Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

vyelkin posted:

it's suspicious how much these numbers line up with each other. There's surely some overlap, but it looks an awful lot like the people who think one candidate is unqualified think the other one is qualified

That's what I noticed, and why I asked the question. Thanks for checking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Who the gently caress is Evan McMullin?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

A career CIA officer who has never held elected office apparently :wtc:

This is barely news, it's just Buzzfeed trying to get clicks.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

So lol is in fact the correct response. Man I was really hoping it was Cruz

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vyelkin posted:

A career CIA officer who has never held elected office apparently :wtc:

This is barely news, it's just Buzzfeed trying to get clicks.

It made it on Morning Joe, so I'll give Buzzfeed a pass on this.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It'll be hilarious if Trump bites and derails on it, though.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I wonder how many people are like "I wanna be a Washington inside when I grow up." Vs how many of them just sorta slowly lose their dreams and soul over time and end up as insiders

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The Buzzfeed article is trying to pretend it's a big deal because he's apparently the policy director for the House Republican caucus and they think he could draw in some big Republican donors who don't want to give to Trump. They also think that as a graduate from Brigham Young University he could sway some voters in Utah, though they don't actually say whether he's a Mormon himself or not.

Personally I hope big money Republican donors throw away billions of dollars on a useless third party candidate who will get 0.1% of the vote and not even appear on half the state ballots. It's the economic stimulus America needs.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Night10194 posted:

It'll be hilarious if Trump bites and derails on it, though.

I'd say that's likely it any of the bigger news orgs give this any airtime

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/762631811251970049

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/762632334134968320

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only lesson I'm getting from this election is that an ignorant blowhard rear end in a top hat virtuoso like Trump can still get like 30-40% of the country behind him. I'm never going to look at the average guy on the street in America the same way again.

It's like a flashback to myself after the 2004 election. (Although really after the Clinton impeachment nonsense, but moreso after re-electing W.)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I wonder how many people are like "I wanna be a Washington inside when I grow up." Vs how many of them just sorta slowly lose their dreams and soul over time and end up as insiders

Considering how you already have to focus test your platform to even get elected I'm sure most are aware of the reality of politics in advance. Like there's no way you survive the fundraising and election process with your ideals intact.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't tell who looks more like an inbred hillbilly, Tom Cotton or Trey Gowdy

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Some random non-entity. More specifically he's the "policy director" for the House Republican Conference, which is a hilarious idea and I wonder what he actually does all day.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/MAGA_Mack/status/762499582320254976

wait. . . you mean to tell me. . . you can show advertisements DURING the olympics? :monocle:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I live in Illinois and I get Hillary ads during the Olympics. That poo poo is everywhere.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oh my god

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Guys last night I saw an ad for Bill Cole the republican governor candidate and he actually no poo poo had trump in his ad and said with him and trump as a team they'd save coal.

Like Jim "jobs jobs jobs" Justice is stupid but holy poo poo he's the clear choic

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vyelkin posted:

I live in Illinois and I get Hillary ads during the Olympics. That poo poo is everywhere.

I see more Ryan and Johnson ads than Hillary ads. Ryan is pretty much safe, whereas Johnson has been running the same drat ad (in two different forms!) attacking Feingold for voting against the PATRIOT act for months now.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

vyelkin posted:

Yup. If I watched the Olympics, I'm sure I'd see some, since I live within range of Virginia NBC stations.

Just amazing to see those two Trump delusions--"polls are meaningless!" and "you can't get americans' attention during the olympics!"--in one tweet thread

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/evan-mcmullin-2016-presidential-run-226784

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/762635129344892928

:lol:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

iospace posted:

I see more Ryan and Johnson ads than Hillary ads. Ryan is pretty much safe, whereas Johnson has been running the same drat ad (in two different forms!) attacking Feingold for voting against the PATRIOT act for months now.

Why the hell would you attack someone for voting AGAINST the PATRIOT act?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Why the hell would you attack someone for voting AGAINST the PATRIOT act?

Easy: you don't say it was the PATRIOT act. That's Johnson's trick here, he says Feingold was the only person to vote against a post-9/11 law "giving law enforcement the tools they need to fight terrorism".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bashez posted:

People seem to be going nuts over the diazepam and Hillary having seizures stuff.

Just when you think this election can't get any weirder.

It's pretty telling. The "Hillary supported ISIS via a french cement company" line of attack died pretty quickly.

Now all they have is just concern trolling about her health.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Saw them in Boston area. Could be targeting NH, could be a nationwide buy?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/762636753639464960
:vince:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OddObserver posted:

Likely a national buy with some targeted stuff thrown in. If you're going to national buy, Olympics and nationally televised football games are what you want to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary already is planning to block out Trump from the latter, or has already.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OddObserver posted:

I get them on Hulu all the time

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Administrations have hundreds of officials and WaPo won't let me view the article, who is it?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

It's a really bad look!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

emdash posted:

wait. . . you mean to tell me. . . you can show advertisements DURING the olympics? :monocle:

Imagine computers don't exist, is there any evidence that Google is a website???

Imagine that eyes don't exist, is there any evidence that I robbed that bank????

Imagine pants don't exist, is there any evidence that I'm not naked right now???

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Administrations have hundreds of officials and WaPo won't let me view the article, who is it?
Incognito my friend.

quote:

Lezlee Westine, a former aide to President George W. Bush, will support Hillary Clinton for president.

Westine, who served as the Bush administration's White House director of public liaison and deputy assistant to the president, is one of several Republican figures to publicly announce their support for Clinton in recent weeks.

“Our nation faces a unique set of challenges that require steady and experienced leadership," Westine said in a statement. "That is why today I am personally supporting Hillary Clinton.

"She has the expertise and commitment to American values to grow the economy, create jobs and protect America at home and abroad," she said.

Westine did not say why she would not support Trump

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spaced God posted:

Incognito my friend.

Ah thanks.

I was hoping it would be Condi. Guess there's still time.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
What if I told you that you were unable to perceive ideology? How would you know the difference between the fake conservative and the real one?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

What if I told you that you were unable to perceive ideology? How would you know the difference between the fake conservative and the real one?

the 'they live' glasses

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

You didn't coin "dudebro", Al Giordano you nutcase.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I disavow, okay? I disavow.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Man, I somewhat regret not watching this show back when it was on.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

emdash posted:

Throw away evidence that can actually predict anything and then how does Hillary look? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Mr Interweb posted:

Man, I somewhat regret not watching this show back when it was on.

One of the best shows ever imho

• Locked thread