Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This BYU guy is not legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
bill kristol has been too quiet this morning

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

mannerup posted:

bill kristol has been too quiet this morning

McMuffin/Krystal: the fast food ticket

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol that jon huntsman is too attached to his dignity to run a utah spoiler campaign. suck it up loser

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

gently caress you citizen, we have determined the firearms you prefer most are "ASSAULT WEAPONS" and are now banned. gently caress you citizen, you are not allowed to carry anymore unless you get one of our new permits which your friendly local Democrat police chief can deny you on a whim. gently caress you citizen, you must now report in your vehicle to a government facility for annual smog inspection. gently caress you citizen, you cannot so much as paint your fence a new color without paying shakedown money for a "permit" from your friendly local Democrat beaurocrat. gently caress you citizen, we bought votes with your tax money instead of paying for roads so you must now stop at toll booths and pay a fee to drive on public roads. gently caress you citizen, running a police state, watching your every move, and micromanaging every aspect of your life, which belongs to us, isn't cheap. We have raised your income taxes so we can afford to terrorize you. Except we'll just keep buying more votes instead of actually putting ourselves on sound financial footing.

-Life in a typical Democrat run hell-hole.

Unironically every word of this.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

I'm amazed you didn't call it the death tax.

How many people do you know, personally, that the estate tax affects/affected?

I would guess that estate tax could effect a reasonable percentage of boomers who live in high income, high real estate parts of the country. These states are mostly already blue (CA, CT, NY, MA, MD) but could work some in Florida. Dunno how many people who would be swayed by this aren't already voting republican.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Boosted_C5 posted:

btw this is what life in a Republican run hell-hole looks like:

http://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/oklahoma/recent

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Sardine Wit posted:

Oh no, not the firearms I prefer most!

People should die so I can have the gun I think is most neat. Motherfuckers can starve in the street I'm not paying another dollar for my lovely bronco

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Boosted_C5 posted:

gently caress you citizen, we have determined the firearms you prefer most are "ASSAULT WEAPONS" and are now banned. gently caress you citizen, you are not allowed to carry anymore unless you get one of our new permits which your friendly local Democrat police chief can deny you on a whim. gently caress you citizen, you must now report in your vehicle to a government facility for annual smog inspection. gently caress you citizen, you cannot so much as paint your fence a new color without paying shakedown money for a "permit" from your friendly local Democrat beaurocrat. gently caress you citizen, we bought votes with your tax money instead of paying for roads so you must now stop at toll booths and pay a fee to drive on public roads. gently caress you citizen, running a police state, watching your every move, and micromanaging every aspect of your life, which belongs to us, isn't cheap. We have raised your income taxes so we can afford to terrorize you. Except we'll just keep buying more votes instead of actually putting ourselves on sound financial footing.

have you considered joining the democratic party

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Can I safely assume Trump's economic plan is a grift system to fleece the poor and middle class?

And can I assume CNN will act like Trump is back in the game now?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheTatteredKing posted:

People should die so I can have the gun I think is most neat. Motherfuckers can starve in the street I'm not paying another dollar for my lovely bronco

i can't believe they're proposing legislation to ban picadoobys and bananazines or whatever other tactical bullshit I think is completely and entirely necessary for my hobby

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: that's a good joke from a bad poster

youre right it's very good by his standards

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

The dems aren't going to take your pea shooter boosty, relax.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I am happy with my equally effective non-military-style semiautomatic hunting rifle. I don't require the aesthetics of a Armalite knockoff to satisfy me.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Instead of wearing the hat, maybe Boosted could live in Oklahoma for a year?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

fart blood posted:

Can I safely assume Trump's economic plan is a grift system to fleece the poor and middle class?

And can I assume CNN will act like Trump is back in the game now?

Who on CNN or anywhere else pays attention to what policies the candidate actually espouses?

