Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"If elected, I'll make Mike Pence president!" is a good way to get Indiana to go blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

I'm sorry thread but fine, I'll bite: what do you mean by communists?

Communist means anti-American. How else can you describe an organized group that is condoning and adbocating for further foreign attacks upon American institutions in order to advance a political agenda?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Artist Scott LoBaido set them straight. The flaming mass was "Patriotic Lawn T," a work of art he created several months ago as a 12-foot-high tribute to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, he explained.

“I am angered and sad that a depraved individual, who clearly has no respect for the rights of others, set the sign aflame in the middle of the night while the family who owns it lay sleeping in their home only feet away from the fire, LoBaido said.

It's interesting that the "artist" insisted that it was a PATRIOTIC LAWN T" entirely unprompted. That's a new excuse though, the last person who hosed up their kkk tribute that I saw called it a "burning cross display"

EDIT: Ah here it is http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/florida-man-sets-self-fire-while-setting-burning-cross-display-f8C11407589

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Communist means anti-American. How else can you describe an organized group that is condoning and adbocating for further foreign attacks upon American institutions in order to advance a political agenda?

Republicans.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

smg77 posted:

This is how you can tell that John Kasich is smarter than Mike Pence. Anybody who actually thinks they are going to be shadow president is a moron.

Not disputing the facts alleged but Pence also was a no name and a VP nod is his chance for future contender status in 2020.. Kasich did well enough he doesnt need that boost.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

quote:

Firefighters initially thought they were dealing with a trash fire early Sunday morning on the front lawn of a Staten Island residence.
well...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Not disputing the facts alleged but Pence also was a no name and a VP nod is his chance for future contender status in 2020.. Kasich did well enough he doesnt need that boost.

Pence is a betrayer who got chaos dunked on by liberals on RFRA twice and turbo-anti-choice laws once despite living in a red rear end state. He also suckled at the teat of Obamacare.

He won't make it past the 2020 primary

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

My Imaginary GF posted:

They're fascists, not communists, MIGF. At least communists pretend to give a poo poo about poor people.

Edit: ignoring for a moment that "communist" means a particular ideology and platform, not "person you don't like who is supposedly anti-American." Besides, being a fascist is far worse, and also an accurate description for the modern Republican Party.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 8, 2016

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I've skimmed the last 8 pages and I've determined that weekends are just the worst for USPOL. So I went out and biked around my brand new city, have a cool photo I grabbed a little while ago gentle goons (disclaimer: I'm a terrible photographer):

Boon fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 8, 2016

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Yeah who would vote for Pence? Trump supporters will flee from his visage and tremble with rage at the sound of his voice because he reminds them of the Great Crying. He'll be shunned by everyone else for being on the 2016 ticket.

I guess his kids will vote for him, maybe his wife. That's it.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Congress originates legislation. You got a problem with Clinton? Run for Congress ya lazy gently caress.

Please don't encourage Goons to run for Congress. I have enough problems with "Some Dude"s waking up one day and deciding they want to be a Congressman. I'm the guy who has to pound into their skulls exactly what that entails.

My Imaginary GF posted:

'Precedent' is meaningless when it gets in the way of loving winning.

More to the point, this "precedent" comes up roughly once or twice a century, right? And there's a 50/50 chance that by the time this comes up again in 2080 that we're the ones who'd benefit from this as an effort to keep Eugene Scalia Jr off the bench until North West can appoint someone better?

Night10194 posted:

Mike Pence really does not seem to be an especially smart man.

Wasn't he in trouble for re-election before getting picked? Like in the hypothetical world where it was Trump/Gingrinch or whatever, wouldn't he be getting godstomped right now?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

The 90's sound like a very frustrating time to have been politically aware and not a conservative head-job.

Edit: And by the 90's I mean "all of time"

The thing is that "sex with interns" wasn't really seen as being as bad then as it is now. Like the 90s was probably closer to Mad Men sort of attitudes about that than today is.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Jackson Taus posted:

More to the point, this "precedent" comes up roughly once or twice a century, right? And there's a 50/50 chance that by the time this comes up again in 2080 that we're the ones who'd benefit from this as an effort to keep Eugene Scalia Jr off the bench until North West can appoint someone better?
It will come up roughly every four times a SCOTUS Justice is nominated to the court. That's assuming it's a real precedent and no additional criteria where the Senate and the Presidency have to be held by different parties.

