Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

and, their headsets...if you really want to hate yuo life with 8 people on a laptop yelling into chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wrong thead ehheeh

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I installed the Windows 10 anniversary update on my desktop computer and now it no longer boots. throws a stop error (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) every startup. microsoft's page on this error says i'll need a debugger to diagnose it

Whizbat!
Jan 22, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

the adapter supports up to 8 controllers

but only one at a time.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

when i try to boot into safe mode it just restarts silently

startup repair fails as does sfc /scannow

good

job

msft

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
must be a pirated copy

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

infernal machines posted:

must be a pirated copy

nope, it's a Free and Legal Copy of Windows Ten

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no, it's clearly not, because if it were it would be working perfectly and entirely without ads

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I did the windows 10 anniversary update and now all my settings and documents are gone. what the hell???

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I did the windows 10 anniversary update and now all my settings and documents are gone. what the hell???

u have 2 be careful with gentoo upgrades m8

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
beta tested in the future

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i've done the windows 10 anniversary update on two computers and both of them continued to operate perfectly

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

no. all your files are exactly where you left them.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the anniversary update won't hit wsus until like the 16th so most of the bugs should be ironed out by then

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i did an upgrade and migration off the insider program on a tablet just fine, but my desktop tried to install, failed, gave no error log, rolled back, then successfully installed but then reverted to generic display drivers until i reinstalled them

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i reverted to the previous build and it works fine

now it's telling me it wants to restart to install the anniversary update
i'm in hell

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Only the finest artisinally sourced off-screen pics

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Well, the chrome vs edge thing is true. Which is odd since Google is the apex of web browsing bit Microsoft is the cool kid of operating systems

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm the matrix wallpaper in tyool 2016

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
im the dirt and poo poo on the monitor

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

TjyvTompa posted:

im the dirt and poo poo on the monitor

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

I installed the Windows 10 anniversary update on my desktop computer and now it no longer boots. throws a stop error (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) every startup. microsoft's page on this error says i'll need a debugger to diagnose it

thank u Microsoft for trying 2 improve everyones windows experience.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cardboard Box A posted:

chome is trash for idiots and that message is legit.

Feb 24, 2013

i updated windows 10 and now my computer takes slightly longer to log in, thats my story, thank you for reading it.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

~My Windows 10 Story~

I'm still using Windows 7 and it works great! :dukedog:

Thx 4 reading

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
upgraded my desktop at work to anniversary and now it runs faster because it removed some of the poo poo HP had pre-installed

thanks microsoft!

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

I think the Xbox/Blu-Ray thing is because MS doesn't pay the BD license for every console sold, just the ones that use the Blu-Ray features, so that's why they want you online and signed in.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

I think the Xbox/Blu-Ray thing is because MS doesn't pay the BD license for every console sold, just the ones that use the Blu-Ray features, so that's why they want you online and signed in.

monty release the daala!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

The Xbox 360 did the same thing with H.264 playback, except it worked offline after the initial free decoder "purchase".

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

atomicthumbs posted:

(CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED_ON_THE_WAY_TO_ITS_HOME_PLANET)

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Windows 10 anniversary trip report

Main PC now Hangs with unhappy face every 5 minutes of use. Macos Sierra working perfectly on macbook. More to come

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
still zero crashes on either of my machines. everything works perfectly.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Would you say it just works?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Sagebrush posted:

still zero crashes on either of my machines. everything works perfectly.

same

10 is good

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

necrotic posted:

same

10 is good

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

necrotic posted:

same

10 is good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

necrotic posted:

same

10 is good

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

necrotic posted:

same

10 is good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

incoherent posted:

Would you say it just works?

yeah, pretty much. today i found an old hard drive sitting in a box, thought *shrug* okay, i could use an extra 320gb of scratch space or whatever, popped open my antec mid-tower, stuck it in an empty bay, plugged it in and It Just Worked. total time about 4 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

necrotic posted:

same

10 is good

• Locked thread