Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Work Friend Keven posted:

They're sisters.

That's my fet...

Servaetes posted:

Please don't.

Okay. Uh, alright. gently caress, I haven't played this game in three months, what the hell do I talk about. So *clears throat* how is Malzahar doing these days? He had a rework, was apparently OP as poo poo and has since been nerfed if I'm not mistaken. Is he teetering on the brink of usability or is he still pretty good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

its very race-ist that the only fast yordles are the furry ones

Lulu?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

That's my fet...

Okay. Uh, alright. gently caress, I haven't played this game in three months, what the hell do I talk about. So *clears throat* how is Malzahar doing these days? He had a rework, was apparently OP as poo poo and has since been nerfed if I'm not mistaken. Is he teetering on the brink of usability or is he still pretty good?

He can still be pretty scary in the right situation, but all the nerfs before the one he -actually- needed has made him pretty vulnerable. He's still way more fun than before the rework.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

That's my fet...

Malz is still good but much diminished after the nerfs. I think hes better top now than mid because with the passive nerfs, range and move speed reductions he doesn't trade as well vs range as he used to but he'll still bully the gently caress out of a melee champ. But hes basically a late game mage that takes some ramp up time. His minions are still strong vs jungle camps/dragon/baron so you should leverage that as much as possible.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

shes not a yordle tho, i thought she was like some fae meme that they whipped up like shes corrupted by forest magic or some poo poo

or did they retcon that

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Radical posted:

i was teaching a co-worker how to play league today and she was starting the second tutorial (where you pick ryze, garen, or ashe) while i was looking at my phone and when i looked up i realized she picked ryze and boy ryze is def. NOT the champ for someone that doesn't play videogames. also the tutorial still talks about his original ult because they forgot to change it for either remake.

Ryze is the weirdest loving champ to use for the tutorial. Why isn't it Lux, or someone else who is a little less contrived?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Ryze is the weirdest loving champ to use for the tutorial. Why isn't it Lux, or someone else who is a little less contrived?

I assume its because they haven't actually updated the tutorial since, like, the coop vs. AI patch

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

ryze is 450 IP lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

shes not a yordle tho, i thought she was like some fae meme that they whipped up like shes corrupted by forest magic or some poo poo

or did they retcon that

She's a Yordle that got lost in the woods

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

or did they retcon that

Lulu is a Yordel who got lost in the woods and came out like a hundred years later batshit insane because of fairies.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

ryze used to be the easiest champion in the game to play since you would just mash buttons and his ult healed him so his only resource was mana which was also the only thing that he really built

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

or did they retcon that

Pix is the fae

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
just played my weekly diamond maintenance game. won easily with taric vs. tryndamere yasuo sivir lee sin. see yall next week!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Does anyone know why Twisted Fate is disabled?

I like reading about the weird ways champions break but I can't find any info on this one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

A quick Reddit search gave me this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onH0KJVm2mg
No need to even watch it, the thumbnail explains it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

DolphinCop posted:

just played my weekly diamond maintenance game. won easily with taric vs. tryndamere yasuo sivir lee sin. see yall next week!

Every game I play lately the team comps are this bad or worse. People need to learn how to loving draft good characters. You would think that you could figure out at like mid-Silver that "hey guys we don't have a single tank and everyone is a sword-swinging champion this might not be ideal!" but nope. I don't think it ever actually gets fixed.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hell as long as she's still a girl smurf who presumably enjoys loving, the core of the character remains un damaged.

hahahahahaha

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Mierenneuker posted:

A quick Reddit search gave me this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onH0KJVm2mg
No need to even watch it, the thumbnail explains it.

how? why mikaels?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

how? why mikaels?

The same way multiple skins have had accidental gameplay effects, multiple balance patches that somehow make the game run worse, and multiple incidents where people have permanently unlocked skins they dont own.

(both the client and the launcher are coded in the pasta alphabet. It is spaghetti code.)

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Libertine posted:

Every game I play lately the team comps are this bad or worse. People need to learn how to loving draft good characters. You would think that you could figure out at like mid-Silver that "hey guys we don't have a single tank and everyone is a sword-swinging champion this might not be ideal!" but nope. I don't think it ever actually gets fixed.

