Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Charge backs are a whiny baby move but loving el oh el way to go Daum at stomping your feet like a bigger whinier baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no, scamming companies out of money has consequences :qq:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

This just keeps getting better and better. :allears:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I love how that reads like some poor mid level dude got told by his hardcore libertarian boss to threaten the plebs, but to do it diplomatically.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

It sounds dumb but I also kind of don't blame them. I think charge-backing all of your purchases after having played for months (and presumably enjoying the game for that time period) is disingenuous. I spent a lot of money on the game and while I think Daum & PA are pretty terrible I'm not going to stomp my feet and demand my money back that I spent over a decent period of time.

That said my precursory googling didn't really indicate that a failed/reversed chargeback has any impact on your credit rating unless you fail to pay back the money (at which point it does because it becomes a collections kind of thing). I would not be surprised if your bank would investigate more cautiously into future chargebacks if you're known for requesting too many though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah there's a decent message to send in there, but it doesn't come across right. It should have a more positive tone and a lot less "warnings"

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

J posted:

Right now in valencia part 1 which is what we're on, it is pretty underwhelming. The grind spots don't give as much silver as pirates/sausans, but best in slot accessories do drop at some of them so you can play the lottery that way. The actual desert itself doesn't have any real points of interest aside from crescent shrine which is where the best ring drops. The main valencia story quest is alright but doesn't really take all that long, and gives you a free 7ap or 7dp ring at the end. We still don't have awakening weapons yet which I suspect some of these valencia enemies were designed around. The world boss (Nouver) that spawns in the desert that drops the best offhand weapons isn't in our version yet.

Valencia city is alright, the daily quests do give a lot of contribution experience but they are only available for people between 260-300 contribution points for some reason. Seems like a bug, but kakao hasn't commented on it as far as I know. There's no real reason to setup shop in valencia yet given how remote it is, you still probably want to keep your main workers and storage setup in calpheon, heidel, or altinova. There is a vendor in valencia that sells rocaba armor if you care to play the amity minigame enough to buy it. Rocaba is apparently a small upgrade for certain classes, but lots of players are working on boss armor already.

You can connect epheria port to ancado harbor (north of valencia city), and use the NPC transport function to ship goods between them. This is pretty cool if you're producing trade crates in epheria, or grinding pirates and shipping all the ancient coins they drop to ancado. If I remember right it ends up being a 97% distance bonus.

The valencia part 2 update should add randomly spawning entrances to a dungeon out in the desert, the world boss nouver, the outlaw negative karma town Mui Kun, and probably some other stuff that I don't know about. Not sure if it will include awakening weapons or not. And who knows when they plan to actually add the part 2 update to begin with. It feels like all these golden antique events and the blackstone event are trying to line everyone's pockets and help them get caught up for awakening weapons, but that is just guessing on my part. Or maybe it is a "oh god please everyone don't quit to play legion" offering. :v:

drat so it really hasn't changed much since I quit back in April, this is relieving but also at the same time not, thanks for the write up.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
This week I've been trying to complete all the knowledge categories that I was only missing one or two from. Went from 190 energy to 250 pretty quickly. But god drat some of those loving amity games are impossible and you just have to spam greet NPC a couple hundred times. So annoying!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I'd like to know what magical bank lets you do charge backs on poo poo you bought 6 months ago?! Wellsfargo would tell me to get bent after 90 days.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

It sounds dumb but I also kind of don't blame them. I think charge-backing all of your purchases after having played for months (and presumably enjoying the game for that time period) is disingenuous. I spent a lot of money on the game and while I think Daum & PA are pretty terrible I'm not going to stomp my feet and demand my money back that I spent over a decent period of time.

That said my precursory googling didn't really indicate that a failed/reversed chargeback has any impact on your credit rating unless you fail to pay back the money (at which point it does because it becomes a collections kind of thing). I would not be surprised if your bank would investigate more cautiously into future chargebacks if you're known for requesting too many though.

So that is a no to the kik id?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pro post/AV combo

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Snatch Duster posted:

So that is a no to the kik id?

Depends, did you stop being a misogynistic douchebag? Judging by the avatar/text you picked up I'm guessing that's a no.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

CHINAGAME.EXE

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clocks posted:

Depends, did you stop being a misogynistic douchebag? Judging by the avatar/text you picked up I'm guessing that's a no.

Don't judge me bae. Only got this av because I was defending the noble women of cosplay against the creepy goon.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Which guilds are still active? I forgot all about this game.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

None

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Holyshoot posted:

I'd like to know what magical bank lets you do charge backs on poo poo you bought 6 months ago?! Wellsfargo would tell me to get bent after 90 days.

It depends on a lot of poo poo, like how in the SC thread people were getting chargebacks several months to even multiple years ago, but they had the standing of "this product I bought 2 years ago has never been delivered." That doesn't really exist here, though, so who knows. US law does tend to fall on the side of the consumer, but I don't think anyone is so pro consumer that "I ate this sandwich but it sucked, make them give me my money back" is gonna work.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I don't think anyone is so pro consumer that "I ate this sandwich but it sucked, make them give me my money back" is gonna work.

There is a legal precedence for eating a sandwich, getting food poisoning, and then getting a full refund.

The food/service needs to be provided with "reasonable care and skill" - failing that, you have a case.

At least that's what my 5 minutes of internet lawyering research tells me. :cop:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LordAdakos posted:

There is a legal precedence for eating a sandwich, getting food poisoning, and then getting a full refund.

The food/service needs to be provided with "reasonable care and skill" - failing that, you have a case.

At least that's what my 5 minutes of internet lawyering research tells me. :cop:

black desert online gave me poisoning 6 months after I bought it. I swear Mr. Wellsfargo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Clocks posted:

Some cards (I want to say discover specifically) have a "If you ask for it, we'll give it" chargeback policy.

