Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

various cheeses posted:

Have they added any new weapons or anything interesting? Haven't played in a while.

They can't even do LBXs right because of their poo poo legacy coding, what makes you think they can do new weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'

various cheeses posted:

Have they added any new weapons or anything interesting? Haven't played in a while.

No, but you do have the unique opportunity to spend up to Three Hundred and Fifty of your dollars on the Five (5) current upcoming mechs! Doesn't that sound interesting to you?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
And remember, if you don't want to play the game you can still spend a lot of time posting about it on the forums!

Zyphoid
Mar 5, 2015

various cheeses posted:

Some of the new mechs are interesting. I'm totally still waiting for new weapons. We are right on the cusp timeline wise. They are redoing Terra Therma.....so I'm sure it will be a new sniper/lrm map.

:ughh: :russbus:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

various cheeses posted:

I too was young once too.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Mahatma-Squid posted:

No, but you do have the unique opportunity to spend up to Three Hundred and Fifty of your dollars on the Five (5) current upcoming mechs! Doesn't that sound interesting to you?

I'd rather spend $350 on a thousand rounds of ammo to shoot myself in the head with 😎

Thanks guys. I'll have to hop on for some drops like the good ol days (there were no good days)

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Gotta knock out the challenges before no mans sky comes out tonight.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

TjyvTompa posted:

Go on mumble, easiest way to find people to play with. There is a steam group but I don't think anyone uses it to find games: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mwo-goons

Anyone able to PM me mumble information?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Is ghost heat still a thing?

Did the thread see the pre-alpha video for that Battletech kickstarter they put out at gamescom?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

OB_Juan posted:

Is ghost heat still a thing?

Did the thread see the pre-alpha video for that Battletech kickstarter they put out at gamescom?

Cross posting cause its that amazing:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They've posted a neat little teaser of what the cinematic cutscene style will be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbvJtznqkBE

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Azuth0667 posted:

Cross posting cause its that amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

Actually meant this one. The best part is everyone laughing at the dev after his Atlas got planted right out the gate.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Azuth0667 posted:

mumble.goonrathi.com pw:mellon

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
that loyalty Blackjack is gonna be a nasty brawler

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

OB_Juan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

Actually meant this one. The best part is everyone laughing at the dev after his Atlas got planted right out the gate.

Yeah, this was shared a couple pages back.

Gotta love battletech at it's finest.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

mumble.goonrathi.com pw mellon

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

RE: the discussion a few pages back, after having pulled the trigger on king crabs, to finish them off, they're incredibly fun but they're really awkward.

-XLs are a thing you can get away with if you build for sitting back 500m or greater away. Up close something inevitably is flanking you and will take out a side torso. You can go into the 300-400 bracket with a standard, but doing the boomcrab is ill-advise, because you end up having to drop your engine a bit, and going slow gets you murdered on basically every map in this game right now.

I actually really like the deadsided standard 2x AC5 + 2-3x PPC setup you can do with the 000 and 000B. The brawling 0000 is wonderful, but the utter lack of structure quirks means you do much better as a direct fire setup, ideally something that can deadside and shield. The torso twist bonus is pretty fantastic, but the model has some issues.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Pattonesque posted:

that loyalty Blackjack is gonna be a nasty brawler

Probably not as nasty as the Griffin since it doesn't have the arms to shield, and we don't know what kind of structure/armor quirks it will get. :shrug:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

That ecm stalker looks brutal but loving laffo at what you would have had to spend for it.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Cyrano4747 posted:

That ecm stalker looks brutal but loving laffo at what you would have had to spend for it.
All these Mechs will (eventually) come out for c-bills. Of course, by then they'll have nerfed them significantly.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

D-DC and -S are easy picks for the first two chassis but, what should the third eventually be?

the -D has the ac20 cooldown, but can mount 2 LB10s, which works out to more damage faster at lower heat - minus spread.

the boars head has no engine cap, so it can run an xl 375/400 and god hand lpls and large lasers. not recommending it, but it is a commoners community warfare special.

The RS's main draw is arm-mounted lasers. It has decent energy quirks and atlas toughness, but in the modern age of mechs, 4 energy is kind of underwhelming. It can godhand lpls, cornerpoke, and is way better at swatting lights off its back, but more or less the only thing it does is move CT lasers to arms. This makes it actually kind of worse in a brawl: it can't zombie. Single heat sink shenanigans are possible with MPL and srms.

The K is irredeemable garbage, but if you want an XL300 and can slog through basics on it, maybe consider it on discount. Basics strip and sell is the only thing it is good for.

