Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you guys can talk poo poo about phreak all you want but one time he called master yi "lee sin" like an entire tournament match without anyone being able to correct him because he just kept going and that was the funniest poo poo in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Phreak is a cool nerd who isn't self-absorbed unlike 90% of nerds with a nerd job and he does funny stuff

also tbh if i saw statik shiv without its specific stats I'd assume it was a nuker item and not a carry item too

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I got the PROJECT: FIora skin thing going, but then the extra cache all the spare junk made also gave me a champ shard, a gemstone, and Battlecast Skarner which is probably better anyways.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Killed By Death posted:

XI came out before WoW tho.
We've already got Marth, let us learn from Smash Bros and not flood the game with sword using FE characters :colbert:

Who on earth is your Marth analogue in League? Fiora?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Phreak is a cool nerd who isn't self-absorbed unlike 90% of nerds with a nerd job and he does funny stuff

also tbh if i saw statik shiv without its specific stats I'd assume it was a nuker item and not a carry item too

the context matters, because shiv used to build out of avarice blade (which generated gold) and zeal. PD had a bad build path and not that much more damage

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

also, I just want to say that dang it League of legends, what's the point of buffing Sona so you can just nerf her till she's trash?

why do you keep doing this

I'm really hoping that after the 6.16 nerfs her winrate falls back down to like the 52 or 53 that it was staying at before they looked at her and everybody forgets about her again.

Unrelated: I played a game of blind pick yesterday on a smurf account and the enemy team picked Sona and it was the most irritating poo poo imaginable. Is that what I've been doing to people all this time? I feel like a monster.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

amazeballs posted:

Buy one of each of the Red, Green, Blue chests with IP. Then buy the yellow chest with IP. Open all of them. The yellow one contains a project skin shard. All of them give you project cores that you can use to make the project shard a full skin.

It's a full skin shard, btw, you still have to use essence to make it a skin :(

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/18...eOnQ7wWuGgotg00

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
new champ select looks good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It really bugs me how half the arcade skins are vaguely video gameish and the other are like random rave outfits.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Rengar confirmed changing for Assassin Update

quote:

A champion that doesn’t live and die by the bugs it encounters on a game-to-game basis:
This isn’t really about gameplay mechanics changes, but Rengar is essentially getting rebuilt from scratch under the hood. It’s important that your success as a player isn’t dependent upon whether your E decides to fire or not.

:laffo:

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 9, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It really bugs me how half the arcade skins are vaguely video gameish and the other are like random rave outfits.

People who buy the most expensive skins also favor heroes with little resemblence to classic games :v:

Ezreal has obvious RPG style and Corki's kit lends itself very well for a bullet hell PC design, it's pretty lol that they p much went "HERE IS AN ARCADE CABINET, SHE IS NOW ARCADE" for Ahri though.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ahri should have been designed to look exactly like Tails

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BOY: girl, look up into the sky and count the stars
GIRL: wow that's a lot
BOY: that's how many league of legends games i've lost

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Who on earth is your Marth analogue in League? Fiora?
Riven's development codename was Marth, he was apparently a major inspiration for her design.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

People who buy the most expensive skins also favor heroes with little resemblence to classic games :v:

Ezreal has obvious RPG style and Corki's kit lends itself very well for a bullet hell PC design, it's pretty lol that they p much went "HERE IS AN ARCADE CABINET, SHE IS NOW ARCADE" for Ahri though.

Designing a video game skin for an anime fox girl really shouldn't be very difficult. Make her look like Nei from Phantasy Star or a Digimon or something. It's the same with Miss Fortune and Sona who like have a video game themed accessory and then random outfits. Sorazreal is pretty good at least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's the same with a lot of the female theme skins. Warring Kingdoms Jarvan is Lu Bu. Warring Kingdoms Xin is Zhao Yun. Warring Kingdoms Trynd is Guan Yu. Warring Kingdoms Nid is... uh... well kat is... hm.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Looks cool to me

https://twitter.com/RiotKateyKhaos/status/763087893199859712

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

it's the same with a lot of the female theme skins. Warring Kingdoms Jarvan is Lu Bu. Warring Kingdoms Xin is Zhao Yun. Warring Kingdoms Trynd is Guan Yu. Warring Kingdoms Nid is... uh... well kat is... hm.