EDIT: in the grand scheme of things, they aren't going to really bother chasing the people that charged back 20 bucks or so. But that dude that spent $3000 in chinagame money? Rip his rear end.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Some cards (I want to say discover specifically) have a "If you ask for it, we'll give it" chargeback policy.

EDIT: in the grand scheme of things, they aren't going to really bother chasing the people that charged back 20 bucks or so. But that dude that spent $3000 in chinagame money? Rip his rear end.

Must be why no one loving takes discover. Or used to not. I know if I was a business and a CC company had a policy like that I'd tell them to kick rocks and only accept the more sensible companies.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Is this game any better from open beta? I remember it was kinda neat then but it looked like it wasn't going to be that great at endgame at the time. Has that changed at all? Is this worth a relook at all?

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Which server does everyone else play on?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

Which server does everyone else play on?

The one where you uninstall this game and play something else.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The bigger goon guilds were on Orwen, so most refugee goons are probably there.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Ty

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Must be why no one loving takes discover. Or used to not. I know if I was a business and a CC company had a policy like that I'd tell them to kick rocks and only accept the more sensible companies.

Pretty sure amex will do it too.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
Where the goons at these days?

this troper
Apr 4, 2011

:o

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Where the goons at these days?

Probably went back to World of Warcraft because of this game's dev's being completely bonkers and having overwhelming contempt for their playerbase. And also the new WoW expansion came out.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm still playing :D

Got my Grunil chest to DUO last night, Liverto to +13, and PRI for my Scarla. Blew up a bunch of Schultz belts trying to get PRI. Pretty much everything else is at PRI now (MoS & witch's). Main has 31 stacks and alt has 27 right now, so I'm ready to blow up more stuff soon.

I still maintain that this game is fun if you only play like 20 min a day, plus an hour on a weekends for a scroll party. I've done like zero grinding since hitting 50 a few months ago. Finally did Helms, Manes, and Elric shrine with my grinding hour boost over the weekend and hit level 54 in no time.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

this troper posted:

Probably went back to World of Warcraft because of this game's dev's being completely bonkers and having overwhelming contempt for their playerbase. And also the new WoW expansion came out.

I literally did go to play WoW and oh boy am I glad I'm not playing BDO anymore. No more having to fail enhancements and grind all the time. :allears: As a bonus, it's hilarious how Daum just goes back on everything they say.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
fudging around in gw2 before classes start. can't really justify a reason to head back to bdo

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I might've hit my wall.
I've tried to go to DUO with my zarka shortsword 15-20 times, all failing. I've got nothing but stacks.

I bought a zarka staff to play with the wizard some. It's +14, and I've had trouble hitting 15. Last night, I paid my 20mil for relics, spent an hour on a 5x group, got some 33 shards, and failed 6 times to upgrade the staff to 15 again. Threw in a 7th just to be sure.

Between that staff, the other sword, the +13 bhegs gloves.. I would basically need to do these absurdly slow and stupid relic scrolls all day, or grind money to continue doing them, just to upgrade this equipment, with the hopes that I get 3 more pieces of armor that will require the same garbage.

It's a good game, but while they made the grind for xp much easier, and continue to do so with every patch, the gear grind is painful and I can't see myself enjoying grinding for memory fragments to repair my poo poo.

Ugh.

But the monopoly game is addictive.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The way the enhancement system works is frustrating as hell. I can't possibly recommend highly enough to focus on getting more contribution points and workers and getting them to gather poo poo for you, and just sell the poo poo that they gather. I'm up to 290 contribution points and most of my workers are professional and artisan at this point and the income is starting to become quite noticeable, despite being almost entirely afk. Make and feed the workers beer, and post the poo poo they gather on the marketplace. Done. The patch recently that made cooking energy-free is great for this, since making beer generates contribution hand ins as well. Grab every single grain node you can just to get more contribution.

I process timber for crates too, which is a little more effort but not much. Doing this I feel like I'm able to keep my gear up surprisingly decently despite not actually playing all that much. I'm also just biding my time and buying certain items outright instead of trying to enhance it myself. Even when I do enhance stuff I only attempt it maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks, funded by mostly AFK income so it doesn't sting as bad when it doesn't work out. Still really enjoying the game because of playing it at this pace instead of grinding into burnout like I've seen happen to so many other players.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Trade, crafting, and pretty much all the advertised systems were incredibly misrepresented. Still, I got my money worth.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently the game is on sale for :10bux: for the next week or so or something. If anyone is actually interested.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
I have gathered that the game has become more P2W over time. If all goes (not so) well with this promotion, perhaps the NA version of this game will also go F2P :v:

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Septimus posted:

I have gathered that the game has become more P2W over time. If all goes (not so) well with this promotion, perhaps the NA version of this game will also go F2P :v:

Legit, most of the P2W things are also accessible through just playing every single day and collecting loyalties. It takes a loooooong time however, but it is possible.
The thing that just gets to me about this game is, unless you do some kind of roleplay or whatever, what is the real purpose of this game? There is no competitive pvp, no PvE except for mindlessly grinding to become stronger and even then there's no cap on how strong you can be. You can't murder people for fun because it gives you nothing but penalties and guilds mostly refrain from doing guild wars because it'll ruin their grinding.
Not even playing for pretty-princess dress up is a thing as the outfit selection is fairly limited and not very interesting either.

So yeah, there's better games out there for you unless you're a roleplayer and want to write stuff.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
It's a cell phone game disguised as a pc game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

lewtt posted:

fudging around in gw2 before classes start. can't really justify a reason to head back to bdo

Same, except no gw2. I was looking at coming back after all these months and saw all the lovely changes. I miss my botes. :(