Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Silegna posted:

GAH NO WHY IS THAT A THING!

Because Leave LP'd Chrono Trigger. It's all his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InwardChaos
Oct 21, 2010

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.
Lets name Shadow Light, just because.

Speaking of Shadow, the remix of his theme done for OC Remix's Balance and Ruin album is among my favorites of the album.
Have a listen if you haven't heard it before.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Even Tenno have cute, ferocious doggies and a penchant for murder

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

: It appears I have some fan mail! :sugartits:

Kheldarn posted:

Explosionface posted:

Awesome job, Kheldarn. But how would whelk be a weird name for a snail beast?
Don't ask me. Ask Bowser. :shrug:

: Because it sounds more like something I'd do to you! Now be quiet, or I'll whelk ya one!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Mr. Bowser, sir, could I get a signed copy of your book when it's finished?

: Of course you can! And don't worry, I'll charge you extra!

achtungnight posted:

Lord Bowser- Welcome to the thread. Good job taking on the Bestiary. I still intend to at least try to name a few party members after you, but I digress...

: Flattery will get you everywhere! Keep it up, and I might just let you join the Koopa Troop! Gwa ha ha ha!

achtungnight posted:

Are you going to do monsters Leave misses or only those we see in the thread? I know there are some World Map encounters around Narshe and Figaro he didn't cover that may not necessarily come up again. Only curious.

: I'll probably add some kind of appendix to the end of the book.

achtungnight posted:

Good luck with those nasty plumbers and if you get the chance wallop Toad for me. He owes me fifty bucks he hasn't paid in years.

: The Remosless King Of Evil is gonna flatten that stupid Mario! And that Green 'Stache, too! And I'll whelk Toad for you, but I'm keepin' the money! Bwahaha!

: Now, on to the next chapter!

Chapter 2: Figaro Fools

"These attack with Tek Lasers and Metal Kicks. Stick with Remain's AutoCrossbow and you'll do fine."
: That thing just needs a few cosmetic changes, and it'll be a great new mode of transport for me!

"A wasp with a big stinger. Its IronNeedle looks bad, but it's not poisonous."
: Burn the bees!

"Watch this one-eyed foe too long and you might drop off into Slumber."
: Sometims known as a Bleary. He's weak to fire? That's my kind of party!

"A species of caterpillar that gives you Heart Burn whether you eat it or not!"
: A Crawly. That's weak to fire. Almost everything seems to be weak to fire. Maybe I should just conquor this place...

"If you haven't had to duck a few LodeWrenches, you haven't met one of these Imperial maintenance troops"
: This Grease Monkey is weak to poison, so he's getting an invitation to Kammy's next party!

"Look out for the Rhinotaur's Redline charge attack. Sometimes when these die they fire off a Mega Volt."
: Rhinotaur? Ugh. Who names these things? Wait... Mythril Claws... Hmm... A claw upgrade couldn't hurt... Could it?

: Alright, that stupid Mario stopped my last plan to kidnap Peach, but my new plan can't fail! He's gonna get whelked good! Just as soon as I finish making my plan...

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
That guy's a Tenno for sure. (Besides, there's a better character to be named Bowser.)

DayoDayo
Apr 23, 2016

Bowser!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"South" Figaro seems like a recent conquest of Figaro's in a Europa Universalis game that hasn't really acclimated to Figaro culture yet.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Gotta name him NarutoTenno, believe it!

Given how popular a choice Bowser is though, some part of me would just keep laughing if we somehow avoided ever naming a character that.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
It already happened in the Chrono LP

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

mauman posted:

It already happened in the Chrono LP

The goons were boring in that LP, really. Literally only two name changes in the entire game, and one of them was just adding an H to a name.

Stormgear
Feb 12, 2014
Too edgy for his own good, hangs around with a dog that's only occasionally helpful in combat, buggy as gently caress and still amazing despite it all?

Tenno works prety well, I'd say.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
While Tenno was a good suggestion, Bowser had the votes needed to win the day!

