Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also yeah making masking tape pattern wallpaper sounds like a really boring and involved process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Turn your bathroom into a maritime hell by adding these freaking ropes to everything, staple colorful towels to every surface like an animal but wait...don't forget nickel accents, they're very modern.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

If you're living single have you considered a Dahir Insaat earthquake bed?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Palpek posted:

Turn your bathroom into a maritime hell by adding these freaking ropes to everything, staple colorful towels to every surface like an animal but wait...don't forget nickel accents, they're very modern.

*a animal

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
People who live in houses like that put too many clashing spices in their food so that no matter what they cook it tastes the same.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
What a waste of a wine glass

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiggum posted:

Actually, why were the sounds ever audible? It can't have been necessary, surely? It had to send tones through the phone line, not play them in the room.

Originally, acoustically coupled modems. The phone company had a monopoly on devices that were electrically connected to the phone network.

In later years, it was just what people expected.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I found this neat and useful and it made me very happy. I probably shouldn't post it here.

https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/

This lets you move/resize windows on Windows without pixel chasing down window edges. With this you just down a hotkey (eg Alt or Win) and just clickdrag anywhere on the window (eg left button for move, middle/right for resize, just like on Linux). This takes my blood pressure down a good couple of psi.

e:

Aristophanes posted:

The masking tape on the bathroom wall thing is really bothering me. It's gonna get wet and mouldy!

Oh and why not wallpaper your loving fridge

You're supposed to paint it. It's masking tape. So paint goes up straight, with clean edges, and don't go where you didn't mean it to go. Then masking tape comes off. You inept motherfucker goddamn.

Oh there I go posting actual explanations and tips again. gently caress! Fuckity gently caress!

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Aug 8, 2016

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Someone Awful! posted:

putting your mouth wash in a decanter makes you look like a crazy person

like, almost all of those are insane but that one really stuck out to me
On the plus side, it will also also make you a crazy person! Many cheapo "crystal" decanters are lead-based (which leach) and are not designed to have alcohol in them for long periods of time.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Aristophanes posted:

The masking tape on the bathroom wall thing is really bothering me. It's gonna get wet and mouldy!

Oh and why not wallpaper your loving fridge

Apartment Therapy and a few other interior design blogs were all about the wallpapered fridges for a few years. If I moved into a rental that had atrocious appliances, I would consider it, but I would have to be truly desperate.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Eponine posted:

Apartment Therapy and a few other interior design blogs were all about the wallpapered fridges for a few years. If I moved into a rental that had atrocious appliances, I would consider it, but I would have to be truly desperate.

Plastidip your fridge.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Putting a candle on an upside down wine glass sounds like a fire hazard.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
They don't run the "wallpaper your fridge" stories much anymore. I can't wait for WHITE SUBWAY TILE EVERYWHERE to become just as dated.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
don't worry about masking tape residue apparently, either.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard posted:

You're supposed to paint it. It's masking tape. So paint goes up straight, with clean edges, and don't go where you didn't mean it to go. Then masking tape comes off. You inept motherfucker goddamn.

Oh there I go posting actual explanations and tips again. gently caress! Fuckity gently caress!

Here. You paint the loving wall, in a color, and dry it out by applying time to the wall. You then affix the loving tape to the wall in disconcerting patterns with your flailing twig arms. Then you move the tape so it sits in the shapes you meant it to be with your epileptic lack of wit, iterating until running out of patience. See, if you had gone and painted on the shapes directly with your spastic mitts like you originally thought then your apartment would already at this point be looking like an impressionistic Dali interpretation in tweaker poo poo, but now it don't. Your welcome.

Then you paint in between the tape, in the same loving color, once more. This is not primarily because the loving paint goes on the tape, which it of course does because you should not be trusted with a brush in your own home, but because the loving paint also goes under the tape, because you are not a loving pro vacuseal tape monkey you only smell like one. At this point my sage advice has again kept you from adding any more runny diarrhea streaks to your décor, you betwerked nincompoop.

Now. Wait more. Because paint under tape dries slower than paint not under tape. You moron. Jesus.

NOW you paint again, in ANOTHER color, not the same one, but from the other can they gave you at the store when you asked for "matching colors" "to paint with". You remember you did that right? No? No, paint between the tapes again. Yes the same spots. Again. gently caress you.

NOW RIP THAT FUCKTAPE STRAIGHT OFF, BEFORE IT DRIES! Because if you don't you'll rip the top coat off along with it of course, and then all your patterns will look like a preschooler had a crayon fight to the death with a toddler in your shitter. NO DON'T PUT IT ON THE FLOOR oh great now you have shitstreaks on your flooring too. Yes, and on your face. Remember that you PULLED THE loving TAPE OFF WET??? NO??? REALLY????? GOD!

CLEARLY THIS IS BETTER THAN WALLPAPER

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:02 on Aug 9, 2016

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

Here. You paint the loving wall, in a color, and dry it out by applying time to the wall. You then affix the loving tape to the wall in disconcerting patterns with your flailing twig arms. Then you move the tape so it sits in the shapes you meant it to be with your epileptic lack of wit, iterating until running out of patience. See, if you had gone and painted on the shapes directly with your spastic mitts like you originally thought then your apartment would already at this point be looking like an impressionistic Dali interpretation in tweaker poo poo, but now it don't. Your welcome.

Then you paint in between the tape, in the same loving color, once more. This is not primarily because the loving paint goes on the tape, which it of course does because you should not be trusted with a brush in your own home, but because the loving paint also goes under the tape, because you are not a loving pro vacuseal tape monkey you only smell like one. At this point my sage advice has again kept you from adding any more runny diarrhea streaks to your décor, you betwerked nincompoop.

Now. Wait more. Because paint under tape dries slower than paint not under tape. You moron. Jesus.

