Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

sean10mm posted:

"Staphylococcus aureus (R) has won Oklahoma with 67% of the popular vote."

I peg Mary Fallin as more Naegleria Fowleri than Staph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

This isn't getting enough attention, a NC Senate seat flipping blue is...

:fork:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mister Macys posted:

Puppetmaster defense spotted.

Someone find his EVE-O account.

Found it: https://evewho.com/pilot/The%20Mittani/

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

An old coworker of mine accidentally forwarded a loving Monica Lewinski blowjob joke to our entire listserv the other day. I don't know how that poo poo happens either, but it does.

I get it if there is contact group that includes everyone like in a business email setting, but there's not a "all contacts" group on phones that I've seen unless you make one, so someone would have to deliberately add every contact to the text message if that's how it went down.
Or maybe it's a contact group he uses to forward political crap to everyone.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Maybe he gets off on embarrassment?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

It's the night of November 8th and Hillary Clinton is projected to win by an astounding margin. Donald Trump walks up to the podium for his concession speech, leans into the mic, and whispers only one sentence.

"The Mittani sends his regards."

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I had a dream last night that I was in Hillary Clinton's campaign headquarters as the final results came in and it turned out she'd won 49 states outright, Trump won 1 (don't know which state but it had11 electoral college votes) and it was totally awesome and that's my story for the day.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So are you all ready for a (possible) Clinton Foundation probe? It's the Daily Caller so take it with a grain of salt, since its Fox News 2.0:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/exclusive-joint-fbi-us-attorney-probe-of-clinton-foundation-is-underway/

quote:

The New York-based probe is being led by Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York. Bharara’s prosecutorial aggressiveness has resulted in a large number of convictions of banks, hedge funds and Wall Street insiders.

I honestly don't think they are going to find anything, despite having a strong prosecutor lead the investigation. I mean the state department did say nothing unethical was found.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
https://twitter.com/buzzfeedandrew/status/764127318138818560

:ohdear:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

So are you all ready for a (possible) Clinton Foundation probe? It's the Daily Caller so take it with a grain of salt, since its Fox News 2.0:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/exclusive-joint-fbi-us-attorney-probe-of-clinton-foundation-is-underway/

I honestly don't think they are going to find anything, despite having a strong prosecutor lead the investigation. I mean the state department did say nothing unethical was found.

This story dropped 12 hours ago and if it was legit it would've been confirmed by something other than the gossip rags by now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

This story dropped 12 hours ago and if it was legit it would've been confirmed by something other than the gossip rags by now.

But the rest of the media is covering for her / in her pocket!!!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Ash1138 posted:

It's the night of November 8th and Hillary Clinton is projected to win by an astounding margin. Donald Trump walks up to the podium for his concession speech, leans into the mic, and whispers only one sentence.

"The Mittani sends his regards."

Do you really think Trump is going to concede at any point in this race and not try to drag out recounts and lawsuits blaming a "rigged" election for months after the fact?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
My fear at this point is that Trump is so cartoonish, in the rush to mock him Democrats overlook the mood of anti elitism that supported him. He might lose so badly that politicos dismiss his supporters and in doing so invite a future Brexit moment.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now hang on guys, remember the polling could be off.

https://twitter.com/jbview/status/764133555303624704

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

PerniciousKnid posted:

He might lose so badly that politicos dismiss his supporters and in doing so invite a future Brexit moment.

Don't you mean "USEXIT?" :quagmire:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

PerniciousKnid posted:

My fear at this point is that Trump is so cartoonish, in the rush to mock him Democrats overlook the mood of anti elitism that supported him. He might lose so badly that politicos dismiss his supporters and in doing so invite a future Brexit moment.

Too many brown people in america for anything like Brexit to happen. Also loool at some state seriously trying to secede from the union.

You Caucasians are welcome for that btw.

The States most likely to try and secede are the ones that need the most government assistance so :shrug:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PerniciousKnid posted:

This is certainly possible. One can argue that something similar happened with Goldwater supporters in 1964.

Fortunately, demographic trends are not in favor of any kind of right-wing resurgence in the US any time soon.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Davethulhu posted:

"Sacrifices?!" Trump pivots in the door and just keeps pivoting, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. He pivots against your toilet, busting it up big time. You get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's pivoting at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. As he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "I've sacrificed so much, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down.

I've been waiting for this post :laffo:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Pookah posted:

I had a dream last night that I was in Hillary Clinton's campaign headquarters as the final results came in and it turned out she'd won 49 states outright, Trump won 1 (don't know which state but it had11 electoral college votes) and it was totally awesome and that's my story for the day.

