Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

SilverGryphon posted:

*watches English trailer* That Minior just up and threw a ton of fossils at the Pyukumuku, I love it. Also, I guess Pyukumuku would be a bad Poke to try to one-shot.

Imagine being so bad that one of your checks is false swipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

mandatory lesbian posted:

heels are up, guzma is a loving poser

His grunts are flat-footed tho

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

greatn posted:

Ash ain't a loser. The fact that he loses sometimes makes him a more 2 dimensional protagonist than the vast majority of shounen anime. And last time he lost in the league it was because he was facing some loving legendary farmer who abused gts or something. This year he has his own pseudo legendary, all his Pokemon except Pikachu are fully evolved, he has something stronger than mega evolution, and has defeated multiple legendaries and mega evolved Pokemon.

Two points;
I think you meant Three Dimensional and I love how we've treated the BW arcs as non cannon :v:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day posted:

The anime doesn't have Brock which makes it harder to watch.

It has Citron which makes it easier to watch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mabels big day posted:

The anime doesn't have Brock which makes it harder to watch.

Brock sucks. Constantly begging every woman he see to gently caress. problematic. The future is now, thanks to science! Clemont is the best male companion, and Bonnie is show MVP.

greatn fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 11, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ConanThe3rd posted:

Two points;
I think you meant Three Dimensional and I love how we've treated the BW arcs as non cannon :v:

No I meant two dimensional. Most shounen characters are one dimensional.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

greatn posted:

Ash ain't a loser. The fact that he loses sometimes makes him a more 2 dimensional protagonist than the vast majority of shounen anime. And last time he lost in the league it was because he was facing some loving legendary farmer who abused gts or something. This year he has his own pseudo legendary, all his Pokemon except Pikachu are fully evolved, he has something stronger than mega evolution, and has defeated multiple legendaries and mega evolved Pokemon.

Honestly, the boy ranks constantly in at least the top 8 trainers in any given region. He even defeated all the frontier brains and was offered a position. Think of how many trainers in the anime don't even have one gym badge.

Ash is a good trainer, he's just not the best trainer.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I have Pre Ordered the Steelbook 2-game bundle.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
AY YO ITS YA BOY

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Honestly, the boy ranks constantly in at least the top 8 trainers in any given region. He even defeated all the frontier brains and was offered a position. Think of how many trainers in the anime don't even have one gym badge.

Ash is a good trainer, he's just not the best trainer.

i've been dunking on entire regions since i was a literal child

it's not hard!!!!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The Ash/Alain match is hype as gently caress. I just wish my boy Noivern didn't go down so quickly. But Hawlucha stepped up for his son like a champ. Hawlucha is the loving best, goddamn.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

mabels big day posted:

it's only stronger if pyukumuku is KO'd with a good chunk of HP left, but it's effectively much more useful. Aftermath does a flat 25%

Pyukumuku seems like a new type of wall; a wall that you can't hit hard or you'll regret it. A wall that stops (or at least, slows down) wallbreakers.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Evil Eagle posted:

I love the show and now I'm learning all the japanese pokemon names from it.

It's funny you mention that, because that was my biggest gripe with Origins. Before it was officially dubbed, the sub was done by two different groups or at least two different people within the same translation group. One episode it was Red telling Jolteon to use Thunderbolt and the very next episode would be Satoshi telling Thunders to use 10,000 Volts.

It was absolutely loving asinine and I forgot there were purists like that out there :psyduck:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ruggington posted:

i've been dunking on entire regions since i was a literal child

it's not hard!!!!

I picture you more like the Fisherman that shows up in each game with 6 Magikarp, except with Yungoos. In the rematch one of them has evolved.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Classtoise posted:

Pyukumuku seems like a new type of wall; a wall that you can't hit hard or you'll regret it. A wall that stops (or at least, slows down) wallbreakers.

Without knowing, well, basically anything about it, at the very least it has utility as a suicidal way to stop set up sweepers. Assuming it has enough hp to threaten the ohko

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Classtoise posted:

It's funny you mention that, because that was my biggest gripe with Origins. Before it was officially dubbed, the sub was done by two different groups or at least two different people within the same translation group. One episode it was Red telling Jolteon to use Thunderbolt and the very next episode would be Satoshi telling Thunders to use 10,000 Volts.

