Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
also barb is a sexy momma and has child bearing hips, y'all just avoid that cos y'all dont want to get shackled by babies since you're already irresponsible manchildren wanting to sperg about a fictional show so i understand the aversion clearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
nancy is a total babe

definitely #2 in the show behind steve's hair

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Yeah, it's very Silent Hill but Silent Hill has Stephen King and Adrian Lynne all over it so it's all the same pool in that sense.

Adrian Lyne?

There's not a lot of Jacobs Ladder type stuff in the show

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

also barb is a sexy momma and has child bearing hips, y'all just avoid that cos y'all dont want to get shackled by babies since you're already irresponsible manchildren wanting to sperg about a fictional show so i understand the aversion clearly

i have dated, and eventually wifed, a girl with big hips.

I guess I have a "type" and Barb is it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lastgirl posted:

nancy has a child-bearing jaw, which is also fine

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Just lol @ goons who are triggered by anime.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Monomythian posted:

Just lol @ goons who are triggered by anime.

anime is haram

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

If it's so similar to Silent Hill, then where are all the circumcision references

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

TheWeepingHorse posted:

If it's so similar to Silent Hill, then where are all the circumcision references

Did you even see the monster's head??

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
since this is taking inspiration from Stephen king season 2's gonna have a scene where all the kids freak out and have to have sex with the fat kid to calm themselves down

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

CharlestonJew posted:

since this is taking inspiration from Stephen king season 2's gonna have a scene where all the kids freak out and have to have sex with the fat kid to calm themselves down

The bros already said no gangbangs in an interview

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Philthy posted:

I want to make a car flip.

that is so ripped off from terminator: genisys

or it was lol they think the kids are gonna fly like ET but we are just gonna turn that on its head like literally bro

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I bet season 2 is going to have another one of those experimental kids be the villian, Tetsuo style.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hope they bring that girl who played 11 back, because she was a legit great actress.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
eleven will ask for 10x more money and then tragically die on the way to her home planet

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

I bet season 2 is going to have another one of those experimental kids be the villian, Tetsuo style.

i swear that there was at least one mention by Matthew Modine of a boy experiment like 011, but nobody else seems to have noticed so maybe I imagined it

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

notZaar posted:

Sorry but any idea that been done in anime, even if it didn't originate from it, has been tainted and cannot be used in any other type of media ever again.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Monomythian posted:

Sorry but any idea that been done in anime, even if it didn't originate from it, has been tainted and cannot be used in any other type of media ever again.

That's not true and this show took more than a little inspiration from Akira so according to your tastes it's irredeemable already.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

steinrokkan posted:

nancy has a child-bearing jaw, which is also fine

Well it's wasted on her because Will is the only one having offspring fall out of his mouth

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Germstore posted:

anime is haram

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Miyazaki doesn't count. Miyazaki is halal.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

Miyazaki doesn't count. Miyazaki is halal.

Miyazaki would never lower himself to be labeled by a Muslim.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

i swear that there was at least one mention by Matthew Modine of a boy experiment like 011, but nobody else seems to have noticed so maybe I imagined it

i think there is a part where they are talking about one of the other numbers but cant remember if a gender is implied

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

:chanpop:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
steve harrington lookin cuttttttt

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
stranger things is mostly influenced by the one episode of xmen evolution where night crawler slows down his teleportation with the help of robot hand guy and leaves open a portal to demon world

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Stranger Things is clearly influenced by the classical masterpiece Beyond Two Souls by the little known auteur David Cage

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
someone post the christmas lights gif that spells out gently caress Trump

tia

Tunnel Snakes man rules

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Geoff Zahn posted:

someone post the christmas lights gif that spells out gently caress Trump

tia

Tunnel Snakes man rules

i'll do you one better

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I've already collected a bunch of those :colbert:

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
This show has a lot going for it but I think ultimately it's less than the sum of its parts

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
YEAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lMOsdHhqio

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Bug Bill Murray posted:

This show has a lot going for it but I think ultimately it's less than the sum of its parts

wrong

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Most important - the van flipping over the kids was totally sweet and Barbs actress and her hips are my sexual jamm and I'm very jealous of the worm-snake monster that managed to get up in her but maybe it is open to a 3some or somethin I'm not picky

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Bug Bill Murray posted:

*gif of the ouija wall spelling out 'lol sheesh'*

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Disappointed there was no title drop in this show

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol the barb character was on screen for like two minutes total

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It was a little jarring how she just vanished and no one seemed to really care (esp after some other kid vanished!) but whatever she was a square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Moridin920 posted:

It was a little jarring how she just vanished and no one seemed to really care (esp after some other kid vanished!) but whatever she was a square

except her disappearance was the catalyst that got nancy involved in the plot, and led to her working with the creepy kid

you can argue that ultimately the nancy subplot didn't contribute to the conclusion of the story, but it was an enjoyable bit of storytelling

• Locked thread