Tennessee. I'll buy it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Hodgepodge posted:

...vae victis?

Anyone steps out of line they'll get a visit from ol' Harry Vorador.

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

PerniciousKnid posted:

That's a poor read on the UK situation. The Tories won election specifically by pandering to Brexit voters - Cameron promised to hold the referendum to sap support from UKIP, etc. If the anti-elitist voters had actually lost, there wouldn't have been a Brexit vote at all. Also, like Dexo said, there's just not that much room to grow for Trumpist populism.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

zoux posted:

Remember that the RNC is meeting with the Trump campaign. They're saying that it's a routine meeting, the press is reporting it as a "come to Jesus meeting".

Didnt they hold a huge intervention last week? And it barely lasted a few days before the second amendment poo poo?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I guess he really did have a girlfriend in Canada

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

US already Brexited in 1776 and canceled another Brexit with some vigorous debate from 1861-1865.

The Glumslinger posted:

Didnt they hold a huge intervention last week? And it barely lasted a few days before the second amendment poo poo?

That either didn't happen or wasn't an intervention, depending on your surrogate.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

I saw CNN reporting that, supposedly, the FBI and DOJ had talked about the Clinton Foundation. What they talked about I don't know, as I had to leave for work before CNN got to that report.

It'll probably amount to nothing in the long-term.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Malmesbury Monster posted:

That's a poor read on the UK situation. The Tories won election specifically by pandering to Brexit voters - Cameron promised to hold the referendum to sap support from UKIP, etc. If the anti-elitist voters had actually lost, there wouldn't have been a Brexit vote at all. Also, like Dexo said, there's just not that much room to grow for Trumpist populism.

...unless terrorist attacks continue to worsen.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Remember that the RNC is meeting with the Trump campaign. They're saying that it's a routine meeting, the press is reporting it as a "come to Jesus meeting".

"The Trump campaign" doesn't necessarily mean Trump is involved, nor would it mean that he cares. The topic of the meeting could be the campaign staff looking for ways to rein him in.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IMJack posted:

"The Trump campaign" doesn't necessarily mean Trump is involved, nor would it mean that he cares. The topic of the meeting could be the campaign staff looking for ways to rein him in.

We already know he's not going to be there.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's nice to see that everyone is having so much fun during this election cycle. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that everyone had a great time. :)

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

waitwhatno posted:

It's nice to see that everyone is having so much fun during this election cycle. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that everyone had a great time. :)

gently caress you. The most important thing is beating the poo poo out of the R's by all means necessary while laughing at so-called green 'party'

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nucleic Acids posted:

I saw CNN reporting that, supposedly, the FBI and DOJ had talked about the Clinton Foundation. What they talked about I don't know, as I had to leave for work before CNN got to that report.

It'll probably amount to long series of bullshit house investigations that find nothing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IMJack posted:

Of course this just makes me think of the opening of Jurassic Park when the raptors eat the dock worker.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

waitwhatno posted:

We're all winners here in the great US of A! /Hands out electoral participation trophies

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Of course this just makes me think of the opening of Jurassic Park when the raptors eat the dock worker.

Ah that explains the 2nd Amendment comments.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I really genuinely don't understand how people in positions of political power don't get "hey, maybe I shouldn't get myself into sexually compromising positions or at least maybe not film it?"

State legislator isn't always a full-time gig, and most of the seats aren't that competitive. If you're in a deep red/blue district, all you've got to do to be State Senator is beat out a few town councillors in a primary once. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of local and state leg. electeds who are sharp & savvy, but it's not always a requirement.

Plus don't forget that most of these guys are old fogeys who don't really get technology all that well, and whose views on sex were solidified back when intern banging contests were probably a real thing or whatever.

A dude in a leadership position should know better though.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I like Killer Mike, but gently caress Killer Mike.

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/764116711838720000?s=09

Also lol @ anyone who still believes that Trump is some sort of reaction to neoliberalism

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

gently caress you. The most important thing is beating the poo poo out of the R's by all means necessary while laughing at so-called green 'party'

Finally MIGF posts something I agree 100% with.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

HorseRenoir posted:

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/764116711838720000?s=09

Also lol @ anyone who still believes that Trump is some sort of reaction to neoliberalism

No Killer Mike, this is not how you burn this motherfucker down

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

My Imaginary GF posted:

Low energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

HorseRenoir posted:

I remember a certain group of Bros who got in hot water for telling black people how to vote

• Locked thread