Thing is there is no real precedent no matter what happens, and everyone knows it. If the GOP holds the Senate and the Presidency during some future election-year vacancy, everyone knows they will not wait for the election to put a Justice there. Same for the Democrats, of course. However, if in the near future this situation comes up again, where there is a Democrat in the WH and a Republican Senate, the GOP will have more cover to pull this poo poo again with even less blowback.

Having said that, in light of the fact that there is almost no blowback for what they've done and people mostly don't give a poo poo :negative: I guess "precedent" doesn't matter all that much. Garland should still withdraw after the election though, for the other reasons I mentioned.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
Just remember how quick the country turned in the wake of all of that and Gary Condit was turborailroaded for committing the crime of having an intern, Chandra Levy, go missing and turn up dead.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Precedent means absolutely nothing except when it gives someone an excuse to rules-lawyer, then it becomes the most important thing in the universe.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Kilroy posted:

It will come up roughly every four times a SCOTUS Justice is nominated to the court. That's assuming it's a real precedent and no additional criteria where the Senate and the Presidency have to be held by different parties.

Thing is there is no real precedent no matter what happens, and everyone knows it. If the GOP holds the Senate and the Presidency during some future election-year vacancy, everyone knows they will not wait for the election to put a Justice there. Same for the Democrats, of course. However, if in the near future this situation comes up again, where there is a Democrat in the WH and a Republican Senate, the GOP will have more cover to pull this poo poo again with even less blowback.

Having said that, in light of the fact that there is almost no blowback for what they've done and people mostly don't give a poo poo :negative: I guess "precedent" doesn't matter all that much. Garland should still withdraw after the election though, for the other reasons I mentioned.

Nobody cares because of the double standard. White suburbanites will nod their heads sagely at the wisdom of a "lame duck President" not being allowed to finish out his term, but if the roles were reversed and Dems were holding a Republican nominee hostage there would be riots.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Boon posted:

I've skimmed the last 8 pages and I've determined that weekends are just the worst for USPOL. So I went out and biked around my brand new city, have a cool photo I grabbed a little while ago gentle goons (disclaimer: I'm a terrible photographer):

Welcome, it'll be nice here for another 3 months.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Just been debunked

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/08/07/cnns-brian-stelter-puts-the-hillary-stairs-photo-in-context/

quote:

According to CNN’s Brian Stelter, it’s a photo from February 24 in South Carolina and Hillary had just slipped when the photo was taken

Though it's already out on the idiotsphere:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Turns out George P Bush has no spine.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/politics/george-p-bush-donald-trump-jeb-bush/index.html

Hopefully when he runs for Governor an ad is used against him saying "He wouldn't stand up for his own Parents, how can he be relied on to stand up for you?"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

"It's a T for Trump, but you know, it also stand for tolerance," Pirozzolo told NBC 4 New York. "It stands for think about the situation we're in."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sir Tonk posted:

"It's a T for Trump, but you know, it also stand for tolerance," Pirozzolo told NBC 4 New York. "It stands for think about the situation we're in."

It stands for Trash lives here (on this whole island)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I don't even care about the whole Trump angle; if one of my neighbors put a big eyesore like that up on their lawn, I'd love to shake the hand of the person who burned it down.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Eifert Posting posted:

The real question is how could you turn the name "Hillary Clinton" into the name for an ork warboss? Seems a stretch however you cut it.

Killary Rod n' Hammer Krushton

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Kilroy posted:

Nah - it'd only come up every fourth time a justice *dies*. It wouldn't be an issue for justices who retire, because they could retire in a different year.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Neither one of them can get through a GOP primary as long as the GOP is in it's current form. Pence was facing a competitive reelection fight and was offered the chance to run the country behind the scenes and jumped at it

Mister Adequate posted:

Still waiting for it to come to GOG :smith:

I know what you mean...I spent a lot of time playing Shadow President when I was in high school. I'd like to take this chance to apologize for nuking :canada: almost every time played.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAKmtfTe2rc

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

For GOP chosen justices, retirement is death

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

QuarkJets posted:

Justice should never retire in America, unless asked by a Democratic POTUS.