There will be some headline "Trump SLAMS Clinton economic policies in speech" and then people will go back to watching the Olympics and whatever else they do.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

exquisite tea posted:

True, but there's a lot of uncertainty as to how the Utah scenario will play out. Maybe this BYU guy is legit and will siphon away enough votes to throw the state to Johnson or Clinton, but who knows. The point is that Trump is way down in one state he desperately needs to win and decisively down in just about all the others. His campaign's best chance of winning is to go entirely negative on Clinton, hoping that something will break her soft support and get within striking distance of the popular vote on election day. But in order for that to happen, people will have to forget that the name at the top of the ticket is Donald Trump.

I hate to say this, but it's actually really, really hard for a male candidate to go hard negative on a female candidate and it has backfired for people in elections vs Clinton before. Considering his already tenuous footing with women I think that would be a disaster for his campaign.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Drunkboxer posted:

The dems aren't going to take your pea shooter boosty, relax.

Well, duh, he's gonna shoot the boogeyman with it so they can't take it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

has trump actually said anything about gun control?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Mirthless posted:

i can't believe they're proposing legislation to ban picadoobys and bananazines or whatever other tactical bullshit I think is completely and entirely necessary for my hobby

Ghost of Washington weeps every day that shotgun vertical foregrips are still banned.

Silencers are fine though!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

Well, duh, he's gonna shoot the boogeyman with it so they can't take it.

When they come to take Boosted's guns

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

democrat hell hole still sounds better than kansas

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

boosted, the meekest of all creatures, has handed or will most likely hand over his guns in advance

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemme tell you, everyone is taking this new candidate deadly seriously

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

deathbysnusnu posted:

Instead of wearing the hat, maybe Boosted could live in Oklahoma for a year?

That's not a nice thing to suggest.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Trump's plan sucks and isn't entertaining. get rid of pence and all this establishment crap already

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

McMullin's twitter account now states he's running for president, and he has a campaign logo:

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Boosted_C5 posted:

Looks like Boosted short circuited.

floppo
Aug 24, 2005
woooooo
http://www.evanmcmullin.com/

bullets cure cops
Feb 3, 2006
AR's are boring guns for boring people.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Who on CNN or anywhere else pays attention to what policies the candidate actually espouses?

There will be some headline "Trump SLAMS Clinton economic policies in speech" and then people will go back to watching the Olympics and whatever else they do.

I was just looking for an excuse to bash CNN.

I hate CNN.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I think this is more like it honestly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIBXSxvjuqM

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
lmao here we go

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well it's a better rollout than lyingcrookedhillary.com

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

"Created with NationBuilder"

http://nationbuilder.com/

there is actually a political-site-in-a-box app called nationbuilder

lol nothing matters

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Also, speaking of media:

Normally on Raw Story, every monday morning, the top story of John Oliver and how he "shredded" something on his main story, usually some sort of corruption or GOP shenanigans.

However, last night's main story was how journalism is dying because print news is being replaced by integrated media generators that rely on clickbait and views rather than actual news.

Gee, Raw Story doesn't have a story about what John Oliver said last night.

I wonder why.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

I would guess that estate tax could effect a reasonable percentage of boomers who live in high income, high real estate parts of the country. These states are mostly already blue (CA, CT, NY, MA, MD) but could work some in Florida. Dunno how many people who would be swayed by this aren't already voting republican.

cost basis for real estate when you die is the price you paid for it and not current market value so it's likely an issue for most older people who last bought property before it skyrocketed

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Lum_ posted:

"Created with NationBuilder"

http://nationbuilder.com/

there is actually a political-site-in-a-box app called nationbuilder

lol nothing matters

lol, considering vvv

zoux posted:

Well it's a better rollout than lyingcrookedhillary.com

They were too cheap they couldn't buy the software? lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

fart blood posted:

Also, speaking of media:

Normally on Raw Story, every monday morning, the top story of John Oliver and how he "shredded" something on his main story, usually some sort of corruption or GOP shenanigans.

However, last night's main story was how journalism is dying because print news is being replaced by integrated media generators that rely on clickbait and views rather than actual news.

Gee, Raw Story doesn't have a story about what John Oliver said last night.

I wonder why.

what was oliver's story last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

StashAugustine posted:

what was oliver's story last night?

how journalism is dying because print news is being replaced by integrated media generators that rely on clickbait and views rather than actual news.

• Locked thread