Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I'd go with "pug".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Outrail posted:

I don't know where 'pupper' came from but the word makes me irrationally mad for some reason.

Don't be a party pupper.

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012

Travis343 posted:

What about Pupster.

To quote James Hetfield, "PUPSTER BAAAAAAADDD"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Any grown person who types out dogge, or birb, or catte should be ashamed. loving dolts.

Also, stay off my lawn. They're called macros not memes. And smilies not emojis!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

They're called macros not memes.

Macros are memes, but memes are more than macros.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

The Berzerker posted:

you can just google pics of stars. saves gas. your welcome

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Next time maybe try googling a good post

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

I went dumpster diving behind an abortion clinic.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Did you find any of your posts

-----

atomicthumbs posted:

satin666 is the most skilled practitioner of post-modernism there is

e: he has mixed caps fyad-style in his *bbcode tags*

-----

Jonad posted:

The D&D forums war crimes tribunal enters its 3rd day of proceedings with an unemployed cartoon enthusiast questioning USAF radar technician "JDAMS CURE ISLAM" about problematic and sexist language in the GiP dog pictures thread.

-----

Spiderjelly posted:

Yes, but have you read:

Christ, J. H. (2015) Kill yourself. Good Advice For Fuckheads 14(3), 165-170.

-----

infrateal posted:

when curtis lemay ordered his b-29s to switch tactics from precision daylight bombing with concussion bombs to nightime carpetbombing with leaflets bearing heebie-gbs posts the crews mutinied, claiming the order represented "soulless, vacuous depravity." only after he changed the munitions loadout to white phosphorous and napalm did they obey orders

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm sorry I said anything! Every time I see a macro or post about 'My pupper' or 'That's a good pupper' I'm going to kick a dog. A young dog with hopes and dreams.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

sorry theyre all old ones

Gromit posted:

When I don't understand a comic I gain solace by doing a Google image search for "people coughing" and imagine it's all invisible blowjobs.

this really really works

btw "pupper" is a horrible word, but i hate "pooch" almost as much

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Aug 12, 2016

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Any grown person who types out dogge, or birb, or catte should be ashamed. loving dolts.

Also, stay off my lawn. They're called macros not memes. And smilies not emojis!
This guy is right.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
If we're posting older quotes,

TVarmy posted:

sovereign citizens are doing this all wrong. the judge is all well and good, but you should really be focusing on the stenographer. they write the record, and if you get to them, you could rewrite the entire verdict and sentencing. chances are, they aren't trained to properly escape strings, and might not even know what unicode is. use this to your advantage!

make sure you say stuff like "backslash carriage return judge says not guilty everyone go home." if you're really clever, you could do an sql injection on the us lawbooks, and i suspect it's only a matter of time until someone sends the right statement to drop all but the first 10 amendments from the constitution, just as washington intended.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Syd Midnight posted:

sorry theyre all old ones

quote:

When I don't understand a comic I gain solace by doing a Google image search for "people coughing" and imagine it's all invisible blowjobs.
this really really works

v. good

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

logikv9 posted:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There will probably also be a toxx thread for third party no-hopers, though honestly I can't imagine anyone really cares outside those sadly deluded souls who want Bernie to throw away everything he's won so far on a hopeless vanity run as an independent.

1. :siren:FOR gently caress'S SAKE, DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING AND EAGER TO RISK GETTING BANNED:siren: ANYONE WHO POSTS IN THIS THREAD OTHER THAN THE OP WILL BE BANNED IF AN INDEPENDENT OR THIRD-PARTY CANDIDATE DOES NOT WIN IN NOVEMBER.
  2. Let me rephrase: DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD AT ALL AFTER THE OP. YOU WILL NOT WIN. YOU WILL GET BANNED.
  3. This includes, but is not limited to, the following candidates/parties:
    Any Independent Candidates
    Jill Stein, Green Party
    Gary Johnson, Libertarian Party
    American Independence Party
    Constitution Party
    Peace & Freedom Party
    Reform Party USA
    Any many other weirdos from this list.
  4. If you decide to throw away your money, then posters in this thread can enjoy a regulated space where they can freely discuss why they've decided to get banned, with no dissenting voices (because you're all doomed upon entering)

With that said, if this thread gets any seriousposts at all then I pray for your soul :shrug:

peeper posted:

Tikitht=]GIrhuyhu::=originalityyttr=ft

peeper posted:

Of all the threads to pocket post in.

Big time RIP for this unfortunate soul. — H. Explainer

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tulip posted:

I'm pretty amazed that people are capable of looking at nearly any eurogame and not going "hm, hm, this is problematic as gently caress." Like Splendor and Settlers are just straight up "Colonialism is cooool"

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Looking at the context of this, he was replying to a black dude who was kicked out of a tabletop gaming club for "making other players uncomfortable" by not being comfortable with the idea that slavery wasn't really all that bad. Within that context, this post is... neither as bad nor as funny as it would have been otherwise?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

my dad posted:

Looking at the context of this, he was replying to a black dude who was kicked out of a tabletop gaming club for "making other players uncomfortable" by not being comfortable with the idea that slavery wasn't really all that bad. Within that context, this post is... neither as bad nor as funny as it would have been otherwise?

