Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

Your discussion is retarded and your analysis is pointless.

"hey guys, why wasn't the upside-down like X, Y and Z??????"
"the show should have had more whatever!!!!!!!!!"
""maybe the next season will do this............"

All of this is stupid and pointless and the people engaging in it are retarded.

Thing exists and is good. Enjoy thing instead of wanking yourselves into oblivion over what it could've, should've been whilst trying to write the second season to match your hosed up fanfic.

i poop from my butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
like what on earth were you expecting when you clicked the thread

I JUST WANT A POLL THAT AFFIRMS THAT THING I ENJOYED WAS GOOD

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Matthew Modine will be back in season 2

i feel it in my bones

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Post more theories about season 2 like it'll even loving matter.

What was the upside-down? What was the tulip-heads motivation? Did you guys see that thing in the background in that one scene? It surely means something!

I'm not sure if i'm ok with that one character with two lines of dialogue in episode 4 so maybe this show is bad?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Pale Horse posted:

The Duffers said they have a good idea where they want the story to go in season 2 and they intentionally left some things open in the finale in order to be able to build on that. I don't understand the desire a lot of people seem to have for them to just quit this story here. I mean, even if they do a second season and it sucks does that somehow take away from the first season? I still love True Detective season 1 regardless of how poo poo season 2 is. Same with early X-files seasons. Just because it got lovely and ridiculous in the later seasons doesn't mean the first 3 or so aren't still great. Regardless, I think when someone makes something this good you have to give them at least a chance to follow it up without sinking immediately into cynicism.

Oh I have no problem with a making of season 2 of any show, its just that so many of these new "original" series tend to get the first season right and the 2nd season so wrong. In either case, its ok to make it, I just hope they make it right (good). I wouldnt want them to not try, regardless.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
season 2 will be a feel good sitcom of the early 90s, a homage to calvin klein windbreaker lines and dipping dots

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

Post more theories about season 2 like it'll even loving matter.

What was the upside-down? What was the tulip-heads motivation? Did you guys see that thing in the background in that one scene? It surely means something!

I'm not sure if i'm ok with that one character with two lines of dialogue in episode 4 so maybe this show is bad?

im just imagining what life is like watching and absorbing all sorts of media and never discussing or thinking about it in any shape or form

i think my nose is bleeding

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Guys, guys...

Ever think that like, TV shows ever really happened so, like. What's the point of watching them?

Also, what is fun?

Baby don't post here

Don't Post here

No more

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
dicussion is, objectively and subjectively, stranger things is amazing and hits all the notes

so anyone who gives it a lower rating than the one on rotten tomatoes is a sophomoric twit who is lost in the endless maze of consumerist america and cant appreciate quality things like I can

anyone also wants to improve and change it with ideas are comically dumb, because if you think u can do better y dont u pitch ur show to netflix and make something unless its all 2 much :effort: from all ur armchair criticism

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
guys i read an article in the paper today

that is all

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

Matthew Modine will be back in season 2

i feel it in my bones

He basically "died" off screen and his death wasn't really satisfying to the audience so I think he's probably been dragged off to the upside down or something.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I have an issue with episode 6 or 7..i cant remember which

but with how Eleven eats her eggos in the wild after stealing

btw i think its uncharacteristic of a good person like her to resort to stealing even though she broke a guys's spine with her mind and killed him instantly

those eggos were frozen

how can she eat them raw?? it dsoesnt make sense!! :psyduck:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Pale Horse posted:

He basically "died" off screen and his death wasn't really satisfying to the audience so I think he's probably been dragged off to the upside down or something.

ooh good point

plus Will was infested by some weird slug so his harrowing journey is not at an end here

Brenner will be Kerrigan p much

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lastgirl posted:

anyone also wants to improve and change it with ideas are comically dumb

It can't be changed. It's done. It is a thing that exists.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

spudsbuckley posted:

b-but

I have an issue with the way the lighting was executed in the scene at the Wheeler's basement in episode 2

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lastgirl posted:

ooh good point

plus Will was infested by some weird slug so his harrowing journey is not at an end here

Brenner will be Kerrigan p much

Oh, but I wish it was an all new cast because all ends are tied up and the slug Will coughed up, went down sink into the town's sewage couldn't possibly have any repercussions that could possibly spawn a whole new season....IDGI!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

spudsbuckley posted:

Was this what your mom would say during parent teacher meetings or something?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

A Pale Horse posted:

He's also mentioned in the lawsuit in one of the articles in the one month later scene at the end so i dunno what's up with that

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

Season 2 is just going to be season one except they're going to replace all the walkie talkies with guns.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Madcosby posted:

guys i read an article in the paper today

that is all

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
walkie talkies were the AIM of the 80s

curazeeeeeee :pwn:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

its cool to talk about the show

its not cool to start sounding like an itchy and scratchy focus group

source: i am the cool police

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Do you like the Clash

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lastgirl posted:

b-but

I have an issue with the way the lighting was executed in the scene at the Wheeler's basement in episode 2

I've got you covered buddy. That's one of the 1567 issues i've put in an alphabetized list and sent to the creators of the show and they have told me they are going to re-film the whole thing with every one of my braindead loving idiot suggestions taken into account.

