Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

LordPants posted:

Football Weekly is back. :)

No James Richardson next week for both Football Weekly and Football Weekly Extra as he will be in Botswana watching buff guys, World Strongest Man. Max Rushden will be filling in for both of those days.

Also Football Ramble is back with new logo and new theme song. Not sure what to think of the theme song at this moment.

Edit: The Game Podcast will be back next Monday.

https://twitter.com/Marcotti/status/763839626754789376

psyer fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

New Ramble theme is pure 00s land fill indie rubbish

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I loved the Ramble theme, don't like this new one.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm indifferent to the theme music to most podcasts. I'm glad there are football podcasts again.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
The Ramble's new intro reminds me of another song but I can't put my finger on what.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Lot 49 posted:

The Ramble's new intro reminds me of another song but I can't put my finger on what.
It's every song by a British indie band from about 2007 to about 2011. It's pretty bad but I guess it's only 10 seconds a week.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Worst thing about the rambe intro is Marcus and his awkward spiel in the middle of it. Just play the song and then do the intro.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
If you had to start with one and only one Podcast due to limited time and you were hoping to learn the rules of Football as quickly as possible because you accidentally married a Seahawks fan, which one would you go with?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

None of these because these are soccer, not American football.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I guess you'd need to start with a Grantland article explaining which team is the Premier League equivalent of the Seahawks

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

If you had to start with one and only one Podcast due to limited time and you were hoping to learn the rules of Football as quickly as possible because you accidentally married a Seahawks fan, which one would you go with?

Athletico Mince

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Pete's mushroom was amazing and that was the second reference to Spelsy being a church man that I've noticed.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I listened to Atletico Mince today and rather liked it. They only talked about football for about 30 seconds

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I can't find the 5Live World Football Phone In on iTunes podcast app?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

opus111 posted:

Pete's mushroom was amazing and that was the second reference to Spelsy being a church man that I've noticed.

Yeah holy poo poo that mushroom segment was the funniest bit they've done since, I dunno, Pete's FA cup final Pardew rant maybe? I was dying of laughter

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

julian assflange posted:

I listened to Atletico Mince today and rather liked it. They only talked about football for about 30 seconds

Bob Mortimer has a fantastic memory for football trivia in his Memory man segment.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

track day bro! posted:

Bob Mortimer has a fantastic memory for football trivia in his Memory man segment.

It has a distinct Shooting Stars vibe to it when he does that

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
If anyone listens to beyond the pitch here there's some drama. Apparently anto stole all the money and went ghost. Disappeared.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

grvm posted:

If anyone listens to beyond the pitch here there's some drama. Apparently anto stole all the money and went ghost. Disappeared.

How has the writer of that gone his whole life without coming across a paragraph?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Diego Maradona's fake penis.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm going out on a limb and saying that the "nothing to talk about" International break Football Weeklies are some of the best.

Producer Ben was big on the music tracks this one.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
What was the thing they couldn't talk about for legal reasons on The Game? Also are Athletico Mince taking a break?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The opening question stuff on the Ramble is getting properly dire. I think they need to retire it alongside the Dean Windass Hall of Fame.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's really bad

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The worst thing is that there has been no Athletico Mince this week.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still laugh when I think of Bob's hotel room full of ham in Marseille

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

has anyone else just... stopped listening to football ramble? I don't know what happened in the summer break but it's dire now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the escape goat posted:

has anyone else just... stopped listening to football ramble? I don't know what happened in the summer break but it's dire now.

Yeah, it's just really really boring these days. Football Weekly is the only game in town.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's actually the Pete Donaldson bit just before the theme music that I hate the most

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pete Donaldson looks like the kind of person whose home has wheels.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I still listen to the ramble and football weekly, they both vary in quality. On it's day though the ramble is better than any thing, they just didn't have any thing interesting to talk about this week.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

the escape goat posted:

This week's was the only one I didn't like so much. It was great the week before.

It's football weekly i've stopped bothering with. They just sound so bored with it all. And all the 'umming' and 'ahhhhing' - it's as though they're doing it on purpose. It really needs a shake-up imo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Football Weekly is dire. It's so bland.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Bit much to expect anyone over 30 to be excited about football. They'd have to be retarded.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
The Ramble without Marcus isn't great. I like the awful opening question bit. Football Weekly's with Jimbo and Barry rule. I can't get into The Game... Gab Marcotti's voice, idk.

Is the show Barry does with Max Rushden a pod? Edit: I googled it. Guess it is.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I find the Ramble is only good when all four are present. They all balance each other out so well that when it's only 3 you get overloaded with too much Luke or whatever. Though Pete seems way less interested this season now that Newcastle aren't around.

Football Weekly lives or dies on the guests. Some weeks it's great, other weeks it's awful.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

webmeister posted:

I find the Ramble is only good when all four are present. They all balance each other out so well that when it's only 3 you get overloaded with too much Luke or whatever. Though Pete seems way less interested this season now that Newcastle aren't around.

Football Weekly lives or dies on the guests. Some weeks it's great, other weeks it's awful.

There was one ages ago where it was just pete and jim a d it was surprsingly good. But Speller is the real glue.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, I enjoy the Ramble and I subscribe on Acast+

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

It's proper funny 2 me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

webmeister posted:

I really feel that sometimes being a football podcast is tangential to their aims, and when they do goof off on some tangent i'm like the audience of one that actually enjoys it.