Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The League of Posts, hosted right here in Armchair Quarterback, has THREE openings for 2016. The league is entering its second season.

This league has a special feature! To stay in the league, you have to post in its thread once per calendar week during the league season. The post has to be relevant to the league or the NFL and not just dead space. If you miss a weekly post, your league spot is up for grabs! The goal is to create a low barrier-to-entry, deep league with a chatty culture that may last some number of years.

ROSTER: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DEF, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex, 1 IDP, 5 bench, 1 reserve. Deep league!
SCORING: PPR, 5pt passing TD, 1pt/25 yd return yardage, otherwise pretty standard.
Draft date is Saturday, Aug. 20. It's an auction draft. We also have a limited number of keepers (details in thread).

Looking for a few good men to pick up the unclaimed teams! Last year, someone who claimed an abandoned team mid-season ended up winning the whole thing. Help us build something great! p.s. it's a chill, fun league. Please check it out:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782046

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

Ben Watson put up 74-825-6 at 35 years old. How is 75-700-? Fleener's ceiling?

Because Watson at one time showed he was a good tight end while Fleener is straight buns

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Doltos posted:

Because Fleener couldn't distinguish himself from a time share with Dwayne Allen even though he had a ton of rapport with Luck from their college days and capped out at 774 yards and 51 receptions for his career year so far.
But he isn't on Pep Hamilton's offense anymore and he doesn't have a much better in-line TE like Allen on the team. The way the Saints use their TEs has to be factored in when evaluating Fleener as this is a huge opportunity for him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Because Fleener couldn't distinguish himself from a time share with Dwayne Allen even though he had a ton of rapport with Luck from their college days and capped out at 774 yards and 51 receptions for his career year so far.

He isn't in a timeshare with Allen anymore and moved to the best situation for a tight end in the league. Do you think Fleener is worse than Watson? Watson's career best had been 68-763-3, set 5 years previously and a clear outlier in his career up to that point. Fleener managed 51-774-8 in 2014 with Dwayne Allen as the TE2 soaking up 29-395-8. I'm completely fine with you thinking Fleener won't justify his draft position, but I think giving him a ceiling of 75-700 is completely absurd.

Metapod posted:

Because Watson at one time showed he was a good tight end while Fleener is straight buns

Oh, gotcha

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
A 35 year old Ben Watson also received 110 Targets last season, i'd be willing to bet that is at least Fleeners floor in targets.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

The League of Posts, hosted right here in Armchair Quarterback, has THREE openings for 2016. The league is entering its second season.

This league has a special feature! To stay in the league, you have to post in its thread once per calendar week during the league season. The post has to be relevant to the league or the NFL and not just dead space. If you miss a weekly post, your league spot is up for grabs! The goal is to create a low barrier-to-entry, deep league with a chatty culture that may last some number of years.

ROSTER: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DEF, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex, 1 IDP, 5 bench, 1 reserve. Deep league!
SCORING: PPR, 5pt passing TD, 1pt/25 yd return yardage, otherwise pretty standard.
Draft date is Saturday, Aug. 20. It's an auction draft. We also have a limited number of keepers (details in thread).

Looking for a few good men to pick up the unclaimed teams! Last year, someone who claimed an abandoned team mid-season ended up winning the whole thing. Help us build something great! p.s. it's a chill, fun league. Please check it out:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782046

So this hopefully doesn't get buried, the someone who claimed an abandoned team and won it all wants you to know this is a cool league :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Unrelated to that, 49ers/IDP fans, is Bethea toast? Would you be happy with him as your DB2 (in dynasty)? And of some popular sleepers at DB, any clear preference between Clayton Geathers, Jahleel Addae, and Ibraheim Campbell?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Charity League is cool and good, and I would argue is one of the toughest leagues on the forums.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Question for you guys,

I'm in a league this year where the commissioner is definitely of the "more points = more fun" mindset.
The roster:
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Super Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 DEF
1 K

AND we're full PPR on top of that.

Question is, in the first year of possible WR supremacy, on top of being PPR, do I go QB/QB in Rounds 1/2 given that there's a super flex which makes it basically a 2 QB league? I pick 7th in a field of 10.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Question for you guys,

I'm in a league this year where the commissioner is definitely of the "more points = more fun" mindset.
The roster:
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Super Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 DEF
1 K

AND we're full PPR on top of that.

Question is, in the first year of possible WR supremacy, on top of being PPR, do I go QB/QB in Rounds 1/2 given that there's a super flex which makes it basically a 2 QB league? I pick 7th in a field of 10.

I can make a sheet for that if you'd like. I think the answer is, as usual, "it depends". I've seen a few podcasts mocks that work really well with people taking the studs early and then locking up 3 QBs.

How many teams?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RVProfootballer posted:

Unrelated to that, 49ers/IDP fans, is Bethea toast? Would you be happy with him as your DB2 (in dynasty)? And of some popular sleepers at DB, any clear preference between Clayton Geathers, Jahleel Addae, and Ibraheim Campbell?