I'm fairly sure stupid me from 3 years ago used the K for third basics along with the RS. Dont be old me.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

-XLs are a thing you can get away with if you build for sitting back 500m or greater away. Up close something inevitably is flanking you and will take out a side torso. You can go into the 300-400 bracket with a standard, but doing the boomcrab is ill-advise, because you end up having to drop your engine a bit, and going slow gets you murdered on basically every map in this game right now.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=16c1c700f2e480398c70e952ad225b51bc0db340

Almost maxed engine, six tons of AC20 ammo, 40% cooling efficiency, armor everywhere it matters. Plus, this is the only variant that gets AC20 quirks, if I recall. If you wanna boomcrab, this is the way to go. You can swap the 6s for 4s with Artemis if you want for accuracy reasons, but generally I find myself taking on other big things with this where the accuracy matters a bit less- plus, a double AC20 shot will scare off most lights even if you miss, they tend to realize that a single hit will kill them.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Pooncha posted:

Probably not as nasty as the Griffin since it doesn't have the arms to shield, and we don't know what kind of structure/armor quirks it will get. :shrug:

true but if you have a tonnage-restricted deck it sounds like it'll be a good option

a laserdrill ECM Stalker, now ...

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm kind of tempted to drop $20 on some pack or other just to get that Cataphract. They're my favourite heavy and a bunch of medium lasers and an AC/20 with MASC could be fun.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

So it looks like the loyalty hellbringer does some interesting new things with the omnipods. Loosely:
1B+1E arm pods are excellent additions
1E+1M in the right torso. (stacks with the head and ecm pod)
the LT pod is garbage, but might have favorable quirks because it isn't the ecm pod.

The summoner pods(if you like summoners)
Have 1B+1E pod for both sides (2E or 1B being the max, with no B right arm)
the LT pod offers 1M+e1 (no energy hardpoints in that torso previously)
the RT also has 1E, which is an upgrade from 1B+1AMS as the only option for that torso.

So i think both have the chance to play old mechs in new ways.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

TheParadigm posted:

the LT pod is garbage, but might have favorable quirks because it isn't the ecm pod.

None of the hellbringers omnipods have quirks.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Ardlen posted:

All these Mechs will (eventually) come out for c-bills. Of course, by then they'll have nerfed them significantly.

Future patchnotes:

STK-3Fb now available for cbills!

Removed yaw, pitch and turning quirks on STK-3Fb
Removed ECM from STK-3Fb

On a side note, the ecm hardpoint on that variant is in the center torso. Too lazy to look bit wont that mean you have to run a garbage slow standard engine or an xl?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

On a side note, the ecm hardpoint on that variant is in the center torso. Too lazy to look bit wont that mean you have to run a garbage slow standard engine or an xl?

How so?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

XL engines are +3 each side torso. No impact on CT space. the answer to your question is it doesnt matter/use whatever engine keeps your mech afloat.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Dont use XLs in stalkers

In hellbringerchat: The hunchbringer!
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=231&l=a5ee110fccd594561c54bf70bcfc5914b7741bbf

This things a monster. ECM gets you into brawl range unnoticed and the LBX spread is meaningless in SPL range anyway. Definitely one of the better clan mechs Ive tried so far.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Again I am not in front of mechlab but IIRC a std 300 in a stalker left 2 slots in the CT, enough space for a large laser. Isnt IS ECM 3 slots?

What i was getting at is you'd have to run a slow std engine or xl to fit ecm in that variant

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 13, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

IS ECM is 1.5 tons and 2 slots.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
XL and std engines both take up the same amount of CT space.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Great Beer posted:

Dont use XLs in stalkers

In hellbringerchat: The hunchbringer!
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=231&l=a5ee110fccd594561c54bf70bcfc5914b7741bbf

This things a monster. ECM gets you into brawl range unnoticed and the LBX spread is meaningless in SPL range anyway. Definitely one of the better clan mechs Ive tried so far.

I keep trying to come up with decent HBR builds that don't use that prime ECM/3E torso. I have yet to find one. It's just such an ungood mech without it, and delightful with. The only downside is that everyone always knows where to aim...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Theres no reason whatsoever to use a different torso. 3 laser hardpoints and ECM and its exactly the same quirks (none) as the other options.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
This link (login required) wil show what loyalty rewards you are eligible for.

They also expanded eligibility for the Blackjack 2 MC reward to anyone who has bought a Steam package.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

This link (login required) wil show what loyalty rewards you are eligible for.

They also expanded eligibility for the Blackjack 2 MC reward to anyone who has bought a Steam package.

Ah, nice.
Thanks for the link.

Now lets hope they realize how retarded the "2x40$ but not 4x20$" policy on top tier rewards is.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Should just go by total amount of $ spent. As long as a mark gives them his money, what do they care if it's in mech packs or supply cache keys?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

:bang: Oh gently caress this poo poo, I'm taking the European servers off my list for good. Three games in a row where literally nobody other than me uses a loving mic, or even pays the slightest attention when I call a primary target. And then they have the goddamn gall to whine in chat when everybody gets picked off one by one :argh:. The ping to NA is totally fine anyway, Yanks aren't better players but at least they realise it's a goddamn team game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

NihilCredo posted:

:bang: Oh gently caress this poo poo, I'm taking the European servers off my list for good. Three games in a row where literally nobody other than me uses a loving mic, or even pays the slightest attention when I call a primary target. And then they have the goddamn gall to whine in chat when everybody gets picked off one by one :argh:. The ping to NA is totally fine anyway, Yanks aren't better players but at least they realise it's a goddamn team game.

Play. With. Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

mumble.goonrathi.com pw mellon

^^^

• Locked thread