Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Turnways, I had asked about this awhile ago to one of the devs and they said it would probably be able to be done, but I wanna ask again :

Will there ever be any kind of limited gun customization? I don't mean cosmetic, I mean like being able to switch scopes on rifles, attach lasers, etc. poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
For some reason I can't turn Flex on even though it let me literally a little while ago. Anybody have a fix or an explanation?

And also the game won't let me reload manually or melee bash. Weird.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 12, 2016

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Just now getting around to seeing the patch notes and it all looks great. Being able to fix broken doors is such a small but pivotal change for me that I'm really happy to see. It feels like the devs are closing in on the finished product.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Skoll posted:

Turnways, I had asked about this awhile ago to one of the devs and they said it would probably be able to be done, but I wanna ask again :

Will there ever be any kind of limited gun customization? I don't mean cosmetic, I mean like being able to switch scopes on rifles, attach lasers, etc. poo poo like that.

They actually spoke about this during the livestream the other day and said that they'd like to do this, but the nuts and bolts to do so aren't in the game, so it would have to be something to build way down the line.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Alteisen posted:

Was sharp and zerker OP as gently caress in KF1? Yes, did it matter? No.
it did in the sense that nobody seriously played anything except sharp, zerker, medic, and maybe firebug if you were feeling saucy that day

support and commando were basically pointless, and that's not really a good thing.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Oh, hey, let's talk about doors.

So Support can repair doors now. Does this mean we can start WELDING THIS DOOR again?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

pnutz posted:

stalker and...?

i'm going to smear your face in the mud for not playing socom 2

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I haven't played tons, but things seem reasonably good. I really have only two serious complaints at this point:

1. Sirens and Husks are still too durable and resist too much.

2. Movement feels slooooooooooooooooooooow.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Skoll posted:

My only criticism with the M4 203 is that recoil seems to put it all over the place and you can't selective fire it. Maybe a workaround would be Alt Fire switches from Full Auto to Semi and G fires the 203?

I know people will go, "zomg just controll your bursts", but I prefer the accuracy of well placed shots to spazzing bullets all over the place especially when the ammo pool for the M4 isn't great to begin with

To be fair, the M4 back in KF1 was full auto locked. That said, select fire and lower recoil should be A Good Thing To Add.

Luchadork posted:

Oh, hey, let's talk about doors.

So Support can repair doors now. Does this mean we can start WELDING THIS DOOR

Ftfy and maybe, depending if grinding doors is a good idea for ladies and Demos who want explodey doors.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coolguye posted:

it did in the sense that nobody seriously played anything except sharp, zerker, medic, and maybe firebug if you were feeling saucy that day

support and commando were basically pointless, and that's not really a good thing.

Commando I'll give you but not support, especially on the boss wave.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, a LOT of people played Support, it was almost mandatory for dealing with Scrakes and FPs. Not EVERYONE played a full team of medics, sharpshooters, and zerkers.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So the new Hell on Earth is pretty interesting with all the crazy randomized uberzeds now.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So further playing, the MP5 seems fairly useless. It lacks a red dot and the only difference it has over the MP7 is a slightly slower ROF and three shot burst, which seems worse for ammo conservation than an actual semi auto mode. I don't see a point in "upgrading" to it at all right now. Dosh is best saved until you get the P90, which seems like it's going to be the end all be all for SWAT.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Here's my thoughts on the update by perk.

Demo is still good, it's nice that they made him better. Same for Commando, and the new gun noises are a treat, too. It matches how genuinely powerful its weapons feel now.

Medic is interesting. I like the idea of splitting Medic between poisonous damage dealer or heal-buffer and it does feel like two distinct roles. I'm more of a healer so I couldn't use the poisonous perks with a clear conscious, but I've had Medics running it and it works incredibly well.

Support is downright amazing. Not because it's overpowered, but just because of how much of an impact you make on the game. You feel like you're making a difference, especially being able to fix doors. Pair up with a Demo and you have the best team composition for sitting and camping. I feel like Tripwire's sight of people holding out in different areas according to different strategies is finally coming to fruition.

Gunslinger doesn't feel so gimped now and it feels great popping headshots with hipfiring and racking up damage.

