Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hauki
May 11, 2010

Awesome! posted:

all of this looks really cool. i have been sidetracked this league with bloodborne and rocket league and im not even at 24 challenges yet :( not gonna get that monkey

I think I quit at 35. CBA to log in to get that last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I got the monkey 2 weeks ago and stopped playing, minus testing out some build ideas on standard briefly. Got pretty close to burning out entirely at 33.

Wonder what they're doing with that system then.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Well, I'm excited.

The prospect of being able to work towards doing a map type I actually like at a challenge level that meets my character's progress is thrilling.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

have they announced any skill nerfs yet?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I look forward to being obliterated by a tier 20, 12 mod core malachai.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Wow, I wasnt planning on playing the new league, but these new additions seem loving great.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's the go to bow build for starting a league? i haven't played a bow char since lightning arrow was popular near launch.

baram. fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 13, 2016

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I got my :10bux: :10bux: ready for Premium Essence and Premium Map tabs, hope they launch with the league!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

baram. posted:

what's the go to bow build for starting a league? i haven't played a bow char since lightning arrow was popular near launch.
Lightning arrow is still good.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

baram. posted:

LA Pierce or Tornado Shot Pierce.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
So hyped for Atla's of World's

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

twinned dry peninsula is kind of interesting

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Awesome! posted:

have they announced any skill nerfs yet?

In the reddit thread where Chris mentions the 2 new skills he also mentions an entire gem rebalance that they can talk about now

Everything looks sick but I think they've made the same mistake with the new challenge league that they did with the last one: it's not in your face enough, it looks like you could play through the entire league without interacting with it at all, same as Prophecy

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Weird question: I missed out on buying a Prophecy supporter pack (because I was out for the night). I've talked to GGG support, they can set up a last minute purchase if I like. Is it still worth buying? I quite like the prophecy portal effect and the armor set.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 13, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

In the reddit thread where Chris mentions the 2 new skills he also mentions an entire gem rebalance that they can talk about now

Everything looks sick but I think they've made the same mistake with the new challenge league that they did with the last one: it's not in your face enough, it looks like you could play through the entire league without interacting with it at all, same as Prophecy

It sounds like the essences will buff monsters before though, kinda like talisman but not as extreme.

I really only want a few things out of a complete rebalance, namely a reason to use all the other skills. Hopefully that happens.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Phobophilia posted:

Weird question: I missed out on buying a Prophecy supporter pack (because I was out for the night). I've talked to GGG support, they can set up a last minute purchase if I like. Is it still worth buying? I quite like the prophecy portal effect and the armor set.

honestly I like everything in the prophecy pack more than the current ones

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Vasudus posted:

It sounds like the essences will buff monsters before though, kinda like talisman but not as extreme.

I really only want a few things out of a complete rebalance, namely a reason to use all the other skills. Hopefully that happens.

He shows it in one of the videos, the monsters are locked in place and can't do anything so unless you click on them, the fight won't start

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
like strongboxes, but

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like the ideas of good rares being a centerpiece, rather than 'okay I need to make up a bunch of resists and have these slots to work with' like now. A shitload of my builds in the last two leagues or so have been very unique heavy, just because there's so many to draw from and they're relatively cheap outside of a few outliers.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Dear god this league looks good.

J
Jun 10, 2001

You could skip the essence packs just like you could skip strongboxes, but considering the essence drops seem to just be enhanced alch/chaos orbs, why skip em? Especially considering you can apparently take 3 of a lower tier essence and trade them for a higher tier essence, even the lower level ones should be useful.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ultima66 posted:

For Atziri mechanics? I probably get hit by way more poo poo that I'm not supposed to than you do. Also I'm not playing Assassin so my damage is a lot lower. I'm running Pathfinder with like 60/65 dodge and braindead permanent curse/bleed/elemental status immunity. It's still enough damage that Conservatory Vaal and the double Vaals in uber die before they really do anything, but Trio is a slowish fight and Atziri herself gets to do a bunch of crap.

E: I'm at work with no headphones anyone wanna summarize new mapping system for me?

Ah, yeah assassin gives me 30-40% of my damage, and most of my damage over time. I also have temp chains on blasphemy, so i stand in the middle of atziri split phase and throw 2 barrages on one of them, then blink arrow out and dodge until the dots kill it.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
League looks fun.

Also, good news, the BLade Vortez crashes have been fixes.

Bad news, you don't gain flask charges with Blade Vortex crits anymore, at all, ever.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

When does this league end? Is it feasible to get the armor set from the challenges this league starting now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
August 30. The rewards are footprints (12)/weapon effect (24)/monkey pet (36). Armor is only in the supporter's pack.

