Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Acer Pilot posted:

Bijor is now back online in the foundry for fed goons. Cryptic still hasn't made it a featured mission though :smith:

Have you paid your Skittle tithes this month? You know they get hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.

Acer Pilot posted:

Bijor is now back online in the foundry for fed goons. Cryptic still hasn't made it a featured mission though :smith:

Have you contacted any of the eight devs listed in the contacts portion of the wiki?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Roadie posted:

So it looks like you can get level-scaled twin phasers from replaying Everything Old Is New and you can get Type 2 (Wide) and Type 3 phasers from replaying the last AoY mission, so if you want Maximum TOS on an AoY character, the only thing you need to grind for while you're doing the TOS missions is stacks of enough 23c skill manuals to fill out your endgame boffs.

I don't think the Type 2 phasers you get from AoY have the special vapourise-on-every-kill (as opposed to on crit) effect the old Type 2 does, though, so that might still be worth getting. If they didn't strip the effect from new versions of reward when they updated to AoY.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So has anybody else experienced weird temporary power-up bubbles spawning randomly on ground maps? Walk through them and you get temporary "+20 Damage Resistance Rating", "+20% Max Shields", etc buffs.

I am seriously confused about what's going on here. I've never seen this before.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
Sounds like an Engineer (captain or boff) popping the Combat Supply ability.

On a wholly different note, what ships will everyone be having their AOY Temporal Recruit fly around in? Was thinking of grabbing a Narcine for mine, since I do like carriers and it seemed appropriate for the Temporal Cold war. (That, and the other alternative endgame carrier for Feds is the Jupiter, which I'm not really interested in).

alfheimwanderer fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 9, 2016

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

alfheimwanderer posted:

Yeah, that was it. Somehow I'd literally never seen that in use before.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Nita posted:

Thomas had quite the meltdown tonight:

Mr E7 Army sniper with a 500+ kill count including kids can snipe you from double the world record and has tried to commit suicide over 200 times but has 6 different sniper rifles. The rabbit hole, ladies and gentlemen, I have found how deep it goes.

Poor Thomas: it's a pistol for close up, sniper rifles get accuracy penalties at point blank!

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

alfheimwanderer posted:

On a wholly different note, what ships will everyone be having their AOY Temporal Recruit fly around in? Was thinking of grabbing a Narcine for mine, since I do like carriers and it seemed appropriate for the Temporal Cold war. (That, and the other alternative endgame carrier for Feds is the Jupiter, which I'm not really interested in).

Over the years between week-long giveaways and rock bottom dil/zen prices I've amassed a useless number of level 1-60 ships. When the exchange was super low and they'd do a 20% off ships week or whatever I'd spend all week grinding max dil, selling it at sub 100-1 prices and snapping up all the cheap low level ships for free dumb clicky consoles.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I would kill myself if I was this bad at killing myself.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nita posted:

Mr E7 Army sniper with a 500+ kill count including kids can snipe you from double the world record and has tried to commit suicide over 200 times but has 6 different sniper rifles. The rabbit hole, ladies and gentlemen, I have found how deep it goes.
Haha wow, it's been a while since I've seen one of those "I WUZ A NAZY SEAL!!" turbonerds. It's a particular favorite of a certain subset of compulsive lying sperg for whatever reason, probably because it makes them feel powerful and important despite being 300 pound schlubs who haven't done anything more stenuous than buy a bunch of surplus out of date Army poo poo. They invariably don't know poo poo about what actual service is like but can't help boasting anyway. Used to see those sorts like ever other D&D group back in the day and it as always so amazingly blatant. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I love it when someone gets mad and calls someone else a punk bitch for "disrespecting" them, as if that's a real actual insult people use in the outside world.

If I heard that in real life I think I'd burst out laughing.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Roadie posted:

So has anybody else experienced weird temporary power-up bubbles spawning randomly on ground maps? Walk through them and you get temporary "+20 Damage Resistance Rating", "+20% Max Shields", etc buffs.

I am seriously confused about what's going on here. I've never seen this before.

I've only ever seen them in the ground battlezones. If they're spawning in missions I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Vatek posted:

I've only ever seen them in the ground battlezones. If they're spawning in missions I don't think that's supposed to happen.
Again, it should happen, if you are using Combat Supply. That is its "new" form, compared to its nearly-useless "old" form.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
If you have an engineer with combat support they'll pop out of the box he calls in.