DayoDayo
Apr 23, 2016

Yay!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Oh well. I may as well leave these here anyway.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Where did the punster go when he was defeated? The "punitentiary"!
Tenno was a good name pick, but we had a staple to take care of first. Thankfully there's no more of those left to deal with.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SMaster777 posted:

The goons were boring in that LP, really. Literally only two name changes in the entire game, and one of them was just adding an H to a name.

Way boring. Like I said earlier, default names are boring. Thankfully we're not having that problem this time around!

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Silver Falcon posted:

Way boring. Like I said earlier, default names are boring. Thankfully we're not having that problem this time around!

There are a few that should remain as the default, because they're that good (in my opinion).

Thankfully Terra managed to pull it off

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I have some very awesome original names planned for the upcoming characters. Don't know if they'll get the votes, but I'll throw them in the hat regardless. I'm very eager for when many of these characters arrive.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Seven: Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we made our way through South Figaro, met a shadowy assassin named Bowser, and discovered a small house near the town that Leave has been living in. Today, we're going to investigate Mt. Kolts to see if we can track down Remain's wayward twin, so let's roll.

This update will be longish, but because there's a fair chunk of dialog near the end of it.

We're also climbing a mountain as well as snagging some good treasures.

We'll be going through a fair few of these short caverns, as well. I really like the music for this area, too.

I'm trying to get much better about posting music links. When I did post them before, I'd usually put it up where it first shows up and then never again. I'm not promising I'm going to get every link posted in the right spot, but I'm going to try. The music in this game is pretty good stuff, and I think it adds a lot to the dungeon crawling.

I also really like the green of the grass here. It's such a good green color, the kind of color that grass should be. It's a healthy, vibrant green.

Heading south from that exit shows us there's a chest over there, but not one we can access from here.

But, as we can see here, there's an opening over there that will let us at the treasure.

From here, you can see the hidden path we'll need to take to get over there.

But before we do that, we've got some new enemies to talk about!

The Zaghrem isn't too tough, but they do have a good piece of equipment, the Bandana, that you can steal. Not that Nathan cooperated and actually stole one for me, the son of a bitch.

You'll notice that Remain is glowing red; he has the Haste status applied to him, and that's because when I replayed to rename Shadow, I tracked down the hidden Relics in the basement of the rich man's house. We found some Hermes Shoes, which add Haste to the wearer, and a Hyper Wrist, which increases a wearer's Strength by 50%. I gave the Hyper Wrist to Nathan because why not.

Haste boosts your speed pretty well, and since Auto Crossbow is my best method of dropping tons of damage on entire groups of enemies, Remain was the natural choice.

Generally speaking, Humanoid type enemies are weak to Poison, but these jerks are actually weak to Ice element, which we have no access to right now.

In fact, Poison will heal them, so the Bio Blaster is a no-go here.

They have two attacks, the basic hit and one called Punch, which is the standard stronger attack than normal that most enemies have.

With 137 HP, they're not too tough, but they have decent damage output.

Recommended method of destruction is to sling some iron their way.

They're worth 79 EXP a piece and 84 Gil, and have a small chance to drop some potions.

This isn't the first hidden passage we'll be going through here.

But it holds a new weapon for Nathan, and a fair boost to his power as well.

A four-point boost to Speed is nothing to scoff at, and neither is the 21 extra Attack; ten more Evasion is definitely a good thing, as Nathan now has, roughly, a 33% chance to dodge attacks coming his way.

Back on the main path, we start crossing a bridge over one of these bottomless pits that are so incredibly common in video games.

But, you know, that wall over there looks a little odd. Let's go check that out.

But not before taking on another couple of palette swaps.

They've got a lot of health, at 270, and have pretty good attack power, to boot.

This is from their regular attack; they have a special attack called Gore, which will do around 60 damage to whoever it hits.

Not that Nathan particularly gives a poo poo about that.

They're also weak to Fire, so we have plenty of options to take them out with ease.

They drop 163 EXP a piece, as well as 102 Gil.

They also have a rare chance to drop Gold Needles, which cure Petrify. I think I mentioned that before.