Nidalee might be Lady Sun going off the color scheme, who was a warrioress who decorated her chambers with various martial weapons. IIRC in the Dynasty Warriors games she uses a bow, so that might be why she doesn't immediately come to mind.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
these arcade skins loving own

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
That ball animation is incredibly distracting.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oh christ Vi buffs on the PBE heaven help us all

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I am all about this chroma

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

dawngate was well made

god i miss dawngate, what a fun game. some really good and really unique character designs (except for like Varian I think and maybe one or two others) and a really good look that League has almost completely ripped off since then. I was one of like the first 10k into that game and I remember during its peak (which was like right after E3 where EA showed it during their conference) I did nothing but play that game for a week straight spamming games trying to (and eventually getting into) the top 200 board. and then like 3 months later EA pulled the plug :v:

Killed By Death posted:

We've already got Marth, let us learn from Smash Bros and not flood the game with sword using FE characters :colbert:

coming from someone who regularly plays every FE character in smash 4 except marth and roy (gently caress roy), Nintendo needs to add more FE characters to smash. much better game yupyup

also lol @ the new arcade skins lookin like absolute dumpster fires

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Freak has a fun, cool job and seems to bring enthusiasm and joy to it.

He's stupid and terrible, and I hate him because I want it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Was Dawngate the LotR moba or is that something else?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

nah, dawngate was EA's original moba, the LotR one i dont think anyone played.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Guardians of Middle-Earth's big deal was that it was a console MOBA, although Awesomenauts did a far better job at that. They eventually released it on PC but the controls felt very stiff and it's pay model was horrible.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

If you ain't down with David "Phreak" Turley I got two words for ya

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Mierenneuker posted:

although Awesomenauts did a far better job at that. They eventually released it on PC but the controls felt very stiff and it's pay model was horrible.

yeah for real. the characters were just the most fun ever though

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Just went 0/0/24 on Janna and was the only person on my team who didn't get an S.

gently caress me running. That's some horse poo poo.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Libertine posted:

Just went 0/0/24 on Janna and was the only person on my team who didn't get an S.

gently caress me running. That's some horse poo poo.

You should have stole all the cs from your adc. Easy S+

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite hero in the lotr moba was the guy who gained ap every time he used an ability (not hitting an enemy, just using them) so he'd just use everything off cooldown at thin air until he had like 500 ap for free

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Radical posted:

i think someone could release a game that goes a little harder for what league has tried to do (individual player skill, probably less than 5v5) that could cut into both league and dota's player base a decent amount. stuff like dawngate was well made but was basically just "league but we added actual roles you pick" from what i can remember, they're not really setting themselves up for success with a model like that. like i was sure smite would be a huge failure because it was just "league with rotated camera" at launch but it seems like theres a demand for a more action-oriented, 3rd person camera kinda moba that smite has filled, but im sure someone could just do that better and totally kill that game.
I think Blizzard had the best chance at creating a MOBA-killer because of how many champions they could make from existing content and people already know and love their characters but Heroes of the Storm is a big wet noodle fight the entire game where snowballing literally doesn't mean anything and it's more dota-like than League like which means you've got a bit more complicated mechanics. People want a simple MOBA that lets you hard carry and be a solo queue all-star.

At least they've cut into League's numbers by releasing an FPS :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i legitimately think that the reason heroes of the storm isn't doing well is because of how terrible the animations and vfx are

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The real problem with the idea of HOTS killing LoL is that in HOTS the super badass carry heroes are all supports, and super all star carry people refuse to support, even in a game where there's no cs.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's also not fun to play, is a bigger reason

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

my favorite hero in the lotr moba was the guy who gained ap every time he used an ability (not hitting an enemy, just using them) so he'd just use everything off cooldown at thin air until he had like 500 ap for free

You're describing tear of the goddess based champions here but okay.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

You're describing tear of the goddess based champions here but okay.
archangel's passive gives a whopping 22 ap on its own when maxed, but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he's describing veigar's passive without enemy interactions

• Locked thread