Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Looking at Five Thirty Eight this morning, seems like the latest round of polls came in hard against Clinton. :f5h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I think people should have to define "globalization" every time they use it. Maybe with a footnote. It's hard to keep track if people are talking about economic globalization which has existed for centuries; a shorthand for NAFTA, American deindustrialization, etc.; a new world order conspiracy; or just a catch-all for 'the economy is bad!'

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Mr Hootington posted:

Whoa! Filled in the mentally disabled, mistaken identity, excessive force, example of militarization, and black person spots on my police violence bingo card for August.

Oh come on. "Black person" is the free square.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Looking at Five Thirty Eight this morning, seems like the latest round of polls came in hard against Clinton. :f5h:

Polls-only is "only" 84.7% Clinton! :ohdear:

:laugh:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Oh come on. "Black person" is the free square.
I aws going to make this exact post minus the first three words, punctuation and all. Goon hivemind.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:derp::derp::derp::derp:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think it might be less 'came out hard' and more 'came out slightly less overwhelmingly powerful.'

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

This is why the thread title stays.

Also lol. November will be such a blowout, if this is all we have to Arzy over.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a Bloomberg poll that has her *only* up six.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
538 has "Clinton wins pop vote but loses electoral college" at 3.5%, and "Trump wins pop vote but loses electoral college" at only 0.8%. How does that make sense? I thought the democrats had a structural advantage in the electoral college, but these numbers would suggest the opposite.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jimbozig posted:

538 has "Clinton wins pop vote but loses electoral college" at 3.5%, and "Trump wins pop vote but loses electoral college" at only 0.8%. How does that make sense? I thought the democrats had a structural advantage in the electoral college, but these numbers would suggest the opposite.

Because if you win or lose one, you'll probably win or lose the other?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

zoux posted:

It's a Bloomberg poll that has her *only* up six.

Lol. :derp:

Didn't a bunch of actual state polls come out basically saying PA is out of the tiny-handed reach of the yam?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

There's even more in the Baltimore DOJ thing!

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/763377837034315776

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/763380063765233669

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

... So, I am at the point where I genuinely seriously want you to reveal this is someone's parody. This is someone's parody, right? Please?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Polls-only is "only" 84.7% Clinton! :ohdear:

:laugh:

What this means in scientific terms is that for every hundred parallel universes, there are 15 where Trump becomes president. Hope we don't live in one of the dark timelines.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Doomtalker posted:

This is why the thread title stays.

Also lol. November will be such a blowout, if this is all we have to Arzy over.

I was talking with a few friends way before Trump was locked in, etc. about how it's the dream that the GOP being dysfunctional leads to down ticket races flipping D and Democrats somehow take the House. Like I said, it's the pipe dream "wouldn't it be cool if" scenario where I have better odds of winning the lottery.

A short few months later it's gone from crazy rear end pipe dream to "unlikely, but possible".

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Is there a non-Twitter source for this stuff in the BPD report?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This isn't surprising. Our entire justice system is weighed against sex crime victims.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

Baltimore PD sex-crimes investigator: "In homicide, there are real victims; all our cases are bullshit."

Imagine this was the voice over for Law & Order: SVU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Publicly fingered in the butt for a broken headlight:

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/status/763187401288060930

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

whydirt posted:

Is there a non-Twitter source for this stuff in the BPD report?

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3009376/BPD-Findings-Report-FINAL.pdf

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

Imagine this was the voice over for Law & Order: SVU

"In the criminal justice system, conniving whores are ruining men's lives. These bitches are handled by the Case Squad of the Special Victims Units. These are their stories"

:doink:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It should come as no surprise that things are even worse for sex workers:

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/763380650833502208

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/763385602691723264

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

waitwhatno posted:

What this means in scientific terms is that for every hundred parallel universes, there are 15 where Trump becomes president. Hope we don't live in one of the dark timelines.

As long as we make sure Melania doesn't get Gray's Sports Almanac we should be okay.

[edit] I haven't posted here in a pretty long time, what's the deal with the Arzy stuff? I vaguely remember him, but I don't get the references.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

computer parts posted:

Which would only get worse with lower copyrights.

Like, we had a million Sherlock Holmes adaptations a few years ago and that's public domain.
I disagree that your Sherlock Holmes data point is sufficient evidence to conclude that an oppressive copyright regime is vital to a robust and healthy culture.

Pebble and the Penguin
Sep 9, 2010

You're going out there a silly, hysterical, screaming queen, but you're coming back a great, big, passing-for-straight Broadway star!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/763385288295055360

Yesss, Trump, let the news cycle flow through you :getin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Speaking of Police officers being poorly trained as gently caress, here's a Floridan officer who just accidentally got shot dead during a training exercise.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37036848

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

computer parts posted:

Because if you win or lose one, you'll probably win or lose the other?

But Hillary's probability of getting EC-screwed is higher than Trump's, which indicates a structural advantage for Trump. What am I missing here?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

vyelkin posted:

Publicly fingered in the butt for a broken headlight:
Then we assume internal affairs asked them, "Why are you messing up that guy's life?"

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Jimbozig posted:

With those numbers Trump is more likely to lose the electoral college if he wins the popular vote, Clinton's number is only higher because she is more likely to win.

For a while before the conventions Trump was doing (relatively) worse in safe red states than in swing states, so you could imagine a scenario where Clinton ran up the score in safe blue states while Trump narrowly won enough of the electoral college.

Jimbozig posted:

But Hillary's probability of getting EC-screwed is higher than Trump's, which indicates a structural advantage for Trump. What am I missing here?

Hillary's probability of getting EC-screwed is higher because Trump will probably lose the popular vote, and you can't get EC-screwed if you lose the popular vote.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

BUSH 2112 posted:

As long as we make sure Melania doesn't get Gray's Sports Almanac we should be okay.

[edit] I haven't posted here in a pretty long time, what's the deal with the Arzy stuff? I vaguely remember him, but I don't get the references.

Back in '08(?) he would freak out every time Obama dropped a tenth of a point in the polls, and would be dead silent when the reverse happened.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jimbozig posted:

I think you have that backwards- this is the statistical version of "the election is Hillary's to lose". Hillary is overwhelmingly more likely to receive more votes than Trump, so there are more scenarios in which those votes are distributed strangely and produce an unexpected result. Trump has a lower probability of EC fuckery because he also has a lower probability of getting enough votes that it becomes possible at all.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wait he has a spokesman named Bongino?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, Trump could get to 270 vs 268 with narrow wins in a lot of states, leaving Clinton with a higher total pop vote by concentrating votes in California, New York, etc.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
So no unendorsements from Ryan, McCain, etc.?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

I see someone doesn't understand the actual meaning and context of Donald Trump's words.

I'm afraid there's no such thing as "meaning and context" with respect to Tronald Dump words.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Jimbozig posted:

A big part of that is millions of Clinton's votes are going to come from New York and California, where a great number of those votes are immaterial to her victory in the electoral college.

Pebble and the Penguin
Sep 9, 2010

You're going out there a silly, hysterical, screaming queen, but you're coming back a great, big, passing-for-straight Broadway star!

prom candy posted:

So no unendorsements from Ryan, McCain, etc.?

Nope! Closest we got was McCain wagging his finger at Trump for how he's been handling Khan.

Trump's also gotten glowing praise from Todd Akin since. :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ryan said at a press conference that he hadn't heard what Trump said and then a reporter was like "here I'll read it" and he was all NO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Trump is a good thing for Bitcoin

Oh yes, please.

Please let Trump get into a panic he might lose his billions "millions" and try to invest in butts.

• Locked thread