Sharpshooter feels mostly unchanged, but that's not a bad thing.

Firebug feels a bit nicer now but I feel like making zeds panic while on fire does more harm than good because it's much harder to headshot them for everybody else.

I haven't touched Berserker. It looks like it's still gimped but I'll remain mostly optimistic.

SWAT is fantastic. Its weapons don't feel dinky, it feels tanky, and it's so much fun just spamming bullets into the ether. I really want to see the shield implemented sooner for those who wants to embrace its tanky role, but as a spammy powerhouse it's wonderful. My only complaint is that all of its guns make a really grating firing noise which is fine in first person, but sounds too loud when it's your teammate playing SWAT. But that could just be because I've been constantly playing games with 3-4 SWATs all spamming bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bT71V2-B4

Like this.

The last thing I want to say is just that the Fleshpound sounds too cartoony. Every other rendition of the Fleshpound had a really intimidating voice, but this one sounds like some Frankenstein if he was voiced in a Disney movie. It's just goofy.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 12, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Nov 18th for KF2 on the PS4.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
My group and I got to Hans on Suicidal and he literally rubberbands, moonwalks, and spins in place because of how fast they made all his movement without making his animations match. We literally thought the server was just dying until it happened a second and then third time. While making your boss have incredibly bizarre movement does technically make it more challenging, not many people see that as a genuine increase in difficulty as much as just breaking the boss.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gave the beta a try, some observations, all based off suicidal diff.

Zed spawns seem WAY bigger than normal, I'm talking 50, 60 zeds at any given time, you get overwhelmed super easy and any of the more smaller maps are an absolute chore to play because of this.

There is no visual indicator that the buffs are working on the new medic tree so I have no clue if they're even doing anything.

New map is terrible, another claustrophobic map with to many spawn points.

MP7 is a nice head popper.

Auto tier upgrade is dumb, most people just skip tiers anyway.

Bloats are still to tanky.

WAY more bloat and siren spawns.

Husks doesn't seem to suicide anymore they just rush and blast you with the flamethrower.

Teleporting is still an issue.

Zerk still feels like poo poo, moreso now with the higher spawn numbers.

Blocking is retarded, moreso when a gorefast is clearly going to attack and he cancels the attack into a block, gently caress that, I'm cool with blocking for the big zeds but not trash mobs.

Never made it to the boss wave so can't comment on that.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I've been playing the new update. My thoughts:

* Not really sold on the SWAT. It's tanking abilities are minimal, and the class plays like a less powerful Commando. The magazine size increase skill is really cool though; it makes your non dividable by 5 level ups feel useful for once instead of feeling like minuscule increments. The P90 is really fun too and the most enjoyable and useful SWAT weapon, even though it's technically just a Bullpup with a bigger magazine. I'd prefer playing Commando in most cases, but with all the people experimenting with SWAT, now's a good time to enjoy it. I think it needs a good rework to reach what TWI wants with it.

*Stalkers are a very interesting enemy to fight now. They're no longer just invisible Clots with tits; their cool dodging makes them a lot more interesting to fight and makes Commandos a lot more important. Kudos to TWI for listening on how to make enemies more interesting to fight.

*The Gorefast blocking is a mixed bag; it makes them more dynamic, but making such a common enemy reflect. At this point, I bodyshot them half of the time because it's easier than hoping they won't block. A SCAR-H wielding Commando is almost a must for cutting down Gorefast packs quickly because they can OHKO a Gorefast with a headshot or quickly kill him with bodyshots.

*The new Support is godly and really fun. I know it'll get nerfed into oblivion soonish, but I'm really enjoying it.

*Sharp is in serious trouble with the increased spawns. Makes it very difficult to stand still so Sniper's bonus damage can kick in. It seems like a Sharp will need a Commando or SWAT glued to his rear end 24/7 to kill anything approaching the Sharp in order to be effective.

*Speaking of spawns, I'm digging the new spawns placed around camping areas. It makes them a lot more fun and frantic to hold.

I'm quite impressed with this update. I still have some doubts about how TWI is going to develop KF2 (mostly because of their solution to balance being "NERF THE PLAYER"), but I've gotten a lot of respect back for TWI because of this update. They seem to be truly listening to the community instead of throwing out stuff because of "It played well internally!".

