Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
Unless they completely change how things work, alchs and chaos should work just fine so long as you have an item with a high enough ilevel. There's a decent chance those mods will only be able to be rolled on items you find in mid to high level maps. The regal and exalt sink part comes in when people spend obscene amounts of currency trying to make perfect rares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
considering how the last two leagues went I assume the extra crafting will be handled by some sort of token currency, call them atlas pages or whatever

collect them while mapping, turn them in together with a rare at an NPC to get an Exalt-like but deterministic (or a list of) craft

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mince Pieface posted:

I'm guessing that's mostly useful for bosses? Or do you not one-shot everything offscreen?

Its quite good for anything. I use it mostly to run atziri and uber atziri. I didn't think i would do well when i first tried uber, but it was one of my cleanest runs ever. I killed the vaal oversouls before they finished spawning their first wave of adds. The trio was hilariously easy, and i only had some deaths to atziri before of a ping spike and two stupid mistakes on my part. I played tshot years ago in standard with a mirrored bow and really good gear and it didnt do as much damage as this build does.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Reach and Toxic Delivery are both pretty loving crazy, to be fair.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

funmanguy posted:

Its quite good for anything. I use it mostly to run atziri and uber atziri. I didn't think i would do well when i first tried uber, but it was one of my cleanest runs ever. I killed the vaal oversouls before they finished spawning their first wave of adds. The trio was hilariously easy, and i only had some deaths to atziri before of a ping spike and two stupid mistakes on my part. I played tshot years ago in standard with a mirrored bow and really good gear and it didnt do as much damage as this build does.

What do you use for charge generation against Atziri?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

The league should be particularly exciting for players who enjoy crafting rare items
the 1% now becomes the 0.1%!

Exciting news, when will they fix the map overlay or remove cruel?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I imagine Cruel goes away in 3.0, because that'd involve a rather massive change to the game (new act, re-balancing level progression, changing quest rewards, etc.)

The map overlay could be better and if they're going to insist on doing full clear challenges give me a loving arrow for the last few mobs :argh:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
whats wrong with the map, other than not pointing out the last guy

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

whats wrong with the map, other than not pointing out the last guy

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Yeah but who is even still playing d3? Nobody on my bnet friends the day a new season started, that's who.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Whoever took that pic needs to turn their opacity down. That spot looks bad but overall I think the map is good

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Grizlor posted:

Yeah but who is even still playing d3? Nobody on my bnet friends the day a new season started, that's who.

Exactly they got a good map that nobody is using, we could steal it from them

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

voltron lion force posted:

overall I think the map is good

you're insane

the map files are literally separate images wireframed and downscaled from the map files

all they have to do is redraw them as basic outlines and not this garbage and the game suddenly gets more playable

e: I like how "d3 has a better map" turns into "oh yeah well no one is playing d3 :smuggo:"

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mortimer posted:

the map files are literally separate images wireframed and downscaled from the map files

Yeah that's what's cool about it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

voltron lion force posted:

Yeah that's what's cool about it

this is the coolest thing ive ever seen imho

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Grizlor posted:

my list was the opposite. Even I'm playing it. But I'm treating it like challenges in PoE. Going for the journeys to get that stash tab and also managed to be one of the first 1000 on the conquest list. Makes the game last a bit longer. That and having 40/40 in prophecy means PoE is kind of stale for me right now.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mortimer posted:

you're insane

all they have to do is redraw them as basic outlines and not this garbage and the game suddenly gets more playable

e: I like how "d3 has a better map" turns into "oh yeah well no one is playing d3 :smuggo:"
Does this mean it would be possible to edit the files and have a clearer map, or would it not let you connect to their servers?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stuntman posted:

Does this mean it would be possible to edit the files and have a clearer map, or would it not let you connect to their servers?

it would not let you connect

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mortimer posted:

Well like I said I would lower the opacity but otherwise yes extremely cool, good pic.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Mortimer posted:

holy poo poo a runic hatchet :eyepop:

Realtalk: some of PoE's maps are sufficiently annoying that I'm not sure you can make a particularly good overlay for them (Tidal Passage, for example - a bajillion twisty tiny corridors), but it could still be better than it is now, that's for sure.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
They also said 2.4 would be doing stuff with the end game. Hopefully it's not just crafting.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Give maps with bad layouts or low enemy counts an experience and quantity multiplier. The End.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
because of the insanely retarded feud between the goons who swore fealty to Blizzard and the goons who swore undying loyalty to Grinding Gear Games, you can't actually talk about one of the other game's features without

Grizlor posted:

happening. namasté.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

killstealing posted:

because of the insanely retarded feud between the goons who swore fealty to Blizzard and the goons who swore undying loyalty to Grinding Gear Games, you can't actually talk about one of the other game's features without

happening. namasté.

I'm a hella casual when it comes to poe. I play maybe 30h a league total.

I do play a lot of other games, and even before I started playing poe "who the hell even plays d3 anymore?" was something that was frequently said.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

but what does any of this have to do with the fact that PoE's map is atrocious lol, it´s not even a map, it's a bunch of mashed together wireframes. is that how you would make a map? just craft a scaled down replica of the scene out of chicken wire and then sit on it to flatten it down? is that how you make a map? nice freaking meltdown, dweeb. hope your stupid chicken wire map gives you rear end blisters.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

quote:

A few tidbits mentioned at the meetup include:

Prophecy will be rolled in the core game in 2.4.0. Details of how will be posted in the news later this week.
Largest-size hideouts will be able to hold all of your masters at once.
The new challenge league will "make rares great again".

