 2nd to last which is really something for them) until the other main one starts in another month or so. Hopefully this upcoming season will be a good one, so I just heard they are going to take away seats at the Boca stadium in 2017. Why are they doing that, some new rule or something?

poo poo forgot about the Boca game, thanks for reminding me.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

gently caress Argentina gently caress Brazil in this posters opinion

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Redczar posted:

gently caress Argentina gently caress Brazil in this posters opinion

Nah, they cool. gently caress Boca though

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Hello everyone

you watch the mls AND the mexican league? why don't you just rip your eyes out?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Lol at this whole video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ke2DlMf5j4

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Lmao that video, lol Orion, lol Lodeiro

I like Boca but I like underdog stories and angry argies better

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Weaponized Cum posted:

you watch the mls AND the mexican league? why don't you just rip your eyes out?

Have to support the hometown club so I watch MLS and we most of the Liga MX games on free TV so it's something to watch. Speaking of which it's time for the first post of the 2016-2017 Liga MX season with the start of the Apertura. Sinaloa finished last in the relegation table so they are back in the 2nd division of mexican soccer/football Ascenso MX and get replaced by the returning Necaxa from Aguasacalientes City in the middle of Mexico and is regarded as one of the best cites with the best quality of life in all of Latin America.

Round one of the 2016 Apertura (All times CDT UTC-5)

Friday, July 15, 2016
9:00 PM

Tijuana v Morelia

Saturday, July 16, 2016

5:00 PM

Querétaro v Veracruz

7:00 PM

Atlas v Toluca

Monterrey v Puebla

7:06 PM

Pachuca v León

América v Chiapas

Necaxa v Cruz Azul

Sunday, July 17, 2016

12:00 PM

Pumas v Guadalajara

6:00 PM

Santos Laguna v Tigres UANL

Here's to a good fun season.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Atletico just signed Rómulo Otero. How good is he?

Cazares was on pace to be player of the year and top striker for Atletico (6 goals in 6 starts), but he is out for at least 3 months.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
leg 1 of libertadores final tonight, first time in a while with no ARG or BRA teams playing

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Time for the weekly Liga MX post of the Week.

Last round Results
Pumas 1 - 0 Guadalajara
Santos Laguna 0 - 0 Tigres UANL
América 2 - 0 Chiapas
Atlas 1 - 1 Toluca
Monterrey 1 - 1 Puebla
Necaxa 0 - 0 Cruz Azul
Pachuca 5 - 1 León
Querétaro 2 - 0 Veracruz
Tijuana 2 - 0 Morelia

Round two of the 2016 Apertura (All times CDT UTC-5)

Friday, July 22, 2016

Veracruz v Santos Laguna

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Chiapas v Pachuca

Cruz Azul v Pumas

Morelia v Querétaro

Tigres UANL v Atlas

León v Necaxa

América v Toluca

Guadalajara v Monterrey

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Puebla v Tijuana

Current Table

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 30, 2016

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Once again it's the weekly MX post of the week

Last round Results

Puebla 3 - 2 Tijuana
América 3 - 1 Toluca
Chiapas 0 - 2 Pachuca
Cruz Azul 0 - 0 Pumas
Guadalajara 1 - 0 Monterrey
León 0 - 0 Necaxa
Morelia 2 - 2 Querétaro
Tigres UANL 0 - 0 Atlas
Veracruz 2 - 0 Santos Laguna

Round two of the 2016 Apertura (All times CDT UTC-5)

Friday, July 29, 2016

Tijuana v Guadalajara

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Querétaro v Puebla

Atlas v Veracruz

Monterrey v Cruz Azul

Pachuca v Necaxa

América v Tigres UANL

Sunday, July 31, 2016

12:00 PM

Pumas v León

Chiapas v Toluca

Santos Laguna v Morelia

Current Table

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 30, 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Edgardo Bauza is the new manager for Argentina, he's won two Libertadores, one with Liga de Quito in 2008 and one with San Lorenzo in 2014.

Let's see if he can convince Messi to return.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I was hoping they would take longer so they wouldn't have time to prepare for the game against us in September.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Even though the Rio games are starting and some of the Olympics Football/Soccer has already started with Mexico getting a draw with germany, Colombia drawing with Sweden, Brazil drawing with South Africa, and Argentina losing to Portugal we remember that no one cares for Olympic stuff other than Mexico and I guess Brazil so here is some real Football/Soccer with meaning. The weekly Liga MX post of the week.

