Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

"Nothing like you've ever seen ... assuming you haven't watched any of Rob Zombie's other movies."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh it's sillier The father was gonna commit suicide but ghosts mommy and daughter tell him not to, but the vengeful ghosts were pissed about it so they pushed him off the stairs and use the rope he made to hang him over the chandelier or something to stage a real suicide. Evil Neighbour Jessica Lange steals the baby (the whole season she manipulated the mom to eat brains and get raped by Lange's dead ghost murderous son), and tells the media that the daughter ran off with the kid. the ending implies baby is a satan baby

ok yeah my memory was way off wow

i just seem to recall like a series 'ok i'm gonna save the day" / major fuckup / "it's ok honey you tried" scenes all in a row or something.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I think it was around the time in season 1 when they found the daughters corpse, that I knew I was gonna watch every season. Luckily Kathy Bates came along and saved the show when it was at its lowest.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Do I only have to pay 10 cents?
Because thats what would make me watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgGmQZn77Uw

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jedit posted:

"Nothing like you've ever seen ... assuming you haven't watched any of Rob Zombie's other movies."

The only thing scary about Sherri Moon is her acting.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Light Gun Man posted:

That said, I like the show a lot and Evan Peters in particular. Dude reminds me of a young Malcolm McDowell and I kind of hope he has a similar career? Or is that an insult to an actor maybe? Anyway they both are rad actors.

Evan Peters in AHS: Hotel is loving incredible.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So Rob Zombie and Sherri Zombie are basically Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
31 looks like a return to House of 1000 Corpses-level of badness, but I know I'm going to watch it anyways.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Why is this movie called 31 (is it??) when the important number seems to be 12. None of these numbers add up to 31. What is the 31 for. So frustrating.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

King Vidiot posted:

31 looks like a return to House of 1000 Corpses-level of badness, but I know I'm going to watch it anyways.
God, I can only hope it's similar to Ho1K.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

King Vidiot posted:

The idea that he's returning to that style knowing what he now knows is somewhat exciting to me. Still skeptical cause I also don't care for HO1000C.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are those 12 concurrent hours, or 3 sets of 12 consecutive hours?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

dog days are over posted:

Why is this movie called 31 (is it??) when the important number seems to be 12. None of these numbers add up to 31. What is the 31 for. So frustrating.

The game they're in is called 31 for some reason.

I like the Hitler clown though.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
It's baskin-robbins product placement.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I thought it was that it took place on October 31, Halloween?

Edit: Yep. Zombie said as much.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
You know what other months have 31 days? Over half of them.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Electric Lady posted:

You know what other months have 31 days? Over half of them.

:eng101: Exactly half.

e: nope

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Nice to see his clowns using the naming system from the Elvira: Scared Stiff pinball game.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Nice to see his clowns using the naming system from the Elvira: Scared Stiff pinball game.

My first thought as well.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

dog days are over posted:

The movie used to be about surviving a gang of 31 clowns but Zombie ran out of time and budget again.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont care what yall think, Devils Rejects is the poo poo.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh it's sillier The father was gonna commit suicide but ghosts mommy and daughter tell him not to, but the vengeful ghosts were pissed about it so they pushed him off the stairs and use the rope he made to hang him over the chandelier or something to stage a real suicide. Evil Neighbour Jessica Lange steals the baby (the whole season she manipulated the mom to eat brains and get raped by Lange's dead ghost murderous son), and tells the media that the daughter ran off with the kid. the ending implies baby is a satan baby

All seasons of AHS are a game of "No, that couldn't have happened, that's ridiculous." *research* "Apparently I didn't go ridiculous enough."

dirksteadfast fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Aug 11, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder if he'll utter more ridiculous completely dumbshit threats like "I'll drink you're blood from a boot!" in this one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Swallow Forever lol

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Moby Dick, thar she blows.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

As someone who enjoys Wes Anderson films he may have fallen off with this one.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Couple of new Mondo posters for two Malick films

Wanted to like the Days of Heaven poster because I absolutely love the movie, but that is doing nothing for me. Heavy-handed and slightly cartoonish.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If u can't draw fingers or toes don't make them the focal point of ur drawing

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Arkane posted:

Wanted to like the Days of Heaven poster because I absolutely love the movie, but that is doing nothing for me. Heavy-handed and slightly cartoonish.

I don't think they're poorly-drawn or anything, but it just seems like a complete and total waste to have a Malick poster that doesn't use an actual shot from the film.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
The Days of Heaven poster was nice until I noticed the silhouettes in the corset.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Oh baby, check out da' cross-hatching on dat dame.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Arkane posted:

Heavy-handed and slightly cartoonish.
This should be Mondo's tagline.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Arkane posted:

"Hey, you know what Christina's World really needed? A chick in a corset blocking two-thirds of the view."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Orunitier posted:

The Days of Heaven poster was nice until I noticed the silhouettes in the corset.

Oh, gently caress that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

And then you notice that the negative space between the faces is an old candle holder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, this is a really bad poster.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Palpek posted:

And then you notice that the negative space between the faces is an old candle holder.
If you look at it long enough it can be an old witch of a beeyoutiful woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Swallowing an Amazon's Butthole: A Chuck Tingle Film