That guy losing his poo poo is delightful. I'm not normally one to mock service members, but this guys insistence that he's a sniper just screams to me that IF he served he was in all likelihood a personnel or supply guy who's bitter about never getting a chance to shoot some of those brown folks. The boasting just sounds like the same tired bullshit I've heard before is all.

As to what ship for your AoY character, future science ship with the TOS skin. Ball Ship best ship.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Nita posted:

obligatory copypasta posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Roadie posted:

New combat supply or dyson ground zone.

Old combat supply was 'you get a five-use medium hypo, enjoy'.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nita posted:

:staredog:

Also anyone able to invite me to TheNextGooneration channel? In-game name is Tallardar@tallardh

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 9, 2016

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
I guess he's as good at killing himself as he is at properly fitting his internet spaceship.

Jxforema fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 10, 2016

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Some of his other truth bombs

literally insane pubbie posted:

[Zone] Thomas@TR71777: the VA has me at 90% chance at committing suicide on my records

[Zone] Thomas@TR71777: hell like i said my neighbors are afraid of me when i take out my weapons to get cleaned

[Zone] Thomas@TR71777: naw why hide when you can kill your ex-wife from 3 miles away with a Berratt .50 cal snipe rifle

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would you brag about that sort of thing?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why would you brag about that sort of thing?

Attention.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

hakimashou posted:

That last one is rather concerning.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

hakimashou posted:

I can't tell if he's a compulsive liar or is a deeply disturbed vet with a flawed understanding of what a 90% disability means to the VA.

I'm probably happier not knowing.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
90% chance to commit suicide and he lived through over 200 attempts. Now if his luck could only translate to getting a kelvin ship from a lockbox.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Conskill posted:

I can't tell if he's a compulsive liar or is a deeply disturbed vet with a flawed understanding of what a 90% disability means to the VA.

I'm probably happier not knowing.

Please. He's every early teenage counter strike player, nothing more.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Nita posted:

90% chance to commit suicide and he lived through over 200 attempts. Now if his luck could only translate to getting a kelvin ship from a lockbox.

lol that's hilarious.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

DancingShade posted:

I love it when someone gets mad and calls someone else a punk bitch for "disrespecting" them, as if that's a real actual insult people use in the outside world.

If I heard that in real life I think I'd burst out laughing.

He writes exactly the same way on his facebook page. Punk bitch neighbours shooting up the block, punk bitch Trump, punk cheating bitch rear end females... and that's just in the past few months.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.reilly.33633

Be sure to check out his ice bucket challenge video

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I assume it'll be drastically cheaper to rebuy all my purple rep gear at Mk 13 UR and upgrade it to Mk14 than it would be to go for UR by upgrade on what I already have, right?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I assume it'll be drastically cheaper to rebuy all my purple rep gear at Mk 13 UR and upgrade it to Mk14 than it would be to go for UR by upgrade on what I already have, right?
Pretty much.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fair enough. Oh god, I'm gonna have to grind Iconian. UGH.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Fair enough. Oh god, I'm gonna have to grind Iconian. UGH.
Brotherhood isn't that bad...

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Could some benevolent goon overlord add Hardslab@roadcrew to the channel? Thanks.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lorak posted:

Brotherhood isn't that bad...

You can mix it with Nak'uhl red alerts too.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
As an AOY recruit, you get not only the AOY rewards, but also the Delta rewards if you did that. Between those and getting cores from the two Kobali ground missions you almost don't have to grind too much.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

LordCo posted:

He writes exactly the same way on his facebook page. Punk bitch neighbours shooting up the block, punk bitch Trump, punk cheating bitch rear end females... and that's just in the past few months.

That's actually not too far off from what I expected.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

LordCo posted:

There was no ice water in that bucket. Another lie!

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

LordCo posted:

I learned two things from his facebook page.

1. He's a bad brother in law.

2. He has just as much military experience as the average FPS console player.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

faxmachine posted:

I learned two things from his facebook page.

1. He's a bad brother in law.

Was his 300th kill at 3 miles also a 360 noscope, though? Next time someone sees him, we should ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

faxmachine posted:

Listen to me you punk bitch I have 23 years experience in Doom and have killed literally tens of thousands of demons so you better not be disrespecting me.

That makes me a Super Elite Mega Master Chief Colonel Sniper Ranger Ninja Marine Cowboy Astronaut who can totally kick your rear end IRL with my Barret Sniper Rifle with a custom bore barrel that fires 18" battleship shells from the USS Missouri.

I fire that rifle one handed.

• Locked thread