Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Iron Prince posted:

id buy one if it was a dick instead constantly getting hard then flaccid then hard then flaccid then hard and well you get the idea

Same, but if it did it to my actual penis. And without the flaccid part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Do they even have the rights to use the Facebook like icon? Seems like that's something you'd need permission for.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

bvoid posted:

This should be the Kickstarter official motto.

How did I miss this line?! Went back and bolded it in my quote. It's the cherry on top.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

laserghost posted:

same but just a sign "your self-worth" that slowly gets brighter with each like/upvote/emptyquote

resets every morning

glowing lights are at the 20k stretch so get pledging!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

here's this worthless piece of crap:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andrea-frigo/like-o-meter-when-facebook-likes-come-to-life?ref=category

A plastic thumb that connects to your wifi and sticks up when you get a facebook like

expected rrp: 35€

This has existed for ages, you see them in stores from time to time.

E:

Waffleman_ posted:

Do they even have the rights to use the Facebook like icon? Seems like that's something you'd need permission for.

No. Yes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Waffleman_ posted:

You'd be shocked at how many kickstarter people don't even realize rights are a thing that exists.

Check out my new star wars movie kickstarter.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Zaphod42 posted:

You'd be shocked at how many kickstarter people don't even realize rights are a thing that exists.

Check out my new star wars movie kickstarter.

disruption!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
also the thumb prob takes 20 sec to go up using their tiny electric motor

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1803831/fblk?ref=gogo__fblk__14417705

Love the video on this. Doesn't specifically say what it is, but just asserts some facts like "planetary gears have advantages"

And its a total scam.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Horse Clocks posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1803831/fblk?ref=gogo__fblk__14417705

Love the video on this. Doesn't specifically say what it is, but just asserts some facts like "planetary gears have advantages"

And its a total scam.

Flex funding and literally the only real life picture is a bunch of random disassembled parts, rest is lovely cgi

Is there a gif I'm not seeing on the TRANSFORMATION! section? It shows the full bike then POOF folded just like that!!

Why is flex funding allowed again?

stringball has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Aug 9, 2016

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

stringball posted:

Flex funding and literally the only real life picture is a bunch of random disassembled parts, rest is lovely cgi

Is there a gif I'm not seeing on the TRANSFORMATION! section? It shows the full bike then POOF folded just like that!!

Because we really want 500k to make our fart detection app, but 300k will be enough for the cocaine project.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

stringball posted:

IGG likes money

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

stringball posted:

I'm pretty sure that picture is cgi as well, just slightly less lovely.

e: I need to get in on this IGG scamming business. $4500 for writing some bullshit and spending a few hours in Sketchup isn't a bad payout.

Collateral Damage has a new favorite as of 08:54 on Aug 9, 2016

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Foldable, lightweight bikes have existed for quite some time, there are even several foldable electric bikes.
I understand that the point here is to have the bike be even more compact when folded than the competitors are, but I think it looks like there is too much sacrificed.
The wheel dictates a lot of how much space a collapsed bike takes up. One solution several developers employ is making the wheels smaller, sacrificing torque and comfort, but these guys are instead making the wheel itself collapsible, probably sacrificing this and a whole lot more.
The construction seems really rigid with solid tires and no form of suspension, and looks like it would be a literal pain in the rear end to ride on surfaces rougher than your living room floor. It also looks like it would be quite a hassle to fold in and out. Are they planning on having a locking mechanism on the telescopic bars? The tire sections would also have to rotate on the spokes to fold like that. I wonder how they would do that without risking the wheel becoming wobbly. Also, having the main joint of the construction carry the entire weight of the rider (on a loving lever!) without any kind of support whatsoever is the kind of thing that I think would make engineers cry and Archimedes' ghost haunt you forever.

I admit I'm not an engineer, but holy gently caress neither are any of the people involved in designing that bike.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Have a chair made of grass: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/254144236/terra-growing-furniture
Actually, don't have the chair, just have the cardboard for the frame. You still need to provide the dirt and grass.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Maera Sior posted:

Have a chair made of grass: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/254144236/terra-growing-furniture
Actually, don't have the chair, just have the cardboard for the frame. You still need to provide the dirt and grass.

And the thing stopping me from doing this without giving them money is

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Stupidity and laziness.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Original idea; plz do not steal.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
90 euros? for gently caress sake. e: that's for the scale model. 195 euros for the real thing. Double gently caress.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

So the actual product is just a few sheets of cardboard. And you don't actually get one until the €195 reward level. :psyduck:

The product isn't entirely stupid if you really want a chair-shaped mound in your garden, but their pricing is off by about a factor of 20.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Maera Sior posted:

They are the original design collective who made this years ago, and unlike tons of others kickstarters they cannot fail this (it's plain cardboard and they have the design already).

