Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

team overhead smash posted:

I've never been happier to be so wrong.

You and every other Vision fan should get the Omega Men trade at the end of the month.
https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Men-Complete-Tom-King/dp/1401261531/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470865126&sr=8-1&keywords=omega+men+tom+king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, I'm not the only one who thinks that Ms Marvel/Squirrel Girl story in the Avengers Annual should be canon, am I?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ANAD Avengers 13 (not the annual) is Mark Waid basically doing his best Tom King impression.

It's pretty loving cool if I'm being honest.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gotta give props to a book that opens with the implication that the hero will commit infanticide.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah it's a story that really goes for it.

I think it's pretty interesting that we're already seeing stuff like Viv on Champions and this issue of ANAD Avengers being essentially a Vision solo, where the effects of King's Vision work are already being felt. God The Vision is so god-damned good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

Also, I'm not the only one who thinks that Ms Marvel/Squirrel Girl story in the Avengers Annual should be canon, am I?

Oh yea. That would totally happen. It also means Bucky and Steve get coffee together.

Also Miles having a secrect crush on Kamala is adorable in contrast to Sam's more overt attraction.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

twistedmentat posted:

Also Miles having a secrect crush on Kamala is adorable in contrast to Sam's more overt attraction.

It's pretty transparent that they both have some major crusheroonies on each other, although I'd rather her get paired off with Sam just because I have a Bad Feeling that if Miles and Kamala end up dating or whatever Bombshell will be quickly and quietly written out of the 616, which will be a Major Bummer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yea. That would totally happen. It also means Bucky and Steve get coffee together.

That should also be Squirrel Girl's super in MvC4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaz-L posted:

That should also be Squirrel Girl's super in MvC4.

She needs to have an Iron Squirrel costume.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://twitter.com/SAOccupation/status/763567809121153024
https://twitter.com/tanehisicoates/status/763568446936272896

Well, huh, okay. Good to get confirmation on that then.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Toxxupation posted:

It's pretty transparent that they both have some major crusheroonies on each other, although I'd rather her get paired off with Sam just because I have a Bad Feeling that if Miles and Kamala end up dating or whatever Bombshell will be quickly and quietly written out of the 616, which will be a Major Bummer.

Plus there's the whole Miles kissing Gwen thing, though I could totally see that setting off Kamala's jealousy, even though she denies her feelings. Imagine if Champions actually focuses on like the relationships and everyday lives of the characters rather than having them running between world ending events constantly?

I like to imagine the first one was written by Red Skull or some other really douchebag villain. Or all those guys who keep posting on Captain Marvel movie news with "uh there is only one Captain Marvel, and its a MAN".

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Also consider his novel, A Once Crowded Sky, as it is very, very good.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for the Inhumans to kill all of the X-Men forever and for them to reveal that Wolverine was always an Inhuman and not a mutant.

While that seems painfully likely, I wonder if it will really play out that way. The Inhumans are literally committing genocide against the mutant species while they hang out in their jerkass flying city. What if Marvel has been slyly building them up as villains this whole time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just when the mutants believe the battle is surely lost, a sound rings down into the valley. Then atop the hill, salvation.

POINK!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Aphrodite posted:

Just when the mutants believe the battle is surely lost, a sound rings down into the valley. Then atop the hill, salvation.

POINK!

'POINK' is the sound made when Magneto severs the gravitation ties between Earth and Attilan, blasting it into outer space.

I want the royal inhuman family crushed. I want their entire culture thrown into the sun. I want scenes of inhumans trying desperately to find a place to live in the sewers, only to be driven out by the mutants already living there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was gonna say that the Inhumans won't be villains what with the movie, but apparently they've cancelled that one, so whatever. v:v:v

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Waffleman_ posted:

I was gonna say that the Inhumans won't be villains what with the movie, but apparently they've cancelled that one, so whatever. v:v:v

Marvel is always redoing that movie schedule. The Inhumans movie could pop back up at a later date or they might wrap the characters into another movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trast posted:

Marvel is always redoing that movie schedule. The Inhumans movie could pop back up at a later date or they might wrap the characters into another movie.

They gave the tv division free reign to use any Inhuman characters they want. The film is dead.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rhyno posted:

They gave the tv division free reign to use any Inhuman characters they want. The film is dead.

At least the Inhuman push gave us Reader and Kamala before it died.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SilverSupernova posted:

At least the Inhuman push gave us Reader and Kamala before it died.

Nightclub owning Black Bolt is pretty great.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Nightclub owning Black Bolt is pretty great.