Gonna be awesome to see Clinton's three POTUS nominees be the youngest ever. Let the R's stall for a few years; we can find younger.

Give us the House and we can even make avoiding impeachment of every R Senator apart of the deal. When your party supports foreign attacks on American institutions, maybe your party shouldn't exist.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

Also insert photo of old unhealthy Trump stuffing himself with greasy food while maintaining he's the healthiest person in the history of the world.

Pretty sure on an 'unflattering photo with less makeup' contest Trump loses to Hillary too.

edit: I'm kinda surprised he hasn't had a heart attack actually. He's unhealthy, old, has been taking amphetamine diet pills for years (decades?), eats poorly, and gets incoherently angry all the time.

Don't forget the chemical cocktails he uses for The Hair and The Orange(which might be a combination of both spray tan and a tanning bed.)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

Don't forget the chemical cocktails he uses for The Hair and The Orange(which might be a combination of both spray tan and a tanning bed.)

Maybe he's stumbled across the most powerful medical treatment known to man via being the dumbest rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: I mean penicillin came from someone leaving their dirty science dishes out so it's not like medicine hasn't been advanced by stupidity before

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 8, 2016

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

This election is beyond parody.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

My Imaginary GF posted:

Justice should never retire in America, unless asked by a Democratic POTUS.

Gonna be awesome to see Clinton's three POTUS nominees be the youngest ever. Let the R's stall for a few years; we can find younger.

Give us the House and we can even make avoiding impeachment of every R Senator apart of the deal. When your party supports foreign attacks on American institutions, maybe your party shouldn't exist.

I'm liking what I'm hearing here.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

His response is almost literally 'the T just got 10 feet taller'. Too perfect

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

For our right-wing lich kings, the gop is their phylactery

Sir Tonk posted:

I still love the idea that he got so mad about the firemen calling his dangerous and apparently extremely flammable burning cross "T" a junk pile that he just burst out with "IT'S A PATRIOT T" and then, after a moment, "IT ALSO MEANS TOLERANCE"

good job man, nobody will suspect you now. it's not like a big pile of junk that just so happens to look exactly like a symbol of a hate group when lit on fire, that you built in your yard, is in any way incriminating.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 8, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

One of my cousins is basically spamming facebook with Alex Jones and other crazy-as-gently caress stuff, including things like "DNC INSIDER SAYS CLINTON ACTUALLY PROJECTED TO LOSE IN LANDSLIDE TO TRUMP!!!!!!" and the dumb "Assange has proof Hilary sold weapons to ISIS and can be charged" kind of crazy poo poo. Hopefully Clinton obliterates Trump in November so I can watch the meltdown from a safe distance.

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm wondering why they even care about Hillary's mortality. If she goes then loaf of white bread gets to be president.

America's Goofy Dad would have an even bigger lead in the polls because ~Clinton Scandals~ wouldn't be a thing to that could drag him down at all. Plus the debates would be That Drunken rear end in a top hat At Parties vs The Goofball Dad Who Tells Corny Jokes But Actually Knows His poo poo.

Yinlock posted:

For our right-wing lich kings, the gop is their phylactery

I think you mean wight-wing :drac:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

greatn posted:

If Snowden had any integrity at all he would be in jail. If he had a lot of integrity he'd be dead.

lol you dumbass

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sir Tonk posted:

That's literally a quote from Reno 911

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

My Imaginary GF posted:

When you look at the public health lit, its a pretty difficult issue. Like how the sudden availability of birth control was causative of the STD epidemics of the '50s and '60s: people are stupid, and when they think they're safe, they don't practice safe sex. Funding for more sex education will not lower the rate of Zika transmission. We just gotta face it: the south done gonna have to make abortion more widespread, or pay for the welfare babies.

If it means we can unite and once and for all destroy the foreign menace that is the mosquito, then bring on the zika.

Bip Roberts posted:

Welcome, it'll be nice here for another 3 months.

I like the cold :colbert:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
In 2020 Cruz will rear his blobby head as a contender. Then Trump will begin non-stop assaults on him. He may even show up to Town Halls and poo poo just to clown on him.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's literally a quote from Reno 911

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lg8sq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

To put those polls in context, Obama never had a +7 RCP lead over Romney and had it once over McCain.

• Locked thread