I only played in Hard because going through Suicidal with a gaggle of low-level SWATs as your teammates would really suck. I'll hit Suicidal once the newness of the SWAT updates wears off and the SWAT horde dies down.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Oh and for the record, enemies breaking up formation makes a difference to difficulty, especially on Hell on Earth where they're also very fast.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

closeted republican posted:

I only played in Hard because going through Suicidal with a gaggle of low-level SWATs as your teammates would really suck. I'll hit Suicidal once the newness of the SWAT updates wears off and the SWAT horde dies down.

Suicidal is getting really, really crazy with the Scrake spam. On a 7 wave game, I alone killed 22 Scrakes ("I alone" as in just I got the kill confirm, there were even more Scrakes getting killed by people). I would appreciate enemy hordes rather than just the game spamming more Scrakes and Fleshpounds. But given how easy it is to kill Scrakes now, it makes sense for them to just spawn more of them.

Also I was wrong that Hans's animations were screwed up. They, for some reason, gave him a jetpack that he farts out and just propels ten feet. It's really obnoxious on top of (on Suicidal) him going back to prepatch removeplayer damage but also being even faster. They also made it so he can throw grenades and run at the same time. The Partiarch, comparatively, is mostly unchanged so it's beginning to feel like the game is going back to you being able to complete a map being down to a coin flip again.

SWAT holds up in Suicidal, though. But it's only because of his flash bang grenades. Otherwise he literally is just a weaker Commando with no real distinction.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

They, for some reason, gave him a jetpack that he farts out and just propels ten feet. They also made it so he can throw grenades and run at the same time.
Hans has always done those things

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SinineSiil posted:

Hans has always done those things

Has he? I've never seen him do it before.

I guess it's just his increased movement speed that's throwing me off, because everyone else I asked said it looked like the server was rubberbanding than him actually using a jetpack or throwing grenade while running.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

closeted republican posted:

* Not really sold on the SWAT. [...] the class plays like a less powerful Commando.

how did they manage to do this. how

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

Has he? I've never seen him do it before.

I guess it's just his increased movement speed that's throwing me off, because everyone else I asked said it looked like the server was rubberbanding than him actually using a jetpack or throwing grenade while running.

They could've made him jump farther and maybe he didn't throw explosive grenades before, but he sure did jump quite far and throw some type of grenades while running before.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SinineSiil posted:

They could've made him jump farther and maybe he didn't throw explosive grenades before, but he sure did jump quite far and throw some type of grenades while running before.

I know he jumped to do some jab attacks, but now he's just jetpacking around literally at random.

Now that I think of it, I remember that they said Hans is one of the zeds that are supposed to dodge now, so that's probably just his dodge move. But he does it so frequently that it's more obnoxious than interesting or challenging. The animation for it also looks really unnatural and just sort of bad.

But I never remember him simultaneously throwing grenades while running. I've always remembered him stopping to chuck grenades and then actually moving.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SWAT feels fun, SMGs were a thing I kind of wondered about for a while anyway considering how often you're shooting at close-medium ranges, now they're in and pretty nice, the P90 especially.

Also demo's new AR is pretty neat to tool around with.

Eatpants
Jan 26, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

For some reason I can't turn Flex on even though it let me literally a little while ago. Anybody have a fix or an explanation?

And also the game won't let me reload manually or melee bash. Weird.

Go to your Nvidia control panel and make sure PhysX is using your GPU.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Eatpants posted:

Go to your Nvidia control panel and make sure PhysX is using your GPU.

Yep. That was the exact thing that was causing that.

On the topic of not being able to reload and whatever, it's because I set my input .ini file to read-only and apparently the game didn't like that or something.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How often does Hans shield get destroyed now that it's possible? I only played couple games after that got changed so I have no idea.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SinineSiil posted:

How often does Hans shield get destroyed now that it's possible? I only played couple games after that got changed so I have no idea.

