Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Spin Patsy Walker out of Jessica Jones for a lighthearted Hellcat show, have a SG show, a Howard the Duck show, and a She-Hulk courtroom comedy/drama, and then have the Comedy Defenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

Spin Patsy Walker out of Jessica Jones for a lighthearted Hellcat show, have a SG show, a Howard the Duck show, and a She-Hulk courtroom comedy/drama, and then have the Comedy Defenders.

Someone at Warner Brothers just had a heart attack.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

JoshTheStampede posted:

do this, then sell the rights to Fox so they can have Vulcan kill them all off in a clip to establish himself as a threat for a new movie!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mover posted:

do this, then sell the rights to Fox so they can have Vulcan kill them all off in a clip to establish himself as a threat for a new movie!

do this, then sell the rights to NBC so they can have Law and Order: Super Victims Unit. Jane FosThor can guest cameo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

I can honestly say that I read that and didn't think of 9/11.

Terrorist.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'd really like all those as cartoon limited series. Live action shows wouldn't get the budget to properly depict the wacky poo poo that those characters get up to.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think AK would make a better Kate, though I'm trying to figure out who would be the best America, because there's a lot of good young Latino actresses.

Marvel better be thinking of a SG live action thing considering how viral stories of peole wanting to play her are.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Remember this dumb fake #1 thing from a few years ago?

We back

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 5, 2016

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Issue #13-1.NOW

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Uh, that's a really good idea, though? It's just basically the same as putting 'PART ONE' on the cover in big letters so readers know they're not jumping in mid-story. Plus it splits the difference between big issue numbers and not scaring noobs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, I was a fan of that tactic a couple years back and I like it now as well. It's part one of a new arc, which is how you should try to get people on.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
And we can keep the big numbering! Best of both worlds.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bring back Triangle Numbers

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

redbackground posted:

Shannon for Doreen, Anna can voice Tippy-Toe.

Someone, either here or on my facebook said, Ana Kendrick can be Kate when they do young Avengers. I'm down with that.

EDIT: Oh, hai twistedmentat!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

Someone, either here or on my facebook said, Ana Kendrick can be Kate when they do young Avengers. I'm down with that.

EDIT: Oh, hai twistedmentat!

Hah, yea I posted that both here and on my Facebook. I'd love to see AK call the Avengers on their poo poo and be dissapointed by Jeremy Renner

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

JoshTheStampede posted:

Issue #13-1.NOW

Amazing Spider-Man 001.10 #1 has a good ring to it

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

She could do both!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ana kendrick is like thirty years old I doubt marvel is going to be casting her as teen heroes

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Blockhouse posted:

ana kendrick is like thirty years old I doubt marvel is going to be casting her as teen heroes

Worked fine for two of the previous Spidermen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also Kate is like 21 or something now. Not to mention Anna Kendrick looks like she's in her early 20s.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

twistedmentat posted:

Anna Kendrick looks like she's in her early 20s.

I mean, no she doesn't, but she would be a pretty good choice for Kate. Even better choice would be Angela, though, to be honest.

Also, just for fun, I should note that Anna Kendrick looks like a female version of Adam Scott.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Worked fine for two of the previous Spidermen.

Not really!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toxxupation posted:

I mean, no she doesn't, but she would be a pretty good choice for Kate. Even better choice would be Angela, though, to be honest.

Also, just for fun, I should note that Anna Kendrick looks like a female version of Adam Scott.

So you're saying they should play Aurora and Northstar? I can dig it. The hardest casting would be Puck, where you find a 4 foot super hairy beefcake?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

So you're saying they should play Aurora and Northstar? I can dig it. The hardest casting would be Puck, where you find a 4 foot super hairy beefcake?

Peter Dinklage and some steroids.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I feel like if they introduce Young Avengers chars into the MCU, they'll go for proper age casting if only because they'll want to be able to have those new characters step into major roles going forward, and they can't do the sliding timescale comics have b/c of aging and death etc in the real world.