It's easy to fix. Just delete all of these champions from the game.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm fine with wacky carry-obsessed players, but what really cheeses me are the people who position poorly then get furious that you didn't "peel" for them because omg u r "Tank". Like wtf this isn't WoW, unless I'm Rammus/Shen there's no real way to make someone focus the chufty guy over the paper enemy right next to them.

I've learned from multiple mobas that these people exist at every ELO/MMR, too.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

I'm fine with wacky carry-obsessed players, but what really cheeses me are the people who position poorly then get furious that you didn't "peel" for them because omg u r "Tank". Like wtf this isn't WoW, unless I'm Rammus/Shen there's no real way to make someone focus the chufty guy over the paper enemy right next to them.

The flipside of this is tanks that just dive past some bruisers to the backline at the start of teamfights even though they don't actually have the damage the kill anyone.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Neurolimal posted:

lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

obv peeling is A Thing you can do, but their idea of Peeling is finding a way to make the enemy not gib the vayne that just activated her ult and immediately tumbled towards them

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
alternative: gently caress the moron that plays adc, role sucks lane sucks

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Neurolimal posted:

obv peeling is A Thing you can do, but their idea of Peeling is finding a way to make the enemy not gib the vayne that just activated her ult and immediately tumbled towards them

lets play a normal

this is completely unreleated to this conversation, im just bored5

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you dislike the new poppy i've got two words for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-s-ASyCYp0

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Whenever I have the patience to queue for mid. I been playing Malz he is so fun to play and has no real counter imo. Some poke champs can clear his passive easily and the cooldown on the passive is longer but imo its not just the passive that makes him strong. The fact that u can reach the backline with ur e if u get a kill makes his teamfighting so much easier. And people don't keep track of his e so if u get a kill it gets transferred very easily. He can focus the frontline kill it and then his e goes over to the next person. Also his e cd gets so low with 40% cdr u can cast it many times during a fight. He is great teamfighter but also great at picks. If u take ghost+flash. If u have the mastery that reduces the cooldown of summoners Ghost's cd is incredibly low. U can ghost ult everytime u have ult. Even in high plat people take forever to build QSS so his ult is super impactful. 2 Item powerspikes are super important in this season because mid game around 25-30 min is where most games seem to end this season. Malzahar's two item powerspike is insane like Viktor or Azir before. Once u get morellos and rylais u can pretty much solo carry the game.

Its one of those champs that is super easy to play but also very meta and not just strong in low or high elo. U can play it on any comp vs any comp in any elo. Only thing that is remotely hard is using e to trade and farming with autos. In some matchups u can just try to push them if they dont have ignite but in some matchups its much better to harass them if u have kill pressure. I would never take ignite(ghost or tp is better) so normally i try to just push instead of trading too often. He is banned often but if u get him he is free elo. Probably best mid pick right now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NTT posted:

lets play a normal

this is completely unreleated to this conversation, im just bored5

sure if you are fine with 3v3 and are willing to tolerate me being one of the thousands of kleds now infesting LoL

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
ARAM should teach people better positioning but I keep seeing Ezreal players who are always on the front line and screaming "Why do they always focus me??? WHERE'S THE PEEL" and finish the game with 20 deaths while I've got 3 on a caster.

It's the same with Summoner's rift, if you see someone like a mid laner or an ADC with a ton of deaths most of the time it's because they're way too far forward and get caught out, and not that their team isn't peeling for them.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
It's hard to tell how good kled is when people just play like idiots around him, ignore audio queues, and let him remount for free by brawling against his w as a low damage tank. He seems like the kind of champion thats gonna coast on being gimmicky for a bit but then fall off when people get used to him but who knows.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ironically if you are too far foward as an adc thats the time you're most likely to get peel by having one of your tanks cc their back line, since that's where your tanks are going to be, a thousand teemos away from everyone else trying to 1vx their carries

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

It's hard to tell how good kled is when people just play like idiots around him, ignore audio queues, and let him remount for free by brawling against his w as a low damage tank. He seems like the kind of champion thats gonna coast on being gimmicky for a bit but then fall off when people get used to him but who knows.