Bethea is fully healthy but they might be moving away from him. I wouldn't be comfortable with him as my DB2 without Jaquiski Tartt as a backup plan.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
For those that hopped on the rotopass, which of the sites would you recommend mainly?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Different sites for different stuff.

Rotoviz has a lot of the smartest data-focused guys these days.
FBGs is a pretty great general site, with a nice variety of writers and content.
DraftKings is totally not gambling.
ESPN is, well ESPN.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

Different sites for different stuff.

Rotoviz has a lot of the smartest data-focused guys these days.
FBGs is a pretty great general site, with a nice variety of writers and content.
DraftKings is totally not gambling.
ESPN is, well ESPN.

Pretty much this. If I only paid for one website it would be Rotoviz, and getting all those other sites (plus :10bux: each for MFL and DK) makes it easy.

This year I bought:

Rotopass (Rotoviz, Footballguys, ESPN Insider, Rotowire, Pro Football Focus)
4For4
Fantasy Footballers Ultimate Draft Kit
Gridiron Experts
Football Outsiders Draft Kit

Mostly I buy them for the projections.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Mostly I buy them for the projections.

Are beersheets just aggregated from those sources + free sources?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Beer have you ever been hit up by some guy named AndrewHammer or something on reddit? I keep getting messages from people to write for his website whenever I post analytical stuff.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I can make a sheet for that if you'd like. I think the answer is, as usual, "it depends". I've seen a few podcasts mocks that work really well with people taking the studs early and then locking up 3 QBs.

How many teams?

Dude! A sheet would be awesome. 10 team league. Full PPR standard scoring otherwise.

Last year with the same guys I went QB/QB but I got Luck/Rodgers. Most of the guys aren't fantasy-obsessed but they're not morons and I don't think I'm gonna get away with another coup like that, so picking at #7, I'm thinking QB if I can get one of the top 4, but I don't think I'd take Brees.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Bethea is fully healthy but they might be moving away from him. I wouldn't be comfortable with him as my DB2 without Jaquiski Tartt as a backup plan.

Good to know, thanks. Going to gamble on at least one of Bethea and Tartt being quality DB.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pmchem posted:

Are beersheets just aggregated from those sources + free sources?

I also use rankings from FantasyPros and a few other sources for things.

Fun fact: NFL.com doesn't project receptions. It's pretty useless.

Doltos posted:

Beer have you ever been hit up by some guy named AndrewHammer or something on reddit? I keep getting messages from people to write for his website whenever I post analytical stuff.

Not that I recall. I tend to politely decline stuff like that.

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Dude! A sheet would be awesome. 10 team league. Full PPR standard scoring otherwise.

Last year with the same guys I went QB/QB but I got Luck/Rodgers. Most of the guys aren't fantasy-obsessed but they're not morons and I don't think I'm gonna get away with another coup like that, so picking at #7, I'm thinking QB if I can get one of the top 4, but I don't think I'd take Brees.

Shouldn't be too hard. Shoot me a PM.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

you know I actually really like Jordan reed this year and was willing to pay the 5th round price on him but you are all making me feel like a gay retard

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He has a 3rd/4th round price tag which is what makes it rough for a dude who has chronic scrambled egg brain

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Spoeank posted:

He has a 3rd/4th round price tag which is what makes it rough for a dude who has chronic scrambled egg brain

3rd? loving 3rd? So people are really taking him over legit high end WR2's (with WR1 potential) like Keenan Allen and Mike Evans?

That's p crazy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ty1990 posted:

you know I actually really like Jordan reed this year and was willing to pay the 5th round price on him but you are all making me feel like a gay retard

I like him too, but he's already dealing with an ankle issue and has yet to play a full season. I'm convinced that his upside is Gronk but he's also had six loving concussions in his career.

Also I just discovered that website. Not sure I'll pay $5 for access to it, but it's pretty awesome.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ty1990 posted:

3rd? loving 3rd? So people are really taking him over legit high end WR2's (with WR1 potential) like Keenan Allen and Mike Evans?

That's p crazy.

That's what happens if you want to draft a TE because you are a silly person. Just get Fleener or Walker later or take Hill for free and stream and hopefully find this year's Barnidge/Reed/Walker/Watson

Spoeank posted:

Also don't pay for last year's production you clods

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Has anyone heard of or tried http://www.fantasychampionship.com/fantasy-championship ? I saw it on MFL and it seems interesting.

$250 per person
12 team 1 PPR, 4 point passing TD, 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX 1DST 1K
1st place per league gets $1000, 2nd gets $500 and the rest of the money goes into the prize pool, where top 50 ranked teams get extra money, up to $200k for 1st.

As someone who had all 3 of his leagues fold this year, I've been looking for a $200 or so "serious" league and this looks perfect, I'm just not sure how legit it would be.

Edit: It is a part of RealTime Fantasy Sports, which I have also never heard of.