I think this path is pretty well hidden. You're probably not just going to wander over there, and might just hit the bridge and keep rolling, not really thinking about it.

Or maybe I'm wrong about what constitutes well hidden and you're laughing at me right now.

Either way, there is a kickass piece of treasure in here.

It boosts physical damage by 25%, and the Auto Crossbow qualifies as physical. While Nathan could make use of this, his physical attack only hits one target, while the Crossbow hits all. In short, Remain will make the best use of this right now, and unless you make a really good argument against it, I won't listen otherwise.

Okay, back across the bridge.

Who the hell is that? Leave?

Get back here, you son of a bitch!

Aww, nuts, we lost him.

But, hey, we found some off-brand Triffids.

The Trillium, being a plant and alla that, is indeed weak to Fire. They also absorb Water, but it's going to be a good while before we have any sort of access to the Water element.

They have 147 HP, so they're nothing to take seriously. They can inflict Poison on your party members, but Terra has learned Poisona, a spell to cure that status.

They give out 97 EXP each, and drop 134 Gil. Trillium is also the name of a real plant, native to North America and Asia.

Heading through here leads us to some more treasure, but nothing quite as good as what we've already found.

But one I'll definitely use. Tents are the poo poo.

The path forward is down here.

That bridge to nowhere over there? Yeah, actually leads to nowhere.

Instead, we want to come up here and through the exit.

Where we encounter our mysterious friend again, hopping along the mountain.

There's also a layer of fog up here, and I think it looks pretty neat.

And some enemies that could be dangerous, if not for the ability to take them all out with a volley from the Auto Crossbow.

The Cirpius has 134 HP, but their defenses are a little lower than normal, so even without the Gigas Glove, Remain could destroy them all in one shot.

They can be dangerous because of their special attack, Beak. It can Petrify a party member, and if all three get turned to stone, then it's game over.

They're worth 82 EXP a piece and 102 Gil. There's a good chance they'll drop an Antidote, too, and on rarer occasions, a Potion.

Mt. Kolts isn't very long, in all actuality. We're pretty close to the end right now.

As evidenced by the save point.

When standing in a save point, we can use a Tent to fully restore the party's HP/MP, or a Sleeping Bag to fully restore one person's HP/MP.

There are several different tent sprites, too, depending on who's pitching the tent.

I feel there's a joke to be made there, but I can't quite pull it out.

This is the last screen of Mt. Kolts. We're about to have a shitload of talking come up.

We're just winding our way down the path.

Until we get around to this point.

Where our mystery man finally reveals himself.

He's now our only barrier to getting out of here.

:ducksiren:For those interested, the boss fight video starts here!:ducksiren:

Not really. We're trying to find him right now.

Hey, bud, what'cha--

--Oh.

He's drop kicking our party out of Remain.

You're awful calm for someone who just kicked you in the face.

Terra? You okay over there?

Nobody is going to check on you? At least you're not dead.

I guess you have Cure, but someone could at least ask if you're okay.

And I've got no plans on not kicking your rear end.

How dramatic!

Vargas comes flanked with two bears, the...Ipooh? Jesus, what a terrible name.

And before we can attack Vargas himself, we've gotta get rid of his bears.

They have some decently strong physical attacks, and 360 HP a pop.

I don't think I have to talk about the Auto Crossbow right now.

The combination of the Hyper Wrist and Main Gauche allows Nathan some impressive attack power.

The Ipooh is also weak to Fire, so Terra can contribute very well to their demise.

And thus, ends the saga of the Ipooh.

Now Vargas is our only target and he's no slouch.

As Gale Cut is going to hurt like a bastard.

Thankfully, Gale Cut won't come every turn. It comes on every second turn that Vargas has, otherwise he will just use a regular physical attack.

This is also one of the more accurate representations of some Phoenix Down that I can think of.

So, Terra is just seconds away from either being punched to death, so Nathan is going to heal her up.

With a Hi-Potion, Terra will be put back to max HP.

Vargas is actually weak to Poison, but there's something I'd like to show you.

The Auto Crossbow did 188 damage.

He doesn't hit quite as hard as his bears did, but that's still nothing to scoff at.

Or maybe it is, since Terra can just negate that damage.

Now, remember, the Auto Crossbow did 188.

Bio Blaster is only doing four more damage, and the animation takes a little longer, as well as not looking as cool as the Auto Crossbow. I only care about how long something takes when I'm recording, because that's less frames I have to pick through to grab shots, as well as fewer gigs of video on my hard drive.

After dealing enough damage, about 800 or so, Vargas finally gets serious.

He actually has 11,600 HP, but there are certain triggers in this fight, which you'll see in a minute. It's also the most important one.

But, never mind that poo poo, there's someone coming to save us!

My God, it's Leave!

The party scoots to the side, to let Leave and Vargas have their conversation.

: Why did you kill Master Duncan? How could you kill your own father!?

: The fool snubbed me, his only son! He chose you as his successor!

: That's not true! Our master--

: It's true and you know it!

I'm throwing in this shot so that someone can point out the ugly sneer on Leave's face. I'm just not seeing it.

: He wanted you to be his successor, not me! He knew you had the most potential...

: I'm sick of listening to your lies! I've got far more than just potential! Why don't you see for yourself?

Vargas uses a new technique, one that creates a powerful wind and begins blowing our characters away.

Remain is the first to go, with Nathan hot on his heels.

Before long, Leave is the only one left.

: My father was right to see so much in you!

: I guess there's no avoiding this...

: Fate made us train together...and now fate will send you to your doom!

To really hammer home the point, Vargas now uses his patented Doom Fist.

It gives Leave the status effect of Doom; when that counter reaches zero, Leave will die.

Leave's special command is called Blitz, and the Blitzes are loving awesome.

To use them, when the cursor is pointing at Leave, you have to enter certain inputs, much like you would with a fighting game.

For instance, this attack is performed by performing a quarter-circle turn forward, like how you would fire off a Hadoken with Ryu, in Street Fighter. Despite that, it looks more like a Kamehameha.

Blitzes are, in general, quite powerful and more worthwhile than Leave's regular attack.

We've got to deal a lot of damage, so let's get it on.

Leave uses claws as his weapons, and he's the game's resident Monk.

His physical stats are all really damned good, but his magic suffers a little bit. Despite that, a lot of his Blitzes are magic-based.

: I need to use a Blitz technique, like the master taught me...

This is the last trigger of the fight; there's no way we're going to get rid of more than 10,000 HP off of Vargas, so we have to activate the other trigger to end this fight.

Our Aura Cannon doesn't count as that Blitz. We have to be specific.

Raging Fist is the Blitz that will end this fight; a rapid series of punches right to the dick.

Hey, not how I would have done it, but whatever gets results.

: If only you hadn't been so consumed by pride...

And, just like that, Vargas fades away...

Cheer up, Leave. He would have killed you, your brother, and everyone else around if you hadn't beaten his sack into submission.

My wife!

Uh, Nathan, what the hell are you doing?

You are making everyone uncomfortable.

:aaa:

:hellyeah:

See, Leave loves that poo poo.

: Anyway...Remain, what are you doing here?

: We're on our way to the Sabre Mountains.

: To the Returner hideout, no doubt?

Remain nods, since apparently saying something was too much effort.

And the stars are burning, and all your dreams are coming true, so you better believe it!

~I would do anything for love~

...Sorry about that. I like Meatloaf.

Dude, it's okay if you've not been paying attention and been busy punching bears. Nobody here will judge you.

: There will be no more playing lapdog to the Empire....I'm through with that act.

: Think a "bear" like me could be of any help?

: You'd join us? Leave...!

: I think Duncan would rest easier knowing his training helped bring peace to the world.

But before we do, let's check out the stats of our newest party member.

I could have stolen a pair of these from Vargas, but I got some from the Belmodar just outside of Mt. Kolts.

Leave is a giant wall of beef, with good Strength, Attack and Defense, but for the most part, I'll be using his Blitzes in battle. They're far stronger than his regular attacks; for instance, Raging Fist ignores Defense, while Aura Cannon has power on par with the second level elemental spells, as well as being of the holy element.

Finally, his list of available Blitzes. Meteor Strike is also known as Suplex, and it's an extremely powerful physical attack, but its damage is halved when other enemies are present. It can also be used for one of the most badass moments in the game, but we'll get there when we do.

And now we get going by going into the last cave and snagging this Tent.

We head out of the exit, to the final screen of Mt. Kolts. Leaving this place is as simple as heading south and off the screen.

With that, this update is finished off, and we're going to take a break. Next time, we'll head to the Returner's Hideout, so I'll see you there!

Stay tuned!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I have to say, the original SNES translation of the enemies' names makes way more sense in many cases. Zaghrem- hey, no Brawler works way better. Unseelies should be Repo Men. Rhinotaur is way more memorable than the new name they gave those guys. I liked the Whelk's new name, but the rest of it so far... Ugh. Still enjoying the game a lot.

Particularly since Leave just showed me a hidden path and chest I never knew about even after over twenty years of playing this game off and on! Thanks man. :)

The different tent sprites are the fun thing about tents which I earlier mentioned. I like Remain's little crown at the top most, but some other characters' are interesting too. Can't spoil them all right now- I'm sure there's a tent montage somewhere on the Internet.

The whole Vargas confrontation still seems contrived and convoluted after all these years. Thank God the main plot of the game makes far more sense. It's gotten somewhat better without the Woolsey dialogue, but not much. Leave is way more of a bear than a bodybuilder who strayed from his gym. Why did Vargas have those bears anyway? :iiam:

Leave is a good character, but I hate to say he's never as useful to me as he could be thanks to my not knowing how to input diagonals on most video game controllers. A lot of his blitz combos are hard for me to remember and input quickly enough too. Yes, I suck at fighting games. :( So because of this, I stick with Pummel (this game calls it Raging Fist but whatever, it's the Kenshiro Fist of the North Star move) and Suplex (Meteor Strike is its new less cool IMO name) when I use Leave way more than some of the more elaborate Blitz moves he also gets (Aura Cannon and so on). I fully expect Leave (the LPer) to show these off as they are learned. I also hope he'll Suplex as much poo poo as possible, especially stuff nobody should be Suplexing in real life like giant robots and dragons. That is what makes Leave IMO one of the coolest combatants in the game. :D

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 11, 2016

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!

achtungnight posted:

The whole Vargas confrontation still seems contrived and convoluted after all these years. Thank God the main plot of the game makes far more sense. It's gotten somewhat better without the Woolsey dialogue, but not much. Leave is way more of a bear than a bodybuilder who strayed from his gym. Why did Vargas have those bears anyway? :iiam:

The bears are the real tragedy. I mean, imagine all the time and effort involved in training a pair of karate bears and then just like that they're gone. One fight. And I don't even know if phoenix down works on bears.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You don't have to do diagonals, at least in the original version (not sure about the remakes). The way diagonal inputs work in the original, you can use either the vertical or the horizontal direction which corresponds to the diagonal. For example, for Aura bolt, you can do down, down, left, or down, left, left. Both work.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
drat my literal mind, I never knew that. Thanks.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I always hated Pummel. For some reason, it's the one Blitz I gently caress up 80+% of the time for reasons unknown.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Zurai posted:

You don't have to do diagonals, at least in the original version (not sure about the remakes). The way diagonal inputs work in the original, you can use either the vertical or the horizontal direction which corresponds to the diagonal. For example, for Aura bolt, you can do down, down, left, or down, left, left. Both work.
I can attest that this is also viable in the GBA version. I don't know how things changed in the mobile version, but I imagine that such commands are easier to pull off in order to compensate for the inherent limitations of a smartphone or tablet.

And because of this, Leave (well, Sabin in my game considering that I only changed one name) was part of my power team through to the end of the game. He's really good if you know how to make use of Blitz and give him gear to help out with his magic.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I have played this game a lot. Way too much.

