Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This 2nd amendment gaffe is a great chance to point out something thats been bugging me all election.
How many times does he have to walk on the line before you realize which side of the line he's actually on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What i heard rationalized Trump's words to mean after the fact in order to make them palatable:
ftfy

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What i heard: Hillary is going to gently caress the second amendment sideways, if you care about this vote against her.

As it was pointed out before, that interpretation is straight up nonsense. Chronologically it says that the "seconde amendment people" have to act if she gets to pick her judges, i.e. after the election.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
hey guys when trump blows this weird whistle my ears hurt and i can't hear for a little bit, but nobody else seems to react - what is the media covering up?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Crows Turn Off posted:

How many times does he have to toe the line before you realize which side of the line he's actually on?

Trump's not actually racist/sexist/insane, he just loves the tightrope

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Aren't there some legal issues with a presidential candidate telling people to shoot his rival?

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Crows Turn Off posted:

It's real.

Cross posting from another thread:

That's not what it sounds like to me. The whole "could" thing is her trying to spin the statement as "your 2nd amendment rights could be at stake so go out and vote" (which of course is grade A horse poo poo), but I don't think she's addressing a hypothetical assassination.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

MariusLecter posted:

What you hear is your brain doing a wishy washy "I'm still a good person, I'm not hateful and racist" but you are and you just can't cope otherwise.

Have i ever been anything but an open racist in this thread? You must be new.

Mostly its the initial "Mexicans = Rapists" quote from last summer, "People who wouldnt be admitted legally might try coming illegally because they want money" makes absolute sense just as he said it, and i dont get why another interpretation took off like a Saturn V rocket. (it certainly did)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 9, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Have i ever been anything but an open racist in this thread? You must be new.

Wait are you seriously racist? Why?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What i heard: Hillary is going to gently caress the second amendment sideways, if you care about this vote against her.

This interpretation does not make any sense, because Trump is describing a scenario in which Hillary has already won and is already picking judges. It would be too late for anyone to vote against her in that case.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

Aren't there some legal issues with a presidential candidate telling people to shoot his rival?

He's got just enough plausible deniability in that quote that I don't think any legal charges could possibly stick, but I'm hoping at least this scares off another handful of his potential voters if nothing else.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Anti-Trump attack happened in the town next to my hometown. I wonder if this will gain traction with Trumpers showing how crooked Hillary is sending goons out to make sure TRUE AMERICANS don't vote Trump or some horseshit

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
If he was trying to speak to a large voting base, then why did he pick the one known for guns? And not:

• Evangelicals
  • Law Enforcement Supporters
  • Anti Immigration Folks
  • Economic Conservatives

No, he wasn't trying to connect Hillary with gun grabbing. He was thinking "Hey, you can't do anything about her judge picks if she gets elected. But you guys with a lot of guns and love for guns, you might be able to."

Jesus christ, it would only be more obvious if he winked and said "IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN". He is a man literally known for bullying and being aggressive - of course he's going to hint at violence. Hinting at it is his way of toning it down, since he was also the guy that flat-out said he wanted to hit some of the people at the DNC.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

drilldo squirt posted:

The next couple things he does tomorrow will top this.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007
D&D I love you but you're really bad at not feeding trolls.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

This interpretation does not make any sense, because Trump is describing a scenario in which Hillary has already won and is already picking judges. It would be too late for anyone to vote against her in that case.

Sometimes things don't always come out like you mean

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

You see one?

The world's most massive state-sponsored attack on America since Pearl Harbor, targeted against ten thousand county clerks' IT systems.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

SquadronROE posted:

If he was trying to speak to a large voting base, then why did he pick the one known for guns? And not:

• Evangelicals
  • Law Enforcement Supporters
  • Anti Immigration Folks
  • Economic Conservatives

No, he wasn't trying to connect Hillary with gun grabbing. He was thinking "Hey, you can't do anything about her judge picks if she gets elected. But you guys with a lot of guns and love for guns, you might be able to."

Jesus christ, it would only be more obvious if he winked and said "IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN". He is a man literally known for bullying and being aggressive - of course he's going to hint at violence. Hinting at it is his way of toning it down, since he was also the guy that flat-out said he wanted to hit some of the people at the DNC.

"Just look at the clip! He clearly shows that he just wants to run his thumb under her chin as a kind of 'buck up, kiddo!' motion. I have no idea how you could possibly misinterpret that."

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Wait are you seriously racist? Why?

