Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

mkay0 posted:

Dave talking about Plus-sized models being 'in' right now was outstanding

He's not wrong about that. The funny part is, they pretty much consider a plus sized model to be any girl over 105 pounds regardless of height. Maybe they mean tall.

It was a bizarre rant, even by Dave standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i thought it was completely reasonable, imagine if someone made "he's really good looking!" body-positive comments about like, 1993 Vader or some poo poo

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Alain Post posted:

i thought it was completely reasonable, imagine if someone made "he's really good looking!" body-positive comments about like, 1993 Vader or some poo poo

Sorry. I meant there are a lot of things you can complain about with regards to Nia Jax, them calling her a plus size model (whether it's true or not) seems like a weird thing to call them out on.

If this were 1996 I could see it, but the way they run the company now it makes sense that they would talk her up for her work outside of WWE because they're obsessed with that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Akileese posted:

Sorry. I meant there are a lot of things you can complain about with regards to Nia Jax, them calling her a plus size model (whether it's true or not) seems like a weird thing to call them out on.

If this were 1996 I could see it, but the way they run the company now it makes sense that they would talk her up for her work outside of WWE because they're obsessed with that.

yeah but she's being pushed as a monster heel at the same time!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bring back strict kayfabe IMHO!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

RaceyBucket posted:

Bring back strict kayfabe IMHO!

This is Dave's ideal world.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Akileese posted:

They didn't call her a plus sized model nor is complaining about that. He's complaining about them complementing the looks of someone they're pushing as a brutal monster.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wrestling expert and reporter, Bryan Alvarez, doesn't know Rich Swann has been signed to WWE for a year or listen to the commentary talking about him being the only NXT signed wrestler in the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN7mEpgrpFw

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

to be fair it's pretty easy to forget considering in all this time he's been on tv like twice

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
THIS COMPANY

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What are the chances of Jack Gallagher being signed, because he's now my favourite wrestler in the world

He has a look that's almost, but not quite, exactly what Vince doesn't want in a wrestler, though

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Cardboard Box posted:

to be fair it's pretty easy to forget considering in all this time he's been on tv like twice

they talked about it in the commentary of the match he was watching

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

then idk bryan and vinny are dumb

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

What are the chances of Jack Gallagher being signed, because he's now my favourite wrestler in the world

He has a look that's almost, but not quite, exactly what Vince doesn't want in a wrestler, though

A very high. The first week everyone was over in Orlando Jack personally got really high marks.

Again they are looking to sign 12-18 people from this.

Also Meltzer said in the Observer that WWE is are open to using Zack Sabre Jr on a freelance basis. So I wouldn't rule out anything or anyone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd assume ZSJ would be used in NXT, then? I can't see anyone being used regularly on Raw without an exclusive deal, but I could see him doing a taping and a Takeover for NXT on the same sort of deal Rhyno had.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I'd assume ZSJ would be used in NXT, then? I can't see anyone being used regularly on Raw without an exclusive deal, but I could see him doing a taping and a Takeover for NXT on the same sort of deal Rhyno had.

They're gonna need more local jobbers for BRAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

James Ellsworth on Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast

lmao

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

St Evan Echoes posted:

He was much more impressive to me than ZSJ was, granted my experience with both men is limited. But ZSJ had an amazing ability not to sell anything or look under any threat at all, as well as having a weird sense of awkwardness about him. Gallagher just looked like he could show up on NXT tomorrow (As did his opponent actually, though I've shamefully forgotten his name).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/762092780789260288

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

...Did Jericho hack Dave's Twitter somehow?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Is this how much you paid him for the Bret Hart-Tom Magee tape

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave, Bryan and Filthy Tom on Observer Radio are just gushing over the G1 match between Okada and Ishii, they're getting so excited talking about all the big spots :3:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Dave, Bryan and Filthy Tom on Observer Radio are just gushing over the G1 match between Okada and Ishii, they're getting so excited talking about all the big spots :3:

Yeah I stopped listening after a minute and was like "I gotta see this drat match"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You definitely need to see that match!

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

...Did Jericho hack Dave's Twitter somehow?

It's a McGregor quote. No idea what he means by it, though.

Glad they're heaping praise on Okada/Ishii, because that's probably the best match I've seen since Wrestle Kingdom. Good stuff.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Skjorte posted:

It's a McGregor quote. No idea what he means by it, though.

Glad they're heaping praise on Okada/Ishii, because that's probably the best match I've seen since Wrestle Kingdom. Good stuff.

Dave was quoting the awesome post-fight interview with the Swedish dude last night. It's literally just him live tweeting watching a fight night so I have no idea why rovert posted it.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
because its funny

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Dave was quoting the awesome post-fight interview with the Swedish dude last night. It's literally just him live tweeting watching a fight night so I have no idea why rovert posted it.

Ahhh. The Swedes are my people's natural enemy, so I tuned it out. (Just watched it now, and yeah, I'd forgotten he was on McGregor's team on TUF. He even did the laugh after quoting him, but it wasn't enough to get the bonus :()

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"How many other minis are in the Hall of Fame?"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Gooood news everyone~

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/762435371384709120

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aw, I thought they had more than 20 listeners, at least when including Bryan himself.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bryan is an audiophile.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"She's a babyface, but her character is that she's a whore"

"Miss Elizabeth she is not."

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
http://wps.ablongman.com/wps/media/objects/133/136299/stumodel.pdf

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Very pleased reading that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I want to know how many snowflakes Smooth Movin’ Sam(c) vs. Wild Wilma from FMW-USA received tho.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...what?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
this week's LAW seems like a bad upload, audio silence after around 10 minutes. Really jonesin for some Rick in Toronto at work over here

thankyouforyourtimegoodbye

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Sometimes WOL is worth listening to. Bryan mentioned that 2007 RAWs have been uploaded to the network, but that the Chris Benoit tribute episode was replaced by a compilation episode.

During the next segment he read a text from someone with the explanation that "it was thrown together by someone in back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The compilation episode is what aired in non-US markets IIRC

• Locked thread