Almost always unless your team is screwing around. I would say about half of the time, it gets broken before he even gets a chance to heal. But when he starts healing, he stands perfectly still so it's easy for everyone to unload into him so even then, he doesn't get a full heal. And even then, his shield stays up a bit after he completely heals and you can get a chunk of damage out of breaking it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
SWAT needs more weapon variation and a movement speed passive, I think. The MP7 and MP5 are entirely too similar. The Vector fires so fast that you really only use it on Scrakes, FPs, or the Boss. Your weapon switch is too slow to grab it in a pinch to blaze your way out of being surrounded. I've just been using the MP7 and P90 so far until boss wave.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

How are ammo spawns/ammo levels now, especially in the later waves?? Haven't gotten a chance to play in a bit, but with all the scrakes spawning, seems necessary to have again.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

How are ammo spawns/ammo levels now, especially in the later waves?? Haven't gotten a chance to play in a bit, but with all the scrakes spawning, seems necessary to have again.

Still as stingy as ever, but they give you so much ammo for literally everything that it's not an issue at all.

Hell, as Support you get 120 shots for your primary.

...I think. It was something really high, at least. What I'm saying is that ammo isn't an issue.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Still as stingy as ever, but they give you so much ammo for literally everything that it's not an issue at all.

Hell, as Support you get 120 shots for your primary.

...I think. It was something really high, at least. What I'm saying is that ammo isn't an issue.

140 for the AA12 as of the beta patch :black101:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Level 15 SWAT with ammo perk, I don't remember the exact amount of P80 has an 80 rd magazine with about 500rd ammo pool.

Of course, filling that up every wave eats at your dosh.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So is there a steam group? Ive always played with just randos.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Hans is probably my biggest complaint about the beta right now. Pre-patch it felt like they finally had him right. Now he's back to being an unfun slog that will run you down and one-shot you.

I've also found that Gunslinger's new Quick Draw rebuild doesn't just lower recoil when hipfiring, it eliminates it entirely.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Luchadork posted:

Hans is probably my biggest complaint about the beta right now. Pre-patch it felt like they finally had him right. Now he's back to being an unfun slog that will run you down and one-shot you.

I've also found that Gunslinger's new Quick Draw rebuild doesn't just lower recoil when hipfiring, it eliminates it entirely.

Yup. Only downside is that it's still got some spread issues, it feels like. That compared with the general guesswork that comes with just hip firing makes me use the one that lets you move at normal speed while ironsighting over it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
SWAT having a bullet resistance passive doesn't make much sense to me. You dedicate an entire passive to the half chance you'll get a single boss whose bullet damage is relatively minor to begin with compared to how quickly he destroys you regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

quote:

Suicidal is getting really, really crazy with the Scrake spam. On a 7 wave game, I alone killed 22 Scrakes ("I alone" as in just I got the kill confirm, there were even more Scrakes getting killed by people). I would appreciate enemy hordes rather than just the game spamming more Scrakes and Fleshpounds. But given how easy it is to kill Scrakes now, it makes sense for them to just spawn more of them.

Also I was wrong that Hans's animations were screwed up. They, for some reason, gave him a jetpack that he farts out and just propels ten feet. It's really obnoxious on top of (on Suicidal) him going back to prepatch removeplayer damage but also being even faster. They also made it so he can throw grenades and run at the same time. The Partiarch, comparatively, is mostly unchanged so it's beginning to feel like the game is going back to you being able to complete a map being down to a coin flip again.

SWAT holds up in Suicidal, though. But it's only because of his flash bang grenades. Otherwise he literally is just a weaker Commando with no real distinction.

Suicidal sounds like it's a bit of a mess right now. I think I'll stick with Hard until the TWI sorts it out (except for Hans, who I"m sure they'll keep as-is because they like making him a chore to fight for some reason) and the SWAT horde dies down.

Theta Zero posted:

I know he jumped to do some jab attacks, but now he's just jetpacking around literally at random.

Now that I think of it, I remember that they said Hans is one of the zeds that are supposed to dodge now, so that's probably just his dodge move. But he does it so frequently that it's more obnoxious than interesting or challenging. The animation for it also looks really unnatural and just sort of bad.

But I never remember him simultaneously throwing grenades while running. I've always remembered him stopping to chuck grenades and then actually moving.

The only dodge animation that looks good is the Stalker's and that's because she had special dodge animations made for her. The rest of them are just a pre-existing animation sped up, which looks pretty jerky.