Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

For a bit there I couldn't work out why Theresa May had gone skydiving with Ken Livingstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Cameron's resignation honours list – Theresa May is refusing to block honours for No 10 ‘cronies’ after a leaked list revealed that David Cameron has requested gongs for party donors, pro-EU campaigners and political aides in his resignation honours list"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON... Cameron's resignation honours list

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:vince: the pig.

(Also gently caress off Mac)

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
I would have gone with just the head on the plate in the queue, but to each his own.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on house prices – Nine out of 10 people renting property in Britain cannot scrape together enough savings to cover even a quarter of the deposit needed to buy the average first home"

Telegraph:

Times:

'Don’t put your head underwater': visitors warned over Olympics pollution

Mail:
MAC ON... David Cameron's resignation honours list

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC ON... David Cameron's resignation honours list

Usually Mac spaces them out before repeating himself but he's an old old man... gotta get all those jabs in.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac going for the week long "lol these proles aping their betters"

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stanley McMurtry MBE

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Guavanaut posted:

Mac going for the week long "lol these proles aping their betters"
Is there anyone working class on that list?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I figured it was Mac briefly aligning with the planets and attacking Cameron for just giving them to anyone he personally benefited from meeting, basically turbo-cronyism, as opposed to proles getting roles.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein posted:

Is there anyone working class on that list?
Sam Cam's hairdresser stylist, which I think all of these cartoons are referencing. She probably makes enough to be comfortably middle class though.

Tesseraction posted:

I figured it was Mac briefly aligning with the planets and attacking Cameron for just giving them to anyone he personally benefited from meeting, basically turbo-cronyism, as opposed to proles getting roles.
It's probably both. You can attack Cameron's abuse of peerages without doing "look at Her Imperial Majesty having to look upon this string vested man ape"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She probably makes enough from them to be comfortably middle class.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour infighting – The Labour party is teetering on the edge of a precipice and could ‘bust apart and disappear’, the leadership challenger Owen Smith has warned" Or, UKIP leadership: Steven Woolfe excluded from race

Bonus! Tribune magazine:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON... NHS funding for cataract operations

Guardian Sport:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Squires :allears:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Squires is doing the unthinkable and making me almost care about sport.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK economy – The Bank of England has cut interest rates to a new record low of 0.25% from 0.5% in a package of measures designed to prevent a post-Brexit recession" After Rembrandt.

Telegraph:

George Osborne tops ex-PM David Cameron's honours list; David Cameron sports £225 shorts from designer Notting Hill shop while on Corsica holiday

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn pledges to 'rebuild Britain'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on peerage nominations – Labour’s decision to nominate Shami Chakrabarti, the human rights and civil liberties campaigner, for a peerage has caused tensions at the top of the party"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Britannia in the dark about Brexit - Chris Riddell on the Bank of England interest rate cut and David Cameron’s resignation honours list"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent:

Sunday Times:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Britannia in the dark about Brexit - Chris Riddell on the Bank of England interest rate cut and David Cameron’s resignation honours list"

Okay, so is there a British cartoonist left who hasn't made the pig-gets-an-honour gag yet? Maybe there's one who just hasn't got round to it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac I think, although he seems to consider cleaners to be some kind of domesticated animal.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pigfucker, the Previous Prime Minister of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Michael Gove is Owen Smith as Jeremy Corbyn
thank god for the "JC" tag

I almost guarantee Trump is circumcised because we do that.
retch barf gag hurl errrrrruuuuuugh

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 8, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's supposed to be Owen Smith? I was wondering why Gove had nicked Jezza's clothes.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Dabir posted:

That's supposed to be Owen Smith? I was wondering why Gove had nicked Jezza's clothes.
The nose is a little beaky so I figure it's a bad Owen Smith... and context.
(On the upside, the caricature doesn't look like it was flown in from 1930s Berlin.)

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Angepain posted:

Okay, so is there a British cartoonist left who hasn't made the pig-gets-an-honour gag yet? Maybe there's one who just hasn't got round to it

Just be glad Riddel didn't label it "Head of Pig, Cameron alleged to have hosed". He's normally the worst for labelling crap.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's education and energy policy – The prime minister, who is expected to lift the ban on selective grammar schools, has been accused of trying to bribe the public to accept fracking"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Dicknose Strikes Again
...And I've got no right to take my place / With Theresa May's face

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's a reference to Rhodes isn't it? Rhodes + Theresa's wide stance.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Guavanaut posted:

That's a reference to Rhodes isn't it? Rhodes + Theresa's wide stance.

Cairo to Capetown, yes.

Not certain what the intended meaning is. Prestige projects built at great expense on the back of massive human suffering for no good reason?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Autonomous Monster posted:

Cairo to Capetown, yes.

Not certain what the intended meaning is. Prestige projects built at great expense on the back of massive human suffering for no good reason?

Par for the course with the Tories

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Southern rail – Extreme overcrowding reported on remaining services as five-day strike begins on one of Britain’s busiest rail franchises"

Telegraph:

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the cupping of Uncle Sam – Cupping therapy may have helped Michael Phelps secure gold in Rio, but the US is not benefiting as greatly from Donald Trump"

Telegraph:

Times:

Clean sweep for Corbyn supporters in Labour NEC election

Mail:
MAC ON... Police chief inspectors' pay and allowances

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
POKÉ-
MON
BANK-
ING

When it's gotten that far, any chance that a joke could have ever existed is long forgotten.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What is the joke supposed to be? Online banking exists?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Baron Corbyn posted:

What is the joke supposed to be? Online banking exists?

I Don't Understand These drat Gizmos, I think. I wasn't aware banks were closing due to online banking, though some have become very full of machines that the staff are very keen to get you to use instead of talking to them, which makes sense because I'm sure the general public are awful.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Putin, doping scandals and a garish diving pool – With the Olympics now in full swing, finally there is a new story to deflect from the Russian doping scandal – the lime green diving pool"

Telegraph:

Independent finally updated their dang website:

Times:

Labour: Corbyn camp hits back at Tom Watson 'Trotsky entryists' comments

Guardian Sport:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Syria and chemical weapons – Three people died when suspected chlorine was dropped alongside barrel bombs on a neighbourhood of Aleppo"

Telegraph:

Theresa May pictured on walking holiday in the Swiss Alps

Independent:

After El Lissitzky.

The i paper:

Times: