Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Oh yeah, terrible optics but I don't think that he was like "Hell yeah, Arab Death"

oh no for sure he doesn't give a poo poo about them

but maybe he's doing the sliding scale math on how many dead american diplomats it would take to cinch him on election day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/WesleyLowery/status/763459609613008896

*tazes child*

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Romney: "“I think it’s a terrible course for America to stand in apology for our values, that instead when our grounds are being attacked and being breached, that the first response of the United States must be outrage at the breach of the sovereignty of our nation, An apology for America’s values is never the right course.”

*walks away from podium*

Romney [Internal Monologue]: "Oh hey, today is taco tuesday! Alright!"

Oh come on.

Romney would never degrade himself by eating tacos.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Meanwhile in Virginia, Trump is blowing hard about how the media loves to spin these webs of fabrication. :waycool:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

So does anyone want to take a guess at what happens if someone makes an attempt on HRC's life? The implication can now be laid at Trump's feet well into the future now by the media. Does the republican party finally shatter or do they manage to hold on somehow?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

seiferguy posted:

Oh come on.

Romney would never degrade himself by eating tacos.

Look at how wrong you are

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ice Phisherman posted:

So does anyone want to take a guess at what happens if someone makes an attempt on HRC's life? The implication can now be laid at Trump's feet well into the future now by the media. Does the republican party finally shatter or do they manage to hold on somehow?

"Lone wolf" etc.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Look at how wrong you are

Oh god, I forgot that he spraytanned himself before doing that. Why do people think that John Boehner Orange is a good color for them?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Radish posted:

"Lone wolf" etc.

*shitlords drape the Gadsden flag over a cop they just murdered*

"Yeah well uh, we can't say with any certainty what type of political affiliation these lone wolf individuals may subscribe to"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/763461289553256449

Hahahahahahasad'afksd'fklasdlfad

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/763465386314477568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Someone remind me: is OH an important state this year?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DeathSandwich posted:

Oh god, I forgot that he spraytanned himself before doing that. Why do people think that John Boehner Orange is a good color for them?

I've always wondered how a professional stylist (which I assume the campaign used) could possibly let that happen.

Then again, the stylist's I've met have some crazy ideas on what looks good.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

zoux posted:

PETA is more about exposure than any kind of cohesive, directed or effective activist campaign. They are Dicks Out For Harambe incarnate.

I was going to follow this up by asking how dumb someone has to be to rush the stage at a major presidential candidate's speech after what Trump said yesterday, and then I realized the answer was "about as dumb as you'd have to be to rush the stage at a major presidential candidate's speech in the first place."

seiferguy posted:

It's probably the same as the Black Lives Matter activists protesting Bernie's speech in Seattle. It's readily available, and easy exposure. The amount of whitesplaining of "Why protest Bernie's rally? He's the best hope for black people!" was hilarious.

I was one of those whitesplainers. :smith: I was pretty gung-ho on Bernie last year and it wasn't until I actually started listening to what black people were saying that I realized how stupid my "but Bernie marched with Dr. King!" arguments were. If nothing else, being one of the Bernie supporters who ducked out before it turned into a diehard Bernout shitshow taught me a lot about just loving listening when people of color talk about issues facing them.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Romney ate those cookies from the 7-11 also.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ice Phisherman posted:

He was just mentally ill. Nothing else caused this attack. It sure is a tragedy that we don't take better care of mentally ill people.

*defunds health care at every opportunity*
*believes people suffering depression and anxiety are just being lazy and can just "get over it"*
*stringently opposes background checks for guns*

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boon posted:

I've always wondered how a professional stylist (which I assume the campaign used) could possibly let that happen.

It might have looked fine in real life, in fact Trump's tan may look better irl, TV cameras and lighting are extremely unflattering.

I mean, they should know that, but the Romney campaign stylist may not have actually been colorblind.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Boon posted:

You remember how Romney's campaign touted their ORCA system as the best ever GOTV application that was gonna totally outperform anything Obama's campaign could manage and then it totally poo poo the bed and died like five different ways due to being cobbled-together piece of garbage built by corner-cutting lowest-bidder types looking to soak Romney for every cent they could get? Same principle.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Boon posted:

I have no idea what happened there, but maybe Romney just spray-tanned himself in some back room where the lighting wasn't very good? Maybe he thought that he looked fine in the mirror, then walked out under bright spotlights everywhere and looked ridiculous.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

zoux posted:

It might have looked fine in real life, in fact Trump's tan may look better irl, TV cameras and lighting are extremely unflattering.

I mean, they should know that, but the Romney campaign stylist may not have actually been colorblind.

Speaking as someone with severe protanomaly bordering on protanopia, even I can tell the stylist had no excuse for that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Isn't it always? Swing state with a pretty hefty pile of electoral votes, and it's one of the ones that's still not a complete lost cause for Trump. So it's important.

Florida's probably going to overshadow Ohio this time, though, given the math that basically says Trump can't win without it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Harrow posted:

Isn't it always? Swing state with a pretty hefty pile of electoral votes, and it's one of the ones that's still not a complete lost cause for Trump. So it's important.

Florida's probably going to overshadow Ohio this time, though, given the math that basically says Trump can't win without it.

Yeah it is which is why it's mind boggling how antagonistic the Trump campaign is being towards its very popular governor who also happens to have won the state primary. I saw a bunch of pics from the OH delegation to the RNC, they did not look like happy campers.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Teddybear posted:

This might tilt us towards foreign policy the next day or two: Libyan rebels (the kind we like, apparently) have taken over IS' pseudo-capital in Sirte.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37037544

As is this: Russia is accusing Ukraine of an aborted terror attack, that's looking more like a Gleiwitz-style false flag to create a casus belli for invading Ukraine...
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...s+World+News%29

loving Putin couldn't wait for Trump to get elected.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

It used to be until a few weeks ago :dukedog:

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Harrow posted:

I was one of those whitesplainers. :smith: I was pretty gung-ho on Bernie last year and it wasn't until I actually started listening to what black people were saying that I realized how stupid my "but Bernie marched with Dr. King!" arguments were. If nothing else, being one of the Bernie supporters who ducked out before it turned into a diehard Bernout shitshow taught me a lot about just loving listening when people of color talk about issues facing them.

You and me both... you and me both...

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Why is Clinton's national lead not being reflected in state polls? She's tied in Iowa, up by two in Ohio and a bunch of others are close.

If the national leads are so strong, shouldn't this be reflected in the states?

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

zoux posted:

very popular governor

Well, I don't know about all of that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CelestialScribe posted:

Why is Clinton's national lead not being reflected in state polls? She's tied in Iowa, up by two in Ohio and a bunch of others are close.

:yum:

Doctor Butts posted:

Well, I don't know about all of that.

It's above 50

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CelestialScribe posted:

What?

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/iowa/

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/ohio/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

zoux posted:

Yeah it is which is why it's mind boggling how antagonistic the Trump campaign is being towards its very popular governor who also happens to have won the state primary. I saw a bunch of pics from the OH delegation to the RNC, they did not look like happy campers.

I think Trump thinks he can just bowl Kasich over. If he's big enough and strong enough, he can make Kasich look weak and win Ohio because everyone will be in starry-eyed awe at Trump's strength.

It ain't gonna work. I'm from Ohio and while my hometown, a suburb of Cleveland that's deep, deep blue, doesn't like Kasich very much, he's still decently popular statewide. For as blue as areas around Cleveland and Columbus are, there's a whole lot of wide-open red land in Ohio and they're more Kasich than Trump. Picking a fight with Kasich isn't going to win Trump votes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CelestialScribe posted:

... it is? I don't even understand what you're asking. Being ahead in national polls don't mean you're winning in every state. You don't need to win every state to still handily win the election.

There are states both Clinton and Trump literally will never win barring some sort of insane disaster. Clinton is polling extremely well in the other states.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Hillary has fallen in the polls in the last day or two (never mind that she's still killing 2nd amendment fixing Trump :v:) so Arzy 2.0 posted.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

... it is? I don't even understand what you're asking. Being ahead in national polls don't mean you're winning in every state. You don't need to win every state to still handily win the election.

There are states both Clinton and Trump literally will never win barring some sort of insane disaster. Clinton is polling extremely well in the other states.

Don't bite fellas.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Young Freud posted:

As is this: Russia is accusing Ukraine of an aborted terror attack, that's looking more like a Gleiwitz-style false flag to create a casus belli for invading Ukraine...
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...s+World+News%29

loving Putin couldn't wait for Trump to get elected.

Unlike Trump, Putin is actually a competent authoritarian and certainly realizes Trump is a buffoon who Putin would like to win, but probably will not. Might as well spool up the war in Ukraine while the Olympics and election fill the news. Turn the situation into such a shitshow that even noted hawk and Putin-hater Hillary Clinton won't be able to do much when she enters office.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zoux posted:

Don't bite fellas.

Oh, right I missed who it was.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Harrow posted:

It ain't gonna work. I'm from Ohio and while my hometown, a suburb of Cleveland that's deep, deep blue, doesn't like Kasich very much, he's still decently popular statewide. For as blue as areas around Cleveland and Columbus are, there's a whole lot of wide-open red land in Ohio and they're more Kasich than Trump. Picking a fight with Kasich isn't going to win Trump votes.

"He might be a worthless rear end in a top hat, but he's our worthless rear end in a top hat" is a fairly common sentiment to see pretty much everywhere. He might be fair game to criticize locally, but don't you outsiders dare talk poo poo about (insert lovely thing/person here).

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The latest Marist poll has her up by one point. That's essentially tied, right?

(In Ohio, that is).

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Romney [Internal Monologue]: "Oh hey, today is taco tuesday! Alright!"
a man should NEVER be judged for his love of taco tuesday. never

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

CelestialScribe posted:

The latest Marist poll has her up by one point. That's essentially tied, right?

(In Ohio, that is).

She's up by 4 in Marist. (By 5 in the head to head)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sundae posted:

"He might be a worthless rear end in a top hat, but he's our worthless rear end in a top hat" is a fairly common sentiment to see pretty much everywhere. He might be fair game to criticize locally, but don't you outsiders dare talk poo poo about (insert lovely thing/person here).

So, basically the way Clevelanders talk about Cleveland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

a man should NEVER be judged for his love of taco tuesday. never

Looks like someone needs to watch the Lego Movie.

Everyone, actually, should. Especially if you're arzying!

Edit: heh.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 10, 2016

• Locked thread