Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

nachos posted:

What is cnn going to do after this election when they can't parade out trump shills to get dunked on

Hire them! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Carlosologist posted:

so do you guys think voter turnout will be at an all time high this election?

nah, dem turnout maybe but gop turnout has been dropping and will drop further

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
The reason God rested on the seventh day is because Hillary was there, being Hillary, and that just made God really tired.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
http://www.wral.com/police-gunshots-fired-in-crabtree-valley-mall-no-suspects-in-custody/15926525/

Shooting at a North Carolina mall happening right now

Not a whole lot of details released so far

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

Zanzibar Ham posted:

At times I lay awake, thinking "why, why did Eve take the Fruit of Knowledge from that snake Hillary?!"

This one. This is the winningest post amongst this series of escalating hyperbolic hilarity, all of which were entertaining.

Congratulations, your trophy is in the mail.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Not as high as voter suppression and/or intimidation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Carlosologist posted:

Probably among certain demographics. Definitely not among Married 55+ White Men, their dreams are being cruelly snatched away from them by the lying press and hateful reality.

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

HighwireAct posted:

http://www.wral.com/police-gunshots-fired-in-crabtree-valley-mall-no-suspects-in-custody/15926525/

Shooting at a North Carolina mall happening right now

Not a whole lot of details released so far

It makes me sad that news about yet another mass shooting no longer surprises me and that I have become numb to it all.

I bet this is how (insert clever historical equivalent) felt when (insert event) happened. Sigh.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

33rd Degree Idiot posted:

It makes me sad that news about yet another mass shooting no longer surprises me and that I have become numb to it all.

I bet this is how (insert clever historical equivalent) felt when (insert event) happened. Sigh.

it's probably just idiot teenagers and not a mass shooter. no reports of injuries, mall on a saturday afternoon? someone looked the wrong way at someone else's girlfriend

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I...don't think CNN is going to have any use for Trump surrogates after the election. I could be wrong.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Airspace posted:

The reason God rested on the seventh day is because Hillary was there, being Hillary, and that just made God really tired.

"cant believe i'm gonna have to hear about this poo poo for the next 5000 years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

nachos posted:

What is cnn going to do after this election when they can't parade out trump shills to get dunked on
Election cycles don't end anymore. Whrr the gently caress have you been?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SedanChair posted:

I...don't think CNN is going to have any use for Trump surrogates after the election. I could be wrong.

I'm not sure how you can think having someone yell "lock up the prez" on a panel won't drive ratings.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Personally I feel Crooked HIllary really should have reconsidered before she murdered her brother Abel but y'know, Abel was probably aware of where her 30,000 missing emails are so she had to do it.
Actually, this one was done by her running mate.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm not sure how you can think having someone yell "lock up the prez" on a panel won't drive ratings.

Seems like Jerome Corsi and Orly Taitz should already have it made then.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

nachos posted:

First interview them for when they come out with the 'Insider Trump' books on the farce that was the Trump campaign.
Then hire them to present shows.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Inferior Third Season posted:

Actually, this one was done by her running mate.

Well done.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/764555516077039617

extremely cool, and good

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
"based on facts and documents."

:laffo:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Okay, thanks I had a feeling it was bullshit but I wanted something more than Jay going on the you can't trust right wing news to report reality.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It involves the Kennedys.

It was first published in a Brit news paper.

The only "evidence" comes from the KGB.

What do you think?

I thought it was bullshit dong the get go. But after finding just pages of Right Wing garbage in googling, I figured someone here had probably heard of it and could provide some evidence to counteract this

KomradeX fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 13, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Well at least Trump found some good company. Let's see his supporters turn this into a good thing from a master.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

nachos posted:

More coverage of the Air Malaysia flight 370 crash.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'd be okay with CNN playing nothing but Parts Unknown and the occasional documentary.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

Continue to suck.

ah my approach to dating

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Okay, so, let me get this straight -- so far today:

1) We've had a Trump surrogate go on CNN and say Obama started the Afghan War, and when challenged on it, actually double down and repeat the claim.

2) We've also had a leader of Hezbollah come out and say Obama started ISIS because Trump said so and because Trump is a presidential candidate it must be true.

3) An article in the NYT has come out showing how Trump is completely messed up and how -- literally hours after he said he was going to make a push to get 'better' -- he pulled the Second Amendment stunt.

Is it just me or is this whole thing starting to snowball and accelerate downhill? Like, just when you think it can't get worse, here's two more things. And as he and his surrogates try to put those out, two more come up and those start rolling and soon it's just going to be a steady mess of garbage flowing until he quits or straight up dies.

