Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

so who thinks is gonna disband after this tournament? I think liquid will if they don't get top 8.

Secret (again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Every Chinese team

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
A bunch of teams are going to make roster changes but I don't think even Secret will end up with five different players. Unless maybe Navi and Secret both lose in BO1s and dendi/puppey get back together on Navi

TNC won't keep the roster they have

Wings will get chopped up and sold to the highest bidders (or, in my dream world, become the new DK with no roster changes)

EG will probably make a change because PPD seems to always think there is a plus change to be made

EHOME probably has at least one "retirement"

MVP may lose some ppl to military service

Fnatic never stays the same for very long. Mushi is old and they have been back and forth on who is captain, who plays what role, etc. Can't see them staying with this roster

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

emdash posted:

A bunch of teams are going to make roster changes but I don't think even Secret will end up with five different players. Unless maybe Navi and Secret both lose in BO1s and dendi/puppey get back together on Navi

I wouldn't be surprised if Escape fully disbands, the last iteration of Mouz-style.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Power of Pecota posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Escape fully disbands, the last iteration of Mouz-style.

I was just thinking they would be the only team that has already exceeded any possible expectation. But yeah, if it just wasn't meant to be a long-term team, that's a possibility

emdash fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 8, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

moush posted:

If the colorblind mode isn't pretty enough for regular people to enjoy it, then it is on Valve to improve it. League of Legends has pretty much made it so colorblind mode IS the default so there are no problems.

Can't gently caress up something that has never looked good, I guess.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
rtz has been playing great every game same this TI and envy/puppey are just pissing it away again

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
In a rare instance of somewhat good content on the dota2 reddit, posturegolem GoDz (who is in the top 10 in fantasy points) posted his strats for the Fantasy Challenge. This might be useful down the road since Valve will hopefully have the Fantasy Challenge for the majors too

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4wobsn/fantasy_challenge_guide_by_godz/

tl;dr: don't pick offlaners, pick two warding supports, on the final day of a group stage you should pick from teams that might go to tiebreaks, reds are "better" than silver/gold if the player is better (i.e. don't pick an offlaner just because they are silver/gold, go mid/safelane instead)

emdash fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 8, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Secret's roster depends a lot on how much their rich benefactor wants to give them presumably big salaries for streaming on Panda.tv and poo poo once they bomb out horribly.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ALSO, Valve has leased nine floors of a skyscraper set to open in May 2017, doubling the size of their HQ

In my dreams, this will result in more staff and better support for dota2

in reality, i'm already dehumanizing myself and facing to :valvebeta:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Brinner posted:

rtz has been playing great every game same this TI and envy/puppey are just pissing it away again

No he hasnt. He's had quite a few great games but he also had a couple of really bad ones.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Brinner posted:

My man, did you watch his void game

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, predictions on who will go home in shame 12 hours from now?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
4 of the Jimstack, VGR, Secret, LGD, Fnatic, Synd Gaming, Navi, or Liquid

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I know it doesn't mean anything (especially since I don't actually play dota anymore) but man does it suck seeing my fantasy point total with a missed day (I forgot to set a friday lineup) :(

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 8, 2016

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
whos ready for dota

i am, i am ready for dota

3 hours FUCKKK

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm already upset that the hungry, low tier casters like Annedroid aren't going to get any coverage in the group stage compared to lovely, complacent casters like goony orientalist LD and unwashed, speech-impeded Tobi

At the very least the Korean stream won't end up casting the 3rd/4th interesting games in the simultaneous broadcasts

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

emdash posted:

i'd be super surprised if that happens, the only reason to take puppey would be as captain, and sonneiko is actually doing a pretty good job of that.

quote:

EG will probably make a change because PPD seems to always think there is a plus change to be made
EG will have a roster change because fear will almost certainly retire.

in good news, ramzes, no[o]ne, 9pasha, solo and lil are together as the current iteration of VP, with solo captaining from the 4 position. hopefully they can show some decent results, i'm a pretty big lil fan.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

botany posted:

i'd be super surprised if that happens, the only reason to take puppey would be as captain, and sonneiko is actually doing a pretty good job of that.