I think racism is an aspect of our personality we should all identify in ourselves, admit, and make sure we dont hurt anyone who doesnt deserve to be hurt. But this does not jive with the DnD definition so w/e certainly dont listen to me.

and, ya know....... white nationalism

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

My dream is for Trump to sub 100 electoral votes.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This 2nd amendment gaffe is a great chance to point out something thats been bugging me all election. What trump says, how i take it, and how its taken.

Direct Trump quote:Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

What i heard: "Someone willing to risk their life and fortune to subvert the legal immigration process is likely to be someone who would be weeded out by it, we should enforce our borders better".

What you heard: All mexicans are rapists, white power!

Direct Trump quote:"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Although the Second Amendment people—maybe there is. I don't know."

What you heard: Someone please shoot hillary.

(Frankly "What i heard" could just as easily be "What he should have said", but really, what do you expect from a candidate from queens)
[/quote]

I'll give you the first one as a maybe possibly reasonable argument to someone who is completely deaf to dog whistles.

The second one is clearly a threat however.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

PoorMoralCompass posted:

I don't know how you can top calling for people to shoot your opponent if she wins but I'm very excited to find out.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lol in case you needed another reason to hate him, Joe Lieberman is considering endorsing Trump.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Supercar Gautier posted:

You'd think they would have done a group huddle first, to get their story straight, but nope, every Trump surrogate is leaping heroically into the fray with a wildly different "obvious" interpretation.

This is because each Surrogate is trying to vie for Trump's attention so wont cooperate..
If they win, they will be rewarded.
If they lose, they can get a book deal on how they were in the middle of 'How Trump destroyed the Republican Party'.

And I bet you there is a poo poo ton of more money to be got from the latter.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Will he throw a baby? He might throw a baby.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol in case you needed another reason to hate him, Joe Lieberman is considering endorsing Trump.

Ahahaha, what a piece of poo poo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Sensible Thursday posted:

D&D I love you but you're really bad at not feeding trolls.

It's really hard to tell when they act far more civilized than the goddamn nominee of the republican party.
This election I don't believe trolls exists. Everyone is way dumber, more racist and sincere than I could ever imagine.

EDIT:

Trabisnikof posted:

See?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Arrgytehpirate posted:

My dream is for Trump to sub 100 electoral votes.

And if the Russians hack to give Trump 0 electoral votes in an attempt to provoke civil war in America?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Before the end of the night the right wing talking point is going to be that Hillary said the same thing about Obama in 2008(her ill advised Robert Kennedy comparison) even though it's not remotely the same thing.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I think racism is an aspect of our personality we should all identify in ourselves, admit, and make sure we dont hurt anyone who doesnt deserve to be hurt. But this does not jive with the DnD definition so w/e certainly dont listen to me.

and, ya know....... white nationalism

i think most people agree with that but instead of "make sure we dont hurt anyone who doesnt deserve to be hurt" you got probated multiple times for arguing that treyvon martin deserved it

so in this case it's not the liberal d&d hivemind that is wrong, but you failing to live up to your own stated expectations

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/763136332784951306

I really can't believe this 2nd amendment poo poo is where we are in this election today. I figured it would take Trump getting owned in a debate before he openly called for her murder.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Call her an actual witch. Burn her at the stake! A CROOKED STAKE!

But seriously, his calls to violence beginning with his early speeches, have just doubled down again and again. Someone's going to take him up on his suggestions if he keeps it up.
Our country is literally about to be stolen, remember.

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 9, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Dirt posted:

I really can't believe this 2nd amendment poo poo is where we are in this election today. I figured it would take Trump getting owned in a debate before he openly called for her murder.

Probably my favorite twitter account right there

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

GreyjoyBastard posted:

"Get me some babies, I will kiss them in front of everyone, it will be HUUGE in the press"
*5 babies brought on stage, 1 is non-white*
"Aww, look at the little babies here, let me kiss them"
Kisses all but the non-white one.
"Don't want to catch Zika now, do we."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah he murdered that baby, but clearly it was just a commentary on how many babies that Democrats have murdered with their pro-abortion policies.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
How the blue staring gently caress is he going to top this, wearing actual nazi uniform, growing the moustache?

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Dirt posted:

god dammit I was just about to post that. Nihilist Arby's is amazing.

Also nothing surprises me at trump. He's already kicked babies out of his rallies, made "She's on the rag" jokes, and gone after gold-star families. And now "Gosh it'd be a shame if somethin' were to happen to her".

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
He also doubles down on every idiot thing he says so I wonder what he's going to say this time

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

How the blue staring gently caress is he going to top this, wearing actual nazi uniform, growing the moustache?

Still hoping for the c bomb during a debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Some mother will hand him a baby and he'll go all Liu Bei on it.

• Locked thread