Even with bads failing to understand his telegraphs (speaking of, this is a really good time to learn fiona; she chumps all of his telegraphed gimmicks really easily, basically free stuns 4 dayz), he has a lot of objectively good traits;

- at level 1 he easily has the best damage vs. other melees (obviously this is balanced by him being miserable to play against poking heroes)

- when dismounting he becomes untargetable, nukes that deal more than Skaarl's health get gimped, and he loses tower aggro. Which means he can pull off some sick tower dives.

- his % damage is Not Capped Against Monsters. I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but it's pretty great against stuff like Vilemaw, Nashors, Rift Herald, and Dragon.

- His second dash instantly jumps back to his last target, so you can pull off insane chases or escapes

and finally:

- with the crazy ASPD boost I can finally stop trying to make AD Evelynn a fun gimmick.

Outside of that, in my subjective opinion: he's really fun, really good but not overpowered (I swear he has some sort of lifesteal penalty hidden away alongside the 20% damage debuff when mounted), and has a lot of solid counters.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

old poppy was a generic assassin, she just randomly said 'gently caress you' to everyone in the world for five seconds at a time

even if in practice it wasn't super useful i liked that she could convert crits into full magic damage, it was a unique thing she could do

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

- when dismounting he becomes untargetable, nukes that deal more than Skaarl's health get gimped, and he loses tower aggro. Which means he can pull off some sick tower dives.

I kind of wonder if this is going to stay around forever without seriously nerfing his damage output. For the most part his kit feels pretty balanced and reasonable to play around but this specifically feels unfair when you predict his dive and land cc as he goes in but he has a built in get out of jail free card cause he just falls off his mount and q's out. Comparing it to passives like aatrox/zac or other aggro dropping poo poo like elise repel or ekko ult it just feels a bit strong cause in the first two cases you can play around their revive (and they are on much longer cooldowns) and in the second two you do have the option of chain ccing them to death.

Trill Sandwich
Sep 19, 2009
I've been playing support kled with a great deal of success. The he can engage and disengage at will with well timed eq combos and the ultimate is great for picking up a jungler and smashing them into the opposing midlaner or objectives. I'm sure he's not the ~optimal~ choice, but it's too fun for me to stop. Those monstrous tower dive mechanics enable so many goofy plays, even at early levels.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
ive started to think i should just learn cho mid so that my team can actually have a tank when top, jg, and support all pick carries

i've also had a bad streak of other lanes going 0/5 in less than 10 minutes and tilting out of control and i have no idea what i'm supposed to do to win the game at that point besides either crush lane harder (which i can't at my skill level) or play safe and farm (which i probably won't get a chance to because my team insists on taking every possible fight they can despite us being down 10k gold, or someone trying to splitpush despite insisting that we can win if we group, and then getting caught out)

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Ulio posted:

Whenever I have the patience to queue for mid. I been playing Malz he is so fun to play and has no real counter imo.

Malz is a good champ don't get me wrong but right now he is far from the best mid or good for all comp's and situations. He is vulnerable to champs with strong wave clear and long range. Vel'koz for instance, will completely wreck a malz. For that matter, throw in a Zilean and not only can he answer your pushes with his double bombs, his ult will essentially undo yours in team fights. Yeah you can target him but he's faster and better at kiting than you are so good luck with that.

Also in general, given the latest nerfs to his passive, any ranged champ can easily keep his passive off which means if you want to push and make full use of your kit (and your mana is gonna suck if you aren't getting a lot of bounces on e) you are about just as vulnerable to ganks as pre re-work malz was. So any strong early game champ is going to be able to pressure you, roam and do a lot more early on in the other lanes which means the game might as well be done by the time you get your power spike with the Rylai's. You aren't going to out roam an Ahri or a Taliyah.

Again he's got some good strengths in his objective control and high sustained damage late game but there is quite a few risks in playing him and there are many champs that do very well against him.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Look I don't care if people play Poppy, I just don't think there's any good reason to ever do it without first loading up this video and putting it on repeat for the entire duration of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYoRaxgOE0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Kled owns.

• Locked thread