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
all GMs in a hideaout = literally all of them will be 8 at the end of league :unsmith:

well all but Vorici xD

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

all GMs in a hideaout = literally all of them will be 8 at the end of league :unsmith:

well all but Vorici xD

I still think they're gonna follow that up by monkey pawing in 2 more master levels to get your max hideout.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

This isn't anything about a fued, or even hyperbole. I just happened to see the new season starting that day, checked my bnet friends to see who was playing (when it'd usually be 5-10 people at least 2 seacons ago) and literally 0 people were playing D3. The end.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I think the blood feud people have left this thread or barely post in it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Grizlor posted:

This isn't anything about a fued, or even hyperbole. I just happened to see the new season starting that day, checked my bnet friends to see who was playing (when it'd usually be 5-10 people at least 2 seacons ago) and literally 0 people were playing D3. The end.

cool, poe's map is still loving poo poo and another reason why it's a pain in the rear end to play even if the core gameplay loop is fun

J
Jun 10, 2001

The Real Foogla posted:

well all but Vorici xD

I'm hoping this comes with some sort of revamp on master rep gain and maybe the daily mission system.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
So based on the new league teasers I'm thinking a MF build might finally be in order.

Or do we still think that clear speed > mf?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

climboutonalimb posted:

So based on the new league teasers I'm thinking a MF build might finally be in order.

Or do we still think that clear speed > mf?

Think you can MF efficiently in red maps?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
mf mods of a good map > mf from mf gear iirc

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm okay with just running reds on a regular build and getting the currency to buy stuff. I'm okay with missing out on an insanely well rolled rare that would be otherwise unobtainable for me.

I do hope that they do something to make running reds profitable on the experience side though, I don't want to run Gorge forever (I don't but that doesn't change the narrative)

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Thanks for all the earlier advice about mapping. I'm building a slow-but-steady income stream and I'm way richer than I've ever been (which is still dirt poor compared to most of you, I'm certain).

I've been getting stuck on T9-T10 maps, though. I only see a handful of T11s, which always happen to be the Crematorium/Academy for some reason (had a Springs drop for me last night, only for the game to crash out and lose my map :v:), and have gotten two T12s to drop, ever. I've been chisel-ing anything T9 and above, and chisel+chaos-ing T11s and above (been aiming for 90+% IIQ or 80+% with packsize and non-scary mods). Any tips for getting over that speed bump, or does everyone pretty much have this problem?

So the other thing is survivability. Short of dangerous map mods, I can kill the Crematorium and Academy bosses without deaths, but they're often too close for comfort. Anything higher, I think I'll pretty much have to roll the ideal affixes. I'm currently CI with 8200 ES, which seems kind of low considering I've been seeing Facebreakers CoC Dischargers with 9k+. My profile.

Some ways I could think of improving my survivability:
  • (Currently running) Call of Brotherhood ring for the freeze, from a Mathil(TM) tip. Good for trash; less good for bosses I guess.
  • %ES ring enchants. How good of a ring would I need before it's worth spending 1+ exalts on a possibly crappy roll?
  • Auras or curses?
    • Curses: Take dual curse nodes, and/or gear. Speaking of curses, I started out with Enfeeble as my defensive curse but Temp Chains is growing on me. Opinions?
    • Auras: Take aura nodes. Swap Call of Brotherhood out for rare ring, replace helm with Vertex.
  • Voll's Devotion. (lol)
  • Which would be my most cost-effective gear upgrade? (I'm using the crappy AR/ES boots because I wanted the GRRR.)

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

quote:

There are many things we will change when adding Navali and her prophecies into the core game:

- You won't see Navali immediately when you get to the first town. Since Navali adds an extra layer of tasks for players to complete, we did not want her competing with (and potentially disrupting) the integral early portions of the questing experience. As well, we need to maintain space for other future leagues to make their marks early. Many of Navali's prophecies are early however, so you will meet Navali in Act 1 of Normal difficulty. There will be a quest to have her go to town.

- Silver coins will be rarer. While we are excited to keep the content, it does not need to be as prominent. So it doesn't overshadow the main game, but is still a part of it, the silver coin drop rate will be substantially lower than during the league.

- Navali will be able to join your hideout. This was not a problem we were able to solve for the league, but as a core part of the game, players will want access to Navali in a way that suits their normal style of play.

- We need to assess the power of the rewards. For example, for Reach of the Council we knew went out with risky balance values. We pushed it a little as we wanted it to be used, but knew if it went out too high it would only be temporary. As part of the core game, this unique heavily distorts bow use. We know we will be changing this item, and we'll need to assess all the Prophecy content for going into the live game.

gentlemen, start your (literal!) speculation engines. Reach: legacy or voltaxicified mechanic nerf? Short silver coins, or long silver coins?

ronya fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 10, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Saw that post and decided I might as well as throw currency at my bow (was 330 dps 5L). 10 fusings and 5 divines later:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I wish I could hate you to death

(I should throw currency at my Reach)

• Locked thread