Sabin is always in my party when possible. Always.

Best character.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I know the GBA's sound quality isn't as good as the SNES's, but there's just something about FF6 GBA's version of Decisive Battle that seems off. It sounds very echo-y.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't know how many times I've played this game, and I never knew that Gigas Glove was there

DayoDayo
Apr 23, 2016

Sweet update leave!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I don't know how anyone could mistake Sabin/Leave for a bear. He's clean shaven. :colbert:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Seravadon posted:

I don't know how anyone could mistake Sabin/Leave for a bear. He's clean shaven. :colbert:

It's the karate

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

: See? I told you I'd force my way into this LP! :sugartits:

Explosionface posted:

I always hated Pummel. For some reason, it's the one Blitz I gently caress up 80+% of the time for reasons unknown.

: You can't do a simple Left Right Left? Guess who's not joining the Koopa Troop! Bwahaha!

: OK, stupid Mario whlek'd me instead last time. What a jerk!

Chapter 3: Koltz Klutzes

"These martial artists joined groups of mountain bandits where they use their combat skills for personal gain."
: These Brawlers use their skills for personal gain? And they're immune to being poisoned by Kammy? Time to send out some Koopa Troop invitations...

"This monter's powerful Gore can take a character out with a single blow."
: The Tusker is yet another enemy weak to fire. Bet you wish you'd managed to recruit me! Bwah hah hah!

"The Bane Touch of this vegetative critter poisons its victims, so buy lots of Antidote before you go to Mt. Koltz."
: This thing must be Kammy's secret ingredient for her stew...

"Its Beak turns all that it touches to stone."
: I wonder how these guys would do against Thwomps...

"If you don't beat Ipooh, you can't attack Vargas. Get it over with fast by using Remain's AutoCrossbow and Bio Blast."
: Or my fire breath!

"You can beat Vargas in one hit with Leave's special Pummel attack. Breath deeply before trying to enter the attack command."
: WAAAHAHAHA! Wario time!
: What? No! Warrio, you can NOT be a part of this! I don't care if they're weak to poison!

: Ugh! While I work on my next plan, Wario, go take care of Mario for me.
: Bye Bye!

: Hmm... Blitz attacks... I think I'll study those...

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Bowser posted:

: You can't do a simple Left Right Left? Guess who's not joining the Koopa Troop! Bwahaha!

I will cut you, you son of a fatherless goat!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
That in-battle scene against Vargas is why I think this is the cutoff point for Terra's 'M-M-M-M-Magic!!!?' cutscene. I'm pretty sure Sabin Leave's one overwrites it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I noticed that Bowser's portrait was circular, so a part of me thought it would be a good idea to do this:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Carbon dioxide posted:

I noticed that Bowser's portrait was circular, so a part of me thought it would be a good idea to do this:

Every part of me thinks this was a good idea.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hey Bowser, are you a ninja?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I am shocked—shocked—that you're linking the SNES tunes without also including the GBA versions.

Mostly because everyone should have to hear what they did to Techno de Chocobo.

achtungnight posted:

I have to say, the original SNES translation of the enemies' names makes way more sense in many cases. Zaghrem- hey, no Brawler works way better. Unseelies should be Repo Men. Rhinotaur is way more memorable than the new name they gave those guys. I liked the Whelk's new name, but the rest of it so far... Ugh. Still enjoying the game a lot.

The critters' original names are, by and large, rear end-pulls. The GBA translation redid a lot of the parts where Woolsey screwed up, but unlike his contemporaries Woolsey did actually stick to the original script for the most part.

(The Unseelie's actual name would've been Unseelie Court, except that there is an obvious length limitation in the UI.)

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

You should just be shocked that I'm including them at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aerdan posted:

I am shocked—shocked—that you're linking the SNES tunes without also including the GBA versions.

Mostly because everyone should have to hear what they did to Techno de Chocobo.

My God, there's zero blending going on there. It sounds like 2 or 3 different songs playing at once.

• Locked thread