Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
They can only cut two or three pieces before the cake adapts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hi criscodisco im particularly hosed on drugs and i want to tell you you're one of my favourite posters and you should post in the basement

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Isaac posted:

Hi criscodisco im particularly hosed on drugs and i want to tell you you're one of my favourite posters and you should post in the basement

Wow, look at that avatar! Top notch!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

this year in weddings; casual blackface is IN

Pasty white hands and swarthy faces. Seems legit.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The more broken and ugly the bride, the higher the chance of a theme wedding.

My friend's wife is a photographer and claims this is gospel

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If I had to go to a wedding as a guest or a best man (if I had friends) or really any part of it all, I'd much rather go to some weird half assed klingon wedding than some crazy Bridezillas poo poo. Come to think of I haven't been to a wedding in probably 20+ years though. I think I'm obrien irl, but not as rounded.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Man, that Great Link has got to give off a powerful stank.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

cheerfullydrab posted:

Man, that Great Link has got to give off a powerful stank.

That is the problem with a species unable to create realistic noses.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Picking up on Star Trek books I remember reading one when I was 13 or so, Odo turns into a mirror and reflects phaser fire back at the antagonist. It's not how either of those things works but whatever.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

also i think a lot of us have that friend who's fun as hell to hang out with but the second his wife shows up she bitches him out and he totally shuts down and gives you that "i'd love to keep partying but what can i do" face and we're all bummed because god drat steve was a fuckin riot before he married that bipolar piece of poo poo

You do realise he doesn't want to hang out with you and uses his wife as an excuse?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Sunswipe posted:

You do realise he doesn't want to hang out with you and uses his wife as an excuse?

No, women are evil mind-controlling harpies who get in the way of healthy male friendships.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Picking up on Star Trek books I remember reading one when I was 13 or so, Odo turns into a mirror and reflects phaser fire back at the antagonist. It's not how either of those things works but whatever.

I read a star trek CYOA book, and one of the threats was mirror people you couldn't shoot because they reflected phasers. So you had to shoot out the lights because mirrors can't exist in darkness or something.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

90% of the time "my friend got married and now his horrible controlling wife won't let him have fun with me anymore" comes up it's actually that the dude has grown up and moved on a bit in life and doesn't want to hang out with their lovely friends that haven't really grown up since college or even high school.

(the other 10% of the time it's because the wife is actually mentally ill and super controlling and the dude is a doormat who ends up posting an e/n thread about it)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Baronjutter posted:

90% of the time "my friend got married and now his horrible controlling wife won't let him have fun with me anymore" comes up it's actually that the dude has grown up and moved on a bit in life and doesn't want to hang out with their lovely friends that haven't really grown up since college or even high school.

(the other 10% of the time it's because the wife is actually mentally ill and super controlling and the dude is a doormat who ends up posting an e/n thread about it)

And 99% of the time when that same friend gets divorced he reverts right back to the developmental level of his lovely friends, the whole thing having been an effort to behave the way his horrible controlling wife wanted, not actually growing up ever at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Man, Jadzia kind of sucks. Her only character development comes from when her more interesting past Dax lives come into play. Even when she marries Worf, she doesn't grow, and just becomes TNG Worf who is a weaboo for Klingon culture. Ezri had more character development during one season than Jadzia had over six.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jadzia is hot though

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arcsquad12 posted:

Man, Jadzia kind of sucks. Her only character development comes from when her more interesting past Dax lives come into play. Even when she marries Worf, she doesn't grow, and just becomes TNG Worf who is a weaboo for Klingon culture. Ezri had more character development during one season than Jadzia had over six.

Ezri was the hotter Dax anyway

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Jadzia is hot though

So is Ezri. And she was also on Stargate. I'd also have liked it if Verrad Dax stuck around, just because he was the aloof Clamp CEO from Gremlins 2.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 9, 2016

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ezri is literally a female with short hair

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Ezri is literally a female with short hair

How is that a bad thing? :colbert:

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
My youth was misspent with Star Trek books.

There was an entire series of kids adventure books staring Jake and Nog.

One time, Jake and Nog were paid to play this super cool video video game, where they had to defend a mining vehicle from attacking enemies.

But...

It was REAL, and THEY were the bad guys

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Tom Paris once wanted to gently caress a bird lady alien

Janeway once was seperated from Voyager and had to earn her way back by teaching aliens how to do things like "don't leave your equipment scattered all over the spaceship floor."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I vaguely remember reading a TNG novel where Guinan's relative shows up and falls in love with Picard. Also Guinan's people made the Doomsday Machine and the relative found a bigger one so she went on a Borg killing spree.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
There was a series called "STAR TREK: INVASION!:

Each series' crew needed to battle the return of Literal Demons from the Primordial Alpha/Beta quadrants.

In the first book, the Klingon's encountered their mythological demons invading, and asked Captain Kirk to help them.

Because "only a devil can fight a demon"

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

lotta purse-holders trynna justify their new boring lives up in here

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Big Mean Jerk posted:

this year in weddings; casual blackface is IN

why are they cutting up the robot from pee wee's playhouse

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Can't be sure but I think those are supposed to be low-rent Borg cubes

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

VectorSigma posted:

why are they cutting up the robot from pee wee's playhouse

Because Conky was a p'tak!

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you gotta make a troi cake and pay marina sirtis to poke her head through a table and scream while you cut a slice out of her shoulder

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

There is no way she hasn't been both paid to do that before and has sworn never to do it again after the birthday boy suddenly decided to add more frosting

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

you gotta make a troi cake and pay marina sirtis to poke her head through a table and scream while you cut a slice out of her shoulder

How much would this cost?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jadzia was hotter but I'd rather have sex with Ezri

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ezri is an insecure little girl who is figuring herself out and has obvious inadequacy issues, jadzia is a strong independent woman who can fight gamble and drink with the toughest klingons and she won't take your guff

not surprising which way goons lean :D

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Moridin920 posted:

ezri is an insecure little girl who is figuring herself out and has obvious inadequacy issues, jadzia is a strong independent woman who can fight gamble and drink with the toughest klingons and she won't take your guff

not surprising which way goons lean :D

Which one likes the buttsex?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Chase Masterson with the Dancing Spirit of dax's inside of her or whatever was going on thats the one for me

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Curzon

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

FuturePastNow posted:

Jadzia was hotter but I'd rather have sex with Ezri

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm fairly sure in Gene's Trek buttsex is a thing for everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nevermind

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 22, 2022