Last round Results

Chiapas FC Chiapas 1 - 0 Toluca
Pumas 1 - 0 León
Santos Laguna 2 - 4 Morelia
América 0 - 3 Tigres UANL
Atlas 1 - 0 Veracruz
Monterrey 1 - 1 Cruz Azul
Pachuca 1 - 0 Necaxa
Querétaro 2 - 1 Puebla
Tijuana 4 - 0 Guadalajara

Round three of the 2016 Apertura (All times CDT UTC-5)

Friday, August 5, 2016

Veracruz v América

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Cruz Azul v Tijuana

Morelia v Atlas

Tigres UANL v Chiapas

León v Monterrey

Guadalajara v Querétaro

Necaxa v Pumas

Sunday, August 7, 2016

12:45 PM

Toluca v Pachuca

Puebla v Santos Laguna

Current Table

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Soooo the soccer thread for the Olympics is absolute garbage much like all of TRP, I'mma be commenting the Brazil games here if y'all don't mind. Yesterday the women's team trampled Sweden 5-1 and Marta literally scored rebounding on a Swede: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JcFhM09jkk

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Sweden looked really bad defensively, Brazil was just having fun out there. Christiane's first goal was almost a Zlatan if it didn't deflect. Still good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gigi Galli posted:

Sweden looked really bad defensively, Brazil was just having fun out there. Christiane's first goal was almost a Zlatan if it didn't deflect. Still good.

Yeah, them seemed lost in the pitch, and between Cristiane and Marta Brazil just hosed with them, it was like watching our 2004-ish men's team. I miss Brazil being good at soccer, man. Also Gabriel Jesus missed a ridiculous goal against South Africa, holy poo poo. Iraq should be an easy match IN THEORY, tho, so that tie might not matter too much.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Dias posted:

Yeah, them seemed lost in the pitch, and between Cristiane and Marta Brazil just hosed with them, it was like watching our 2004-ish men's team. I miss Brazil being good at soccer, man. Also Gabriel Jesus missed a ridiculous goal against South Africa, holy poo poo. Iraq should be an easy match IN THEORY, tho, so that tie might not matter too much.

Yeah the men's team in comparison looked like poo poo from what I saw from them, especially given the talent that they have. That Gabigol miss was great for social media in Italy though.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I really don't care about the men's team. I do care about the women's, since they manage to put together a competitive team with absolutely minimal support and with the US team getting Brazil men's team level of favoritism from FIFA. Like, the Brazilian women's team had to find a different place to practice for the world cup because the men's U-15 had priority at Granja Comary .

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
holy poo poo brazil suuuuuuuucks

Like, all of our olympic teams are kinda garbo but we're getting stopped by fuckin' Iraq, what the hell.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
How the hell did palmeiras manage to fool someone into paying 32 million for Gabriel de jesus?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I was gonna watch the Brazil game but sounds like it's poo poo, right? The tennis match is really good right now and I don't want to switch if it's poo poo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Simone Poodoin posted:

I was gonna watch the Brazil game but sounds like it's poo poo, right? The tennis match is really good right now and I don't want to switch if it's poo poo.

If you wanna see an upset there's a chance you'll get it, but it's a pretty boring-rear end game.

joepinetree posted:

How the hell did palmeiras manage to fool someone into paying 32 million for Gabriel de jesus?

Both Gabriels are trash, it's like seeing a new Lulinha and Dentinho.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Dias posted:

If you wanna see an upset there's a chance you'll get it, but it's a pretty boring-rear end game.

Both Gabriels are trash, it's like seeing a new Lulinha and Dentinho.

My cable is all hosed up right now, the channel where it's supposed to be on is not irking. Guess it's for the best.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Fixed the cable, watching this sad display.

Are they really doing the puto chant? I though I heard "bicha" I n that free kick the Iraq keeper took.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Neymar is a pecho frio

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Simone Poodoin posted:

Fixed the cable, watching this sad display.

Are they really doing the puto chant? I though I heard "bicha" I n that free kick the Iraq keeper took.

They are. Stupid, because they're fuckin' kicking out people doing political chants but calling people faggots is apparently a-okay.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol 7 minutes of stoppage time

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's making me happy to see renato augusto suffering

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Now I want Brazil to be eliminated without scoring a goal so bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, this is an atrocious team. I hope we just go out in the group stages, because it'd at least be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also I have a couple of Palmeiras supporters on my rear end on twitter because how dare I speak will of Gabriel Jesus, Guardiola wants him so he must be good!

Yeah, because Barcelona never hired Keirrison and Maxi López.