Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm hoping this means Marowak is Fire/Ghost now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

that Marowak is fuckin siiiick

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Geostomp posted:

I'm hoping this means Marowak is Fire/Ghost now.

It is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That sandcastle rules and will be my friend. Though it will be difficult to fit him in my team since I already plan on using like 10 pokemon, but I will accomplish it anyway!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Then all is right and Alola has the one true Marowak just as it does the true Vulpix and Exeggutor.

On an related note, I want that sub Pokemon for adventures.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It was an Alolan Marowak at Lavender Town this whole time.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

It wasn't mentioned on Serebii, but someone is saying that the sandcastle goes from ground/ghost to just ghost when ht by a water attack.

this is the greatest game of all time

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

how do i join Team Skull

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Donowitz posted:

Where's Alolan Persian??

in true hawaii fashion, it's a ghost type, and looks like a meat bun

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Alolan Marowak learned to channel and commune with the spirits of their ancestors through the use of indigenous fire dancing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Donowitz posted:

Where's Alolan Persian??

less laughter fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 9, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I really wish there wasn't an evil team this time. They're breaking so many traditions, yet they're keeping that one.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Apparently the baby sandcastle was once a pure Ground-type until it scared a kid who then stabbed it with a shovel.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dunban posted:

I really wish there wasn't an evil team this time. They're breaking so many traditions, yet they're keeping that one.

what if.. theyre actually the good guys.........

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dunban posted:

It's a good tradition.

I hope the team is goofy and all the grunts have funny things to say when I beat them up.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So does this confirm any of the leaks?

Took me a second to realize what the evolved fish was there.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Litter Pokemon

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Dunban posted:

But what about the sick-nasty battle themes that always come with the teams, where would we get that

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Golden Goat posted:

So does this confirm any of the leaks?

Took me a second to realize what the evolved fish was there.

It deconfirms the Pokedex leak from a couple of days ago. Doesn't really have any bearing on the other ones.

Amppelix posted:

But what about the sick-nasty battle themes that always come with the teams, where would we get that

A solid point. The Team Plasma theme is one of my favorite tracks from the series.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Amppelix posted:

My pitch:

Island-specific eccentrics interested in nefarious Poké-deeds. Color coated, but not uniformed.

The fire punks who want to beat up some big flower. Ice gang who want to illegally sell tropical mons.

I don't know...I have a hunch that each island is going to have very localized drama. Maybe some trench coat Goobers show up after the final boss or some poo poo to lead you to the cover art monster.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dunban posted:

It deconfirms the Pokedex leak from a couple of days ago. Doesn't really have any bearing on the other ones.

That's good I guess since that Pokedex one was dumb.

Wasn't there one predicting the Marrowak Alola form?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Golden Goat posted:

That's good I guess since that Pokedex one was dumb.

Wasn't there one predicting the Marrowak Alola form?

Literally everyone predicted that form because of Kiawe's description.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Awh, here's hoping we still get water-doggie.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
They need to stop making awesome gen I alts. I want to use cool new friends, but now there are all these cool old friends.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Johnny Joestar posted:

apparently the big fish is probably a bunch of the tiny fish together in a school, making the illusion of the big one?

oddium posted:

759 Peskool (WATER/PSYCHIC)

an exeggcute-style school of fish... yes thank you

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Alola Arcanine will just be Liquidator from Darkwing Duck

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm the pokedex leaker and i can confirm some of them are fake. but some are real. trust no one

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Marowak adapted to volcano life by dying and persisting

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

oddium posted:

i'm the pokedex leaker and i can confirm some of them are fake. but some are real. trust no one

not even yourself

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Esroc posted:

Okay, I'm stumped. How the hell do you get Uxie to show up in the Nameless Cave? I have the other two and I've followed every thing I've found online regarding making Uxie appear such as visiting between 20:00-21:00 and having three Pokémon with you who have max affection. But it's been almost a month of visiting near daily and he still won't show up. Him and Palkia/Dialga (whichever) are the last legendaries I need in OR so I can start an AS game.

This got buried in the CoroCoro stuff, but does it specify happiness or Pokemon Amie affection? Which one did you do? Try the other one?

Now then, re: the new stuff:

FIRE MAROWAAAAAAK! :swoon: I was just saying the other day that I hope, if fire Marowak is a thing, that it uses a flaming baton. And gently caress YEAH IT DOES! Get on the team, now!

I'm going to have to use a rotating team at this point. There just aren't enough team slots for all the cool monsters I want to use!

What type is Alolan Meowth?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
alolan meowth is dark-type

it was bred by the alolan royal family

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Oh hey, Meowth finally gets some love.

From what I've noticed, Vulpix, Sandshrew and Meowth are all exclusive to one version of Gen I (either Blue or Green depending on language). I wonder what this means for Ekans, Growlithe and Mankey though...

Also I'm kinda glad that the Pokedex leak was deconfirmed. Hopefully it means that the Alolan From leak is also fake.

A lot of people seem to be treating Alolan forms like Mega evolutions in that their supposed to be inherently better then the base form. Which is silly. It appears to be that they're just giving types that were under-represented or didn't exist in Gen I to Gen I monsters that haven't had many changes over the years (or simply haven't made an appearance).

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 9, 2016

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Silver Falcon posted:

This got buried in the CoroCoro stuff, but does it specify happiness or Pokemon Amie affection? Which one did you do? Try the other one?

This is a good point. I think that it's the regular happiness/friendship, since I rolled around OR postgame with my team I had carried with me through the whole thing and never considered the need in Nameless Cavern for friendship, despite never having opened Pokemon-Amie.

The other thing to check is if your 3DS is set to your current local time. Weirdly, *DS doesn't appear to automatically adjust for DST.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nth Doctor posted:

This is a good point. I think that it's the regular happiness/friendship, since I rolled around OR postgame with my team I had carried with me through the whole thing and never considered the need in Nameless Cavern for friendship, despite never having opened Pokemon-Amie.

The other thing to check is if your 3DS is set to your current local time. Weirdly, *DS doesn't appear to automatically adjust for DST.

I think messing with your 3DS clock prevents any time related things from happening for at least 24 hours, including legendary appearances.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Dunban posted:

Counterpoint: This one is called TEAM SKULL and they're led by a dude who is totally evil Professor Willow.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

^^^
He's that Overwatch dude.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm rusty but I think that the evolved castle's name is Shirodesuna, which is a fantastic pun that could be read as shiro de suna (castle of sand) or shiro desu na (it's a castle, isn't it?).

I Can't Believe It's Not a Castle!™

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Does anyone have a spare Truant Durant I could have? I don't care about IVs or nature.

In exchange I can offer up an Arceus code.

Nevermind on this. I realized you could get HA's from hordes and caught one in <5 minutes.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Zuzie posted:

Oh hey, Meowth finally gets some love.

From what I've noticed, Vulpix, Sandshrew and Meowth are all exclusive to one version of Gen I (either Blue or Green depending on language). I wonder what this means for Ekans, Growlithe and Mankey though...

Also I'm kinda glad that the Pokedex leak was deconfirmed. Hopefully it means that the Alolan From leak is also fake.

A lot of people seem to be treating Alolan forms like Mega evolutions in that their supposed to be inherently better then the base form. Which is silly. It appears to be that they're just giving types that were under-represented or didn't exist in Gen I to Gen I monsters that haven't had many changes over the years (or simply haven't made an appearance).

Well, Sandshrew has been said to have different stats, so it's possible the others will get some rearrangements to that could really improve them without changing their totals.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

fire ghost marowak is a halloween pokemon by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Please make the shiny version just have a pumpkin on it's head instead of the skull.

• Locked thread