Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Up until Secret Wars they were still operating as a team, but without their own book they didn't show up much.

Victor is in Vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Up until Secret Wars they were still operating as a team, but without their own book they didn't show up much.

Victor is in Vision.

He was in Avengers AI and is currently on robot drugs

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

He was in Avengers AI and is currently on robot drugs

Vic is busy being the cool uncle for Vision's kids.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Vic is busy being the cool uncle for Vision's kids.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Molly Hayes is underused. She should be Deadpool or Squirrel Girl's sidekick.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Molly Hayes is underused. She should be Deadpool or Squirrel Girl's sidekick.

I vote Gwenpool!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or they could just find the right creative team and relaunch Runaways.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Rhyno posted:

Just bring back the team from the Secret Wars series. Noelle Stevenson writes teens perfectly, and the art matched the tone really well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But those weren't the characters people want to see.

Edit: Oh duh, wrong 'team' context.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Nico is in A-Force at the moment.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sister Grimm is such a terribly, terribly bad superhero name and Nico Minoru is such a great name I'm always super loving bummed whenever I see her referred to the former over the latter.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The fact that some people unironically think the terrible names that they came up with for themselves and then said 'nah that's dumb we should not do that dumb stuff, no costumes or superhero names' should be used instead of the character names...

It just astounds me. The whole section where people 'chose' their superhero names was followed with them saying 'and now we'll never use them'.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Or that, yes.

On the other hand, I kind of hate it when a character, like Nico, who has been "promoted" to another team comes back to the JV team they came from See: New Mutants for a great example of this. I... kind of hate all of the New Mutants.

I know everything resets every couple years (except for Generation X, one of the books that got me into collecting, and since I liked it it had to tank and make everyone underutilized or dead except maybe M. Sure, Husk and Chamber show up every so often, but...) but it's kind of annoying when a reset erases good character development.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I've mentioned this before, but unlike DC I don't really consider there to be a lot of "demotion" in the 616 outside of "Is/is not in the Adjectiveless Avengers", considering unlike DC the various teams usually serve different functions or have different focuses, and further unlike DC the Avengers have a hard cap on the max number of members they can have, where in comparison the Justice League is more of a governmental body/club you gain membership to after proving yourself in Teen/Titans/JLI/JLA/Young Justice/etc

The various Avengers teams seem more like jobs, with different focuses and areas of operation, so it's not necessarily regressive to character development to go somewhere else. And, either way, I always considered Runaways to be the "gently caress the Avengers" Avengers team, eliminating the trappings of Avengers like codenames and public accountability and visibility to do their own thing, the team you join when you're well and truly sick of superhero poo poo but still want to help people. So Nico going back there wouldn't, to me, be a demotion, especially if they played it where she quits A-Force over some ideological disagreement.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

the Avengers have a hard cap on the max number of members they can have

Hickman's Avengers didn't.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Since when have they ever? Or this some like Englehardt-era story hook that hasn't mattered since the 70s?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look there's only so many chairs, and even when you put it in the card people still don't bring their own.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

Since when have they ever? Or this some like Englehardt-era story hook that hasn't mattered since the 70s?

I think it was the Michelinie / Layton / Shooter era in the late 1970s. The government revokes their various clearances until they make some changes, including cutting the official membership down to seven.

The only other time I think it was sort of an issue was near the start of the Busiek / Pérez run, but that was because they had too many Avengers to be practical.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hickman's Avengers didn't.

That was cool and my favorite part of his run. I love the idea of "once an avenger always an avenger".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think it was the Michelinie / Layton / Shooter era in the late 1970s. The government revokes their various clearances until they make some changes, including cutting the official membership down to seven.

The only other time I think it was sort of an issue was near the start of the Busiek / Pérez run, but that was because they had too many Avengers to be practical.

I don't know for sure but I think once the Avengers disassembled and reformed, they no longer had the same kind of official capacity and structure that they once had. It was a bit of a reboot for the team's dynamics, reborn as a more private organization (as if that was a good thing).

Of course you could say that Bendis just didn't care or know about that aspect of the team's history and just ignored it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Busiek's run followed the UN Sanction rules of 7 active members and 2 reserve members for the first 25 issues or so, maybe a bit longer.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
All-New All-New Ghost Rider series returns :supaburn:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wow, what could possibly have prompted them to do this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

Wow, what could possibly have prompted them to do this.

A tv show you do not like. I'm glad it is still on the air because of this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

not tradd moore on art and felipe smith still writing

pass

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

The art is, uh. Hm.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is the best news ever

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

WAR FOOT posted:

The art is, uh. Hm.
Completely awesome? Yeah, I agree. :buddy:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I haven't finished it yet but the ANAD Avengers annual #1 is a pretty nice distraction from the seriousness of Civil War 2.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whats the event after cw2

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men for those two and Dead No More for Spideys.
The Avengers side has new comics and teams to develop first, I suppose. Give 'em five months.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 10, 2016

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SynthOrange posted:

Whats the event after cw2
The Whitewashing of Roberto Da Costa

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Anime_Otaku posted:

I haven't finished it yet but the ANAD Avengers annual #1 is a pretty nice distraction from the seriousness of Civil War 2.

The fanfic extravaganza was good, the only one I didn't care for was the Duck Amok She-Hulk.

And ANAD Avengers was the best sort of CW2 tie-in, one that had gently caress all to do with event.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men for those two and Dead No More for Spideys.
The Avengers side has new comics and teams to develop first, I suppose. Give 'em five months.

I can't wait for the Inhumans to kill all of the X-Men forever and for them to reveal that Wolverine was always an Inhuman and not a mutant.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

irlZaphod posted:

The Whitewashing of Roberto Da Costa

That event has been going on for twenty years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brazilians are white as far as America is concerned.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really don't think that's true.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
I know this gets said every month but "Vision........."

Gonna miss this book when it's gone

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Brazilians are white as far as America is concerned.

You've got that backwards. A lot of Brazilians consider themselves white compared to other Brazilians, but if they came to America they wouldn't be white enough.It's an interesting study in how whiteness is a made up idea that poisons societies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

trashbuilder posted:

I know this gets said every month but "Vision........."

Gonna miss this book when it's gone

I never get tired or saying or hearing how awesome Vision it. It's a complete delight. I hadn't read any of Tom king's work before as I'd been shunning DC due to it's general shititude and didn't expect anyone to do anything exciting with Vision. I've never been happier to be so wrong.

• Locked thread