Challenges posted:

Activate Normal Waypoints
Kill these Act 2 Uniques
Kill 50 Monsters Bearing Silver
Fulfill a Prophecy
Complete these Encounters I
Kill these Normal Act Bosses
Create a Hideout
Clear Cruel Sewers
Complete These Cruel Quests
Use these Currency Items
Complete these Encounters II
Kill Cruel Act Bosses
Clear Merciless Dried Lake
Fulfill a Prophecy Chain Everything from here up is almost impossible to miss
Kill Merciless Rares Little bit of RNGesus/backtracking involved, but not terrible
Fulfill these Prophecy Types I Easy with enough coins
Kill 25 Vaal Bosses Bit of a grind because it depends on Vaal areas appearing
Currency from Vendor Recipes Easy
Level a Gem to 20 Can you get a character to the high-80's in two weeks?
Open a Unique strongbox RNGesus
Fully Upgrade your Hideout Do-able
Kill Merciless Izaro Easy
Fulfill these Prophecy Types II Should be do-able
Kill these Beyond Demons Depends on your build
Identify 50 Unique Items RNGesus
Complete these Encounters III RNGesus + right build for Rampage (hint: Sea Witch Gorge)
Kill these Merciless Act Bosses Easy
Fulfill these Prophecy Chains RNGesus
Reach Level 90 Can you get to level 90 in two weeks?
Clear Unidentified Rare Maps Getting a rare Phantasmagoria to drop (or Vaaling it back to un-ID'd) will be the worst part)
Unseal the Endgame Labyrinth Might need a bit of help from that one public chat channel to get all the trials
Kill these Map Bosses Shouldn't be too bad
Kill Argus in the Endgame Labyrinth Depends on your build
Defeat the Pale Council Ditto
Redeem Divination Card Sets Never got this one, need a shitload of currency or drop luck
Clear Twinned Maps Getting red maps will be the hardest part probably
Get Maps from Map Bosses Never got this one, super grindy/RNGesus
Complete these Encounters IV Grind; completing missions at this point would probably require daily rotations
Clear Maps with Eight Mods Never got this one, depends on your build; at least you don't need to do red maps
Complete Two Endgame Grinds gently caress doing this one

24 probably wouldn't be too bad, doubt you'd get 36 at this point without a bunch of poopsocking.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 13, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Kill 25 Vaal Bosses - run sac pieces for a guaranteed Vaal boss

Open a Unique strongbox, Clear Maps with Eight Mods, Clear Unidentified Rare Maps, Clear Twinned Maps, Unseal the Endgame Labyrinth, Kill Argus in the Endgame Labyrinth - lurk in 820

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
👽 gon b gud

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Awesome! posted:

twinned dry peninsula is kind of interesting

Ha, yeah, I ran one of those once and then at the boss was like "well, poo poo, of course that happens." Eventually dragged them far enough apart to end it, but it took a bit of doing.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Haven't played this game in years, logged into my account with some lv 35s, and stashed all their poo poo. I can't remember how anything works, so I guess i'm starting over.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
opened a Ice Nova strongbox in a t13 map and died instantly

softcore, yea, but still annoying

do they do a lot more damage in higher maps? I'm not familiar with red maps

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

ronya posted:

They scale with level, so yeah. 'Freezes you on opening' + "Casts Ice Nova" was the cool combo responsible for tons of deaths when Strongboxes were first introduced.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

ronya posted:

iirc the damage they do also scales with any mods on the map that increase damage, but I could be wrong?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
welp died at 61 in the race, not gonna reroll again

turns out some exiles do more damage than Haast, Naem or Tzetosh...

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

BabyRyoga posted:

Haven't played this game in years, logged into my account with some lv 35s, and stashed all their poo poo. I can't remember how anything works, so I guess i'm starting over.

Welcome. You may want to give the temp league a try. Also join the guild, it may be mostly dead this late in a league, but its less dead than standard, which is nearly perma-goon dead.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I got lucky with some yolo exalting.

http://imgur.com/a/Nex2d

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I haven't played in at least a year, I have a pretty decently pimped out Scion that's not part of the current League.

Given the new expansion in a month, should I bother making a new League character or just stick to playing my Scion? I guess either way it doesn't matter since I'll probably reroll in a month?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

funmanguy posted:

I got lucky with some yolo exalting.

http://imgur.com/a/Nex2d

Grats, what was the last exalt?

Sab669 posted:

I haven't played in at least a year, I have a pretty decently pimped out Scion that's not part of the current League.

Given the new expansion in a month, should I bother making a new League character or just stick to playing my Scion? I guess either way it doesn't matter since I'll probably reroll in a month?

Doesn't matter unless you want to poopsock some cosmetics in the temp league. You get stuff at 12, 24, and 36 challenges.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hauki posted:

Doesn't matter unless you want to poopsock some cosmetics in the temp league. You get stuff at 12, 24, and 36 challenges.

And you can get to 24 with minimal effort!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Hauki posted:

Grats, what was the last exalt?

First one was a low hybrid es roll, the second was T1 ES%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I kinda want to get to 36 but I'm only at 30

• Locked thread