I mean, we haven't even hit the debates yet... seriously, what the holy hell is going on?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

acejackson42 posted:

Okay, so, let me get this straight -- so far today:

1) We've had a Trump surrogate go on CNN and say Obama started the Afghan War, and when challenged on it, actually double down and repeat the claim.

2) We've also had a leader of Hezbollah come out and say Obama started ISIS because Trump said so and because Trump is a presidential candidate it must be true.

3) An article in the NYT has come out showing how Trump is completely messed up and how -- literally hours after he said he was going to make a push to get 'better' -- he pulled the Second Amendment stunt.

Is it just me or is this whole thing starting to snowball and accelerate downhill? Like, just when you think it can't get worse, here's two more things. And as he and his surrogates try to put those out, two more come up and those start rolling and soon it's just going to be a steady mess of garbage flowing until he quits or straight up dies.

I mean, we haven't even hit the debates yet... seriously, what the holy hell is going on?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_Popular_Delusions_and_the_Madness_of_Crowds

The Republican Party has gone crazy and this is what happens when crazy people are in charge.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 13, 2016

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it's probably just idiot teenagers and not a mass shooter. no reports of injuries, mall on a saturday afternoon? someone looked the wrong way at someone else's girlfriend

Oddly enough two guys I know from Epic were there. Everyone's fine, it seems.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/opinion/sunday/the-perfect-gop-nominee.html

Maureen Dowd posted:

WASHINGTON — SPEAKING of crazy …

All these woebegone Republicans whining that they can’t rally behind their flawed candidate is crazy. The G.O.P. angst, the gnashing and wailing and searching for last-minute substitutes and exit strategies, is getting old.

They already have a 1-percenter who will be totally fine in the Oval Office, someone they can trust to help Wall Street, boost the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, cuddle with hedge funds, secure the trade deals beloved by corporate America, seek guidance from Henry Kissinger and hawk it up — unleashing hell on Syria and heaven knows where else.

The Republicans have their candidate: It’s Hillary.

Nice meltdown

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

acejackson42 posted:

you mean the debates Trump is already trying to weasel out of?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wonder how conservatives will respond to this news.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So what is it that allows Trump and Pierson to literally say completely inaccurate things--debunked by general, everyday knowledge, mind you--without so much as a blip among his supporters? Its ridiculous and infuriating how little regard these people have for basic competency or knowledge.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

So what is it that allows Trump and Pierson to literally say completely inaccurate things--debunked by general, everyday knowledge, mind you--without so much as a blip among his supporters? Its ridiculous and infuriating how little regard these people have for basic competency or knowledge.

First step is to train your supporters that the Lügenpresse are out to get you and will make up anything to stop your victory over evil. Then just keep telling them what they want to hear.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

Idiocracy in Action.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

LeeMajors posted:

Your unwillingness to shoot them in the face. When there are no consequences, ignorant and exploitative motherfuckers don't change. Period. They do still die though, so you can always try and wait them out and hope the next generation is slightly less terrible.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Why would Obama say something so stupid anyway?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
When Hillary is president will she be the new ISIS founder, or will it still be Obama?

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Evil Fluffy posted:

you mean the debates Trump is already trying to weasel out of?

Oh, I don't think there's any doubt that Trump is going to do everything possible to get out. It's just that if by some miracle they do happen... I mean, there's no possible outcome other than absolute disaster for Trump. Like, none. And with the steady stream of shite he's been pushing, it just seems impossible that a U.S. presidential candidate could perform this poorly -- and odds are we haven't seen the floor of his failure yet.

It used to be a joke, but really, I think we're going to see something historic here. Like Reagan/Mondale historic.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Trabisnikof posted:

First step is to train your supporters that the Lügenpresse are out to get you and will make up anything to stop your victory over evil. Then just keep telling them what they want to hear.

Also make sure you keep up an ominous evil Other that must be oppose at all costs and convince them that you are the only hope to preserve their values. Then, once properly indoctrinated, redefine those values to be whatever you want.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

James Garfield posted:

When Hillary is president will she be the new ISIS founder, or will it still be Obama?

She is already the co-founder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Utter, inexplicable hatred for the Clintons/Obamas compounded with years of telling their supporters that the LAMESTREAM MEDIA is wrong and out to get Republican candidates personally. Similarly, years of raging against fact-checking as tools of a leftist media conspiracy to discredit Republican candidates. An unhealthy paranoia against higher education (or education funding at all, really). And finally, placement of party loyalty above country at all levels.

Pick a reason, I'm sure I've forgotten something.

• Locked thread