Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Grendels Dad posted:

Yes. They are dumb.

It is unfortunate that you think they are dumb, but if you understand then you shouldn't go so easy on the people that don't - there does not seem to be much warrant for the notion that the problem lies in the post's clarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Judakel posted:

No, I am saying the exact opposite.

Well then, add me to the list of people who have no idea what the hell you're trying to say.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sir Kodiak posted:

I like how you say that the range is both "the full extent of the range" and then also another thing, like we wouldn't notice.

A fairly basic premise. Transitions are a part of any range. Think analog, not digital.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Basebf555 posted:

Well then, add me to the list of people who have no idea what the hell you're trying to say.

I did that ages ago.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

You mean humanist, not humanitarian.

Yes, I do. Thanks.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Judakel posted:

A fairly basic premise. Transitions are a part of any range. Think analog, not digital.

Vinyl records have a frequency range of 100–5,000 Hz. A given recording will likely make use of some subset of this range. However, it is the selection of specific frequencies within this range and the arrangement of these selections that make up music.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So did I remember the movie being a lot more monotone than it was?

fake edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwV6AxRy_E
Yeah all I thought when seeing this was 'wow is this what aggresively beige looks like'
Guess it colored (hah) my view on the rest of the movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
No worries, I found it humorous that your example was something drenched in green when BvS features a very prominent green drenched scene.

e: The movie uses color very well imo. It's definitely a stylized coloring that might not be for everyone.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 11, 2016

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Vinyl records have a frequency range of 100�5,000 Hz. A ven recording will likely make use of some subset of this range. However, it is the selection of specific frequencies within this range and the arrangement of these selections that make up music.

In philosophy, the distinction between digital and analog is the difference between states that are mutually exclusive (digital) and states that are "joined" and transition in one another (analog).

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Judakel posted:

In philosophy, the distinction between digital and analog is the difference between states that are mutually exclusive (digital) and states that are "joined" and transition in one another (analog).

Neat. Irrelevant, but neat.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

ABC

Always
Be
Cognizant of the fact that arguing with Judakel is a bad idea

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Neat. Irrelevant, but neat.

It is not irrelevant. A range of emotions is much like an analog "state", joined and inherently involving transitions. Not digital. Cut out the stupid pedantry.

Judakel fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 11, 2016

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

ABC

Always
Be
Cognizant of the fact that arguing with Judakel is a bad idea

Don't be mad that I dismissed your whining about a pimp joke all that time ago.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Judakel posted:

you were probated for being a racist when you did that

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Judakel posted:

Do you keep like, a journal about all the times you think you owned some one?

Like is there a tally?

Because that is sad and the fact that you even know that it was a while ago is sad

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

you were probated for being a racist when you did that

No, I was probated for telling you to suck my dick.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Burkion posted:

Do you keep like, a journal about all the times you think you owned some one?

Like is there a tally?

Because that is sad and the fact that you even know that it was a while ago is sad

Can't say I am shocked that you find a good memory to be unreal.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Judakel posted:

No, I was probated for telling you to suck my dick.

that was a different one that you got a different probation for

edit: I also want to point out that you are banned from posting in this thread, for precisely the reasons we've seen over the last page

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This is pathetic, please stop.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm not wearing pants and I'm curling a cheesesteak while watching BvS. Please discuss.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gatts posted:

I'm not wearing pants and I'm curling a cheesesteak while watching BvS. Please discuss.

With you on the first and last part!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Gatts posted:

How'd the cheesesteak turn out?

You watching the Ultimate version or the Theatrical?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651704&pagenumber=425&perpage=40#post444792287

Nothing about dick sucking

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Judakel posted:

It is not irrelevant. A range of emotions is much like an analog "state", joined and inherently involving transitions. Not digital. Cut out the stupid pedantry.

Accused of pedantry by the guy endlessly arguing for his own peculiar definition of a term.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

that was a different one that you got a different probation for

You're misremembering. The only other probation was a 6 hour one for calling you out for being a wet blanket. You were just calling everyone a racist who disagreed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Accused of pedantry by the guy endlessly arguing for his own peculiar definition of a term.

If you didn't have a bone to pick with me, you would've never come up with a ridiculous reason to contest my claim. I am using a pretty common definition of 'emotional acting range' and all that is naturally implied with it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Turn Left Thread! Nooooooooooooo

The Hulk Gladiator gear looks cool. Suicide Squad was not particularly good. I wonder if the MoS sequel rumor is true. I hope the new solo Batfleck movie is good. Finally saw a Brie Larson movie and she is really fantastic, but I'm not sure how it translates into a superhero role.

Someone take one of those and run with it!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I wonder if the MoS sequel rumor is true.

Well if it is true it's a decision that's only been made at the absolutely highest levels, if you get my drift.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Well if it is true it's a decision that's only been made at the absolutely highest levels, if you get my drift.

God?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Nothing about being racist either. I was referring to this one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=444792818

Judakel fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 11, 2016

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
And now we are arguing about the precise reason Judakel was probated for last? Can't we just wait for the next time, silently acknowledge it, and move on?

Like, what are some of the villains we could get for the Flash movie? His rogue gallery is hilarious and his relationship to some of them seems adorable, but who could really balance all that with the edgy grimdark tone the DCCU or whatever it's called is going for?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Like, what are some of the villains we could get for the Flash movie? His rogue gallery is hilarious and his relationship to some of them seems adorable, but who could really balance all that with the edgy grimdark tone the DCCU or whatever it's called is going for?

It's Evil Speedsters all the way down.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grendels Dad posted:

And now we are arguing about the precise reason Judakel was probated for last? Can't we just wait for the next time, silently acknowledge it, and move on?

I for one want the good Captain to come back. He would be great to see more of.

Mark Hamil as the Trickster is a must

And a good ole fashion Captain Cold is always great

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

As much as I like the potential of Courtney's Cpt. Boomerang I just don't see how he could be a credible Flash threat.

Like, at all.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Judakel posted:

I am using a pretty common definition of 'emotional acting range'

Nah. And I'm giving you pushback because you wandered into the middle of the conversation and derailed it with either something obviously wrong (if we don't use your weird definition) or unresponsive (if we do).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Just rip the TV show's beats wholesale. Only with a much more dour flash.
(his mom also died in the show so he gets to join.... 👌👏👌THE DEAD MOMMY CLUB👌👏👌)

(Now all she needs to be is named martha)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

As much as I like the potential of Courtney's Cpt. Boomerang I just don't see how he could be a credible Flash threat.

Like, at all.

It would have to be a plot involving like 3-4 of Flash's rogues trying to take him down for Cpt. Boomerang to feel like a threat. He was just in a ensemble cast though so they might shy away from that.

Burkion posted:

Mark Hamil as the Trickster is a must

The TV show did this.

e: the tv show just announced casting for Mirror Master, but he'd be perfect for the DCEU.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Darkseid will only relent in his attack on Earth when he realizes that his mom has the same name as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Cyborg's moms. Aquaman's was named Betty, which gets a giggle out of The Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Nah. And I'm giving you pushback because you wandered into the middle of the conversation and derailed it with either something obviously wrong (if we don't use your weird definition) or unresponsive (if we do).

Emotional acting range encompasses transitions between emotional states and I've explained the logic clearly. There is no "nah" to this, so put a little more effort into your responses. You are giving pushback because you didn't understand this and decided I had to be put in my place.

• Locked thread