Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr Hootington posted:

I can not wait for Hillary to win Arizona, Georgia, and a Carolina, but lose Iowa because everyone here is old and white.

I cannot wait for the D's to take Arizona's senate seat. gently caress yeah 50-50 tie time for some wrath of Kaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

dromer posted:

And while we're at it we might as well try all those journalists since they're all so unpatriotic.

Lock them up! Lock them up!

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoahGrayCNN/status/763535971010879488

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Marketplace is worse then Mad Money.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

I cannot wait for the D's to take Arizona's senate seat. gently caress yeah 50-50 tie time for some wrath of Kaine

Lol if you think it will be 50-50 when some kind of banking reform or SS reform comes down the pipe.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Marketplace is the platonic ideal of neoliberalism

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

My Imaginary GF posted:

Ah, Mitch, my old friend, do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ChenmoH America Dun jatlhqa'

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Teddybear posted:

Hillary has launched a podcast, "With Her." gently caress if I'm gonna listen, though. Anyone want to take one for the team?
Looking forward to the future president informing me I can save on postage by going to stamps.com and/or giving a glowing testimonial about her shaving experience with Harry's razors.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Marketplace is the platonic ideal of neoliberalism

I'm unsure if this is a honeypot troll, but I agree.

It is one of the worst and poisonous economic shows.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cross posting from C-SPAM:

:fork:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nowcast moving to a 107% chance of Clinton victory

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol if you think it will be 50-50 when some kind of banking reform or SS reform comes down the pipe.

It'll be 50-50 when Hillary nominates UltraRGB.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Inferior Third Season posted:

Looking forward to the future president informing me I can save on postage by going to stamps.com and/or giving a glowing testimonial about her shaving experience with Harry's razors.

Don't forget endorsing her new book exclusive to Audible and her new Squarespace website.

(Seriously, is it just me or do those latter two companies sponsor every podcast in existence?)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Nowcast moving to a 107% chance of Clinton victory

Still not enough.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

sean10mm posted:

I don't have strong feelings about the guy or his show, but his tone of voice when he says that is the platonic ideal of sounding like a colossal douchebag.

You should listen to Living on Earth some time. Steve Curwood's voice is pretty close to the platonic ideal of the voice of a barely-concealed better-than-thou environmentalist.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

comes along bort posted:

Anyone with a vocal fry has to dig their own grave.

Noticing 'vocal fry' without someone pointing it out to you just means you're old and out of touch enough to complain about how the kids talk these days and you're one step away from yelling at clouds :ssh:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Came to post this.

:pusheen:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

sean10mm posted:

I don't have strong feelings about the guy or his show, but his tone of voice when he says that is the platonic ideal of sounding like a colossal douchebag.

I haven't listened since moving to a place where it isn't on during my commute, but I remember when he interviewed Obama and still used that :smug: tone. It's like, dude, you're talking to the POTUS. I don't remember anything from the interview, I just recall him sticking to his smoov smart radio man shtick and hating it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I mean, with the polling what it is now, Trump skipping the debates isn't really a bad thing. It's just one less opportunity for all of your racist relatives to tell you how hard he won.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember that the RNC is meeting with the Trump campaign. They're saying that it's a routine meeting, the press is reporting it as a "come to Jesus meeting".

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
North Carolina was a pretty solid red state up until this election wasn't it?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Le Saboteur posted:

You tell me:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/764123036043706368

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

theflyingorc posted:

Interestingly, Hillary now has more EVs in the polls-only than in the nowcast.

Polls only thinks things will only get worse in the future, I guess?

The Nowcast heavily weights the most recent polls while the Polls Only is less concerned with what happened today than the overall picture. So if today polls come out that show Hillary has lost one point on her lead the Nowcast will overreact while the Poll Only will factor it in but realize it's a one point difference on one day.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Le Saboteur posted:

Obama (barely) won it in 2008 and lost by 2% in 2012. It's definitely been a swing state the last couple elections.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

My Imaginary GF posted:

...vae victis?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

Obama (barely) won it in 2008 and lost by 2% in 2012. It's definitely been a swing state the last couple elections.

And before that it was only reliably republican at the presidential level, but that has more to do with the quirks of southern party politics.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Teddybear posted:

Hillary has launched a podcast, "With Her." gently caress if I'm gonna listen, though. Anyone want to take one for the team?

It's pretty good I think. Hillary is much better in this informal setting - I mean these are obviously softball questions, but I think it humanises her, speaking loosely like this.

PS: Link for my fellow Hillbots

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/page/podcast/

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

My Imaginary GF posted:

If McCain falls to the might of Hillary, the Senate will have already flipped in the East.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It wouldn't surprise me if this is the first election where the winner is flirting with 60% of the popular vote but can't break 400 EVs. She can run up the score in all the blue states and crush Trump in the swing states, but there are too many pure red states who would vote for flesh-eating bacteria if it had a big R next to it's name.

"Staphylococcus aureus (R) has won Oklahoma with 67% of the popular vote."

zoux posted:

Remember that the RNC is meeting with the Trump campaign. They're saying that it's a routine meeting, the press is reporting it as a "come to Jesus meeting".

Those did so much good the 12 times they happened before this one! :haw:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DemeaninDemon posted:

It'll be 50-50 when Hillary nominates UltraRGB.

Say it with me: Justice Fluke

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/kevin_powell/status/764120515963412480

lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

comes along bort posted:

Anyone with a vocal fry has to dig their own grave.

The Chapo guys have to dig with a plastic shovel and nobody on The Weeds geta a drat grave, their bodies get left to the wolves.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

sean10mm posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the first election where the winner is flirting with 60% of the popular vote but can't break 400 EVs. She can run up the score in all the blue states and crush Trump in the swing states, but there are too many pure red states who would vote for flesh-eating bacteria if it had a big R next to it's name.

"Staphylococcus aureus (R) has won Oklahoma with 67% of the popular vote."

I'm starting to think that this is going to be a historic blow out in the popular vote, because Hillary is going to kill it in the high populous blue states and win the battlegrounds while making Texas close enough that no Republican operative can sleep at night. She's not going to get the EVs that it would normally entail, but it'll be crazy. Hillary beats LBJ and Trump pulls some Cox/Landon numbers, just off the power of the population centers.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Rasmussen also has Clinton up 3 nationally, so it'll be like a ten point landslide overall.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

zoux posted:

However, the RNC have not thought about who's playing the role of Jesus in this meeting. Trump has, though!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I don't get how you even do that accidentally. Maybe someone else actually did it on purpose while they had the "stolen" phone. I almost believe him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really genuinely don't understand how people in positions of political power don't get "hey, maybe I shouldn't get myself into sexually compromising positions or at least maybe not film it?"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I really genuinely don't understand how people in positions of political power don't get "hey, maybe I shouldn't get myself into sexually compromising positions or at least maybe not film it?"

When bragging to fellow legislators the policy is "screenshot or didn't happen"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Puppetmaster defense spotted.

Someone find his EVE-O account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I don't get how you even do that accidentally. Maybe someone else actually did it on purpose while they had the "stolen" phone. I almost believe him.

An old coworker of mine accidentally forwarded a loving Monica Lewinski blowjob joke to our entire listserv the other day. I don't know how that poo poo happens either, but it does.

• Locked thread