Of course it's at least as likely they'll just do reboots or recasts, but with the way they are handling the shared universe right now, actually teenage spider-man and Hawkeye seem more in line

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they're casting very young, they're probably going to cast unknowns so they can pay them peanuts.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I still favor Gemma Arterton as Kate Bishop as a meta-joke about Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Peter Dinklage and some steroids.

"And some steroids" is pretty much SOP for Hollywood action stars.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wanderer posted:

I still favor Gemma Arterton as Kate Bishop as a meta-joke about Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.

I don't want it to look like Clint wants to gently caress Kate. Like, that's Bruce Wayne loving Barbra Gordon level creepy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I don't want it to look like Clint wants to gently caress Kate. Like, that's Bruce Wayne loving Barbra Gordon level creepy.

Doesn't this happen in the killing joke movie?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

They play brother and sister in that movie. Renner's character spends the entire movie pining after an often-naked blonde witch.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why yes it does!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wanderer posted:

They play brother and sister in that movie. Renner's character spends the entire movie pining after an often-naked blonde witch.

You didn't get the feel that he totally want to bang his sister? There was a weird sexual tension between them in the movie I felt.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yep, and it's super wrong and hosed up in any context. Considering Clint kind of has a terrible reputation with women, it was nice to see him interacting with one without hitting on her. While I've only read the Solo Hawkeye and the most recent YA, there never was any sexual tension between Kate and Clint was there? I really hope not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, and it's super wrong and hosed up in any context. Considering Clint kind of has a terrible reputation with women, it was nice to see him interacting with one without hitting on her. While I've only read the Solo Hawkeye and the most recent YA, there never was any sexual tension between Kate and Clint was there? I really hope not.

I'm glad Kate Bishop is a modern creation. Had she been created 30 years ago they absolutely would have hooked up. Especially if it was during Byrne's tenure on the Avengers.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

twistedmentat posted:

I don't want it to look like Clint wants to gently caress Kate.

I mean, he did, but even he realized that it was loving grosserooney and self-destructively pushed Kate away (who was crushin' real hard on Clint until California) as a result.

twistedmentat posted:

While I've only read the Solo Hawkeye and the most recent YA, there never was any sexual tension between Kate and Clint was there? I really hope not.

Again, it was a situation where Kate very obviously had a major crush on Clint, and Clint was physically attracted to Kate while at the same time realizing how absolutely hosed up it would be to take advantage of the mentorship role he had over her/the feelings she had for him for sex.

There's also a running throughline of Hawkeye that Clint has a difficult time with being able to be both sexually and emotionally intimate with the same woman, with the way he torpedoes his relationship with Jessica Drew considering she gets close to being both things to him. Clint usually segments off the women in his life into "women he fucks" and "women he's able to be close to", and he seems to on some level detect that Kate is better as the latter over the former, despite her clear sexual frustration with him/desire to sleep with him.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 7, 2016

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

You didn't get the feel that he totally want to bang his sister? There was a weird sexual tension between them in the movie I felt.

...no, I didn't think that at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And the Animated Series.

Basically anything Timm does.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

twistedmentat posted:

Where, exactly?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah, Fraction managed to have there be sexual tension and not have it be more than that. Tension was just tension, there was never any indication they'd follow through on it or even try to and they both realized that it would be creepy on several levels to actually gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So Comixology has The Runaways as their Marvel Monday sale and it got me thinking, what happened to those guys? I've not finished the series yet but I am aware that it did get to a conclusion sometime soon after they crossed over with Avengers Academy, I also know Chase and Nico ended up going through Avengers Arena and Undercover (The latter deserves more love IMO) but other than the Runaways short during Battleworld with Molly and a few others I don't remember and Nico landing with A-Force during Battleworld and after the ANAD relaunch I have no idea what what became of the rest of them.

• Locked thread