Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

ImpAtom posted:

Does Trump have any reasonable path to victory without PA?

He needs Ohio, Florida, and some combinations of NH, Iowa, Nevada, Colorado and Virginia. E.g. http://www.270towin.com/maps/xokK7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Are there even the remotest odds that Indiana goes blue?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Nope.

The NY Times has this branching model where you can explore various permutations of the 10 swingiest states. Without PA in play (they actually took it out of the diagram a few days back), Trump has to sweep almost every one of those states.

Funnily, they actually consider Mississippi to be slightly more of a swing state than Pennsylvania.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Are there even the remotest odds that Indiana goes blue?

This cycle? Sure.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

NC is currently polling for Clinton. Sure, its polls, but that's still not good considering how little he is spending.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That noise you hear is the word "reasonable" screaming in pain.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/763088432382042112?s=09

:ironicat:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

"clear sense of Trump's hole"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Trump would take PA, CO, and VA, long long before he ever won New Mexico in that map.

The most likely Trump map is to flip VA and either IA + NH or IA + NV. Neither of which is especially likely.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

NC is currently polling for Clinton. Sure, its polls, but that's still not good considering how little he is spending.

Yeah, I'm just kinda spitballing. It's extremely unlikely, but all the "swing states" I gave to Trump are close enough and within the margin of error. So its possible, however unlikely.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Trump will take ny and ca

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

In fairness to him, rigging a primary would be hypothetically way easier than a general election.

But yeah. Bernie burnt a lot of my good will to him invoking bullshit right wing "it's rigged!" rhetoric and convincing otherwise intelligent liberal people that Hillary is a bad person.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

You see one?

Trump flips Va then congress votes him in when Hillary doesn't have 270. :shrug:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BonoMan posted:

I don't think he's arguing against you dude. He's just saying in an ideal world you'd do both. He's not saying if you can't do both don't do either.

I get that - the issue is that I don't think we're going to get previous loan forgiveness, and if we tie the two together we won't get state-sponsored college tuition.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
He's back at it, folks! Good ol' Trump.

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/763089093957787649

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The amount of "well maybe we should be jailing/killing my political opponent" this election should really be setting off more red flags among the political class.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxkkrNSv-4

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Bernie burnt a lot of my good will to him invoking bullshit right wing "it's rigged!" rhetoric and convincing otherwise intelligent liberal people that Hillary is a bad person.

Did Bernie do that, or was it his bros?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

PA was never going to go red and everyone talking as if it would were stupid.

It was the same thing in 2012...

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Trump would take PA, CO, and VA, long long before he ever won New Mexico in that map.

The most likely Trump map is to flip VA and either IA + NH or IA + NV. Neither of which is especially likely.

RCP currently has VA at Clinton +7 (and one of the polls in the average is a really stale one from June). She's up a ton, and I think that OH is a much more likely flip than VA at this point.

Which is to say that a snowball has a better chance on the surface of the sun than in the core of the sun.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

REALLY can't wait for the Trump campaigns explanation about how this is a joke.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Radish posted:

The amount of "well maybe we should be jailing/killing my political opponent" this election should really be setting off more red flags among the political class.

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/763092542665687043

This man wrote the Wire

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Countdown to Newt appearing on Fox News to tell everyone Trump was just being sarcastic...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/763093095240044544

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Everything is fine.

The Pivot is coming any day now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm glad trump is just spouting rhetoric and nothing he says matters or has lasting impact.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lightning Knight posted:

In fairness to him, rigging a primary would be hypothetically way easier than a general election.

But yeah. Bernie burnt a lot of my good will to him invoking bullshit right wing "it's rigged!" rhetoric and convincing otherwise intelligent liberal people that Hillary is a bad person.

Did he? Or was that just his dumb followers? I mean he always said the system was rigged but he was talking about trickle down economics and campaign finance, not elections.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Wowwwwwwwwww

It IS a joke, but the joke is "You guys should shoot Hillary hardy har har!"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
And now its blowing up, there goes another news cycle for Trump.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is trivially easy to deflect and spin. So that's going to make the seven day controversy over it even more baffling.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

This is trivially easy to deflect and spin. So that's going to make the seven day controversy over it even more baffling.

Look when I said the Second amendment I wasn't talking about guns. I was talking about private militias.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How do you spin this one without sounding incredibly disingenuous? "Second Amendment solutions" is pretty clear.

I know that Trump supporters have no problem with bullshit excuses but most of the media now isn't really willing to give Trump as much of the benefit of the doubt anymore. I'd have to think even Republicans might have a problem with people openly calling for the killing of other politicians.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 9, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

zoux posted:

....how, exactly? The joke is really straightforward.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Radish posted:

How do you spin this one without sounding incredibly disingenuous? "Second Amendment solutions" is pretty clear.

He was just saying Clinton is so evil she might violate the Second Amendment with her judicial pick!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
What was that claim that Trump was turning a corner on gaffes?

https://twitter.com/stevenjldamico/status/763090887350026241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

Look when I said the Second amendment I wasn't talking about guns. I was talking about private militias.

I mean we all know what he meant, but if you're a surrogate this all about the main stream media grasping for another Trump scandal after a bold, presidential speech yesterday. He clearly meant that second amendment activists should exercise their right to vote at the ballot OR he meant that the NRA and other gun lobbies could exert their considerable effort to beat Hillary

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

"Second Amendment Solutions" again?

What the gently caress. If a private citizen said that poo poo they'd be getting a Secret Service visit (rightfully so).

:smith:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I don't know why we're debating Clinton winning swing states (PA, OH, VA, FL), we shouldn't really have to worry about those. The real story is her possibly winning GA and AZ, which are both polling in her favor right now.

This is the Polls-Only Forecast (the Nowcast always feel like a bit of cheating):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

axeil posted:

"Second Amendment Solutions" again?

What the gently caress. If a private citizen said that poo poo they'd be getting a Secret Service visit (rightfully so).

:smith:

This has happened before

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/763095687487746048

The press release Reid is gonna cook up about this one, mwah!

• Locked thread