They are also waiting for me to finishing writing the entire script for season 2 for them as well because i am an internet man talking about a thing so i matter to them.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Booblord Zagats posted:

Was this what your mom would say during parent teacher meetings or something?

:drat:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

spudsbuckley posted:

I've got you covered buddy. That's one of the 1567 issues i've put in an alphabetized list and sent to the creators of the show and they have told me they are going to re-film the whole thing with every one of my braindead loving idiot suggestions taken into account.

They are also waiting for me to finishing writing the entire script for season 2 for them as well because i am an internet man talking about a thing so i matter to them.

oh oh oh

be sure to replace the scene where Will and Jonathan are listening to the Clash

I think they should be listening to Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam even though its insanely anachronistic and its actually because its a personal preference, despite their bonding moment over guy music

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I find it Ironic that Will Byers missed the memo on Friends don't let friends lie

but so did Eleven when she disappeared and now resorts to eating eggos out in the wild supplied by Hopper. Unless she can only temporarily access the lockbox with what little energy she can afford to open a gate from the upside down, and is stuck there. :aaa:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

dont sperg in my thread

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

oh oh oh

be sure to replace the scene where Will and Jonathan are listening to the Clash

I think they should be listening to Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam even though its insanely anachronistic and its actually because its a personal preference, despite their bonding moment over guy music

yeah havent watched yet but the soundtrack seems a bit week considering the possibilities given the setting

id opt for some Debarge maybe? yeah totally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQSZhazYk8

psychokitty posted:

dont sperg in my thread

hey ur thread or not Lastgirl is still way cooler than u will ever be so hush u

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
no tv show will ever have a soundtrack as great as Eastbound and Down tho, though i hope im eventually proven wrong

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mariana Horchata posted:

yeah havent watched yet but the soundtrack seems a bit week considering the possibilities given the setting

The Americans did a whole episode about Yaz. We need more Yaz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D3udbawA1Q

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

FogHelmut posted:

The Americans did a whole episode about Yaz. We need more Yaz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D3udbawA1Q

given that song is a prime example of the 'George Orwave' genre that makes perfect sense

i just hate lazy soundtracks so much, esp 60s period pieces which are much more often than not guilty of this (Mad Men was not one of those, another reason why it was prob the best show of last decade...ffs they spend mondo money for the rights to a Beatles song and their choice? 'Tomorrow Never Knows')

anyways gonna crack a limon pepino and eat my leftover katsudon and start watching this rn since i already took the day off from work just to do nothing but get high all day long in my underwear. hope it delivers!

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 10, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

The soundtrack is being released on friday and people can listen to it on spotify at the moment so you can check that out if you'd like for an early preview if you haven't checked it out but definitely watch it Mariana. If season 2 and beyond goes just as perfect as s1 then I'm calling Stranger Things probably one of the better shows of this decade, way better than Game of Thrones.

I was really meta mocking about the Clash, even though I care little for them, it was pretty solid for the scene and served a purpose instead of some cheesy background song. It was being played on a stereo and the two brothers were aware of it. For a blatant "hey this is pretty loving 80s isn't it?!" it was good and :unsmith:

that Debarge link was good. I kinda wish I didn't live in such an age where you have to be facetious about things like this to appreciate it for what it is in the first place~

This song would be perfect for Mike and Eleven actually, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXvlzUCB74o

giiiiirl :nyd:, you're the coolest

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Lastgirl posted:

I find it Ironic that Will Byers missed the memo on Friends don't let friends lie

Will Byers arc was to go from telling the truth about rolling a 7 to knowing that you should just loving lie about slugs coming out of your mouth so you can avoid consequences.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

City of Tampa posted:

so when are Winona and the cop gonna gently caress? I want them to gently caress.

...but they already did...?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i wish will would just get macguffined away to deep r'lyeh or whatever in like the first 10 minutes of season 2

him being the shows permanent jobber would be funny

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hoppers thoughts that mornings should be for coffee and contemplation often mirror my own

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Monomythian posted:

...but they already did...?

in the past, but not in season 1 unless I missed it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

hoppers thoughts that mornings should be for coffee and contemplation often mirror my own

:yeah:

COFFEE......

and...

contemplation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Mariana Horchata posted:

no tv show will ever have a soundtrack as great as Eastbound and Down tho, though i hope im eventually proven wrong

:agreed:

the Candlebox eulogy and Bone Symphony song from Revenge of the Nerds are standout scenes

• Locked thread