I really hope the Quiet Room remains a thing after Marvel shifts away from the Inhumans. It was easily the best thing to come from either current Inhuman book. Sadly, they'll probably just make Black Bolt king again and take their flying city back to the moon, reverting the status quo back to normal.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Blackagar Boltagon, what a belt mark!

Also, All-New All-Different Avengers Annual #1 I found to be way darker than the solicit/official preview pages implied.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What? The annual was one of the happiest comics I've read lately. Loved the ending twist.

The actual issue of Avengers was pretty dark though. I never thought I'd say that Vision is one of the best characters in comics, but Avengers and his solo series make a strong argument.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Die Laughing posted:

What? The annual was one of the happiest comics I've read lately. Loved the ending twist.

The actual issue of Avengers was pretty dark though. I never thought I'd say that Vision is one of the best characters in comics, but Avengers and his solo series make a strong argument.

It was good and the She Hulk segment was adorable, but Mark Waid really dragged the whole thing down with the first segment. He's really getting obnoxious with his "Look at these sexist idiots and laugh at how wrong they are" bits he manages to shove into most issues of this series.
Still got a giggle out of the writer assuming Carol's hair was part of the costume.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

It was good and the She Hulk segment was adorable, but Mark Waid really dragged the whole thing down with the first segment. He's really getting obnoxious with his "Look at these sexist idiots and laugh at how wrong they are" bits he manages to shove into most issues of this series.

I have literally no problem with making fun of sexist idiots, especially when he's basically repeating things they say.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I have literally no problem with making fun of sexist idiots, especially when he's basically repeating things they say.

I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I'm just saying he didn't need dedicate a quarter of the book to it. And that it would be nice if he spent more time on avengers avenging rather than some rear end in the crowd going "Not muh (Cap/Thor/Nova/Spidey)."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think the whole point is to show an in universe character reaction, especially one involved with the story.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I'm just saying he didn't need dedicate a quarter of the book to it. And that it would be nice if he spent more time on avengers avenging rather than some rear end in the crowd going "Not muh (Cap/Thor/Nova/Spidey)."

...That's what the book is normally though? The avenger-ing? They spent #12 playing round-robin tag team in the Negative Zone using the Nega-Bands to stop Annihilus from destroying everything...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Annihulis is a huge MRA, let's not pretend.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Annihulis is a huge MRA, let's not pretend.

No, that's Thanos.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's Thanos.

Not to mention Red Skull, who totally wanted to hate gently caress Wanda for being everything he hated.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's Thanos.

No, Thanos is the nice guy who always carries his printer to Death but she would rather hang out with Deadpool.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Thanos is a tool

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

...That's what the book is normally though? The avenger-ing? They spent #12 playing round-robin tag team in the Negative Zone using the Nega-Bands to stop Annihilus from destroying everything...

I spent that whole issue waiting for Miles to finally get bored and end it with that venom shock thing. I was pleasantly surprised how that book turned out instead.

Speaking of which, they released a preview for the next Gwenpool recently. I love how Miles addressed how disproportionately powerful that thing is compared to everything else he does.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

So, is All-New, All-Different Avengers worth catching up if I'm only really interested in reading it for Kamala?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kinda hard to tell. Outside of Kamala, Sam (Nova), and Miles, the book gets kinda bland until #11.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

SilverSupernova posted:

Still got a giggle out of the writer assuming Carol's hair was part of the costume.

The Drawn-With-The-Non-Dominant-Hand Avengers should totally be a thing, even just as an occasional backup story. Also agreeing the She Hulk segment was adorable, I think Natasha Allegri does the Adventure Time comic and (the chronically delayed) Bee and the Puppycat as well.
The Captain/Ms Marvel segment was probably the weakest but I didn't mind since the MRA/#AllLivesMatter stuff was mainly just the punchline.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Anime_Otaku posted:

The Drawn-With-The-Non-Dominant-Hand Avengers should totally be a thing

No lie, I kind of want Drawn-With-The-Non-Dominant-Hand Vision as an avatar. They were all pretty great as a brief gag.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Roth posted:

So, is All-New, All-Different Avengers worth catching up if I'm only really interested in reading it for Kamala?
Only if you can read a book that has her but isn't about her, which I guess applies to any ensemble book versus a solo book; I did notice however that it's basically the only other current book that acknowledged her family even visually, much less her background, and of course it's a much more on-the-surface picture of her than in her own book.

Still beats Bendis' dialogue for her and presumably his art direction to the penciller for that issue, egad.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It's a pretty great Avengers roster, and each character has a decent to great solo series. I've probably said it a million times, but I'm still amazed Vision has the best solo book out of the Avengers.

• Locked thread