It's still an overpriced piece of hipster crap you could totally do yourself but honestly if they make a few bucks out of their old idea, more power to them.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/258723592/toasteroid-first-app-controlled-smart-image-toaste?ref=discovery
So many projects are tough to place where they fall on the continuum of 'yes its pointless but still a really cool idea' vs 'this poo poo is just stupid'...
I'd say this is one of those, trending towards the latter, because its an app controlled custom picture toaster (and you can send people toast messages lmao... Im picturing somebody leaving their spouse via a piece of toast). Its actually cheap enough that I'm considering it just out of the sheer ridiculousness of the concept

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

John Denver Hoxha posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/258723592/toasteroid-first-app-controlled-smart-image-toaste?ref=discovery
So many projects are tough to place where they fall on the continuum of 'yes its pointless but still a really cool idea' vs 'this poo poo is just stupid'...
I'd say this is one of those, trending towards the latter, because its an app controlled custom picture toaster (and you can send people toast messages lmao... Im picturing somebody leaving their spouse via a piece of toast). Its actually cheap enough that I'm considering it just out of the sheer ridiculousness of the concept

Say what you want but my life won't be complete until I can have dickbutt on my toast

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

yes, TERRA! is written 82 times, not counting the TERRA!s in the images

also I guess their motivation for making these again was someone sent them an email to buy 2 of them?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224492525/ponyfinder-dawn-of-the-fifth-age

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

The first question I have is how the gently caress can that pony use a sword? :confused:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Beefeater posted:

The first question I have is how the gently caress can that pony use a sword? :confused:

The same way they use guns, probably.

Also, lol, because it's a goon project.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Excuse me, but

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

The most baffling part (except everything else) is the fact that's an already established RPG system, which they merely want to convert to D&D.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yeah, I might steal the Terra chair idea if I ever have a garden.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

And he didn't even make it a week, he walked 25 miles in two days eating nothing but a handful of raisins, then spent a few days moping at a campsite before taking a taxi home.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480 archives needed.
no archives and I'm able to view - if anyone skipped it, do read. classic goon in a well scenario that ends as you'd expect

it made my day brighter.

quote:

I learned many things on my 5 day trip on what I did wrong and right. Here is a quick break down:

Right:
Socks
Shoes
Walking Poles
Tent
Hydration
Fitness (physically I had some bruises and a slightly sore knee which probably needs to be drained from when I broke it but it was nothing I couldn't handle)

Wrong:
Pack Weight
Cart
Nutrition (I could not eat for 5 days due to the feeling of puking anytime I looked at food)
Clothing (Too Heavy)
Having people invest in my trip (Although I'm incredibly thankful for everyone who helped in one way or another it put an extremely high amount of pressure on me to perform.)
Telling people my estimated completion time

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm pretty sure that picture is cgi as well, just slightly less lovely.

e: I need to get in on this IGG scamming business. $4500 for writing some bullshit and spending a few hours in Sketchup isn't a bad payout.

I'm wondering if anyone's overinflated their donations by pledging an amount for themselves just to spur interest, then, hours before the fundraising deadline, they pull their own pledge and collect that sweet, sweet, flex funding cash. We've seen fundraisers pledging their own money to get a project over that funding limit on Kickstarter, but with IndieGoGo's flex funding, you can still collect that money even if it fails to reach the funding goal and with the added benefit of no responsibility to deliver on a product.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Ville Valo posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourzerotwo/the-adventures-of-dash-a-2d-platform-and-puzzle-ad

How do you make a kickstarter, with video of "gameplay," of a 2D platformer with no enemies, no puzzles, no nothing? Goddamn this is the laziest professional-made pitch ever. And asking $400,000!

I hate getting pranked like this.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

John Denver Hoxha posted:

So around the time that one dude got thousands of dollars to make potato salad, my friends and I were joking around with this exact concept. I'm gonna be hella pissed if this gets funded and we missed out on a chance to fleece a bunch of rubes.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Paladinus posted:

The same way they use guns, probably.

Also, lol, because it's a goon project.

They've successfully funded other Ponyfinder projects, too:

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Phanatic posted:

Not anymore. I went and checked out the website, I don't think it's about the game anymore.

http://www.bulletballgames.com/

Door is also important that a strong, but I think the greater role of the key than anything.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yeah, I might steal the Terra chair idea if I ever have a garden.

Have fun cutting your grass with cissors

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FoxStrats posted:

Door is also important that a strong, but I think the greater role of the key than anything.

It is also from the theft from the crime, because I made ​​a fort to protect the house and valuables, good will hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just came across this review of the FlyKly electric scooter completely by accident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhyWzFjZhkc. Maybe this has been posted before somewhere but I don't recall seeing it, and it's definitely worth it.

It's a "successful" KS project that collected about $400k to build the scooter after first collecting $700k to build the hub motor. Check out all the hipsters in the stock photos, classic KS stuff.