Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Febreeze posted:

exactly TFF to look like

You should probably go to the hospital, you're having a stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Febreeze posted:

I am currently sitting at a bookstore in Portland waiting for Drew Magary to read from his book and the crowd is like 20 white dudes and exactly TFF to look like
ahem

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

I am currently sitting at a bookstore in Portland waiting for Drew Magary to read from his book and the crowd is like 20 white dudes and exactly TFF to look like

Shout "I AM DRAW PLAY DAVE" awkwardly mid-reading

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Febreeze posted:

pics

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
He's a hilarious dude in real life, it's kind of weird having a beer with a personal hero. He knew who I was, it freaked me out a bit. I mean that's the dude behind the Sexy Rexy meme, which I basically rode the coattails of for years.

I didn't get a pic of him because I didn't want to be a creeper dork but during the Q&A after the reading I asked him what Barry Petchesky (His deadspin co-writer) smells like

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Febreeze posted:

...I didn't want to be a creeper dork...I asked him what Barry Petchesky (His deadspin co-writer) smells like

:what:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you have... *gross as hell cough/burp combo noise* the stairs, mr. magary.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

You guys should join the discord for TFF it's great and has already given us the best In-joke about RG3

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
what is a discord

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's some new IRC thing where you can hear each other talk I think

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It's just slack, they don't use the voice chat. Brown Thunder set it up. We gotta have a refuge when the forums die anyway

https://discord.gg/JBVKf

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Febreeze posted:

It's just slack, they don't use the voice chat. Brown Thunder set it up. We gotta have a refuge when the forums die anyway

https://discord.gg/JBVKf

Wait, I thought we all had a suicide pact for when the forums die. Why have I been stockpiling all these barbituates?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Febreeze posted:

You guys should join the discord for TFF it's great and has already given us the best In-joke about RG3

Ha hahahaha

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

comic idea

Tim Tebow at batting practice and having missed the last 19 pitches. He finally hits one and it sails out of the arena into Pittsburgh and hits Roethlisberger in the dick

Sadly, not in the dick

quote:

So instead he’s trying to get into a different sport, one he hasn’t played since high school. Even if some of his athleticism and work ethic translate over, are we really expecting the big leagues from Tebow? Only Bo Jackson was the kind of freak that could do both

*ahem*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Wait, I thought we all had a suicide pact for when the forums die. Why have I been stockpiling all these barbituates?

*sits expectantly at your feet*

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Febreeze posted:

hahahaha

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

still works

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the tff discord is good yall should join if you haven't

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Sour Diesel posted:

the tff discord is good yall should join if you haven't

I need a fresh invite

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

I need a fresh invite

https://discord.gg/SZT5mHs

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

How else are you going to enter to win a free lunch at Benigan's?

God drat, Swick fades back, he shoots.... *swish*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought the general consensus was that Deion was just above average as a baseball player

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sam bradford lmao posted:

I thought the general consensus was that Deion was just above average as a baseball player

He was alright, career .263 hitter, led the league in triples one year, stolen bases, his speed made up for a lot. He wasn't Bo, but 9 years as a pro is pretty good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sam bradford lmao posted:

Below average slap hitter on his career and I don't remember anyone saying he played the best defense (but maybe I'm forgetting something there), although he did have a couple of pretty good years. Also the speed didn't translate to stealing bases at a good percentage, although Bo had that problem too.

Bo was the superior baseball player by quite a bit, although he was never going to be a hall of famer like he had a shot at in football if he'd played that exclusively (and didn't have his hip explode). Still, he was really putting things together pretty well the couple of years before he got hurt.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
All I know is that it wasn't Deion who was unstoppable in Tecmo Bowl.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

All I know is that it wasn't Deion who was unstoppable in Tecmo Bowl.

Right? Bo was freaking INSANE in Tecmo. He even made Barry Sanders look slow...

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Shath Hole posted:

He was alright, career .263 hitter, led the league in triples one year, stolen bases, his speed made up for a lot. He wasn't Bo, but 9 years as a pro is pretty good.

He would have won the World Series MVP if Atlanta hadn't have blown game 7 v. Toronto in 91(or 92, forget which one exactly).

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

So glad that idea made the comic.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

To be fair, judging from the events in your own comic, Tebow went 1/3 with 2 K’s and a HR.

Most players would take that line in a heartbeat.

Not a comic idea, but Febreeze please make a version with Tebow swinging and missing 150 times before the punchline just for this guy. I will laugh while scrolling down at the least.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What happened to Discord?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What happened to Discord?

It got better

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

JPP Jokez

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/jpp-and-olivier-vernon-pound-it-out/

Also totes recorded a podcast with SA2k coming tomorrow. EHUD YOUR NEXT I WANT BUFF DOLPHINS MAN

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apologies but as Ehuds agent I cannot allow him to partake in a podcast which such poor grammar.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Febreeze posted:

JPP Jokez

Also totes recorded a podcast with SA2k coming tomorrow. EHUD YOUR NEXT I WANT BUFF DOLPHINS MAN
Vernon takes his gloves off awfully fast :stare:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

JPP Jokez

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Febreeze posted:

JPP Jokez

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When JPP does a fist bump does he do the "boom" thing with his hand afterwards?

:colbert:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

You inspired me :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Febreeze posted:

You inspired me :)

I'm inspirational!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"Draw Play" Dave "Febreeze" Rappoccio had poo poo rear end fish taco opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
The best way to eat a fish taco is to throw it in the trash for your pet raccoon to eat.

• Locked thread