NOW you paint again, in ANOTHER color, not the same one, but from the other can they gave you at the store when you asked for "matching colors" "to paint with". You remember you did that right? No? No, paint between the tapes again. Yes the same spots. Again. gently caress you.

NOW RIP THAT FUCKTAPE STRAIGHT OFF, BEFORE IT DRIES! Because if you don't you'll rip the top coat off along with it of course, and then all your patterns will look like a preschooler had a crayon fight to the death with a toddler in your shitter. NO DON'T PUT IT ON THE FLOOR oh great now you have shitstreaks on your flooring too. Yes, and on your face. Remember that you PULLED THE loving TAPE OFF WET??? NO??? REALLY????? GOD!

This is a very bad post.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ClownHouse posted:

Have you considered a Mezzanine Bed?

No cause that looks super dangerous being held up with a wardrobe and a ladder and no side bars to prevent me from just rolling right out and onto the drat floor possibly causing the ladder or wardrobe to topple on me with the bed.

I'd rather sleep in my death bed:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stuntman posted:

This is a very bad post.

I think I hosed it up and now I can't shredding things

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Platystemon posted:

Plastidip your fridge.

This but unironically.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

Double check what the original post said. It didn't say "use masking tape to make cool geometric patterns when you paint your bathroom." It literally showed masking tape patterns. Like, masking tape as primary decor.

Woulda been a bad post even if you were right, though.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I'm surprised people are picking on the masking tape so much when the same graphic also suggested making patterns on kitchen appliances with electrical tape.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RillAkBea posted:

I'm surprised people are picking on the masking tape so much when the same graphic also suggested making patterns on kitchen appliances with electrical tape.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Palpek posted:

How to make a tacky clownhouse:

I liked this part:

But do you have any idea how goddamn expensive steel medical cabinets are? They can easily set you back one and a half grand.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stuntman posted:

This is a very bad post.

I'm sorry.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Golden Goat posted:

No cause that looks super dangerous being held up with a wardrobe and a ladder and no side bars to prevent me from just rolling right out and onto the drat floor possibly causing the ladder or wardrobe to topple on me with the bed.

I'd rather sleep in my death bed:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385639/

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

You can't just link that and fail to mention Patton Oswalt taking the piss out of that movie and coming up with Rape Stove: The Stove that Rapes People.

But now my curiosity is piqued and I want to know the purpose of that collapsing entombment bed.

e: Apparently it collapses when it senses an earthquake. I'm curious how it does that, yet doesn't send you plummeting into darkness during a bout of vigorous lovemaking or masturbation or just getting into it excitedly. The more obvious question is what quality of life you have in your snuggly sarcophagus beneath your collapsed roof.

Dareon has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Aug 9, 2016

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Karate Bastard posted:

Forgive me for assuming lunacy from the same life hack that suggested folding a giant piece of paper as a "DIY blind" and replacing a big trash can with a smaller one for some reason

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll forgive you for anything sweetheart :)

Me I'm just running my goddamned mouth as usual.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Karate Bastard posted:

nice meltdown

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thanks dude

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Karate Bastard, if lifehacks are just shortcuts does that mean the ultimate life hack is suicide?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh... thought provoking.

But no, straight up offing yourself intentionally is not a very good life hack, I'm sorry.

You see, life hacks are not just shortcuts now are they? Certainly there needs to be an appeal to personal shortcomings, like laziness or cheapness, but a true life hack needs also to have a massive implicit price connected to it that far outstrips the meager perceived benefits of the hack, like for example profound risk or certain injury, or deathly affront to relations, propriety, law, reason or even fundamental physics.

Liiiiiiike.... memorizing the subway timings so you can chip minutes off of your daily commute to restock ramen, by dashing madly over the macadam in the brief gaps between rushing trains, rather than walking the long way around the rail yard, or buying a family pack. Or cobaining yourself out of the library fines for your unreturned mangas.

But yes to be sure, the ultimate life hack -whatever it is- should certainly have aspects of suicide in it.

e: vvvvvvvv hahaaaa suck it dude :cheeky:

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Aug 10, 2016

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's okay, we all make bad posts from time to time. (I make them all the time tho) Just try to remember that the more words you put into a post, the less likely it is to be funny.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Lifehack: Don't encourage people to end their lives, even as a joke.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Electric Lady posted:

https://youtu.be/ByC8sRdL-Ro

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Electric Lady posted:

:suicide:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Aristophanes posted:

Forgive me for assuming lunacy from the same life hack that suggested folding a giant piece of paper as a "DIY blind" and replacing a big trash can with a smaller one for some reason

Big kitchen trash cans for single people mean that you rarely take your trash out and food scraps get nasty in there. Smaller or no trash can means your kitchen smells better and doesn't attract roaches, in places where that is a problem.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dareon posted:

But now my curiosity is piqued and I want to know the purpose of that collapsing entombment bed.

e: Apparently it collapses when it senses an earthquake. I'm curious how it does that, yet doesn't send you plummeting into darkness during a bout of vigorous lovemaking or masturbation or just getting into it excitedly. The more obvious question is what quality of life you have in your snuggly sarcophagus beneath your collapsed roof.

Tomb bed is not for sexing. Only for sleeping. And eventually being entombed with half a cat that was unlucky enough to be sleeping on the edge of your bed when it triggered.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Dareon posted:

Don't worry, if the building collapses you'd probably be dead from the fall anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Tomb bed is not for sexing. Only for sleeping. And eventually being entombed with half a cat that was unlucky enough to be sleeping on the edge of your bed when it triggered.

There are sensors that detect when something's on the edge of the bed so it won't close. So be sure to always sleep alone precisely in the middle of the bed with no blanket or pillow on the edge or your bed won't close in case of an earthquake and you will die with an open tomb bed!