yeah, it assumes that navi breaks up entirely because of the bo1 loss, which of course can't be said with any certainty

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Am constantly amazed every time I hear Tobis stupid loving voice that he's still getting paid to do this work. He has the voice of a single socially anxious guy trying too hard to be friendly at a party that you can't wait to find a socially acceptable reason to get away from. And gets paid to talk over games for a living

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

He has the voice of a single socially anxious guy trying too hard to be friendly at a party that you can't wait to find a socially acceptable reason to get away from.

oddly specific. anything you want to tell us about yourself, terrorist ambulance?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Always remember tobi was a theater nerd in school, it explains just about everything really

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

botany posted:

in good news, ramzes, no[o]ne, 9pasha, solo and lil are together as the current iteration of VP, with solo captaining from the 4 position. hopefully they can show some decent results, i'm a pretty big lil fan.

that's a very strong lineup and I look forward to watching it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

terrorist ambulance posted:

Am constantly amazed every time I hear Tobis stupid loving voice that he's still getting paid to do this work. He has the voice of a single socially anxious guy trying too hard to be friendly at a party that you can't wait to find a socially acceptable reason to get away from. And gets paid to talk over games for a living

This post is actually a pretty accurate description of the first EU hub

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Good morning Prota thread, I hope we are all ready for TI6. :coffeepal:

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Omni-gel superlube is great stuff!
Is there a list of matches scheduled for today? I'm finding it surprisingly hard to find one.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Putin It In Mah rear end posted:

Is there a list of matches scheduled for today? I'm finding it surprisingly hard to find one.

http://www.liquiddota.com/ see upcoming events on the right side. it's:

code:
match			time
OG vs MVP.P 		3h 1m
DC vs Wings 		6h 1m
TnC vs VG.R 		9h 1m
Secret vs LGD 		10h 1m
Fnatic vs Escape 	11h 1m
Na`Vi vs Liquid 	12h 1m

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
EU hub was bad

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Can't wait for xiao8 to retire again

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

This post is actually a pretty accurate description of the first EU hub

Pureauthor posted:

So, predictions on who will go home in shame 12 hours from now?

Can't go home. Gotta stay for the post TI reshuffling!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There should have been a compendium prediction for whether someone would get kicked before the event ends

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Majuju please add this to the 2P, TIA

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
what is the goon approved list of casters these days

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Brinner posted:

For real, as much as I slag on everyone all the time, everyone is watchable at least. I can sorta stomach Tobi+Cap even, if the games are good. Honestly I think I've gotten used to tuning them out. As long as it's not casted by Ayesee or Zyori, it's okay. Obviously I have my own list of preferred casters.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I liked EUHub, and whatever they called the hub in TI5 where everyone got together and had a good time. Did TI6 have any cool hubs?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brinner posted:

There probably isn't one but most people like KotL guy, paired with almost anyone, and the ODad cast

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I hope kotlguy casts on the main stage. I love that dude.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
GrandGrant during the qualifiers was good and fun for hyping up absolutely nothing plays, but I don't know if his casting would work for actual pro games. Otherwise there are a lot of casters that don't actively harm my enjoyment of the game, and then there are Zyori, Ayesee, and Slacks that make me want to cut my own ears off.

I don't actually mind Tobi outside of the confusion I get from his insistence on pronouncing certain words wrong, and Cap's failing of trying to fit too many words into a sentence is weird but not actively annoying. Kotlguy definitely deserves more casting time but he doesn't meme the way reddit wants so he doesn't get the attention he deserves.

Angrymantium fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 8, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The only caster I would mute anymore is ayesee :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

emdash posted:

yeah, it assumes that navi breaks up entirely because of the bo1 loss, which of course can't be said with any certainty

i suppose that's a possibility. i'd still prefer they stick with sonneiko and get rid of artstyle, but we'll see.

ElNarez posted:

that's a very strong lineup and I look forward to watching it

:hfive:

Brinner posted:

there is none, we cannot agree on anything in this thread, especially casters.

• Locked thread