No, that person was kicked out because of the implications of slavery in popular board game "Puerto Rico"

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KingSlime posted:

mmo's sound like a terrible thing to waste your adult life on

Nuebot posted:

I want to die.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

No, that person was kicked out because of the implications of slavery in popular board game "Puerto Rico"

There's a post in that thread a bit earlier from someone very angry about Cards Against Humanity where they discuss volunteering at a ostensibly for-profit game store that's a "registered safe space" and I honestly can't tell if they're trolling. I'd quote it but I'm bad at phoneposting.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

One More Fat Nerd posted:

There's a post in that thread a bit earlier from someone very angry about Cards Against Humanity where they discuss volunteering at a ostensibly for-profit game store that's a "registered safe space" and I honestly can't tell if they're trolling. I'd quote it but I'm bad at phoneposting.

Maybe they meant registered safe haven or similar program?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
In the middle of a serious discussion on housing bubbles:

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I Like Jell-O posted:

Leverage in investing has the same effect whether you're leveraged on stocks or real estate: it magnifies gains, and magnifies losses by a roughly equivalent amount. There is nothing special about investment property or mortgages that changes that simple fact. The problem with using the equity in one house to leverage yourself further by buying a mortgage on additional houses is that it leaves you with no "cushion" to absorb any kind of a loss, which remember is magnified by the leverage.

It's particularly BWM because people tend to buy similar properties in a close geographical area, exposing themselves to massive amounts of correlated risk. In other words, if one property goes down in value, it's very VERY likely that all the other properties will drop at the same time, usually causing financial ruin. It's the opposite of diversification, it's magnification of risk.

Leverage is a dangerous thing, and needs to be respected no matter what form it takes.
/

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hearing John Travolta's voice while reading that is traumatizing.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Super Waffle posted:

In the middle of a serious discussion on housing bubbles:
That response makes me unreasonably happy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Probably the best post on the forums right now.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Cronenberg was the guest of honour at last year's RIFF. Saw a Q&A screening of Crash and saw a double feature of The Brood and Dead Ringers, seeing both of those movies for the first time.

Also I later went to a signing and made him autograph some stuff:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Re: Formal complaint regarding the vitriolic transphobia in GBS

vols bitch posted:

as far as being a gbs scumbag I really don't see all the trans hate threads but I don't read every thread :shrug:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got you bruh:

vols bitch posted:

go back to fyad with your fake girl gimmick human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:owned:

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
^^ The same thread keeps giving.

The OP

I.N.R.I posted:

Formal complaint regarding the vitriolic transphobia in GBS

I've reported some of the offending posts already, but there's so many of them that I can't report most of them since there's a limit on how many reports you can make per day. Therefore I request that the moderators work a bloc to discover and act on the offending posts and posters so that in the near future I may post on a web site with a slightly smaller number of GBS posters on it

I.N.R.I posted:

At the risk of sounding facetious one incentive would be to protect the many and varied minorities who post on this web site from being attacked or otherwise made a victim of a GBS posters who desparately need a hug from their mommies. Obviously the majority of said minorities probably aren't at all concerned with what some jewish GBS alcoholic thinks about them but nontheless there are no doubt some who are

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
dude are you retarded

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sharzak posted:

*malia passes you the bowl*
Thanks Obama

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Phyzzle posted:

^^ The same thread keeps giving.

The OP

Now I know what the "N" in I.N.R.I stands for.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Now I know what the "N" in I.N.R.I stands for.

A football game?

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Try to run, try to hide, break my neck on the waterslide!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If lowtax released SA DLC for ten bucks that turned every post of yours into "i'm a butt, i'm a butt, i'm a butt," I'd buy it to support the site but I wouldn't download it because I have a thing about installing redundant software

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

computer molester posted:

"i'm not mad," he says, punching a hole in the wall. "you're the one that's mad," he continues, sweep-kicking a small child to the ground. "actually," he grunts, throwing his laptop at a nearby pedestrian, "i think it's pretty funny"

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
will i need you to tell me what the new gbs catchphrase is

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Robot Randy posted:

thanks for the writeup, your opinion means a lot sadbrained pyf furry

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shadow Hog posted:

Ah, this must be from that book series-gone-TV show I've heard so much about, A Throne of Games.

(Even though that was only the first book, and the series is actually called A Song of Fire 'n Ice)

Fire 'n Ice is an NES game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Phantasium posted:

Fire 'n Ice is an NES game.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I feel like a self-loathing alcoholic computer janitor calling someone a sadbrained pyf furry is a bit of a throwin' stones in a glass house situation

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FlyinPingu posted:

I feel like a self-loathing alcoholic computer janitor calling someone a sadbrained pyf furry is a bit of a throwin' stones in a glass house situation

Sounds like marriage counseling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FlyinPingu posted:

SomethingAwful involves a lot more "punching to the side" than its users want to admit