It was absolutely loving asinine and I forgot there were purists like that out there :psyduck:

please be nice to red and his pocket monster nakama

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i am extremely glad i called lightning rod on fire/ghost marowak

i don't know what, if any, major impact it will have on anything at all but im glad i thought of it

alolan raichu is adorable, dark meowth looks cool

new pokemons aren't as cool as previously revealed ones but can't all be winners

e: okay wishiwashi with his school forme is interesting

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
pyukumuku

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i keep thinking it's pyukumuppu

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Classtoise posted:

The sub I'm watching is consistent at least. I don't mind learning the japanese names.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I'm gonna nickname mine Pyukumber.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Classtoise posted:

I hope Satoshi can defeat the shitennou

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

I picture you more like the Fisherman that shows up in each game with 6 Magikarp, except with Yungoos. In the rematch one of them has evolved.

please cut me some slack

I'd evolve two

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
also i really am liking the team skull designs so far

actually designs of most things in sun/moon so far seem to be really good, even for pokemon i don't really care for

i am excited

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lightning Rod on fire/ghost marowak is interesting. Lots of immunities, lots of resists, and a couple rough weaknesses.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I know it's unreasonable to expect fansubbers to change things according to my whims, but I do wish they'd just use the localized names, especially for the monsters themselves.

Also it kills me when they use honorifics where stuff like "Professor" is meant to suffice.

Also, I gotta ask: do these Pokemon Leagues have any rules at all? Magic stones that roid up your Pokemon and trainer/monster fusion seems... iffy?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Without knowing, well, basically anything about it, at the very least it has utility as a suicidal way to stop set up sweepers. Assuming it has enough hp to threaten the ohko

make it alomomola levels of fat and I will use it on every team

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

alohan marowak's skinny body and huge head don't jive with me

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

oddium posted:

alohan marowak's skinny body and huge head don't jive with me

I... I will learn to love it.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
alolan raichu is more garbage than trubbish.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Pyukumuku has low HP and decent to good defense/special defense. In the japanese trailer it looked like it learned Pain Split, however, which compliments its ability perfectly.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elfgames posted:

alolan raichu is more garbage than trubbish.
You have no taste. Those soulless eyes and the way it's surfing on i's tail have sold it to me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

GlitchThief posted:

I know it's unreasonable to expect fansubbers to change things according to my whims, but I do wish they'd just use the localized names, especially for the monsters themselves.

Also it kills me when they use honorifics where stuff like "Professor" is meant to suffice.

Also, I gotta ask: do these Pokemon Leagues have any rules at all? Magic stones that roid up your Pokemon and trainer/monster fusion seems... iffy?

Well mega stones are allowed in the game, I guess it's a little 1%ish that they'd be allowed when only an elite few probably have access. Trainer/monster fusion is brand new and no one has ever done it before in a tournament so there wouldn't be any rules against it. They aren't actually fusing, their souls are syncing up with one another. If Ash jumped in front of Pikachu to tank a hyper beam as he is often wont to do I'm sure that would be a disqualification, but he's staying in his trainer box.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

as long as they don't touch my sweet babies murkrow and dedenne they can give out as many alohan formes as they want

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Countblanc posted:

Lightning Rod on fire/ghost marowak is interesting. Lots of immunities, lots of resists, and a couple rough weaknesses.

im trying to think of direct checks and can't, LR Alolan Marowak doesn't really push anything out of play...what electric type is afraid of fire or ghost?

i guess rotom normal but lol

being able to swap him in on thunderbolt/whatever is interesting though, he fills a fire/ghost slot instead of a normal ground slot. wonder if he still gets earthquake

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 11, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

less laughter posted:

Breloom says hi

he can still do those though. I just hate Effect Spore I guess

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Rafza posted:

im trying to think of direct checks and can't, LR Alolan Marowak doesn't really push anything out of play...what electric type is afraid of fire or ghost?

being able to swap him in on thunderbolt/whatever is interesting though, he fills a fire/ghost slot instead of a normal ground slot. wonder if he still gets earthquake

He evolves from regular cubone (jp trailer) so yeah he gets earthquake.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rafza posted:

Most Mega Manectric can't do anything to it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so do we know how alolan form works for situations like exeggcute or cubone where you bring one from a previous game and then get them to evolve in sun/moon? would they go alolan too or would the pre-evolved pokemon have to be caught in an alolan region in the first place

if it's the latter they could limit eq from alolan marowak by removing cubone from the eq tm list and only having normal form marowak learn it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Brother Entropy posted:

so do we know how alolan form works for situations like exeggcute or cubone where you bring one from a previous game and then get them to evolve in sun/moon? would they go alolan too or would the pre-evolved pokemon have to be caught in an alolan region in the first place

if it's the latter they could limit eq from alolan marowak by removing cubone from the eq tm list and only having normal form marowak learn it

Alolan Cubone could get it from an egg

• Locked thread