Prophecy120 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 8, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Hey gang, I'll make a proper thread later but I'm starting up a dynasty league and need players.

If anyone is interested in a dynasty league with:

- auction draft
- blind bidding waivers
- superflex
- full ppr, 1.5 ppr for tes
- .2 points per carry
- no kickers

send me a pm or reply in this thread. I'm thinking around a $25-30 buy in.

Bumping to get more goons to jump in on this. Full kitchen sink dynasty madness.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

Takes Niles Paul in the last round or keep him on WW speed dial for when Jordan Reed breaks in two.

What's funny here is that of the two, Niles Paul is definitely the better candidate to break in two. I can't believe I saw a mention of that guy in a fantasy thread.

VD for Redskins Backup TE 2016 anyway

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Ty1990 posted:

That's p crazy.

No, because those guys are going in the 2nd

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Papes posted:

No, because those guys are going in the 2nd

That was my thought.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
With Luck back. How are you guys liking Moncrief as a potential 3rd yearbreakout candidate?

I like him much more than guys going higher like Maclin.

Wasnt Moncrief supposed to be like a go route guy coming out? I was watching some Colts games and hes definitely running more than one route and hes good after the catch.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/762763012172353537

Oh man can't wait to draft ol' Munchies Fatass in the fifth round HE'S GONNA WIN MY LEAGUE THIS TIME FOR REALS PROMISE

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Green Gloves posted:

With Luck back. How are you guys liking Moncrief as a potential 3rd yearbreakout candidate?

Wasnt Moncrief supposed to be like a go route guy coming out? I was watching some Colts games and hes definitely running more than one route and hes good after the catch.

He's actually one of my targets for WR in most of my leagues. If all goes well, i think he'd at least be a high end WR3 with upside. Now for everything to go lovely.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leading the Colts with receptions tbh.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 8, 2016

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

VietCampo posted:

He's actually one of my targets for WR in most of my leagues. If all goes well, i think he'd at least be a high end WR3 with upside. Now for everything to go lovely.

Ive liked Moncrief since he was rookie. He looked great in college. I was watching an old LSU vs Ole Miss game and he was tearing up Eric Reid or drawing PIs.

I am guessing other breakout WRs could be White, Shephard, Lockett, etc

Green Gloves fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 8, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Green Gloves posted:

I like Moncrief but I don't think I like him more than Maclin, the dude who showed he could produce well even with Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Green Gloves posted:

Donte Moncrief is basically this year's version of Allen Robinson but hasn't gotten the same hype to this point in the offseason like where A-Rob was at last year. You're right that he's significantly improved his route running and he's in line for a major role in that offense. He's pegged for the 5th round in drafts but has WR1 upside and double digit scoring potential as one of Andrew Luck's top targets. A good bet to lead them in touchdowns.

His splits when Luck played were telling:

That 11 TD pace in his sophomore year looks pretty nice. The yardage total is hurt by Luck's crappy year but the Colts offense as a whole threw for more than a 1000 yards less than in 2014 (5026 in 2014, 3928 in 2015) so there's plenty of room for his yardage to grow just by the Luck/Colts offense returning to their usual numbers. I absolutely love him this year and am targeting him in every draft.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

MrSargent posted:

I like Moncrief but I don't think I like him more than Maclin, the dude who showed he could produce well even with Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

Pretty sure Maclin is getting drafted at least one round higher than Moncrief.

Is last years numbers for Maclin his ceiling with Smith at qb?

Maclin is safer but I feel like if I am picking in the middle rounds I dont want just safe and boring imo.

Green Gloves fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 8, 2016

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Woops double post

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Green Gloves posted:

Pretty sure Maclin is getting drafted at least one round higher than Moncrief.

Is last years numbers for Maclin his ceiling with Smith at qb?

Maclin is safer but I feel like if I am picking in the middle rounds I dont want just safe and boring imo.

I think it's fair to say that Maclin's ceiling is not his first season on a new team, new offense, and new QB. I really can't see Moncrief's ceiling as the #2 option being much, if any higher than Maclin's as the #1 option. But yes there is a difference in ADP of about a round right which makes it closer. I don't think you can call this a mid-round pick, the 3rd-4th is still pretty early. I like solid starters at that ADP personally, ill go riskier in the 6th+.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MrSargent posted:

I think it's fair to say that Maclin's ceiling is not his first season on a new team, new offense, and new QB. I really can't see Moncrief's ceiling as the #2 option being much, if any higher than Maclin's as the #1 option. But yes there is a difference in ADP of about a round right which makes it closer. I don't think you can call this a mid-round pick, the 3rd-4th is still pretty early. I like solid starters at that ADP personally, ill go riskier in the 6th+.

I'm actually thinking that Moncrief might end up the #1 option over TY Hilton this year. Am i crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

VietCampo posted:

I'm actually thinking that Moncrief might end up the #1 option over TY Hilton this year. Am i crazy?

Baring injury, probably

• Locked thread